[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is WoW dying? Is it because of the Diablo elements?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 544
Thread images: 82

File: for_the_light2_by_khubbo-d66q44c.jpg (118KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
for_the_light2_by_khubbo-d66q44c.jpg
118KB, 1191x670px
Why is WoW dying? Is it because of the Diablo elements?
>>
Because unless if you're in a shitty guild you can finish all of the mythic raiding content in less than two months and then there's literally nothing else to do except gold farm and spam the same mythic dungeons over and over.
>>
Because it's a dated shitty game that only stayed afloat due to being a fad.
>>
>>382676152
APPROVED

Nother thing I hope some ppl will read.

REMOVE most of the gear, we are tyred of random stupid, useless pieces. That was cool in 2004 where WoW was Diablo II successor with parts of spook/adventurish content.
Next expansion please give us full a sets of artifact gear. Saint Seya like, you have an item in your bag you click hop hop finally a full golden armor to pimp with artifact power, gems, relics etc invent thx. Armor + weapon. Leave this fucking old items drop. Thx bye.
>>
The game is 12 years old. It peaked in WOTLK which was several years ago now. No king rules forever.
>>
>>382675918
Wotlk killed it and any further wow could have
Cata tried to fix problems, but blizzard decided to listen wotlk kids and backed off
>>
because the people in charge of nu-WoW are talentless college grads, dyed haired bronies and autistic number crunching rainmen who entered numbers into a spreadsheet for a living before being hired by activision

there is no more talent. no more passion. no more identity. even the name "world of warcraft" is meaningless at this point. there is no more world, there is no more craft, and the war is merely implied.
>>
Blizzard either got drunk with power due to the wotlk numbers or Activision jewed up the company.
Both most likely happened.

For some stupid reason they got greedy and decided to casualise the game and brought in a bunch of stupid shit that ended up killing the most important parts of the game which is the community and it's addictive never ending fun.

So why would you play a game where everyone is a fucking selfish asshole and there is nothing to do.

They also gimped themselves because the shred of player base they have left likes all those stupid features and loses their shit because they work 23 hours a day with 12 kids and cant waste more than an hour on wow a day.
>>
File: double trouble.jpg (180KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
double trouble.jpg
180KB, 640x449px
"World of Warcraft"

This is very difficult to say while keeping a straight face. I wonder who can, because indeed it is hard.

"World", you say, while grinning like Jay Wilson did. "World", it is its name. But then, thinking of "World", you think about all the streamlined content and railroaded progression. Yes there are large landmasses, but when you spend your time idling in a small city or sanctuary, with merely a loading screen separating you from the instanced dungeons that you can immediately teleport to, said landmasses are entirely irrelevant in the long run.

But then, the funniest is coming: "War". Yes, now, you cannot contain your laughter. "War", it is called despite the fact that this "War" exists solely in exposition, mostly in the form of Christie Golden novels. You see combat, yes, but any war is merely implied. The great heroes take care of the war offscreen, or perhaps in a cutscene. And the factions themselves? Increasingly irrelevant. There is no more war, there are merely obstacles and distractions.

And now, here is the end of the fun: "Craft". Now you fell on the ground, laughing so hard that you cannot breathe. "Craft," the implication that any sort of intricacy or complexity still exists in this festering husk of a game. The preposterous notion that there remains an element of strategy to what is the most watered down and simplified video game on the market - a skinner box inside a skinner box, an utterly pointless experience that only serves to waste your time.

>World
>of War
>Craft
>>
>>382675918
because there's no world in world of warcraft
teleport there, teleport back, stay in your capital, teleport to bg, afk
you don't even have to visit the zones anymore, just boost that shit up to max lvl boy
>>
>>382676869
13 years is a hell of a fad
>>
>>382675918
>oversimplified gameplay
>only like 4-5 offensive abilities
>the rest of the abilities don't do anything
>people are sitting on 10,000 gold easily
>epics are being handed out like crazy
>content that should be full of shit to do is cut in terms of ease of use
>everything is now ease of use and way too fucking simple

Definitely because of diablo. Yup. Nothing else but Diablo. It's basically one big Diablo clone.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (25KB, 386x381px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
25KB, 386x381px
I'm gearing up my demon hunter and have been having a great time with his new build. He's only geared enough for normal tomb right now but I'm looking forward to progressing into heroic
Last week I completed the Chromie scenario on my mage, it was hard but really fun. I didn't even lookup the rewards, I just wanted to beat it for the sheer joy of it
Today I did the wailing caverns pet battle dungeon. I'm not really into pet battling but it was pretty cool anyway and I'll probably do the deadmines one soon.
I want to get all my alts to 110 so I can see their class campaigns too

Legion isn't what WoW used to be, but I still like it just as much
>>
>>382678529
;_;7
>>
>>382676152
Sounds like Vanilla
>>
Too casual. Most people should never be allowed to raid. Raiding was a PRIVILEGE not a flocking right like it was now., Casuals stuck to Non-Heroic Dungeons.

Instant TP to Dungeons,instant grouping., Killed WoW. Back in my day we had to physically go to the dungeon, and PHYSICALLY find a group. You had to wait hours sometime? You grinded, you dicked around, you had FUN. That was what the game was meant to be. We waited 3 hours for a tank to do BRD and we loved it. We wiped so many times. It's pathetic casuals can login and instantly join a queue or go fight Kiljaden.

No grind. WoW was about fucking grinding. I and every other hardcore player loved to grind. We loved it because, it was fun it gave us a sense of progression. Dont like it go play Skyrim and press A to win, faggot.

Raids are pathetic. Theres no sense of accomplishment anymore it's all whoever has the highest DPS and can avoid the circles. It's pathetic. 40 man Rag was harder then anything in Legion.

It required skill and intelligence, You had to spend weeks or months grinding for equips. Now you cant just join a random queue and hey you just killed Kiljaden!

Fuck you Blizzard. MMos are supposed to be casual filters. I want the insane grind back, I want the game to be tedious again. These "convenience features" ruined WoW.
>>
>>382675918
because it's a shit game and the only people left are delusional addicts.
It fails as both an MMO, due to all the QoL shit killing any community it had and an RPG, because blizzard's idea of quests is a joke.
But hey, at least it still makes money!
>>
because it's fucking 13 years old
>>
>>382675918
it's because it 15 fucking years old and any modern f2p MMORPG does basics betters
>>
>>382682528
WoW still has the best movement and it's the most buttery smooth hotkey combat system, that's why I can't get into other MMOs for too long even though they might do other things better
>>
>>382682716
>the most buttery smooth hotkey combat system
i.e. the most polished turd
>>
>>382682716
FFXIV comes pretty close. The movement and lack of feeling in control of my character in general has put me off of lots of MMOs but FFXIV actually does feel a lot like WoW in that regard.

Pleanty of other problems with it though
>>
>>382683139
Why are you in an mmo thread if you don't like games with hot key combat?
>>
>>382683286
because they are irrelevant to MMORPGs in 2017
>>
>>382683404
Posting extremely false statements doesn't make you less retarded
>>
>>382683694
You seriously believe anyone gives a fuck about tab based MMORPGs in 2017?
>>
>>382683820

Naw, only about shitposting :^)
>>
>>382683820
I'm saying that complaining about hot key combat in a hot key combat game is retarded
>>
Only so long you can play a game before you get tired of it. Make a WoW 2 or make WoW F2P and I would come back just to play it as a casual time sink. Lord knows they wont make another RTS out of it.
>>
>>382684774
>make wow F2P
it is idiot. use gold.
>>
>>382684774
>Wow 2
People say this all the time and I never understand it. What do they think it would be? How would be be any different to a new expansion? Or do they just want an art style with more bloom and anime characters?
>>
>>382685115
They probably want an engine that wasnt outdated duck-taped garbage 13 years ago. among other things.
>>
>>382685115
New engine, world reset and better story.
>>
>TFW ilvl 899 and can't find Mythic groups or guild for raiding
>>
>>382685243
>>382685328
What's wrong with the current engine? Sure it's old but it's not like it's stopping them from doing anything they set their minds to and it doesn't effect the player at all
>>
>>382685063
>its easy, just grin-
Youve lost me, Im not interested in grinding, I want to pick up and drop the game whenever, not make sure I log in every day and do a checklist of chores to make sure I can play the game next month
>>
>>382685115
Getting armor thats literally not fucking bodypaint would be nice.
>>
>>382675918
because it's fucking ancient
the fact that it retained relevance for so long is incredible. I can't think of a single game that accomplished what wow accomplished.
>>
>>382675918
I think the real reason it's dying is because of its community

You're either a hyper autist or a casual that is borderline retarded when it comes to gaming. Guilds always go one way or another
>>
You are fucking dumb if you think WoW will ever really die. Everquest has been around forever and it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>382685718
You don't have to grind. You make enough for a sub just by doing world quests that you'll be doing anyway and doing order hall missions.

I haven't actively farmed for a sub token all xpac
>>
>>382685718
ive been playing for two expansions nearly on just gold, i don't grind unless you count doing some old raids for random transmog shit whenever i get the itch.

Games F2P. Just do that thing you dread so much: play it.
>>
>>382685991
>>382686054
Im skeptical to how true this is, I havent played properly since BC, and last I played. Meaning I dont have any characters at cap.
>>
>>382685536
Devs have said time and time again they would like to go down to 2 DPS specs for pure dps classes and the split to 3 specs is diluting them.

Then theres stuff like character armor being painted on and any sort of mobility abilities being super wonky and spaghetti coded in.
>>
>>382685850
They can and do have have non-mesh armor. They're just lazy
>>
File: 1497231600437.jpg (63KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497231600437.jpg
63KB, 1024x1024px
1. The game is very old and despite new expansions its still the same game. That is now more of a negative than a positive.

2. Legion (and WoD) are structured in a way that encourages micromanagement with the follower systems. There is a lot in the expansion that is made to be incremental increases and small progressions. When you're playing this makes you not want to stop. When you're not playing anymore it makes you not want to get back invested in it.

Legion was a very good expansion mostly. Maybe even they realized the writing is on the wall and the basic way the game plays and functions is just too fucken old. They are clearly closing up loose ends in the lore and winding this bitch down.
>>
>>382675918

It won't die because at least 1 million dead-eyed shitlords buy it and every expansion in the hopes that it'll restore WoW to its former glory. Every the shittiest korean MMO beats out WoW at this point and for whatever reason WoW still attracts a legion of stockholm syndrome fuckwits who love to bring everything down to WoW's level just to say "look all MMOs are bad" as if it wasn't WoW's fault the genre stagnated and offed itself to begin with.
>>
>>382677673
blizzard killed it by killing arthas
>>
I guess the community got shattered when they started pleasing everybody. But i have to say that they did good job keeping it half-alive this far, WoW is some weird Frankenstein monster with different gameplay decisions slapped in every expansion, which works somehow. Of course it also brings tons of problems which they can't really get rid of.

Only way to remove those problems is to start over, and people who are playing are just too invested in the game, so there's probably never going to be WoW 2. MMOs aren't really that popular anymore anyway.
>>
>>382686336
Well you can pay your sub with gold, it was super trivial up until blizzard fucked everyone to do so.

Now its 100k~ a month in gold to do so. Which isn't too impossible to get but not really doable super casually like it was
>>
>>382678529
The move of Jay "fuck that loser" Wilson to WoW was the coup de grâce for it. It had been slowly rotting away but when this motherfucker moved over all was lost.
>>
Tried to play it a month ago.
My god.

What an awful fucking experience.
How did anyone ever enjoy this.

WoW has aged so poorly. Blows my fucking mind what we used to consider good.

Literally no reason to play WoW these days when you have the likes of FFXIV.
For the record, I don't play FFXIV either. (anymore.)

Just saying.
Damn.
Terrible MMO. Christ.
>gnome starting zone
>NOPE
>NOPE
>NOPE

I'm out.
>>
>>382677673
Cata killed it anon

fucking catababies need to die
>>
>>382685461
>not just farming gold
what are you doing
>>
>>382682234
This anon gets it.
>>
>>382686449
Find me a single chestpiece in the game thats not bodypaint.

They literally said its impossible in their engine to have normal chestpieces. Shoulders, legs, helms sure but the main goddamn piece of armor visually will always be painted on.
>>
File: AMPYBI9.png (361KB, 540x254px) Image search: [Google]
AMPYBI9.png
361KB, 540x254px
>>382675918
i think i made that ashbringer sword way too small
>>
>>382685115
WoW is past the point of no return. It doesn't matter how many expansions they churn out, the game won't go back to how it was. A proper sequel, if done right, could bring some fresh air into the game. As of now, expansions are just bandaid fixes, and are slowly making the game worse. A lot of people complain about how the player characters are too important, like being a general and being buddy buddy with the top faction leaders. If everyone got reset with a sequel, it might bring some of that magic of just being an adventurer out in the world again.
>>
File: 1497592857337.gif (1MB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497592857337.gif
1MB, 320x265px
>>382686448
>2 DPS specs for pure dps classes and the split to 3 specs is diluting them.
what in the fuck
>>
They reduced most classes to basic-bitch bullshit and relegated all the neat and unique tools to their three or so favorites.
>>
>>382675918
12 years old. They need to go back to STR warcraft
>>
>>382675918
Warforge/Titanforge is what I blame.

>raid weekly
>pushing hard content despite gear but still clearing a good amount
>friend that only does heroics/WQs has more 900+ peices than I do purely from TF/WF and the overpowered pvp bits

WF/TF is fine for early gearing, and being a RNG chance to boost you up to raid levels with fewer bits, but once you can replace mythic gear with lucky heroic gear it feels pointless.

I'm 8/9 heroic and only got one heroic drop, WQ friend got TWO 910 items this week from normal mythics.
>>
>>382676152
i think a majority of people who say there is nothing else to do haven't actually done a lot of the side content the game has to offer.
>>
File: 1491432621314.png (5KB, 104x89px) Image search: [Google]
1491432621314.png
5KB, 104x89px
>>382686870
>mages still have bloodlust, despite all the other utility they have
hmmmm...
>>
>>382686842
Welcome to World of Hybrids: We Can't Make Diverse Toolkits Anymore so Make Everything Hybrid

Did you not see how terrifically they managed to fuck EVERY SPEC of Warlock and Hunter, and after a few nerfs Rogue too?
>>
They still runs it on the same engine?
>>
>>382685461
Get better gear faggot.

You can get well over 900 without setting foot in a single raid.

Two legendaries and your weapon with all nethershard gear will put you at 900 even if you dont get a single piece of titanforged loot.

>>382686842
Worded that poorly. According to the devs if pure DPS classes had only 2 different specs instead of 3 like Mage/Hunter/Warlock have now they would be more fleshed out and better balanced. Instead in the pursuit to try and make 3 different specs that all do the same thing for each pure dps classes you end up with them cannibalizing each others abilities.
>>
>>382687109
the thing is why would you do it
the only thing you need to do now is farm gold, why do you want gear, why do you want to raids/instances? they fucked it up with token being blizz money
>>
WoW pretty much started with Diablo elements. Itemization was so backwards that you could raid in greens of the right animal, as proven by private servers. It's not like resist gear gave a lot of stats either.

>>382685850
>>382686792
New pieces of armor are all 3d models, unless they're meant to be flat. They have objects with physics hanging off some too.
>>
>>382687253
All the old content needs to remain in tact, so they can't really change the engine without having to remake most of the early game.
>>
>>382686643

>only 100k

Wow you NA faggots sure do bitch about nothing.

>tfw EU tokens are 230k+ and the gold gain is the same.

Cunts.
>>
>>382682234
mommy might pay for your sub and all the tendies you need in your basement hovel but some of us have actual obligations outside of playing mmos for 14 hours a day. poopsocking garbage was allowed when youre a 16 year old on summer break, but 16 year olds dont play wow anymore.
>>
>>382687109
>a lot of the side content the game has to offer
God awful pet battle dungeons even people who LIKE to pet battle fucking hate?

Fishing?

Legitimately dont get what side content you seem to claim exists people aren't doing.
>>
File: classic-ss8-large.jpg (131KB, 704x398px) Image search: [Google]
classic-ss8-large.jpg
131KB, 704x398px
>YOu'll never raid at 800x600 ever again
>You'l never have bants on vent
>You'll never be inspected in Ironforge for your epic gear again and be surrounded by noobs
>You'll never actually meet a new player again and take them under your wing ''No need to pay me 10 copper, just be kind to others, friend.
>You'll never get your first helm then shoulder piece then long cape
>>
>>382677673
>friendly reminder that BC added the option for casuals to get gear if they grind long enough
>>
>want nothing more than for Ghostcrawler to leave WoW
>he finally does
>Jay Wilson takes his place

We really monkey paw'd the fuck out of this one, boys.
>>
>people in guild complaining that Enginmatic is too hard

Guess I know who to leave off the raid team.
>>
>>382687463
130k now and only raising because overwatch and hearthstone niggers.
>>
>>382687109
I'll agree that there's more to do than ever in Legion, the problem is that you're doing all this shit with training wheels class kits that underperform unless you're an FoTM dicksucker (not that you can notice since it's piss-easy until the top end shit) and boring NPCs that try to force connections with you for the sake of feels.
>>
>>382687382
you do it for fun? if you are at the point where you are only playing to grind gold for tokens, and not actually enjoying any of the content, you should probably take a break.

>>382687578
yes, pet battles and secondary professions are some of the content included in things people don't do. people just pretend it doesn't exist and never try them out, then complain after they ignore a lot of content.
>>
>>382686454
I would be apt to agree with you if it were not for the fact with all the lose ends and other lore tidbits they finishing they just opened up more story leads that they seem to be pursing they are not winding down they will milk the fuck outta this cash cow until there is nothing left because even at its lowest point 1-2mil subs thats alot of monthly income plus all the other shit stuff u can buy blizz will be around for awhile
>>
File: Untitled.png (291KB, 851x456px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
291KB, 851x456px
should i do it?

i didn't even get an email so i don't know what the time limit for this promotion is, i just knew about it because a friend boasted about blizzard trying to get him hooked with a 7 day free dose again
although if any other anon got the email it would be appreciated if you could tell me how long i can delay this for
>>
File: panda wife.jpg (874KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
panda wife.jpg
874KB, 1200x1600px
Why do you still play this game?
Just uninstall it and move on.
It's never going to get better. It's never going to be like it used to be, not even the Cata/MoP era.
>>
>>382687427
http://www.wowhead.com/item=147067/wave-hammered-breastplate&bonus=3561:1482#modelviewer:1+0

Faggot here is literally a chest piece from the latest raid.

They literally cannot do anything but bodypaint for chest pieces in their engine.
>>
>>382688137

Just go on moonguard and get totalrp for a addon

the shit you can read in goldshire is hilarious
>>
>>382683820
Its a style of combat, of course people care about it you mong. It's like saying turn based or isometric RPGs are irrelevant and shouldn't be made anymore.
>>
>>382687493
Then go fuck right off, normie faggot. WoW was our home, we used to ecape the real world in here. Back in the golden era I wasa fucking God on my server. I walked around Stormwind in Purples and my rare mount and had noobs following me everywhere.

Now it's just pathetic shit. It should take newbies months if not years of hardcore grinding to be able to do endgame bosses. Now they can boost to 100 and start raiding in a day or two. Fuck you shitface.
>>
>>382677330
Tell them only that the Lich King is dead...and that World of Warcraft died with him.
>>
>>382676152
Erotic Roleplay
>>
>>382687897
Fuck off. Pet battles and fishing aren't content you blizzard drone
>>
>>382675918
>Diablo elements.
I haven't played since Cataclysm and I only played a little bit of D3:RoS. What elements do you speak of?
>>
>>382688551
>literal crack addict whinging and tantruming because his crack was made slightly healthier
wow
seek help
>>
>>382686797
Can a human impregnate a Panda?
>>
>>382687845
yea, it's unfortunate legion class kits have been normalized and casualized. at least you can do competitive dps if you play well.
>>
File: 1498156747958.jpg (46KB, 491x581px) Image search: [Google]
1498156747958.jpg
46KB, 491x581px
>Robes still go down to your goddamn feet

Life is suffering.
>>
>>382688748
I dont need a nigger like you telling me how to run my life. I have been alive for 33 years and WoW is my only escape from the horrible life outside.

I play WoW 24/7 almost and have since release.
>>
>>382688887
but then they wouldnt be robes?
>>
>>382686454
I wish they were, but it's been revealed a literally EVEN BIGGER BIGGERER ANCIENT EVIL HAS AWOKEN in the void.
>>
>>382688686
they are content, with quests, currencies, achievements, and goals of their own. how do you define content in wow then?
>>
>>382688919
who pays your bills dude
>>
>>382688551
youd feel less of a need to spend time in a fantasy world 24/7 if you improved whatever shitty situation youre currently in. i dont have to know what it is, you want to spend so much time playing mmos that it takes weeks to level up such that its obvious youve got some big problems youre trying to escape. these games arent helping you dude, theyre making your life worse.
>>
>>382688551
Kill yourself.

I don't mean jumping off dalaran in the game, I mean IRL. Stay off my game.
>>
>>382688919
Jesus Christ, get help. Did you really think you could spend the rest of your life in a videogame? kek
>>
>>382689103
None of your fucking business, faggot.
>>
>>382689193
FUCK YOU FUCKING SJW COCK SUCKING FAGGOT NIGGER LOVER. I DONT AHVE TO FUCKING LISTEN TO YOU. I HAVE A LIFE IN-GAME, I HAVE A G/F IN-GAME WHO SLEEPS WITH ME EVERYDAY, I AM A RAIDER ON EVERY RAID DECKED OUT IN ALL PURPLES. BET YOU AREN'T AS COOL AS ME FAGGOT.
>>
>>382688919
>horrible life
>apparently does not have to pay any bills or work for his money, just gets to play video games 24/7

yeah man sounds rough
>>
>>382688919
I seriously hope you aren't saying that out of pride, if so, you are beyond any type of help and deserve every single hardship that plagues your life if it can be called that.
>>
>>382688919
the outside life is horrible because of your crack faggot, it's not your friend
>>
>>382689370
i'M ON DISABILITY CUNT. I AM DISABLED AND CAN NOT AND WILL NOT WORK. MY MOM BUYS ME GROCERYS AND COOKS FOR ME BUT, THAT'S IT. I LIVE ALONE IN A 1 BEDROOM APARTMENT.
>>
>>382685063
You may not be a shill or a white knight, but you sure are one of those faggots who likes to "hurr durr it's free so long as you meet x condition"

No, retard. There are plenty of BETTER games to play that you can log in to right now and have full access to the game content without opening your wallet. They generally survive on selling cosmetics (you would not believe how much people are willing to shell out for being "unique") or some service that doesn't undermine effort put into the game. There is no reason WoW cannot do the same other than the fact that it's run by greedy jews.

inb4 "hurr durr go play those games then" You're part of what's wrong with WoW
>>
I played since Vanilla launch and I think Legion is roughly 7/10
I like World Quests Mythic + a lot.
I also really loved all if Suramar.

I hate the Legendary system because it shifts endgame from skill to luck depending if you have the right legendaries. Some guilds may discriminate based on such.
>>
>>382689497
>I AM DISABLED
we can see that
>>
>>382689497
>I LIVE ALONE IN A 1 BEDROOM APARTMENT.

Most people do.
Most people work their asses off all day to afford that 1 bedroom room and shitty food that isn't even really cooked.

Your disability can't possibly be so bad that your set up isn't a fairly sweet deal compared to the vast majority of adults.
>>
>>382689497
Being fat isn't an excuse to get on the disability gravy train if you aren't aware already.
>>
File: 1499010310561.gif (884KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1499010310561.gif
884KB, 375x304px
>>382675918

That game came out when I was in highschool, it's very outdated and mechanically archaic at this point.

Time to play a new game, it's community is practically Second Life tier. Full of cripples who can't leave their homes.
>>
>>382689518
Tbf Raiding guilds discriminate based on everything. If you aren't min/maxing and ready to waste hours upon hours raiding you needn't apply..

I was in a top-raiding guild on my server and we booted anyone who didn't min-max.
>>
>>382689683
WHY HAS /V/ BECOME SO FULL OF NORMIES? NIGGER LOVER.
>>
>>382689497

How did you get on disability my schizophrenic sister has been on the waiting list for years. Are you a kike or a nigger?
>>
>>382677330
This is the only correct answer. Everyone else is projecting their bullshit onto it because they each have their own perceived reasons for quitting, disliking or hating the game.
>>
>>382689839
Most of us grew up.
Also working does not make you a normie at all. I still have no friends and no social life, but I work most of the day so I can afford to play shitty 15 year old video games in all my free time.
>>
>>382682234
>It required skill and intelligence
>>
>>382689969
MY DAD WORKS FOR THE GOVERNMENT. HE GOT ME ON WHILE I WAS YOUNG.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 2169x896px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 2169x896px
>>382688992
SARGEARAS DINDU NUFFIN

HE WUZ A GOOD BOI, GOIN TO SUNDAY SCHOOL ERRY DAI

WE MO MONIES FO MO PROGRMS TO KEEP VOIDLORDS FROM CORRUPTING OUR TITANS

DAS RIGH DAS RIGH
>>
>>382690038
IM GUNNA FUCKING BEAT YOUR SKULL IN WITH A N AXE YOU FUCKING COCK SUCKING NIGGER BREATH SMELLING JEW NOSE HVING LEAF DICKED KIKE. DONT YOU EVER FUCKING TALK TO ME LIEK TAHT OR IM GUNNA FUCKING RAPE YOU FAGGOT. FUCK YOU NIOGGER FUCK YOU I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I AM SO MAD AT YOU NOW
>>
Because the game lost
>a tight-knit community with friendships and guild drama, yes guild drama
>a feeling of mystery and discovery
>oldschool RPG elements
and yes diabloesque elements ruined it, too
>>
File: not real.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
not real.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
>>382690095
w-what
is that sargeras?
>>
The focus just switched from mmo to facebook singleplayer game
>>
Wow comes for Alice 13veurodollars a month but how much blizerd gets from that amount? Can't they lower the price to half now that the game is so shit n old? That would be' a great incentive to keep playin..
>>
>>382686483
its nostalgia that brings back people to this game. they all leave after two months max just to resub in the next expansion
>>
>>382690229
Yeah you fight him at the end of the next raid. We kill Sargeras.
>>
>>382690095
You've gotta be shitting me, is that the big bad?
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 2226x1012px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2226x1012px
>>382690229
Nah Sargeras is dead.

Didn't you know? They retconned the lore that hes been dead the whole time!

The other titans are back maybe
>>
>>382690389
No, retard.
>>
File: 1405902938268.jpg (703KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1405902938268.jpg
703KB, 1800x1000px
>Hybrid Tax in Vanilla was a failure
>Hybrid Tax in TBC was perfect, Tank / Healer specs competitive with DPS specs bringing raid utility to make up for less DPS
>Hybrid Tax in all forms removed, there is no downside to playing Paladin or Druid
>DH (free lvl 100), Druid, and Paladin always top 3 played now with huntard bots taking 4th
>Legion introduces a Pure DPS class tax via AK / AP and Legendary system

Was this intended? DPS already are a dime a dozen dealing with hour long queues and shit so why tax them?

If Blizzard nerfs your raid spec randomly and suddenly you need to switch to another, you have to work your ass off on the AP, Relic slots, and Legendary front to be competitive.
>>
>>382690396
Just when you thought they couldn't rape the lore any more they pull out the roofies.
>>
>>382690396
what the fuck
but wasn't kil'jaeden literally talking with sargeras during the 7.2 patch trailer
>>
>>382688992
Well to be fair to that. That even biggererer ancient evil was always in the Lore. Its what made Sargeras go all edgelord and kill everybody in the first place.

So at least its not totally asspulled. Unless this new one they mentioned is. I havent kept up with the story much lately.
>>
>>382690193
Is it fun pretending to be a disabled aspie and type in all caps? You don't usually see people double down so hard on sock puppets.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1678x1024px
>>382690547
THAT WAS THE GHOST OF SARGERAS

GOD ANON DONT YOU READ THE SHITTY BOOKS THAT NO ONE READS?
>>
>>382687707
Yea. I hate Ghostcrawler for his "bring the player" excuses for gutting class identity but Jay Wilson is a fucking clown and is only still employed because he's been around forever
>>
>>382690547
Sargeras ain't dead dum-dum. Nor are we fighting him.
>>
>>382690547
That was his spirit that's been around since always, and spoke in the game back in Wrath. Do you literally know nothing about the game and are pretending to be shocked at common knowledge?
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 3209x939px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 3209x939px
Punished Varimathras

A man denied
>>
If we kill demons on Argus, do they die forever?
Or does Argus not count as the nether?
>>
File: Aggramar.png (2MB, 2023x842px) Image search: [Google]
Aggramar.png
2MB, 2023x842px
>>382690547
Anon what part about Sargeras being a GOOD BOY WHO DIDNU NUFFIN dont you get?
>>
File: the only good mage.jpg (63KB, 363x636px) Image search: [Google]
the only good mage.jpg
63KB, 363x636px
>>382687158
>>all the other utility they have
>can poly just like a shaman, where hex>poly
>can bl like a shaman
>can slow, just like any other class
>can frost nova where any root>frost nova (only redeeming factor is the crit bonus, but offers no team utility)
>can teleport where shadowstep/DH>blink (it's also easily countered, it's a waste of gcd)
>can run fast where any other speed booster>mage speed buff
>can turn invul where divine shield>ice block
>can turn invisible where vanish>invisibility
>can make food lmao
mages are just little sluts trying to get by with opening portals, but even there they are failing miserably due to the freely available portals everywhere
they drop on their knees, beg you to make use of them so they can justify their existence
>>
>>382690193
even a tiny improvement in your life rn would make you feel a lot better dude. the way youre responding to people isnt healthy and im sure you dont feel good about yourself for playing an mmo 24/7 even if you wont admit it.

>>382690647
dont think you know what a sock puppet is considering we're on an anonymous forum.
>>
>>382690815
>>382690817
i'm getting mixed signals here
>>
>>382690919
They do.
>>
>>382688686
It is content, it's just content a slack ass like you won't do.
>>
File: WE WUZ WINDCHIMEZ N SHEET.png (2MB, 2351x910px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ WINDCHIMEZ N SHEET.png
2MB, 2351x910px
>>382690919
Its "supposed" to be in the nether so they SHOULD die for real.
>>
>>382688783
The only way to find out is to try
>>
>>382675918
>age is starting to show
>same shit every patch, here's a new overtuned raid, oh someone managed to beat it on mythic, now it'll be made easier for everyone
>grind this and that
>no more social interaction, dungeon finder was the beginning of the end back in wotlk
>story just turned to garbage
>new armor tiers can only look "more badass" for so long

It's just old and tired now and everyone who was cool stopped playing ages ago, only chinks and soccermoms left.

All the fuckery they did to talents and specs in every new xpac didn't help much either
>>
>>382691007
>>382691045

Thanks. I'm a huge lorefag but after they made the whole 'Demons can only die in the nether' shit I stopped keeping up.
>>
What should I play? WW Monk, Shadow Priest or DK?
>>
>>382690971
Sargeras let himself be killed so he could possess Medivh. Khadgar and friends killed Medivh, so he was set free. After that he's hanging out in the Twisting Nether yelling at people when they fail him.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 2544x862px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 2544x862px
OUR GUYS are back but corrupted this time

>>382691190
That recton bullshit was just because they were literally too lazy to make new characters.
>Oh shit lets just bring back the same Eredar back like 5 times
>>
>>382675918
Meanwhile I can't login to FFXIV because of a 1400 player queue.
>>
>>382691282
Shadow Priest or Warrior.
>>
File: epicdude.jpg (24KB, 247x245px) Image search: [Google]
epicdude.jpg
24KB, 247x245px
>>382691282
WW Monk is the most enjoyable melee class to play in the game.
>>
>>382691297
>OUR GUYS are back but corrupted this time
i guess that shit they were doing in blade's edge mountains actually went somewhere
>>
>>382680492
>Legion isn't what WoW used to be, but I still like it just as much
This. The game has changed so much from when I started playing in BC but it's still a lot of fun. Especially with friends
>>
File: Alleria.png (2MB, 1677x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Alleria.png
2MB, 1677x1068px
Dumb chick whose bow we stole is finally back
>>
>>382691420
What makes them fun?
>>
>>382688551
This post is the reason MMORPGs are a fucking mistake because he's right.

The whole genre is rife with participation awards to make the audience big enough for the game to even function, but there's zero satisfaction to be had in playing as a result.

WoW killed these games forever, but the direction they went in was inevitable anyway.
>>
File: void alleria.jpg (343KB, 3286x920px) Image search: [Google]
void alleria.jpg
343KB, 3286x920px
>>382691559
and she is a bad guy
>>
>>382691559
Her brother in law died a sudden and off-screen death, which, to this day few people remember despite him getting a statue.
>>
>>382691390

FFXIV just has more passion put in. Anyone who wants a themepark MMO should be playing that. Just compare Xavius to Shinryu, there's no comparison. WoW is an empty dead husk of a game.
>>
>>382691420
>about 50% of your rotation is spent waiting
epic ruse my dude can't wait until anon falls for it
>>
File: Turalyon.png (3MB, 2034x998px) Image search: [Google]
Turalyon.png
3MB, 2034x998px
>>382691712
Id be nice if there was a
>Your sister turned into a turbocunt undead monster moment
But Blizzard is so fucking lazy that I doubt we will get it.

Illadin has LITERALLY been alive for 6 months now and we have yet to get a single piece of dialogue with him and his brother or Tyrande.
>>
>>382682234
>and PHYSICALLY find a group

you're making the act of spamming "need 2 more for Grognard's Cave" in chat seem harder than it is
>>
File: urzul.gif (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
urzul.gif
2MB, 600x338px
>>382691559
>>382691698
good
around elves watch yourselves
>>
>>382691696
do you really think youre on the right side when you're literally advocating for devs to waste as much of the players time as possible so you can feel like you've "worked for something"? you dont need to pay blizzard $15 a month so you can do artificial work. this is crazy, but people will actually pay YOU to do work for them.
>>
File: 1497427160286.jpg (165KB, 599x421px) Image search: [Google]
1497427160286.jpg
165KB, 599x421px
>>382691698
>more corruption
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>382691723
Kind of a weird difference between the two is how they handle the story/bosses

In WoW, your weapon is 10x more famous than you are. Lore will be "Illidan plus 20 fags with godlike weapons killed Gul'dan/Sargeras/Void lords/the next big bad

In FFXIV, you are the Warrior of Light. Everyone hops on your dick, and the lore is "So the Warrior of Light and 7 other total fag friends of his killed fucking everything"
>>
>>382688551
>>382691696
if i wanted to feel accomplished i'd put down the videogames and go fucking build a table or some shit
fuck off insecure NEETs
>>
>>382688551

baiting aside, it's sad that there are actual people out there that think like this
>>
>that feel when no melee staff wielder
I want to wack enemies over the head with a staff. Inb4 Monk, Staff got cucked over to BM.
>>
>>382691390
that's because your shitty "massive" multiplayer game can't handle more than 300 people in one zone
>>
>>382692228
Stormblood making fun of the "7 of your random friends" part made me laugh
>WoL you will have to defeat the primal alone unless you can find some of your many adventurer buddies
>What are the odds he has a bunch of friends who happen to be on a fishing trip to Doma?
>>
>>382692228
this obsession wow players have with being nameless bit players in a fucking fictional story baffles me. you're willing to accept that you can kill superpowerful legendary enemies over and over for loots but its unrealistic for everyone to be a hero.
>>
>>382692428
at least our game has 300 players, blizzdrone
>>
>>382692228

WoW captured the feeling of adventuring pretty well early on but eventually that sort of footnote-level story-telling grates on my nerves. It's not so much that I want to be a hero but more that the game refuses to actually acknowledge you beyond being that foot soldier you brought along in your W3 campaigns.

FFXIV dick sucking is inane sometimes, but being an MMO, what else can they really do.
>>
>>382692628
It's because of the lore, to be a mercenary is to not actually be implanted in the lore at all and have the big names continue their story. To ingrain yourself as the leader of anything is to add yourself to the lore, this it starts to become difficult of writing a proper and cohesive story.
>>
File: 8K0FGSQ.jpg (510KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
8K0FGSQ.jpg
510KB, 2000x2000px
>>382675918
Because the game was always mediocre and only grew in size because of its extreme mainstream appeal and colossal marketing machine closer to games like Farmville and Clash of Clans than a typical MMO.
>>
>>382692754
To be fair they get pretty self aware with it during Heavenshill and Stormblood

DRK's 30-50 storyline is hands down the best storytelling in the game
>>
>>382692628
It's even more unrealistic when everyone is walking around with a weapon that can fucking rip apart the fabric of space and time.

>Who's that guy walking around with the Ashbringer
>"I dunno, some fag"
>>
WoW is dying because the number of people turning into adults and moving on from the game is higher then the number of younger people getting into the game.

The correct answer to every "why is X dying".
>>
File: 1462732798627.jpg (39KB, 376x334px) Image search: [Google]
1462732798627.jpg
39KB, 376x334px
>>382691390
I just cannot like these games because of the way they look
>every male character is a twink
>every female character is a miqote and made the exact same character
>everyone looks the fucking same
>feels like Im playing a korean MMO
I just cant.
>>
>>382692068
>>382692276
You two misunderstand. I don't play MMORPGs because they're garbage. They weren't at first, but they are now. I don't see why anyone would want to spend any time playing something completely mind-numbing. I play games to be challenged, not to watch numbers increase as I run through the motions.
>>
>>382692068
Just because you're working towards a tough goal doesn't mean it's literally work. The satisfaction with accomplishing something very difficult in game was a reward in its own right back in my day.
>>
>Argus would have made a monotonous setting for an expansion. It's an awesome place, but is a husk of a world that has been destroyed by the Legion. It isn't a place where we can have a bright and happy zone or civilizations that are flourishing and interesting to interact with.
i didn't knew wow was about happy-go-always shit
>>
>>382692987
>I looked at 5 screenshots on Google imagesearch, this is my opinion on the game
>>
Opinions on Monk?
>>
>>382693068
The more you know.
>>
>>382692915
The only people who bring up ashbringer are retards. Itself isnt very notable outside of who wielded it.

Now you running around with LITERALLY FROSTMOURNE REFORGED on the other hand.
>>
File: themeparks.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
themeparks.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382691723
>Just compare Xavius to Shinryu
Alright I did.
Now what?
>>
>>382693068
Having another expansion centered around green fire and demons would actually be fucking annoying. Fuck WoD and fuck Legion.
>>
>>382692914

The 60-70 does a pretty good job too of solidifying the WoL's character as well. Shame it'll never really enter the MSQ but its a fresh thing to see in an MMO that's actually seriously addressed in a questline. Not like the "haha nudge xd us gamers" shit they pull where an NPC references how a godslayer is going common chores. Woah, haven't seen that wacky observation in an MMO before.
>>
>>382693163
Great if you're not a mistweaver.
>>
File: RavenMount_01.jpg (58KB, 550x399px) Image search: [Google]
RavenMount_01.jpg
58KB, 550x399px
Because the game is about loot empowerment, and the D-Team refuses to admit it.
>>
>>382693246
As someone who doesn't play MMOs, those look the same.
>>
>>382693068
I wasn't aware we had a interesting or flourishing civilization in Legion.

Last I checked we just had some of the most digusting theme park zones of nothing interesting in them.
>>
>>382693016
put down your child's toy, go outside, and learn the true meaning of "being challenge" you shut-in
>>
>>382693296
just because your little tiny brain can't think of anything other than fire on argus doesn't mean everyone is like you
>a whole planet turned into a shitty zone
guess you are the retard that thinks emerald dream would have been "all green plants and unicorns"
>>
>>382693039
>The satisfaction with accomplishing something very difficult in game was a reward in its own right back in my day.
I've been playing games since the 80's and I still don't really side with this mentality. Most people I knew did it for fun, not because they want to masochistically play for hours on end, working their butts off for one moment of satisfaction. Only obsessed people did that. I kind of hate that some of you like to try to paint this picture that your types were the norm when it came to gaming back in the day, because that's just not true.
>>
File: skain2_by_marwac-d9drqtf.jpg (111KB, 1069x748px) Image search: [Google]
skain2_by_marwac-d9drqtf.jpg
111KB, 1069x748px
People are saying wow is dying for the wrong reasons. They're fucking autistic and don't know shit. People are saying vanilla was hard and BC was gods gift to the world, it wasn't. BC shit all over pvp with faggy arenas. Vanilla was a steaming pile of shit in so many ways.

Wow legion is dying because of these reasons

> Legendaries are mandatory to be useful in any type of raiding.
> Titanforging & warforging are making lfr even more lucrative
> Inflated economies and craftable legendaries are ruining the value of gold
> You're no longer a nobody adventurer but the fucking messiah sent to save azeroth
> Illidan is back because lol
> DH are a thing
> went from an appeasing art design to Lol/dota inspired shit
> Stories are half assed piles of shit that got shoe-horned in pretty pathetically
> Artifact power grinding turned the game into another job
> World quests are also another job
> RNG
>RNG
>RNG
> Prominent characters are staying in the limelight way too long. Like just fuck off khadgar and illerdan.
> Your artifact weapon feels completely hollow and only allows you like 5 skins
> "New" content patches are just more fucking WQ's
> "Class mounts" are just more fucking reskins
> Flying is a pain in the dick to get, just let me pay for it with gold you fucking faggots.
>>
>>382693246
>End game raiding in MMO's looks like end game Excel spread sheets with a bunch of color

Fuck that
>>
>>382693462
Since when do you care about the norm on /v/?
>>
>>382693246

>5s clips with no sound or actual mechanics is a proper comparison

Nien.
>>
>>382693296
WoD just had the one region.
>>
>>382693614
>Titanforging & warforging are making lfr even more lucrative
>RNG
These are the only real reasons.

Titanforging killed the game.
>>
>>382693116
Implying. Are you telling me the male characters all dont look like twinks because I know for a fact thats a lie, and that everyone doesnt play as the same looking waifu characters? Because thats also a lie. You cannot make a character that looks older that 16 and actually has a jaw and doesnt look like a gay pornstar.
>>
>>382693246
i have no idea what i'm looking at
>>
>>382693614
People have been complaining as hard as you are since fucking beta. The game is dying because even the most popular games trend downwards at some point and it's less to do with x,y,z and more to do with the fact that people get sick and tired of playing the same shit over and over again and they move on with their lives after a while.
>>
>>382693645
I just picked two random parts of both fights.
I don't know how much fairer I can compare them.

You can see most of what's important in 5 seconds.
>>
>>382693068
I think it's more that they'd want some variety. An entire expansion based around the Legions homeworld would be visually boring. At least the broken isles had a good amount of variety, but it would probably be a lot harder to make a bunch of varied zones in Argus. I'm already sick of green tinted Legion zones, so it's probably good that they're not basing an expansion there.
I just want the next expansion to be good again.
>>
>>382693246
>>382692914

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAHFZR0D9ss

FFXIV just does a better job of instilling the idea that you are the hero. Better music, presentation, doesn't look like a decade old game.
>>
HURR DURR MEME GAME

OP IS A FAG
>>
>>382693752
If titanforging was so impactful then most people would be done with the raid instead of struggling on normal. The average player only manages to complete hard encounters are after many nerfs months later. Gear and item level has never been that important. People have been saying that even before gear score.
>>
>>382693246
Man, raiding in modern MMOs is so lame.
>>
>>382694036
The fuck does the music have to do with the gameplay?
Yeah it's nice but honestly what does it matter?
>>
>>382675918
WoW infected Diablo
>>
Because they kept changing shit when they said they wouldn't do it.
And they always have a clear favorite class for each expansion which is just infuriating having to compete.

Fuck blizzard and fuck Druids.
>>
>>382692770
why do you not want to be part of the lore? thats the whole point of moving an existing series to an mmo, so that you the player can be a part of it. why do you want to be a nameless bit player in a fantasy world made for YOU
>>
wonder how much money ffxiv devs are paying these shills to shit up every warcraft thread that dares appear on this board
>>
>>382690498
Hybrid tax wasn't even that bad in vanilla.a It was perfect in TBC though. All specs were viable and a good Druids would swap form tanking to healing to melee dps on the fly.
>>
>>382694229
>you are this retard who killed deathwing with those others 19 retards
>now go kill bears for me
>>
>>382691723
Shinryu is fucking easy
>>
>>382693462
I definitely wouldn't say that mentality was the norm in general gaming back in the day, but it DEFINITELY was the norm back in the UO, DAOC, EQ days for the people playing those games "seriously."
>>
>>382694124

>Modern MMO gamers

Sorry I interrupted your spreadsheets.
>>
>>382694036
WoW looks a lot better than it did when it first came out. Not only a graphical overhaul but new animations. You're an idiot to say otherwise.
>>
>>382694346
>conveniently doesn't mention the leaders of each dragonflight pouring their entire power into some shitty relic
epic
>>
>>382694395
In all honesty what's the point of playing MMOs anymore.
>>
>>382694395
every game can be boiled down to spreadsheets you fucking moron
>>
>>382694483
sorry i'm paying a sub i dont waste time reading or watching cutscenes on a mmorpg , i don't know what you are talking about
>>
>>382694301

>75% of the thread shits on WoW without talking about FFXIV

If it isn't a "talk about what went wrong with WoW" thread, it would have died in 150 posts. No one cares about WoW.
>>
>>382693462
Fun is derived from learning and overcoming. The more effort that goes in and the observed results yields a better return in terms of feeling rewarded.

Most people don't feel like putting in the effort though, so we're left with low returns that everyone can achieve. Those who like to experience the greater return are shafted.

Does any of that make sense?
>>
>>382694609
It happens during the fight.
>>
File: Ion.png (360KB, 607x555px) Image search: [Google]
Ion.png
360KB, 607x555px
Was he right?
>>
>>382694609
you to be literally blind and deaf to not know this
>>
>>382694730
I'm sorry I ever doubted him.
>>
>>382694685
Damn if only they had scaling difficulties for raids so that the individual could decide how much challenge they want...
>>
>>382694685
I hate the fact due to you have to play with so many people, a good portion of those people refuse to try to get better and just want the encounter to be done.
>>
>>382693016
mmos have literally never been hard and you're confusing effort spent for difficulty. no one but mmo players think this. a game is not hard just because it requires you to do the same thing over and over again. you aren't accomplishing anything except lengthening your addiction to a fucking video game. you are not "hardcore" for spending 80 hours a week playing the very bottom of the barrel when it comes to skilled games, youre a loser.
>>
>>382694395
I'm sorry that your game has so shit gameplay that you need to bring up boss music whenever someone mentions WoW.
>>
File: 1498960339663.png (309KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
1498960339663.png
309KB, 500x468px
it's literally the same game, it's like releasing a remaster every 2-3 years. Also the fact that blizzdrones stay with the game in the last patch of every expansion that lasts a whole year then they can't be saved
>>
>>382694559
There isn't one. You used to play it for the people, but after the normalization of videogames and the internet in ~2007, everyone's either an asshole or some normie that can't give a shit unless he's standing right in front of the other person.
That's why the MMO genre is dead now.
>>
>>382694730
>attunements were too grindy and gated content too much!
>remove them
>add the grindiest fucking system WoW has ever seen into the game and praise it

I can't stop laughing
>>
>>382694036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odX7VBwl7bc
WoW had boss music one time.
>>
>>382694881

>said the MMO with combat about as complex as simon says and just as many buttons

lmeow
>>
>>382694961
I like how every post I have seen that uses this image has been really low effort shitposting.
>>
>>382694865
I agree MMO's have never been mechanically challenging. They do require a great deal of knowledge and prep. or they used to,until attunements got removed and LFR got added.
>>
>>382695025
so does the last boss in return to karazhan

but it doesn't matter because people listen to their own music or the boss dies too quickly or there's too much shit happening to actually be able to pay attention to it
>>
>>382695109
at least our GCD isn't long enough that we can freely shitpost while waiting for it to run its course
>>
>>382695109
Are you typing this while waiting for your GCD?
>>
>>382693039
you are working and you arent doing it towards something meaningful. youre accomplishing something that is only impressive to fellow addicts and actually a negative feat to everyone else. you literally are seeking gratification through sheer effort expended and the fact you dont see anything wrong with arguing in favor of spending literally all your waking time in an mmo. youre not upset because you lost a fun hobby, you're upset because youve lost your favorite method of escapism.
>>
File: jsfidjfidfj.png (116KB, 310x340px) Image search: [Google]
jsfidjfidfj.png
116KB, 310x340px
>>382695113
so you payed about $150 to do the same raid for a year in wod and pandaria? LMAO. Every fucking time they always complain about "hey blizzard we've been on the last patch for 13 months, whens the next xpac"
>>
>>382695337
>>382695430

>said the MMO with DBM telling you what to do, an actual ingame boss guide, and timers on screen for his procs/resource burners

l-lmeow
>>
>>382695451
What is "meaningful"?
>>
>>382695119
attunements only discouraged people from coming back mid-expansion, requiring them to run content the community at large was done running
it also killed larger guilds because they couldn't replace the players that quit

LFR has nothing to do with ruining knowledge and prep. You can thank datamining and the public test realms for that.
>>
>>382690948
are we ignoring the taking turns for #1 dps with rogue?
>>
>>382695489
>DBM

Thank you for reminding me this is a thing. Triggered as fuck
>>
>>382695548
what do you have to show for all this time spent? you got a happyfeel because you spent a shitload of time on something pointless but the skinner box gives you pants with bigger numbers on them so its a REAL GOAL
>>
MMO's are a dead genre. Just like rythm games and RTS.
WoW both fell out of popularity with pop culture and kept trying to change to adapt to new modern audiences every few years.

Overwatch today is what WoW was back during BC/WotLK.
>>
>>382695773
Personal accomplishment.
>>
>>382695550
Attunements gave you, the player, a journey to go on.They gave lore and story context and helped build up to a mjor raid You logged in each day and had something to do that you knew would progress you towards a new raid or heroic dungeon. It felt so fucking good attuning to karazhan and walking in for the first time. I really cna't replicate that feeling in modern WoW.

I honestly don't give a shit about people coming back mid expansion and whining they can't do the most recent tier. Too fucking bad, we shouldn't' give concessions for whiners who flake off anytime they have to commit time to the game.
>>
>>382695831
Turn off the PC, go outside, and actually accomplish something meaningful then.
>>
>>382695906
You can't do both?
>>
>>382695773
Things only have meaning to you if they give you "something to show"?
>>
>>382695886
fuck off, there's no lore or story context in "go fetch a rock from molten core so i can teleport you there instantly"
>>
>>382695934
no because your videogame "accomplishments" are worth less than jack shit
>>
>>382695906
What is it with you faggots telling people to go outside on the video game board. Kill yourself, you anti-social piece of shit.
>>
>>382696121
Why play any challenging game then?
>>
>>382695119
they dont require a ton of knowledge or prep. keeping a wiki page open and running a timer if you need to while you play does not constitute significant prep and knowledge.
>>
>>382696015
>cherry picking

How about
>this door has a complex lock on it.
>There's a guy out in Shadowmoon Valley who has the mold to the key.
>Get it from him.
>once you do that, bring me some fel iron, some motes of fire, and the flames of a Fel reaver and I'll craft the key for you"
>>
TODDAY I PISSED ON THE CARPET

NICHE MEANINGFUL
>>
File: mmorpgs.jpg (106KB, 411x667px) Image search: [Google]
mmorpgs.jpg
106KB, 411x667px
>>382675918
FFXIV is taking over
>>
>>382695451
Nigga i'm not that autistic sperg raging about wow, and I'm not "upset" about anything. Shit i'm playing an mmo right now
>>
>>382696290
>a wiki page isn't knowledge
wew lad
>>
>>382696456
>reviews
lol what's next, twitch viewers?
>>
>>382686797
>i think i made that ashbringer sword way too small

They don't seem it, but Pandarens are pretty fucking big.
>>
>>382677330
10/10 bait, WOTLK was trash.
>>
i PLAY BENIS VS KNIFE YEEEHHA
>>
>>382696362
That has absolutely no lore to it either. It's LITERALLY just a fucking "go fetch bear asses" tier quest.
>>
File: 1497591079997.webm (3MB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
1497591079997.webm
3MB, 640x358px
>>382693641
Nah it ain't all like that dawg.
>>
File: 20151103103157a0e8riolw3xsjhay.jpg (19KB, 640x222px) Image search: [Google]
20151103103157a0e8riolw3xsjhay.jpg
19KB, 640x222px
>>382696652
>it's a retard tries to argue against stone cold facts episode
lmao
>>
I AM LOONELLY
>>
File: 1495755670977.jpg (69KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
1495755670977.jpg
69KB, 938x477px
>>382687651
>>You'll never get your first helm then shoulder piece then long cape
>>
>>382696682
>WAHH I HAVE TO DO A THING FIRST TO SLAY THE NEWEST DRAGON. FUCKING GRINDY DUMB SHIT!!1!!

Jesus fucking christ nu-Wow fags are cancer. If you aint being teleported to the newest retard easy raid tier you won't play. Nice world that WORLD of Warcraft has there.

Glad this game is fucking dying. Its barely a fucking game at this point
>>
>>382696714
fucking cringe
tell me what game this is so i never play it
>>
>>382675918
Because it caters to casuals which is inherently anti-mmorpg. Casuals are the autistic shit-eating flies of the gaming industry, so even when the game goes to shit many of them continue to buzz around for a extended period of time. It doesn't matter that a high skill ceiling may or may not exist with the mythic raids, the fact that the floor is so low is what makes it unappealing.
>>
>>382695802
>Overwatch today is what WoW was back during BC/WotLK.
you mean FFXIV
>>
>>382696841
>The expansion where growth stopped
>>
i think i farted

badass
>>
>>382696841
>Popularity = Quality

Guess that's why CoD is /v/'s favorite game
>>
>>382696963
i never argued attunements were a bad thing, you illiterate mongrel, i was just calling you out on the bullshit that they added lore
>>
>>382697012
Nobody outside of 4chan talks about XIV. I know, I've tried to discuss it but a lot of people don't even know it exists.
>>
>>382696963
But there are still attunements.
>>
>>382697012
XIV is equivalent to modern WoW.
Meaning, they're both shit.
>>
>>382697012

In terms of player liking it sure, if the 5 threads a day are anything to go by but let's not pretend that any MMO is going to reach WoW's old level of success or saturation anytime soon, not until it dies.
>>
File: 1487958530545.jpg (168KB, 646x656px) Image search: [Google]
1487958530545.jpg
168KB, 646x656px
>>382697135
This. The only games I ever hear people mention outside of 4chan are Minecraft and CoD. 4chan is just full of neet virgin weeb losers with nothing better to do in their lives.
>>
>>382675918
Because the game is so old, babies who were born during beta are already having their first sexual experiences.
>>
File: faqs.jpg (102KB, 655x680px) Image search: [Google]
faqs.jpg
102KB, 655x680px
>>382697135
>Nobody outside of 4chan talks about XIV
meanwhile on gamefaqs.

also compare wow's reddit to ffxiv's reddit. ffxiv has less subs but more "active" players.
>>
>>382697273
>MMOfags
>sexual experiences
good one
>>
File: Lyse.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lyse.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
This is Lyse. Say something nice to her.
>>
>>382686745
>not just farming gold
so you can pay to farm more gold so you can pay to farm more gold
Maybe just get a better pastime
>>
>>382697305
Why would I willingly go to Gamefaqs?
>>
>>382697305
>gamefaqs
if anything this just goes to show how shit your playerbase is
comparing FFXIV and WoW's reddit sub numbers would've been less embarrassing
>>
File: 1494221852126.png (3KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1494221852126.png
3KB, 186x186px
>>382697335
>being this bad at using your brain
>>
>>382694730
But its LITERALLY impossible to max your weapon. It would take over a month of just clicking the power up button.

Think about that, if you had an infinite amount of artifact tokens it would take over 700 hours of just clicking them.
>>
>>382694765
i saw some beams
i never played wow with sound
>>
>>382697242
WoW's 10 million sub popularity was a one time thing. No MMO will ever reach that benchmark.

However, a MMO doesn't need that much to be considered a success to both players and company investors. Just 500k alone is a massive success.
>>
File: Gamefaqs.png (67KB, 765x900px) Image search: [Google]
Gamefaqs.png
67KB, 765x900px
>>382697305
So this is what discussion looks like. Guess /vg/ isn't that bad.
>>
File: 1421725771953.jpg (77KB, 1977x401px) Image search: [Google]
1421725771953.jpg
77KB, 1977x401px
>>382675918
>Why is WoW dying?
>>
>>382675918
Because it hasnt made a single revolutionary gameplay change in 10 years
>>
>>382697534

>he said while discussing video games on a mongolian silk spinning christian imageboard
>>
>>382697305
>gamefaqs

Are we back in 2007 now?
>>
File: reddit.jpg (233KB, 1890x542px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
233KB, 1890x542px
>>382697534
WoW is dying while FFXIV is growing. /v/ is mad at this.
>>
>>382696553
>a wiki page is a great deal of knowledge
you just blow in on the last plane from dumbfuckistan? trump was supposed to keep you people out.
>>
Content Drought. They're not delivering enough.
>>
File: 1429263839623.png (211KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1429263839623.png
211KB, 327x316px
>>382697746
>Unsubscribe
>>
>>382697650
Tripfags and RP's infest literally every MMO chat.

It kinda comes with the territory
>>
>>382697715
there aren't unironic "hey check out my bf's gaming tatoo" posts staying on the front page for a whole day here
>>
File: muh wow.png (631KB, 1644x720px) Image search: [Google]
muh wow.png
631KB, 1644x720px
>>382675918
What ever happened to the whole legacy servers thing between Blizzard and Nostalrius?
>>
>>382675918
>Is it because of the Diablo elements?
Yes. Between the random legendary drops, infinite artifact power grind, and virtually endless mythic+ tiers, WoW feels more aimless than ever and feels like absolute shit progression wise for returning and new players
>>
>>382697273
not him but try reading a post before you respond to it
>>
File: 1496051558106.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1496051558106.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>382698103
Nothing. It was all a ruse to silence the brainless masses that wanted to earn their "dude i played vanilla for REAL" card or find out the hard way what they miss is their childhood, not vanilla.
What else were you expecting?
>>
>>382696841
The only thing subs during an expansion prove are the decency of the previous expansion. WoTLK was when WoW was at its peak in terms of raw popularity (remember the commercials?) and people were willing to put up with all the cut content for the chance at toppling the first real big name boss (because let's face it, Legion's super secret prophecies aside Illidindu was not all that special and got passed over by an entirely more engaging albeit asspulled demon raid), before realizing how much of a cop-out the finish was (it should have been a real-deal war up the steps with the big names of the Alliance and Horde paving the way for you, rather than having autistic fits and bumping elbows with one another).
>>
>>382697638

Yeah it's good enough. It's sort of like that explosive popularity when a genre defining game like Minecraft and more recently that battleground game comes along. In all honesty, Blizzard handled it as well as they could as any other company and if the cash cow keeps going, why would they not take advantage of the soulless 30+ year olds who've played for years. Doesn't matter if the content is good or shit like it is now, they would have leaked players eventually. Why develop another MMO ala. FFXI into FFXIV when the old shit works so well.

FFXIV is still one of the last bastions of b2p MMOs, which honestly is preferable to the f2p p2w korean garbage that infests the genre. Every 6 months there's some hot new korean MMO that prompty gets gutted in some way after launch, like BDO. XIV is looking to survive for a long time, at least until XVIII or something.
>>
>>382675918

shitty fucking devs

pve is bad

dungeons are pointless now

going into the world is pointless

it isnt a mmo now
>>
>>382698103
The Nostalrious devs turned out to be spineless cowards and Nostalrious is now infested with Chinese.
>>
>>382697746
Jesus dude, at least hide the shit on the right
>>
>>382698530
Nostalrius isn't even up anymore lmao. They shut down and ran with everyones donation money.
>>
>>382675918
It's because the game is over a decade old. Oh and they added phone games and shitty artificial time blocks to progress. HOWEVER overall they've actually done a lot to improve the game.
But the fact is, the engine, combined with archaic hot key combat is just not appealing anymore. If they made a wow 2 with action combat and a prettier engine but kept basically everything else the same. People would flock to it
>>
File: 1498964093038.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498964093038.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>382693246
>DBM
>>
File: 1497923102198.jpg (93KB, 755x696px) Image search: [Google]
1497923102198.jpg
93KB, 755x696px
>>382698469
>dungeons are pointless
>haven't played WoW in 5 years the post
>>
>>382697746
>Reddit WoW sub has more people
>Unsubscribe
My neurons are firing.
>>
>>382698851
>WoW has more subs but less active people on it
this is after a new content patch too
>>
>>382698759
I got kicked once for not having DBM.
>>
>>382698103
>Nostalrius releases Vanilla servers
>Everyone pretends they're having a great time to stick it to retailfags, even raiding the retail boards and slapping the name everywhere
>Seeing as how they were blatantly advertising on their forums, Blizzard is made to step up by their jew Activision overlords and make Nost stop
>Desperate to get jobs with Blizzard as professional autists, Nost bends over backwards and shuts down, but also offers their core for anyone wishing to take up the mantle.
>A new Vanilla server opens up using Nost's core, even allowing people who had characters in the original server to keep them, which creates some disparity between already-established Nost players and new people
>Nost is further pressured by Blizzard and further drops its pants for the sake of PR, renegging their core from the new server and removing all the grandfathered characters in the process
>The server replaces its core and moves on
>Now finally free of drama and public scrutiny, the new server is able to grind down to inactivity because very few people actually wanted to only play Vanilla WoW with their current-age perception
>>
File: MMO lifecycle.jpg (819KB, 864x2588px) Image search: [Google]
MMO lifecycle.jpg
819KB, 864x2588px
is this another WoW vs FFXIV thread?
>>
>>382686454

>very good expansion

>AP grind and pointless pve content

>good expansion

the map/zones are the worst they have ever made
>>
>>382697587
Damn Blizzard sure is smart about adding new content for the players.
>>
>>382699116
>le no flying is a bad thing meme
invest in a noose
>>
>>382698759
This gif made me laugh
>>
>>382698969
Oh I know DBM is important now in WoW, but it's weird too because everything in WoW in an artistic and graphical point look chaotic and messy. It's probably why DBM exists besides helping casuals. With XIV you could at least tell what to do even with the harder raid stages and EX's.
>>
>>382699289
XIV has it's own problem of retarded levels of effects everywhere. Dark Knights are fucking retarded last I saw them.
>>
File: 1490296189590.jpg (45KB, 217x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490296189590.jpg
45KB, 217x277px
>>382677330
It peaked in MoP, Wrathbaby.
>>
Reminder that the music in WoW is still kino
>that music that played just before the Alliance set out for the Broken Shore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI4QT59KQYM
>>
>>382699289
Tankbuster mechanic in WoW:
>CASTBAR FLASHES IN YOUR FACE
>DBM ALARM AUDIO AT MAX VOLUME
>BOSS YELLS IN THE CHAT LOG WHILE TANKBUSTER ANIMATION LOOKS LIKE HE'S AUTOATTACKING THE TANK

Tankbuster mechanic in FFXIV:
>Boss begins casting tankbuster then hits you fancy animation
>Sometimes there's no castbar and they just do it, you have to watch their animation
>>
>>382690095

they recycled the titan guy from ToT?

really?

how fucking lazy can you be

>sargeras is supposed to be so big even looking at him would hurt you

wtf
>>
File: ffxiv_03072017_172424.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_03072017_172424.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>382699785
the titan guy from ToT was a reskin of Uldaman's last boss. ULDAMAN.

every single new model in WoW is a reskinned old model, i don't think we've had a single original model since cataclysm except for player races
>>
>>382699694
I fucking love that DPS meters are illegal in FF.
>>
>>382691045

are these faggots literally recycling sunwell and black temple and calling it a raid?
>>
>>382699515
>that woman and children seeing her husband off at the docks, telling him he better come home
>find a charred locket in a pile of ash on an altar during the assault
>bring it back to her in Elwynn
>she recognizes it as his and kills herself
>>
File: 1429152571832.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1429152571832.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
>>382699694
>tfw Akh Morn
Still the best tankbuster in XIV
>>
>>382691698

>evil sylvanas

so they are recycling cata DS dungeons now?
>>
>>382699785
its obviously not sargeras, fuckdick
tons of titans are datamined though, some being friendly and others listed as bosses, so who actually knows.

>>382699982
>>382699987
>similar things look alike
holy fuck someone call the cops
>>
File: 1497367055115.jpg (98KB, 1342x664px) Image search: [Google]
1497367055115.jpg
98KB, 1342x664px
>>382699987
>if it has similar themes it's a recycle
wow i remember killing a murloc in wailing caverns, i guess that means eye of azshara is a recycled dungeon too
>>
How fun is Mage?
>>
File: pre-fall Sargeras.jpg (90KB, 465x540px) Image search: [Google]
pre-fall Sargeras.jpg
90KB, 465x540px
>>382699785
>>382690095
>>382690389
That ain't Sargeras, that is probably Khaz'goroth
>>
File: 1448723826745.jpg (40KB, 580x499px) Image search: [Google]
1448723826745.jpg
40KB, 580x499px
>>382699785
>titans look like titans
HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES
>>
the MMO genre is dying due to stagnation

>WoW sets the standard
>Other MMOs just copy it
>Any MMO that isn't a themepark is pretty much dead in the water
>Occasionally a themepark MMO will emerge and do something new and fun
>WoW promptly absorbs that mechanic into its following expansion, returning us to square one
>>
>>382693068

>monotonous

>more than legion's broken isles
>>
>>382699983
they're not really illegal. they're on a don't ask don't tell policy. the devs have obviously watched the world first raid videos where people have DPS meters and they congratulated them instead of punishing them.

they only take action if you use dps meters to harass people.
>>
>>382693246

I actually remember this

>no interesting mechanics

>just outdps and outheal damage

zzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>382700409
Exactly, it's fucking perfect.

The only people who are punished are the cunts who post their logs into chat and focus more on other peoples DPS than their own.
>>
>>382700321
Even Azshara has different regions and half of it is flooded. Learn what words mean.
>>
>>382677330
Wrath killed the game with dungeon finder and the change from high fantasy to 'whatever is popular' fantasy.
>>
>>382694395

it wasnt always like this

now you have to min max cause devs are shit and you have 1 or 2 classes that do top damage, and everyone has the same tools basically
>>
File: 1383500239822.jpg (23KB, 362x392px) Image search: [Google]
1383500239822.jpg
23KB, 362x392px
>>382700318
>mfw they actually copied the way your character's head follows your focused target from FF14
>>
>>382699983
People still use them. FFlogs is even a thing for fucks sake. That's the one thing I never will understand about SE. If they don't want raidwarning addons fine, but damage meters and UI modification should be fine.
>>
>>382694730

>korean mmo grind

>gameplay

eat shit, you terrible dev.
>>
>>382691443

they mined ether
>>
>>382696841
>using argument ad populum
>calling someone else a retard
jesus christ
>>
>>382700565
WoW has a history of copying ideas. The Warhammer MMO had things like quest area markers on the map and battleground exp and a bunch of other stuff that Blizzard just took.
>>
Reminder that /v/ unironically believes bring the player not the class is a bad ideology
>>
XIV is the superior game and there's no debate to it. I don't even know why these threads exist, WoW is pretty much the Voldemort of MMO's. Shouldn't even be speaking it's name.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061717_050657.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061717_050657.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382691297

Those dudes aren't a monolith there are good versions of them and evil tainted versions
>>
>>382700586
>damage meters and UI modification should be fine.
PC/PS4 parity.
Also damage meters, while useful to gauge personal performance, can lead to a toxic community.
>>
>>382698782

dungeons used to be fun

mythic+ is literally the opposite of fun

compounded by shitty class balance and the stripping of abilities.

what is the fun of speedrunning a dungeon when you play anything but the top dps/healer/tank spec?
>>
File: 1480503804659.png (240KB, 428x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480503804659.png
240KB, 428x456px
>>382700318
i thought this was a meme until WoW introduced that godawful "dude INFINITE CONTENT lmao" artifact power system and other MMOs blindly followed suit

the genre deserves to be put out of its misery forever
>>
>>382700586
addon support means lua scripting support. so people can make raidwarning addons in addition to UI mods if they script enough. hell ACT can already do raid callouts if you bother to set it up.
>>
>>382700871
is final fantasy xiv just a mindless game then? How the fuck do you manage to progress in challenging content without looking at logs?
>>
File: 148980363841.png (292KB, 571x492px) Image search: [Google]
148980363841.png
292KB, 571x492px
>>382700128
>>
>>382700284

>oh shit it's sargeras

>he's just a reskin of an ulduar titan

pretty disappointing, just saying
>>
>>382699694
>>382700128

Don't forget

>TANKBUSTER HITS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND IS SYNCED TO THE CHORUS OF THE MUSIC

>WITNESS
>*BOOM*
>SUFFER
>*BOOM*

Man, just thinking about WoWbabbies and their complete ignorance of what they are missing makes me smile.
>>
File: 1466719878559.jpg (52KB, 257x395px) Image search: [Google]
1466719878559.jpg
52KB, 257x395px
>>382700759
It is when Blizzard handles the class "balance". That just means cutting edge guilds end up having a raid full of mages or whatever the FotM class is and very little of anything else.
>>
>>382700586

They don't want damage meters because they don't want people harassed over them. Yeah, a shit player should be called out on their bullshit but the vast majority of XIV's playerbase is PvE focused cutscene watchers. If meters were limited to Savage content and maybe ex trials, it could work.

>>382700986

You have ACT and fflogs the ff variant of wowlogs. There's enough to examine already, you just can't post dps parses after every fight in chat if you're not with a static.
>>
>>382700921
I haven't seen any new MMO copy artifact power system. Even though FFXIV has a relic system, at least it's a 100% optional sidquest. Being forced to grind AP in WoW or else your spec is useless is fucking pitiful as a new player.
>>
>>382675918

Because it's a game that you pay monthly for to not play it since you get everything with zero effort anyway. They turned into a casual game that you pay monthtly for, except I'd only pay for something like that if there was worthwhile content constantly for me to do.

Why the fuck would I pay a monthly subscription to play it for 30 minutes a week?
>>
>>382701073
What fight are you refrenenceing
>>
>>382700904
You never have to speedrun, you just have to not wipe repeatedly. If you can't have fun doing dungeons there's something really wrong with you.
>>
>>382700986
You look at logs but keep it to yourself/your team.
You don't mention it to public parties.
>>
>>382700921
Artifact Power was nice as an alternative leveling mechanic, but it was meant to have a cap for a reason, none of this continuous upward scaling dump-stat shit.
>>
>>382700185

it's just memberberries all over again

>remember ulduar?

>remember sunwell?

except references dont mean the shit they make can match the amazing design that was ulduar. the layout, the encounters, the optional hardmodes, music, etc.

these devs cant make an ulduar.
>>
>>382700921
World quests are the best incarnation of dailys in any mmo and there is literally nothing wrong with AP. You have enough AP to join raids by the time you're finished questing and all it does is reward you for everything you do.

The real problem with Legion was the random legendaries but much like AP, this was only relevant to you if you were trying to be in a world first guild
>>
>>382701221
That's T13
I'm so sorry you missed out
>>
File: e8f.jpg (73KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
e8f.jpg
73KB, 300x401px
i want fellow ffxivfags to stop shilling /ourgame/ to wowmonkeys
last thing we want is those "people" to come to our game and demand the devs ruin everything
>>
File: 1496452801827.jpg (128KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496452801827.jpg
128KB, 750x750px
XIV is the true successor to WoW. WoW today is what Guild Wars 2 was to Guild Wars.
Drop it, pick up XIV or don't. But that's your only option.
>>
>>382699078
>Everyone pretends they're having a great time to stick it to retailfags
I don't care about what people do in retail, I don't really have any interest in playing it right now, but I'll probably get the next expansion just to level up to max and do a tiny bit of raiding and dungeons like I do with each expansion. That being said, I enjoyed Nost a lot more than the fast few years of retail WoW. Though I didn't get to 60 in Nost, I was more than happy just leveling and not needing to take it too seriously.
>>
File: 1382758732198.gif (2MB, 413x418px) Image search: [Google]
1382758732198.gif
2MB, 413x418px
Pandaren women are the only thing worth paying attention to in WoW at this point
>>
>>382700525

legions world map is easily the worst yet. stormheim was ok-ish, but a lot was meh. ESPECIALLY the tauren zone.

I liked vashjir, fuck what the devs think. cata zones were cool. wrath is my favorite though, northrend >>>>>>>> current zones
>>
>>382700921
>INFINITE CONTENT
Said no one ever. AP was never a hard grind. It wasn't necessary and you could reach the max at a casual pace without even doing dungeons.
>>
>>382701290
>The real problem with Legion was the random legendaries but much like AP, this was only relevant to you if you were trying to be in a world first guild
No, some classes were way too dependent on specific legendaries, your damage would be absolutely pathetic without them
t. ex unholy
>>
>>382701450
>Said no one ever.
see >>382694730
>>
>>382701520
So, no one actually said it.
>>
>>382701073
Attacks syncing up with the soundtrack is probably my favorite part of XIV honestly, its so fucking good
>>
>>382700871
>while useful to gauge personal performance, can lead to a toxic community.

It goes far beyond personal performance. A party/raid leader should be able to quickly see the performance of everyone in the group so they can make cuts and adjustments as necessary. It's not even just DPS like many people believe, being able to link things like avoidable damage taken is arguably even more important. Trying to ban this shit under a "toxic environment" reason is retarded. Serious guilds are still going to find a way to use them and all it means for pugs is good players will sometimes get stuck with shitters they can't do anything about and shitters will be kept in blissful ignorance and never improve.
>>
>>382700128
>>382701073
I also like when nidhogg does ahk morn, the music when it syncs up gives me goosebumps.
>>
>>382700986

FF14's challenge actually comes from extremely complicated raid mechanics requiring ridiculous amounts of teamwork and awareness, not just a numbers game.

For example, the most recent final raid boss periodically slaps the party with a laundry list of semi-randomized "orders" that the party needs to solve within a short timespan. while dodging the boss's attacks. Each party member gets their own order, such as "stay more than 30 meters away from a specific other player", "stand together with another player who DOESN'T have the same order as you", etc. Failure to comply likely leads to a wipe.

WoW raids look mindlessly dull in comparison.
>>
>>382701620
>the lead dev is no one
start posting arguments anytime
>>
>>382675918
Because everything that isn't raiding is retardedly easy now and there's nothing that is actually rewarding and requires work in the game outside of it. Dungeons are a fucking joke, and they may as give you a vending machine in your class hall that shits out crafted gear it's so easy to make. People just log in, raid, get their shit, and get out on the weekends. That being said, their raid designs are still pretty solid, which is the only real plus I have for the game anymore.
>>
>>382701636
Yeah it's fine in premade teams but fucked when you're votekicking random DPS for being undergeared in daily runs.
>>
>>382701450
>AP isn't necessary
If you haven't maxed your traits you're actually fucking worthless and nobody wants you
>>
>Legion promises a story full of combating the Burning Legion, as well as the progression of the Alliance vs. Horde tensions
>Demons are just minor trash in most zones being quickly shadowed over by the indigenous peoples and their mundane as fuck problems
>Alliance vs. Horde gets HALF A ZONE (50%) dedicated to them that does nothing but push the status quo (wow Genn did zero physical damage to Sylvanas and nearly got one-shotted after getting kicked off the Skybreaker by her champion but HE BROKE A LANTERN FORESKINS BTFO)
>>
>>382701221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ayvkuoZ0O0

Starts around 9:00. Akh morn is the blinding pillar of light that tanks usually need to share. Didn't really get a good look at Teraflare for some reason everyone has their cameras angled down for it.
>>
>>382701696
That was back when the AP cap was easily reachable, all of my points still stand. No one ever used the words "infinite content" like they said infinite quests for Skyrim. Stop lying anytime.
>>
>>382699480
MoP was just the silver age.
>>
>>382701630
Since this is pretty much a FFXIV thread, I just started playing the game after a long break. I just discovered the Palace of the Dead, is it worth the time? whats the goal? ive just been doing it for some xp for a side job
>>
>>382701226

stripping down classes makes things less fun

as does having to do much more work to do the same or less dps than a top spec. it's shit. at least give lower dps specs an edge in utility or SOMETHING.

>hey im a mage I can do everything well

vs

>hey im a lock, fuck me right
>>
>>382701739
Max traits takes only days to reach. I wouldn't take you if you didn't put a minimal amount of effort into it either.
>>
>>382701858
Its the best way to level a DPS because it has no queue times but once you hit 60 PvP is better. Also I don't want to take over this thread just wanted to mention the music sync thing
>>
>>382677330
fucking retard woltk was pure shit
the only acceptable answer are BC or vanilla
>>
>>382696652
I didn't say that's when it was the best. That's when it was most popular.

Objectively I would say the game is the best it's ever been now but as I said the game is over a decade old and I just cannot be assed to grind for legendaries, or dungeons, or whatever anymore.
>>
>>382702017
Oh also each time you complete floor 50 or floor 100 you get a potsherd which you can turn in for goodies like minions and a mount
>>
>>382701927
>warlocks crying yet again
>dominate trash and aoe without trying
Or you probably don't even play
>>
>>382701791

Note how the climax of the song lines up with Gigaflare/Akh morn

>Tell us why
>given life
>we are meant to die
>Hallowed Ground
>helpless in our cries

They fucking lined that shit up close to the enrage I swear.
>>
>>382675918
What killed WoW in my eyes is how there's no more surprises. Everything is spoilered months in advance by the public test realms.

At least in FFXIV when a new patch comes out, people are literally blind when they go in. They didn't have months prior to practice on the PTR and datamine everything.
>>
>>382702017
Thanks for that i wont ask any more questions, the music thing is one of the parts i remember most in FFXIV, like the shiva fight where the whole party gets frozen and the music stops. I remember that shit blew me away as a fairly new player
>>
File: Lili joy.png (196KB, 855x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Lili joy.png
196KB, 855x1100px
>>382701427
>Dont play the game
>Only interest is best girl
I really like the setting of Warcraft but I just cant stick at MMO's. Id like a singeplayer RPG in that universe, something with nicely made quests, combat and models.
>>
>>382701221
>>382701630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAPNhWWi2Y&t=454

Go to timestamp for around when the good part starts. The whole rest of the fight from there is pretty much timed to the music.
>>
>>382701364
>implying the XIV community can get any worse
There's a reason why you fags leave your /vg/ generals and have them here instead.
>>
>>382702217

Really what draws in a ton of players to keep playing despite the horrid early game are the primals. If you're not drawn into the scale of some of the primals by the time you reach Heavensward then nigga just play another game.
>>
>>382702156

I dont like reworks in general, they generally made most specs less fun

and mythic+ isnt fun to me, speedrunning a dungeon is dumb

>we cant make it hard, we'll just put a timer
>>
>>382701791

I posted a video that cares about camera angles >>382702316
>>
>>382688137
You can do a free 7 day trial literally anytime
>>
File: 1421282165991.jpg (33KB, 442x456px) Image search: [Google]
1421282165991.jpg
33KB, 442x456px
>>382702232
LiLi is best girl
>>
>>382702468
Do you think I could 4 man unsync all of the second and final coil? I would like to do the whole thing some day with just my friends
>>
>>382702316
>>382701791
It's kind of a shame that despite WoW having 2x the dev team size and 100x the budget amount, they still can't do anything cool like FFXIV.
>>
>>382675918
because its old and the only sense you get that you arent playing with AI is your guild chat.

if people had to actually speak in chat for groups and travel to the dungeon together it would feel like an mmo again and not like a large mobile clicker game.

dungeon finders killed the mmo genre

we can only hope another ffxi or everquest comes along where you literally cant kill anything your level without a group
>>
File: leave.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
leave.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>382702453
>LFG is frequently criticized as fostering an antisocial attitude where usually the only words shared between groupmates is "C'MON PULL"
>Legion sets this as the standard with Mythic+, with the added "bonus" of ragequitters actually ruining your keystones for an entire week.
>>
>>382701791

Are that guy's graphics low or does it always look like that? Not too impressed with the graphics honestly. Fight mechanics and music sync is godtier though.
>>
>>382702453
Speedrunning was challenge modes, mythic+ is A LOT more lenient. You get all of the rewards as long as you complete it, and if you fail it drops down one level. Literally what are you complaining about? If you can't do it you're either shit or severely undergeared, which is saying something because people can run them as 4.
>>
>>382676152
Mythic raiding has actually been harder to finish than normal this time around, many guilds have died and the good players dropping out/congregating around the top 0.001% of guilds. When it was current patch both M Helya and M Guldan were completed by a very small amount of guilds.
>>
>>382702786

Very easily, though by going unsynced you're breaking the fights and won't see these music sync-ups.
>>
File: 6.png (368KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
6.png
368KB, 500x502px
>>382702721
no you can't, otherwise you wouldn't need to pay for a subscription
>>
>>382688965
ever see a sexy bath robe? we need those
>>
>>382702907
XIV has never had very good lighting or textures which is a damn shame because most of its environments deserve so much better
>>
>>382702874
Quitting mid-key should just deplete whatever key(s) you have in your bag and considering that depleted keys aren't a thing for failing anymore that'd be a nice punishment.
>>
>>382703063
What a shame, maybe some day I'll go through the whole thing synced with my friends and some pubs. We all joined a tad too late to do Alexander in its prime so I'm hype for Omega savage
>>
>>382679685
>You have "alternative" ways of doing damage with weird builds
>But every expansion that alternative way gets fucked in the ass in favor of the main build
I miss my shaman spamming thunders across bgs
>>
>>382701496
I have shit legendaries and pulling my weight. Stop blaming your shit ability to play the game when it's ez as shit.
>>
>>382703248
>something happens where you're not at fault (power goes out, whatever)
>lmao you're screwed for the week now since we're gonna assume you're malicious and pulled the plug or something
M+ system is flawed at its roots
>>
>>382696841
Also you should realize that numbers have dropped mostly in EU and NA (markets making most money) but total drop has been dropped by chinese market (not so profitable). So actual drop has been much steeper.
>>
>>382703375
stop classes legendaries are more balanced than others
other classes had legendaries that were LITERALLY make or break (BM hunter shoulders before they were nerfed)
not an argument
>>
mythic+ sucks

ap sucks

korean grind is NOT FUN
>>
>>382703375
I don't think you fully understand what unholy wrists pre nerf did for that class
>>
>>382703504
Since when does getting logged off remove you from the group? There is only so much you can cover with systems like these.
>>
>>382703504
They don't deplete if you can't finish a run, they only lose a couple of levels now
>>
>>382703615
Imagine how many chinese players left retail when they realized that they can play on a private server for free without region lock and have their game client uncensored.
>>
>that feel when miss "we cannot think of any weaknesses for Unholy"
>>
>>382675918
Because they spent two expansions just not putting the resources back into it that it needed while developing what turned out to be a meme shooter. They followed this up with three decades worth of shit decisions and continued the low resources path.
>>
>>382703639
Mythic+ is fun, dungeon and raid design has always been top tier. AP is inconsequential, though. Grinding for that is retarded.
>>
>>382702907

It's average if you're used to newer games. Still looks pretty good in some areas. The shiny effect game is strong as hell though.

You could always do it synced but that's obviously much more annoying to do since the fight is much harder at 50 due to lack of healing/tank tools. T13 is pretty much the pinnacle of what a scripted fight can do with music and effects. Unscripted clown shoes fights have their place but there's a reason Bahamut is and was so memorable for so many players who were able to kill it when he was relevant.

Alexander was pretty damn good too but his fight is somewhat of a disappointment, although sending you back in time to save yourself is cool and the timestop tethers were cool. Overall it just wasn't as flashy. He summons the big Alexander just so it can fire lasers at you. The theme of A12s, although fun to listen to during the fight, is a mess in regards to timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5QfpqhlG1g
>>
File: unholy7.1.png (3MB, 1458x1700px) Image search: [Google]
unholy7.1.png
3MB, 1458x1700px
>>382703850
and then 7.1 happened
>>
>>382703928
>>382703327
>>
>>382703735
It's assuming a group of pugs disbands. Pugging hard content is a terrible idea though.
>>
>>382699480
This, as someone who spent years in vanilla, and years in every expac, I can readily say I will never enjoy the game as much as I did during mop. Blizzard is at their best when they're actually working with a blank slate.
>>
>>382681943
>"i never actually played on vanilla"
ok dud
>>
>>382703924

mythic+ is bad cause if you play a weak spec you cant succeed

it's shitty design by nature

meanwhile...

>0 healer groups can succeed

seems fair
>>
>>382704074
only the leavers get a depleted key though. Maybe the first 2.
>>
in my eyes WoW peaked at Wrath. Even the subscriber numbers prove it. Once the Lich King died and Bolvar told the player to leave this place and never return during the cinematic, it was a big sign that the game was going to go to shit at cataclysm and beyond.
>>
>>382699515
Fuck man, the initial broken shore shit that stated legion off was so damn powerful, but such a strong emotional tone obviously couldn't be held forever. Blizzard was quick to remind you what game you were playing once a dog woman was telling you about cracking some nuts and a cow was selling you her own breast milk as a joke and a tree kept making puns while crushing you to death hysterically and GUESS AGAIN MORTAL HINGA DINGA DURGEN REDDIT 2 FIDE GOOGLY MOOGLY BJORN WHAT VALOR DO YOU BRING THESE HALLS GIB DE AEGIS ODYN
>>
Will people stop shilling XIV with fake numbers? We have data that shows subs around the 500k range and they haven't been increasing, only decreasing throughout HW.
>>
>>382701932
>AP isnt necessary
>WELL IT IS NECESSARY BUT YOU CAN REACH IT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS!
yeah, you're retarded.
>>
>>382699694
why are you using an addon like dbm and then bitching that your hand is being held by something that isnt even in the base game that your shitter ass willingly installed
>>
File: The Joker Ponders This.jpg (48KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
The Joker Ponders This.jpg
48KB, 359x291px
>Diablo 2 is the father of vanilla WoW
>All is well

>Diablo 3 is the father of modern WoW
>Everything is falling apart.
>>
>>382704240
It was the direction they began to take with class design that caused Cata to drop fast because T11 was fucking great. Even more utility homogenisation, increasing """complexity""" (Read: Adding RNG to key abilities t. ret paladin t. DK etc...). Focus for hunters is also completely uneccessary.
>>
>>382701667
>FF14's challenge actually comes from extremely complicated raid mechanics requiring ridiculous amounts of teamwork and awareness, not just a numbers game.

And in what world is coordinating 8 people harder than coordinating 20 or more? From your last sentence it's pretty clear you've never raided seriously in WoW but if you would actually have done your research the facts would speak for themselves. It doesn't matter if you look at real time, wipe count, any metric of difficulty you want to use points to XIV being the easier game, and that isn't likely to change unless square wants to go back on their statement of "not making raid content harder than creator".
>>
>>382704440
any raid group right now requires DBM
>>
File: xenogears_billy_5621.jpg (100KB, 350x313px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears_billy_5621.jpg
100KB, 350x313px
WoW has been dying forever according to you faggots.
>>
>>382704548
Is WoW the Total Biscuit of video games?
>>
>>382704240

cata only sucked around DS

although im still mad what they did to paladins before fixing them in cata
>>
>>382704497
diablo 2 was good
diablo 3 was bad
wow that was hard i nearly busted all my brain cells typing this out
>>
>>382704423
AP doesn't stop there, you can keep going for a minimal reward that isn't worth reaching. Everything awards AP and you reach that point automatically in a few sessions of play. Going for AP ISN'T necessary.
>>
>tfw qutting Legion after having been doing mythic raiding
It feels so weird and refreshing to not have to show up to a raid three times a week.
>>
>>382699982
fel lord zakuun was a new model

that's why they keep using it
>>
>>382704350
>Odyn
What a god-awful addition to Legion's plot. They needed to get rid of the blatant Norse rip-offs as far back as WoTLK, but they just try less and less with it.
>>
>>382704156
>a weak spec
Like what? There is no spec shit enough that it would stop you from completing a +15 easily unless you didn't play well or have absolutely terrible gear. Bosses at that level require you to do mechanics and bigger pulls different tactics to deal with.
>>
>>382690556
>always in the Lore
No. Old Gods existed in the lore, but they were never the pawns of da big bad boogeyman from the void.

The reason for Sargeras going nuclear was also retconned like 5 different times, it's never been consistent.
>>
File: 1487711245359.jpg (7KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
1487711245359.jpg
7KB, 261x203px
>>382700565
No way... you mean to tell me blizzard stole the idea that.. your character looks at who you're talking to? Damn son, how can those fuckers sleep at night, stealing such an original idea.
>>
wrath > bc > cata in terms of world design, others (minus vanilla) are shit

im sorry but the new zones arent comfy or worth revisiting
>>
>>382704693
>mythic raiding
you brought this on yourself
>>
It's dying again, is it? That's nice.
>>
>>382703928

You really need to be more selective about the videos you post, you are underselling the visuals a lot by posting these ugly top down videos.

Here's a good one from Alexander, just the easy mode version though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsNXZOdcVk

>>382702907

The graphics are impressive enough if you actually bother moving the camera and looking around, and they've also gotten better over the years. Here's the current final boss fight, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gasSFX5k0
>>
>>382704904
that was literally in 0 mmos besides from ff14. You are correct though, it's such a stupid thing to copy I don't know why they did it.
>>
>>382704524

Not him but adding players into a raid is not actual difficulty. All it does is raise the chance for coattail riding retards who take 3-4 wipes to realize what they're doing wrong even with DBM. You're not "coordinating 20 people" either. You're coordinating roles, the number of players is inconsequential.
>>
fuck mythic raiding

why not do hardmodes like ulduar did? it's the best way.
>>
>>382676152
You mean just like every MMO?
They are all the same guys, seriously.
>>
>>382705002

>You really need to be more selective about the videos you post, you are underselling the visuals a lot by posting these ugly top down videos.

U rite. Fuck if every savage video had the camera pointed at the ground.
>>
File: Stop coming here.jpg (11KB, 227x250px) Image search: [Google]
Stop coming here.jpg
11KB, 227x250px
>>382700565
>blizzard copied basic etiquette
nigger are you for real
>>
>>382705137
Because those were equivalent to hitting a button before the fight instead of picking an option from the menu. It's the same fucking thing.
>>
File: 1455866451488.png (60KB, 206x208px) Image search: [Google]
1455866451488.png
60KB, 206x208px
>>382700565
>wow copies head following target movement from ffxiv
>anudda shoah
>ffxiv copies #epic action buttons during raid encounters with lakshmi
>yoshiP does it again!
>>
>>382704524
from what I can tell, FFXIV mechanics are more punishing when it comes to 8 players. If one healer fucks up in FFXIV, the rest of the team crumbles. If 1 healer fucks up in WoW, they have more than 2 other healers to pick up the slack.
>>
>>382705002

Dude even had camera twirls for Final Judgement.
>>
>>382705251
>devs always pay attention to minor details
It is you who must be asked if they are for real
>>
>>382705049
Maybe because they add QoL updates every patch, and they were bound to get to it eventually.
>>
>>382705251
>>382705359
>WHO CARES IF THEY COPIED HEAD MOVEMENT THEY WOULD'VE THOUGHT OF IT ANYWAY DURRRRRRRRRRRR
is there anything worse than a blizzard faggot? seriously
>>
>>382705284

it would be better if you did stuff on the fly instead of flipping a switch
>>
>>382705446
yes
a ffxivfaggot
>>
>>382705092
There are more mechanics you can design with 20 people than 8 people. Most upstairs/downstairs fights wouldn't even work in FFXIV for just player limitation reasons. Also contrary to what the FFXIVposter believe there are plenty of mechanics in WoW where a tiny fuckup from a single person wipes the raid (e.g. imperator, star augur, and more recently maiden of vigilance). Relying on 7 other people to not fuck up is harder than relying on 19 other people to not fuck up.
>>
File: ffxiv_06172017_183139.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06172017_183139.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I played WoW for over a decade. Didn't start at launch but a month or two into the War Effort event for Ahn'Qiraj. I did progression level raiding for nearly the entire time and did some absurd rep grinds along the way.

But I never felt like I was in a Skinner Box as much as I did in the first few months of Legion. It no longer feels like "Look, here are some cool things you can do if you want to!" it's now "Here are the things WE decided you NEED to do."

I'm glad I dropped most of my focus on it during Warlords of Draenor. Made quitting completely in Legion a lot easier. Still miss playing with some of my old guildmates though. Logging onto their Mumble server without playing the game feels so awkward.
>>
>>382705447

adding to this, the only real "switch" in ulduar was mimiron, others had you doing stuff on the fly
>>
>>382705049
If you're using a person looking at another person as an arguing point, then you might actually be retarded. It's not now, nor will it ever be stealing. What's next? You gonna say everquest stole the idea of walking?
>>
File: 4334734737.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
4334734737.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>382705446
You cannot be this fucking retarded anon..
>>
>>382705673
You legitimately might be retarded if you think that's what I mean.
>>
>>382705002

Graphics just look, I don't know, I can't put my finger on it. Something just looks off and low-quality about it.
>>
>>382705447
>>382705527
That's what you did for Ulduar. It wasn't clever or immersive.

>Hodir
Speedrun
>Mimiron
Press button next to him
>Flame Leviathan
Talk to a DIFFERENT person to start the fight
>Yogg-Saron
DON'T talk to the keepers

You didn't have to think about it, you press a different button, or sometimes don't, and you're in hard mode.
>>
>>382705794
> "Blizzard stole the idea of a player looking at another player"
> They stole the idea
> Stole
> Looking at another character.
>>
I prefer 8 man raids to 20 man raids solely because it's much easier to coordinate and you don't have so many conflicting schedules due to time zones and responsibilities.
>>
>>382705802

It kind of looks like it's running on the PS3.
>>
>>382705793
>WoW had headtracking before FF14
tell me more, retard.
>>
>>382675918
Shit and cut content
>>
>>382704962
It was fun, at the time. After like 9 months it just became too much.
>>
>>382705848
>not liking the Mimiron button
>not even after random Arab or Mexican guildee presses it for the 50th time because it's super funny
>>
>>382705994
I would guess that from the controller prompts
>>
>>382705940
who the fuck are you quoting? Mobile retard.
>>
>>382705802
It's the lighting. Environments look flat because of it.
>>
>>382705802

Okay, but I bet I can change your mind with this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RadO-Lr9_q4

Most likely, it just looks "off" to you in the battle videos because Youtube compression murders cluttered videos like that, as does the 30 fps.
>>
>>382705446
>let's completely ignore all the shit that XIV lifted from other WoW during the ARR transition despite the fact that the devs even stated in interviews that they took inspiration from WoW and other MMOs
>the FATE system was even lifted wholesale from Warhammer online's public quests
>>
>>382690660
>those feet+nails

One-ticket to pound town.
>>
>>382705848
>Talk to a DIFFERENT person to start the fight
This happened in a later patch, before that you had to actually go and kill towers if you wanted to do NM.
>>
>>382706005
Nobody said that you fucking autist. Do you lack reading comprehension? Everyone is making the point that it's stupid to think blizzard stole the idea of headtracking. Not only is it wrong. But it's just such a stupid thing for you to claim blizzard "Stole". It's like saying they stole the idea to use mounts or they stole the idea to put physics in their game. Like what the fuck is the basis of what you're trying to defend you fucking moron.
>>
>>382706209
>tu quoque
yeah you're retarded, don't argue like a girl next time.
>>
>>382705848
You, of course, neglected things like XT, Iron Council and Vezax, and missed the point of Flame Leviathan's to make your point.

Fact is Ulduar was a beta design of hard modes, and instead of making future efforts go closer to the interesting and unique methods they stuck with the 'you don't have to think about it, press a button' path.
>>
File: 1431326803943.jpg (108KB, 476x333px) Image search: [Google]
1431326803943.jpg
108KB, 476x333px
>stealth ffxiv generals deleted on /vg/
>decide to go to wow threads and complain that your erp simulator's precious target staring function has been lifted from wow
>as if your game isn't 75% copied from wow

This is why you're quarantined to /vg/.
>>
Honestly I think legion gets a lot of underserved hate from people who want wow to relive its glory days. It is not perfect but its still pretty fun
>>
>>382706106
The original autist who made the argument.
>>
>>382705848

it's more interesting to do stuff on the fly rather than switching the mode though, makes encounters more interesting

but the real problem is encounter design: we havent had a good raid since like...ToT?
>>
>>382706209

No one said otherwise, but FF14 doesn't pretend to be original. WoW kiddies meanwhile keep claiming that their game invented every MMO concept.
>>
>>382706301
I never said stolen you fucking autist holy shit. I said they copied headtracking from FF14, which they fucking did do, and they wouldn't have done it if it weren't for FF14, fucking retard.
Thread posts: 544
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.