[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Death March makes the combat so much better, bro Who exactly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: muh death march.webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
muh death march.webm
3MB, 320x200px
>Death March makes the combat so much better, bro
Who exactly started this meme?
>>
Looks like a game center cx episode
>>
>>382647769

It might have been me.

Sorry.
>>
>>382647769
Well, that's clearly not death march since I'm playing it right now and you don't actually do damage in death march.
>>
I've only tried Death March but the game is so easy that I can't imagine playing it on one of the lower difficulties
>>
>>382647769
>making enemies health sponges makes the combat so much better, bro
>>
You'd be surprised the number of retards that exist who believe difficulty levels actually change the AI.
>>
I dunno how to break it to you OP but... /v/ is bad at games.
>>
>>382649237
>>382649282
welcome to nu-v
>>
>>382647769
Death March was fairly good for the early game. Forced you to loot and use potions.
I cranked it all the way down for the DLC, since at that point it was just making fights longer and more tedious.
>>
Literally nothing can fix Witcher 3's combat
>>
I feel like I fucked myself in my last play by going signs. I'm thinking of doing an alchemy combat mix this time, is it as broken as in 2?
>>
>>382649237
I remember when higher difficulties changed more than just a few numbers
>>
File: Geralt of Rivia.jpg (22KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Geralt of Rivia.jpg
22KB, 248x248px
>>382649607
Why, though? By the time you are high enough lvl to do DLCs your Geralt should be invincible murder machine. It hardly even matters what playstyle (tree) you chose, since they all are horribly overpowered at that point.
>Swords
Rend one hit crit shit all day every day or spin2win with that heal replenishing decoction
>Signs
One hit every small enemy on the ground with Aard and set ablaze and burn to crips everything else
>Alchemy
Run around with 10 active potions that last forever while carpet bombing everything in one mile radius

You are on point that death march is fucking tight in the early levels.
>>
>>382649631
Im probably a minority with this but I actually liked w3 combat. What made gameplay dull was that enemies are just too passive. They give you so many tools to work with and counter stuff but you dont really need to use anything because everything is so retarded and just stands there letting you get free hits
>>
File: 1477908965669.jpg (16KB, 382x341px) Image search: [Google]
1477908965669.jpg
16KB, 382x341px
I know I am in the extreme minority (to the point where it might seem contrarian for the sake of being contrarian) but I feel the first game did combat and combat preparation (studying, potion making etc) better than both of its sequels
>>
File: dlc.png (90KB, 482x383px) Image search: [Google]
dlc.png
90KB, 482x383px
witcher 3 would be way better if they took some features from 1 such as the stances(it'll be Nioh before Nioh becomes a thing) and special moves for each stances instead of spin2win and silly rend, I miss that group finisher where he uses both swords.
>>
>>382649642
Signs were interesting before they got nerfed, you could do some fun things, but they are really suboptimal especially the more you go into the game.

Combat is broken and boring as piss and Potions just make into a bomb spamming murder machine are equally boring. The combat system and everything around it is weak no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>382650470
Yeah, but the combat was kinda crap and weird. Too many fish people too.

If they took some of that preparation where you read a book to find the weakness of your bounty monster before you go hunt, then find your place of power, meditate and drink your potions - was kinda cool.

But also super frustrating when you are expected to play not a specific monster hunting game, but an RPG where you are attacked by half a dozen different monsters across an area as you travel, getting fucked and wishing you could just drink your swallow potion on the fly.

A hardcore 'this villiage is plagues by one monster, kill it' type game where you spend your hours preparing for one fight would be alright, but if you forced meditation ontop of the current Witcher 3 it'd be fucking painful.
>>
>>382647769
Death march is hard? it maybe it is hard if I don't use Axii + Quen builds and rush anti human gear but why would I do that when it's allowed on Death march. Also it's satisfying to reject bitches who manipulated Geralt in the book.
>>
File: shadow world.webm (3MB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
shadow world.webm
3MB, 736x460px
>>382650280
Mechanically combat is decent, but yeah, the problem is in enemy movesets. Everything in vanilla game is just braindead. Gets kinda better in DLCs, centipedes and archespores for example, but they're still too easy to cheese.
Fuck boars.
>>
All the 1v1 boxing matches except vs bear can be cheesed on death march by mashing heavy attack forever. Bear is trivial to dodge, attack, repeat.

You have to be retarded to lose a horse race. Investigations basically play themselves and you can't interact if you don't activate witcher vision first.
>>
>>382650751
>I miss that group finisher where he uses both swords
I dont remember that
>>
>>382647769
Well you're a Witcher, you're supposed to be inhuman, strength and agility wise, and enhanced by potions and magical abilities that give you even more of an advantage.

Human enemies shouldn't stand a chance against you and should run in fear let alone fight back, and most magical/mythical creatures shouldn't give you any trouble except the really old or really powerful.

tl;dr: playing on higher dffs is no fun and getting killed by a bandit in two hits and him taking 15 to drop ruins immersion.
>>
>>382651163
in witcher 1 you can use potion on the go though, only witcher 2 needs the meditation thing.
>>
>>382651337
in witcher 1 when you unlock fifth level of group style there's a finisher move you can do by holding left click, Geralt twirls both sword and heads will roll.
He kinda did in Witcher 2 as well as one of the finisher animations.
>>
File: jwhabc5fem58egv0aabj.jpg (80KB, 383x575px) Image search: [Google]
jwhabc5fem58egv0aabj.jpg
80KB, 383x575px
>>382647769
I'll admit it. It was me. Most Witcher threads are.

I don't even like the game, I just shill for it because I am bored and think it's funny when people fall for it.

Pretty easy to do. In still screengrabs, the game looks georgous. Post some "GOTY" thread and the trash fire sells itself.

It's not until the sucker actually plays the fucking thing that the slow realization that they had been rused sets in. Like clockwork, the disapointed criticisms flow in.

More powerful than any (you) could provide.
>>
>>382651606
Kek, godspeed anon.
>>
It's literally the same shit as Dark Souls.

What honest person can like Dark Souls combat and critique Witcher 3 combat?
>>
>>382652051
Weak bait sir.
>>
>>382652281
He's right though, it's exactly same expect you got less movesets at your disposal in Witcher.

>attack
>roll to safety
>attack
>roll to safety
>cast some spells
>chug some potions
>attack
>sidestep to safety
>>
>>382651606
Who is this girl?
>>
>>382652549
Bait gets weaker by the minute, son. Go play both games first.
>>
>>382652669
>can't think of counter-argument
>y-you're baiting!
>>
>>382652789
They are similar on paper but inherently different in action, mostly because TW3 combat is a clunky pile of shit.
>>
>>382653021
Understandable
>>
>>382647769
groundskeeper willie was a retarded boss anyway, no amount of "difficulty" can fix that
>>
>>382652621
cuck
>>
File: 1484103025436.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1484103025436.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>382647769
>play a mage build on deathmarch
It was too easy
>>
>>382647769
anon are you my gaming soulmate? this is exactly how i destroyed everything on death march to show my witcher fanboy friend how much of a joke the game is. that 2 button cycle even worked on the botchling which he told me is the hardest boss in the game.
i was level 3 with starter gear and was killing everything this way it is hilarious
(i have footage if witcherfags call bs)
>>
>>382649237
I mean not in Witcher but in some games it does. Like RE7 makes enemies more aggressive.
>>
When did you play it? I remember the game was good but then it hit mainstream (fuck you conan) and they fucking changed everything.
>>
>>382655773
i did that without any patch to the game so the game was not made easier later(i am the botchling anon)
>>
>>382655773
You really think Witcher 3 became mainstream because of Conan? What a fucking retard
>>
>>382647769
Shills
>>
>>382649237
Tekken!
>>
>>382656558
Because it released on consoles in a time where nothing was on them and Witcher already had some good cred in the gamer scene as far as i remember and was always present on /v/ from time to time.

Now of course the normies caught on and it exploded, go figure
>>
>TFW used to link fanboys to a video that utterly BTFO'd Witcher's combat
>new youtube jewery forced the video to be pulled down
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.