[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason this game won't be successful is because it doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: lawbreakers_characters.jpg (75KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
lawbreakers_characters.jpg
75KB, 1000x563px
The reason this game won't be successful is because it doesn't have any cute girls or sex appeal.

It's a simple as that.
>>
>>382647271
name a successful game with cute girls or sex appeal that is actually shit

Dont say overwatch because youre wrong
>>
>>382647271
You failed to follow a simple marketing strategy. Is your fault.
>>
>watch some gameplay
>CoD TTK
>somehow healers are a thing in the game
Can someone who played the game tell me what they are even for?
>>
>>382647549
>don't say the most glaring example m
>>
>>382647824
Yeah I don't really get the healer thing. Why not have health packs? Is it because they're trying to be another meme class-based shooter?
>>
>generic fps moba #9841
>>
T O K K I
O
K
K
I
>>
>>382648332
They're called "hero shooters," anon.
>>
>>382647271
only heard about the game 3 times.
once from youtuber i watch.
second time for nvidia's supposedly "special" update to run the game open beta smoother.
third time from you shills on /v/.
and when i knew about the open beta and trying to check it out, there's no way to pre-load the open beta.
And when the open beta started, there's not even 8k players that are interested to try on it, a FREE OPEN BETA.

this game deserved to fail.
and the marketing team is all to be blame
>>
>>382648247
Would you expect something unique from anything ever?
>>
>>382647549
every single dead or alive game
>>
>>382647271
nice that logo looks like my fidget spinner I will definitely check this one out
>>
>>382647271
It won't be successful because it's a bland game that doesn't know what it wants to be.

It totally misunderstands games like Quake that has things like movement where its really intuitive to pick up, but incredibly difficult to master. Instead it's just a clumsy mess of various gimmicks
>>
The whole thing is doomed to fail.
Realistic looking characters to a fault. (no cutes)
Not free 2 play.
Genre is already pretty fucking crowded.
And that weird "hardcore breh" attitude all the cast has, its really awkward and weird.
>>
>>382647271
2B's ass must be the only reason why that shallow piece of shit game sold then.

As for Lawbreakers it's shit. It controls like ass and the anti-gravity mechanic doesn't work as it should. It's DOA.
>>
>>382647271
Partly true but also because the characters are all ugly, male and female.
>>
>>382648710
>No crossdressing or transgender characters
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>382648668
It's not 'anti-gravity'. It's just low gravity.

OP's probably right, but the game still plays real good. The character design is just ass.
>>
>>382648614
Crowded with what? Only maybe titanfall2's pilots play remotely similar.
>>
>>382648987
its a fast paced competitive shooter
minute autistic details don't matter to your average steam gaymer
>>
>>382649196
Shit nig, even then?
Unless you're about to call overwatch fast-paced
>>
File: 1476475304833.png (837KB, 836x718px) Image search: [Google]
1476475304833.png
837KB, 836x718px
>>382647271
>this low grav thing sounds cool
>feels shit and disappointing

What a shame
>>
>>382647549
But that is overwatch. Overwatch really is very mediocre. Better than pretty much every other shitty FPS on the market, but that isn't saying much.
>>
>>382648332
Do you know what a moba is?
>>
>>382648247
there are health packs and these healing stations

I don't know why they added a healer too

anyway this game is going to be dead on arrival, it looks and sounds generic, it's treading on the same turf as overwatch which means people will shit on this game for not being overwatch and being too much look overwatch

it really feels like it was meant to be f2p but there's not enough content character wise for that

also this game needs a team deathmatch mode badly
>>
>>382647549
Nier: Automata
>>
>>382649310
There's a bunch of other dead shooters like that like toxxik and some other generic arena shooters no one remembers. Even quake champions isn't doing that great.
>>
>>382647549
Nier Autismo
>>
>>382649420
Welcome to 1999 when UT came out and showed everyone that low grav sucks ass and isn't good.
>>
>>382649901
That's what I mean, there's no real competition (besides quake, if it gets off the ground). I guess /v/ doesn't get exposed to its marketting much but its playerbase is solid already

I liked Toxikk
>>
>>382647271
How about it not being visually memorable in general?
>>
>>382650029
Neither is UT, really, it's that kind of vibe
>>
I think it being a generally bad, unpolished, mess of a game is another issue.
>>
>>382649901
A lesson in why you need to put good bots in your multiplayer-only games.
>>
>>382650082
UT only had one game to compete with.
>>
>>382649753
>But that is overwatch. Overwatch really is very mediocre.
for a mediocre game it sure plays like no other game out there
>>
File: 71893517501.jpg (201KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71893517501.jpg
201KB, 855x1200px
>>382647271
Imagine if lawbreakers had women looking like picrelated.

Ho-lee-shit it would market itself.

On second thought, designs like this would be wasted on a shit game like lawbreakers.
>>
>>382650559
Big-ass melee would be nice. I know that's sort of Juggernaut with his little shanky knife, but...
>>
>>382648247
There are health kits and full heal stations on the map. Heal stations are a deathwish if an enemy sees you retreat into one, they know you are near death and all of them are boxed into a small area.

I actually have been playing the medic almost exclusively, the grenade launcher is amazing and the plasma pistol makes it easy to get long range kills. The heal drones actually give a shield to the ally while they start the HoT. So, it can save people from dying, but not if they have like 5% HP left and are dying, as the drone has a slight travel time.

I went into this with pretty low expectations but I'm actually enjoying it, it kind of feels like some UT game with mutators and mods. I guess it being Unreal Engine helps that feeling.
>>
>>382650292
>i never played tf2, the post
>>
>>382650292

small mercies, anon.
>>
>make a cheap chinese shooter
>it's $30 xD watch out overwatch!!!!
*yawns*
>>
>>382648614
Quake Champions has that "hardcore breh" attitude for all its characters but it seems to be working for them
>>
or maybe because the market is saturated and most people in it play just to waste time and not for enjoyment which is why they just choose the most popular thing?
>>
File: 1485341068091.png (12KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485341068091.png
12KB, 259x224px
>remove assassin
>keep wraith
>reduce wraith's pistol damage
>reduce wraith's lunge damage

There I fixed the game
>>
>>382647824
To piggy back off OW's success
>>
>>382651727
I can see it being worth it if there's more content added, and soon.
Remember Splatoon 1 releasing with 5 maps? It got about triple that by the end, if I recall correctly.
>>
>>382647549
Neptunia series.
Senran kagura games.
>>
TThis game will be successful because its so progressive and there is like 1 white character
>>
>>382652050
>UT2004 had nearly as many game modes as Splatoon 1 has maps
It's kind of silly when you think about it.
>>
>>382647271
But game looks badass.
>>
>>382652327
Wrong. Game looks bad and game looks ass.
>>
This year's battleborn.
>ugly character designs
>shitty "me too" gameplay aping Overwatch, Paladins, and Quake Champions
>characters aren't balanced at all
>Nexon
>>
>>382652164
It is sad. UT2k4 is one of my favorite games ever, I played it almost every day for years. It's what got me into Killing Floor initially, I played the mod for UT for years, almost screamed in excitement when I learned it would become a real game.

UT2k4 had 10 gamemodes, not including vehicle CTF and other variants. What a shame.
>>
>>382653879
Are you me? I played the UT2k4 demo for years before I got the full game. I still can't believe they had dedicated servers and so much content in a demo. Then I got the full game and played it religiously , started getting into mods and eventually found KF.

Those good times will never come back though.
>>
>>382647824
It's so that girls have something to play.
>>
>>382654201
We sound like we had similiar scenarios then, I also played Rankin for a long time before I actually got the game. I got the special DVD mod edition too, even tinkered with some stuff. I played all kinds of UT mods, I'm even in one of the videos for a KF trailer.

I'm still hopeful for Lawbreakers though, it gives me some UT feelings and it's dumbed down just enough for my casual friends. They like it so far and it's the only fast shooter they will actually play with me. They can't get into Quake or Unreal because it's too hard for them. I wish arena shooters weren't dead, I miss you Warsow.
>>
>Quake Champions is trash
>Lawbreakers is unbalanced
>Titanfall 2 is dead

I JUST WANT TO PLAY SOMETHING FAST FUCK WHY DO ALL THESE GAMES HAVE TO FUCK THEMSELVES OVER IN SOME WAY
>>
>>382655252
Not disagreeing, but what do you think is unbalanced right now in Lawbreakers? Just curious to see if it matches with mine or what others have said.
>>
File: 1446794495027.jpg (13KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
1446794495027.jpg
13KB, 208x208px
>>382655457
Wraith is basically the best parts of the Enforcer and Assassin. Playing as and against Wraith I've consistently seen him outdamage Enforcers when both polayers start shooting at eachother around the same time. His lunge is also incredibly good, not just for damage, but it propels him forward even out of zero g.

The lunge though can be chalked up to the bad melee hitboxes/detection/netcode/whatever the issue is. You can melee people, as anyone, and hit them even if they appear out of range.

My balance changes would be
>retune general melee area of effectiveness
>increase speed in zero g zones by 25% or reduce damage on Gunslinger's pistol
>reduce Wraith's pistol damage or give it full spread so it's only effective up close and not as accurate as every other weapon
>give Titan 6 rockets isntead of 5 because it's the character's main traversal option and when you finally get to the gunfight you will be caught reloading and die

The game has potential but right now Wraith dominates. I like the character a lot but often there are situations where I feel I didn't deserve to win a gunfight.
>>
>>382656121
I feel like the Wraith is just a pubstomper and once people L2 play he won't be as effective.

Not gonna deny he's a massive pain in the dick to deal with and everybody fucking mains him.
>>
>>382656121
Okay, pretty similar to what I think then. Wraith is just too good at too many different things. Assassin who is more of a melee only hero feels less effective than Wraith. He's generally the only class I feel needs a hard nerf.

I still have most of my experience with medic, the grenade launcher and pistol are just too much fun.

>>382656496
I think the issue is that he's so fast and usually by the time you notice that he's behind you, you're already dead unless you're someone with more HP.
>>
File: 1482056872677.png (7KB, 255x198px) Image search: [Google]
1482056872677.png
7KB, 255x198px
>>382655252
I feel you, man. Only FPS my friends want to play is OW. Every attempt to get them into QC and TiF2 failed miserably. Not even gonna try with Lawbreakers, I'll just play the rest of the open beta alone.
>>
OH YEAH, let's blame waifufags for the fact that this game sucks ass and it's generic as fuck.
And of course, no one who buys Neptunia games can buy and appreciate First PErson shooters as well, we must always go for polar opposites, black and white, west vs east.
God forbid liking games regardless of where they come from.
>>
>>382656496
Juggernaut does a good job against him and assassin, but mainly in Bliztball because you can expect them to come to you. Out in the open it's harder to deal with him when there's backup. He's not unbeatable that's for sure, but eventually you are going to get overwhelmed if the whole team is playing him.

I also don't think one character per class is the way to go since LB roster is so small.

>>382656615
Combat Medic is a really good class too, but new healer that is supposed to arrive at launch also has a discord orb type ability which is easily going to melt Juggernauts.
>>
>>382656869
Really, is that the class that's locked, another support like? Cool, might like them too then.
>>
Is there even a single fps dev from the 90s that knows what made their old games good?
>>
>>382657067
John Romero.

He's made some killer maps for Doom 1 and 2 recently.
>>
>>382657018
Yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFySNmrUYp4
>>
>>382647549
league
also, the people who replied with "nier automata" are objectively wrong
>>
>>382647271
game was doomed to fail when it was named
>>
>>382655252
But titanfall 2 is the shit man ive played all those 3 and ots easily the best

You can still play it
>>
>>382650292
>popularity = quality
Yeah because LoL is the best game ever made, and McDonald makes the best food ever
>>
>>382650292
>>382657880
wew nevermind I can't read sorry
Anyway there is tf2 so
>>
>>382657768
I know, I still play it, but now the PC population gets to the point I keep running into the same people for 6 matches in a row. At least to it's credit it connects to matches faster than Lawbreakers does who has 2-4k more people playing it
>>
>31GB
what the fuck
why is an arena shooter so big
>>
It failed to click with me
>>
No its because of stupid art direction that most people think is boring. Everything is just grey and brown with future things, edgy 'badass' characters that look like brink rejects. Shits lame
>>
>>382647271
Does it have buff guys though?
That's what I care about.
>>
>>382650559
>pretty
>visible muscles
>black bodysuit with boob window (which also has a cool design)
>huge sword
I'd pay to see this in a game.
>>
>>382649801
OW and this definitely have a moba influence though
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.