[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I want to get into the Fire Emblem series. What game should I play first?
>>
>>382668240
Fire Emblem 7, known as just Fire Emblem in America (as it was the first FE game to be released outside of Japan). It goes over the basics of the series throughout the first 1/3 of the game.
If you're looking to go with the modern FE titles first, I'd recommend either Awakening or Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
>>
>>382668240
You seem pretty retarded, so Awakening.
>>
File: 1493260343352.png (768KB, 600x817px) Image search: [Google]
1493260343352.png
768KB, 600x817px
>>382668240
Fire Emblem: Conquest has the best gameplay.

The GC/Wii Tellius games have the best story, but Radiant Dawn is absolutely awfully balanced and has a lot of really slow gameplay/enemy turns.

The most accessible games in the series are Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening, so I'd recommend those despite all the QQ on /v/ about it
>>
>>382668240
FE Fates: Conquest. Don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>382668240
Please don't listen to anyone who tells you Fates or even Conquest for that matter.

Either start with Awakening or FE7 if you don't mind emulating
>>
>>382668240
Don't do Fates my boy. It has some nice maps but the mechanics are fucked, most of the cast of bland or terrible, and the story is an abortion.

I'd recommend Awakening as a first just like everyone else but FE7/FE8 are also very good choices
>>
>>382668442
>>382669226
>>382669379
I think I'll go with FE7 since I can emulate it for free. Thanks.
>>
>>382669379
but Awakening is worse than fates in every way
>>
>>382669226
>Please don't listen to anyone who tells you Fates or even Conquest for that matter.
seconding for the love of god
>>382669379
>I'd recommend Awakening as a first just like everyone else but FE7/FE8 are also very good choices
glad this is the consensus so far
they're both good, but awakening is a bit more addictive and will get you hooked. FE7 takes a bit more to get "into" it, especially if you aren't fond of old school style games.
>>
>>382668240
Shining Force
>>
Fire emblem: The Blazing sword(aka Fire Emblem in the USA) is a fantastic starting point, featuring a comprehensive tutorial. Alternatively, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones also has a briefer tutorial and is all around easier.
>>
>>382669649
>Story
No. Awakening's wasn't good by any means but it's nowhere near Fates level

>Cast
Both of them are filled with a lot of dumb characters but I still liked the lord, MU, and normal cast of Awakening better

>Gameplay
Yeah I can agree that Conquest is a lot better but it's a terrible starting point for new people into the series. Besides, everyone has fun with Awakening for at least the first time they play.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.