[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weebshit vs Japanese games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: mgs2.jpg (552KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgs2.jpg
552KB, 1920x1080px
What's the difference between weebshit and Japanese games? Do you like both? Discuss.
>>
>>382636214
Weebshit - Japanese games that I don't like
Japanese games - Japanese games that I like.
>>
Japanese games
>MGS
>Souls
>Resident Evil
>Street Fighter
>DMC
>Bayonetta
>Guilty Gear
>Most Nintendo franchises
>Yakuza

Weebshit
>Persona
>Neptunia
>Blazblue
>Fire Emblem
>Tales
>Nier
>>
Why does Japan have such bad taste in Japanese games, but the west has better taste in Japanese games?
>>
>>382636351
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>382636790
Add Persona and Nier to Japanese games. Don't lump them with that crap.
>>
>>382636790
what about smt? is that consider japanese game or weebshit nowadays?
>>
>>382636858
>persona
>not weebshit

After 3, 4 and pesona is full blown weebshit
>>
>>382637031
I'd say that weebshit is poorly written and soley relies on tropes that Otakus like. Persona is far better written than games like the Neptunia series and isn't completely trope filled.

>>382636873
SMT:IV:A is considered weebshit.
>>
>>382636790
Might as well add all nintendo games to the Jap games
>>
>>382636214
>Japanese games
games from Japan.

>Weebshit
games made for the lowest common denominator of fans. Loveless neckbeard neets who live in their mother's basement and won't find a life outside their computers because that's where they can see their "waifu" the most. Despite being a minority, they tend to factor in most of the developer's profits because they're more likey to spend hundreds of dollars just to see that little girl in a bikini show off just a little bit more skim than usual.
>>
File: 1497503088336.png (12KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
1497503088336.png
12KB, 243x243px
>>382637223
>Persona is far better written
>>
>>382636214
When /v/irgins say weebshit, nowadays they mean any game with female characters that are attractive while being made from japan. True weebshit is stuff like Neptunia, Senran, Atelier, basically games that have absolutely 0 redeeming factors other than cute girls. I don't consider myself a weeb or ironic weeb and pretty much exclusively watch surface level stuff, and I loved Nier and Persona. Just because the only thing the cancerous /v/ fanbase talks about are the girls doesn't mean that's all the games are.
>>
Weebshit = Weeb pandering (characters are all tired anime archetypes and waifu bait)
Japanese games = Games that are japanese.
>>
>>382636351
/thread
>>
File: 1498246097611.jpg (297KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498246097611.jpg
297KB, 1280x960px
>>382636790
>>382638112
>>
>>382638243
What is this supposed to mean.
>>
do people not understand stuff like senran is suppose to be a joke
>>
japanese games : games made by japanese people
weebshit games :
>anime artstyle
>shitty writing
>laughable gameplay
>waifu bullshit
>pathetic virgins pandering
>fapbait on screen at all times
>typical shitty jap VA
>dating sim

>>382637539
If you can stand going through hours and hours of anime retardation like persona you're a weeb, sorry to tell you
>>
>>382636214
mgs is westaboo shit.
>>
>>382638243
jesus christ white girls are fucking hideous
>>
>>382638243
god i wish i was there
>>
>>382638243
The fuck are they eating? Tortilla chips with forks?
>>
>>382638626
they are Terry A. Davis tier, he eat chips with forks too
>>
>>382636214
Be careful using mgs images in your OP in the future, e3 didn't kill him.
>>
>>382636214
Fire Emblem Pre-Awakening: Japanese games
Fire Emblem Post-Awakening: Weebshit
>>
I know a lot of people consider Senran Kagura and Neptunia weebshit, but I still enjoy them a lot. People seem to think that they are completely irredeemable, but the gameplay is fun and some of the writing is funny (though it can be quite hit/miss for me).
>>
The weeb games I own are all music and rhyme games except for the one dating sim. I'm not particularly fond of Japanese music but the one thing the Japanese do right is that genre of games.
>>
>>382636214
Weebshit are games that have no substance but get by through pandering. They have mediocre gameplay, mediocre stories, and are overall bland crap that only get's praised for the otaku pandering. For example persona actually has good combat, an interesting story, and a fantastic OST, so it's elevated from weebshit as just a Japanese game. However games like Neptunia or Senrnan Kagura exist basically because of the girls and nothing else. Their gameplay is shit, they look awful, and are overall low quality trash. The only reason they sell is the girls, and it is therefore weebsite
>>
>>382638243
nuke america
>>
>>382638243
>a whole bunch of 3/10s and a very smug solid 6/10 in the middle
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.