[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did she become the face of FF11?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: shantotto.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shantotto.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
How did she become the face of FF11?
>>
>>382638248
who?
>>
The most popular character in japan from FFXI on top of the fact japan really liked tarutaru

thats all there is to it.
>>
>>382638248
None of the NPCs from FF11 are really that memorable because they consistently put emphasis on your character as the hero, as opposed to FF14 where you just run around watching the Scions do cool shit.
>>
>FFXI's rep is a maniac extremely powerful parallel-crossing midget who rhymes all the time

>FFXIV's rep is a catgirl who is bad at using healing magic and is blind
>>
>>382638729
actually isn't the emphasis of 14 the fact you're the only one who seems to be capable of being competent?

So flip your comment around and it'd be true for the same reasons. the problem with 14 is the fact you're the only competent person
>>
>>382638248
Effectively attract lolifags such as myself.
>>
>>382638729
>because they consistently put emphasis on your character as the hero
You are constantly referred to as the 'adventurer' in FFXI and that the world was full of them. Story progression was either from your nation, or following select NPCs through their journey as you help them along.

It's FFXIV that literally tells you you're the hero in the first cutscene.
>>
>>382638248
Why does Shantoto look so hot?
>>
>>382638864
I still don't understand why they pick Y'shitola for it.
>>
>>382640281
She's always looked hot.
>>
I like Shantoto but best girl in FF XI is Prishe.
>>
>>382638248
She is the hottest FF character
>>
>>382640410
Probably because there's no white mage rep I guess
>>
>>382640281
because you can use her as a fleshlight
now they gave her bedroom eyes so it's even better
>>
>>382638248
> Most popular
> Never actually lost
> Powerful as hell
> Can cross dimension by herself
> Cocky and Cheeky little old woman

What's not to like?
>>
>>382638248
back when the first dissidia came out there was a FFXI event involving her so they chose her as the rep for that game, they just kept rolling with it after that
I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just regurgitating something an anon said in a dissidia thread months ago, I never even played XI
>>
>>382638864
catgirl whose main purpose is being a jobber.
>>
Shantotto is for nasty sex.
>>
>>382638991
in 14 you're the scions autistic godslayer who gets a word in maybe once every 30minutes of dialogue.
>>
>>382638248
You think you could've made a better choice?

At least she's cute and has a cool voice.
>>
>>382638248
Brown nosing.
>>
She would be cute without the ugly black nose.
>>
>>382640410
Y'stola is popular and is a member of ethe most poular race, that's why.

Shantotto is pure trash.
>>
>>382638248
Weebs and Japs want "cute"/animu shit, so go figure.
>>
>>382638864
The worst part is she's also not even wearing her semi decent heavensward outfit, she's just wearing a plain white cotten shirt and jeans
>>
>>382643334
She got her HW costume when they added alternate costumes.
>>
>>382638729

Other way around friend, in FFXI you were essentially a pleb party member of the NPC cast who were the main characters of the storylines. XI didn't have just one main character and all it's storylines were good, they just picked her because she had sass and was a cute taru.

The real face of FFXI would be a family photo of you and your friends you experienced the game with.
>>
>>382643912
;_;
>>
>>382643456
Thank god she got shelved for all of stormblood, to bad she couldn't stay dead.
>>
File: mithrasit.jpg (53KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
mithrasit.jpg
53KB, 800x640px
I put so many fucking hours into this game when I was younger, I don't play mmorpgs anymore but when I get the itch I still go back to play it now and then.

Nice to see it still getting monthly update patches.
>>
>>382644035
Is that uncle loc in the background?
>>
>>382644035
God damn, that is so much old RoZ-ToAU swag right there.
>>
>>382644196
Back in the day people like that would stand afk in well traveled spots to show off their gear, was kind of funny.

People have no idea how hard that gear was to get by todays standards.
>>
File: 1192327896335.jpg (550KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1192327896335.jpg
550KB, 1920x1080px
>>382644372
I remember the first time I saw someone in PJ with an actual relic, I nearly shit myself. I had only heard about them and never actually seen one, but some DRK was chilling doing some AH shopping with apoc for a few minutes and I took like a billion screenshots and examined the shit out of him.

I still play, but mainly to talk to some friends and help out, I can't be bothered with the current endgame.
>>
>>382644372

The gear system in XI was a lot of fun, it was more of a trophy or souvenir of your journey rather than required stat pages. If you wore something rare/hard to get everyone saw that and knew what you went through to obtain it, you earned a little respect in everyones eyes, genuine respect as everyone liked to talk and help others out.

>tfw get something new and walk through town
>People notice and message you saying grats
>tfw hanging out in town with crazy ass prewotg gear
>lower level players stop and stare, sometimes messaging you and asking questions like you're a rockstar
>>
Who will be the villains for XI and XIV in dissidia?

I want Gaius.
>>
>>382644568
>get a thiefs knife pre nerf
>everyone wants my d

never again will I play a game that fun
>>
>>382644889

Maat, has his own hand to hand/grappling moves and copies half of the opponents moveset.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.