[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it wrong if I use a guide for my first playthrough? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Is it wrong if I use a guide for my first playthrough? I had a lot of trouble, then I got the Drake sword and started reading a guide and memorizing maps and now it's an actual enjoyable game. Is this wrong? I feel dirty
>>
The drake sword isn't even that good. Using the gargoyle halberd or black Knight weapons if you got one to drop is way more reliable and you can actually use it through the entire game

Using a guide will ruin a lot of the surprises. I would only use one to make sure you're not missing quest triggers, not for the levels themselves.
>>
>>382647606
All I am going to say is that my first playthrough going in blind is still my favorite gaming experience. I've felt like shit for years knowing I'll never feel that again.
>>
>>382647606
Only use guide when you are really lost and don't know what the fuck to do. It's not wrong just enjoy your fucking game. Few times guide is mandatory, like few of the extra zones.
>>
>>382647606
>Is it wrong if I use a guide for my first playthrough?
Yes you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>382647606
It's wrong in the sense that you ruined the game for yourself. But it sounds like you're one of those normalfags that don't actually care about the experience the game offers and you just want to beat games for the sake of consumption. So play however you want, just don't post on /v/ because your opinions are worthless.
>>
>>382647606
If it's telling you to use the drake sword then yes.

Also yeah it kinda ruins the experience. If you get lost then check one but don't follow it the whole time.
>>
>>382648236
/thread
>>
Get a weapon that you like, upgrade it to the max you can, level up the minium stats to wield it properly and then pump up stamina/hp. Keep at least under 70% equip load.

That's all you need to know.
>>
>>382647932
>>382648026
>>382648348
That's what I've been doing, I'll be unsure of what to do next and then check the guide but I'm not going room by room checking the guide or using them for bosses. The only reason I know about the Drake sword is not because of a guide but a friend told me when I told him I had trouble with the game. He also told me you can't rely on it the entire game and it might fuck you over in the long wrong since you might not actually 'git gud'
>>382648236
I work 7 days a week and box, so it's tough to dedicate the time needed for a purely virgin play through. It's one of the most enjoyable satisfying games I've played in a very long time though.
>>
>>382648236
>you look like one of those normalfags who want to have fun with a game

Soulsfags treat their games like they're such serious business. It's so autistic.
>>
>>382649023
Its autistic because half the fun is trying to figure things out and seeing what works and what don't. The gameplay isn't even that great, what makes the game good is the sense of exploration and discovering new stuff in the dialogues.
>>
>>382649153
That is entirely subjective.
>>
>>382649153
This. What's the point if it's not your own adventure?
>>
>>382647606
The only guide you need is roll roll attack.
>>
>>382649245
It's actually not. That's why >le dark souls is good because its hard meme began. The game isn't even hard, but people apparently though the game was good because it was hard, since they used guides to do everything instead of discovering for themselves.
>>
>>382647932
Black knight sword is beautiful
>>
>>382648727
Still don't think you should read a guide all throughout. The hardest part of Dark Souls is getting started, you already did so you're good. Play it blind from now on. Even if it's like one hour a day or something, everytime you play you'll make some progress, and the longer the game lasts you the better - after you end it you'll never experience something like it again.
>>
>>382647606
do whatever works for you
>>
File: j.jpg (294KB, 746x746px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
294KB, 746x746px
>>382647606
You are completely ruining the experience, you only need to know about the mechanics of the game because the game explains it like shit, spoiling the levels and strategies will just make you feel like shit when you finish the game.

Also, the drake sword is the bigges noob bait the game has, hits like a truck in the early game but scales like shit and becomes useless really fucking fast. GIT GUD.
>>
>>382647606
I would stress the importance of a blind playthrough on dark souls 1 more than any other game
The game is about learning from your fuck-ups and deaths (and it will happen, its part of the game, call it "artificial difficulty" if you like); using a guide ruins half the fun.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.