[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best civ for killing everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: civilization-5-cover-art.jpg (406KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
civilization-5-cover-art.jpg
406KB, 1000x1000px
What is the best civ for killing everyone
>>
>>382634249
Japan.
>>
Atilla. Battering rams for days
>>
>Marbozir went back to Civ V

Is Civ VI dead? Will an expansion pack be enough to get streamers and youtubers playing again to maybe get people to buy the game?
>>
>>382635581

I don't think you remember just how bad vanilla V was. VI will be fixed with one expansion/universal expansion patch.
>>
>>382635752
I hope so. Even with the community mod every Civ V game has felt sort of the same for a couple of years.
>>
>>382635581
>Is Civ VI dead?
No, it's in the exact same position 4&5 were when they launched where they were worse with the last game+all the DLC, but will be better than the last once it gets expansions.

6 will be better than 5 in a couple years
>>
>>382636509
Its just such a shame that this pattern always repeats itself
>>
personally i love civ 6 and find it a lot more fun and interesting than 5
>>
>>382636509
>IV ever being worse then III
>V ever being better than IV

What did he mean with that shit?
>>
>>382637020
>he still thinks IV is the best

fuck nigga, is it still 2008?
>>
>>382637218
Probably is to him.
>>
>>382636742
I like the enhanced diplomacy but the AI never really takes advantage of it so fuck that.
Also spies are fun, I wish I could sneak spies with nuclear suitcases into my enemies capitals then surprise them by detonating, followed by my army rushing in and taking everything in 20 turns
>>
>>382637450
i like the variety of things you can do to be successful

i like legendary starts and i like the directions you can take in each era
>>
Does V have any big overhaul mod, like Fall From Heavean for IV?
>>
>>382635318
fpbp
>>
>>382636742
>a lot more fun and interesting than
Fuckin how? Civ V with BNW + mods is literally GOAT.
Civ 6 doesn't even come close to it.
>>
>>382637694
diff mechanics
diff enough in general with a variety of leaders

but I'm hoping for new ones because some of them suck
>>
>>382637218
>>382637438
I wish it was though
>>
>>382637694
>Civ V with BNW + mods is literally GOAT.
I got the Civ V complete pack in the Steam sale and just finished a first playthrough. Should I hold off on modding? What's good? This is my first time really getting into the series, or genre really.
>>
>>382638091
makes no sense to mod your second playthrough or even third. They will be different enough and the first major challenge will be to climb up the difficulty.
>>
>>382638432
That's what I was wondering. Obviously I don't want to overhaul it just yet, but I don't know if there's anything that's like a simple fix or quality of life type thing people like to use.
>>
>>382638091
>>382638432
Depends on how autistic you are, but I think something like R.E.D. mod, or those somewhat functional mods that give you dynamic names for empires based on their size, civics and ideology can be integrated into the first few playthroughs just to spice things up. They are basically cosmetic anyways, but they, at least, really work for me to make everything just varied enough.
>>
File: 1497872010768.png (5KB, 546x459px) Image search: [Google]
1497872010768.png
5KB, 546x459px
>Play RTS
>Enjoy the economy aspect
>Hate having to go to war with other players
>Friend recommends me Civilization V as you can win "by having a strong economy and good diplomacy", or so he said
>AI goes apeshit over everything I do
>Eventually everyone betrays me and goes to war with me and every game is won by domination anyway
Fuck this game and fuck my friend.
>>
>>382639145
Just go for culture+economy friend. The more cultural influence you have on them, the less likely they are to go apeshit on you for no reason and exploit your strategic or scientific weakness.
>>
>>382639145
Nobody likes weak people, if you want peace be ready for war
>>
As an Azteceaboo i'm annoyed by how much worse they are represented in 6 relative to 6

>Floating gardens represents their nigh unpeered hydroengineering skills and absurd population growth and harvest yields that tenochtitlan had
>Human sacrifice of captives was represented via their UA
>Said UA also facilitate surronding enemy territory to farm them for culture via long term wars of attrition, which is exactly what the aztecs did irl to conquer territory, pic related, note all of the other states completely encapsulated by aztec territory
>Jaguar warriors are jaguar warriors

It was fucking perfect, the only flaw is their starting bias was jungle for some reason even though they lived in the relatively temperate valley of mexico, not in the jungles (and the maya DIDN'T have a jungle starting bonus even though they were in the southern jungles and it would fit well with their science themed bonuses)
>>
>>382639665
*in 6 relative to 5
>>
>>382639665
>>382639697
Shit, also forgot to say their starting bias shouldn't just not be jungles, it should be lakes instead, because, you know, pic related was the heart of their empire
>>
>>382639237
Culture is so shit though, I haven't even come close to winning by culture influence. It seems I need to build like 8 different wonders just to secure my culture production in the end game, but building those pisses off the AI, or cripples me if the AI builds them first. Same thing when trying to win by completing the space program. Everyone will attempt to stop me by war, so I have to invest in that, and if I'm going to invest in an army then why not just do it well enough to squash the backstabbing motherfuckers?
>>
>>382639145
maybe you'd enjoy games like dawn of discovery or even autism simulators like factorio.
>>
>>382639145
Are you playing vanilla or complete?

The expansions make the AI less asshurt about stuff, and makes the culture/diplomatic stuff more engaging, but the only way to really fix it "entirely" is with the community balance patch
>>
>>382636509
Expansions aren't going to fix intentional design choices or the graphic style.

>The changes to movement make moving around the map feel so sluggish and painful compared to V.
>Diplomacy is a joke and the new agenda system just makes AIs hate you literally just for playing the game.
>Warmongering penalties are still too severe.
>Religion sucks and it's more annoying to get one and spread it than V.

And the fucking graphics. I just can't get behind the new style at all. Have you seen some of the leaders? Have you seen Alexander's face? I mean some are alright, like Theodore is okay, but god damn, especially coming after V. And the map is uglier with the flat, bright colored look they went for. And it even makes shit like grassland hills and some other tiles hard to tell apart from others.

I wanted to like the game, but I don't have high hopes for an expansion to set it right.
>>
>>382636509
But vanilla IV was already a good game. Much, much better than base V and VI.
>>
>>382640006
I think it's complete. Bought the Civ V bundle. That reminds me, is ALL the dlc included or do I have to grab any of the individual DLCs? Also, is the community patch balanced for single player? I don't think I'll play this on multiplayer ever, games are too long.
>>
>>382637530

No, there's nothing besides Vox Populi.
>>
>>382640517
IV had unit stacking. V is better by default for not allowing unit stacking. Fuck unit stacking.
>>
>>382640523
Community balance patch is designed for mp primarily but it also improves single player

>Bought the Civ V bundle.

If it was http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/575/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_V_Complete/ then that's absolutely everything
>>
>>382641471
Thanks. I'll look into the patch, I just hope it doesn't screw over the AI. Main reason why I hate it when the AI chimps out is that it absolutely sucks at war. Why the fuck do they pick wars they know they cannot win? Do they ever go for a cultural/science win? I'm gonna take a good look at all the available mods.
>>
Are the scenarios fun? I think I might do the American Civil War as my second playthrough.
>>
>>382639145
>start a civ game with the intention of going to war
>montezuma kills someone across the map
>everyone lives in peace and harmony forever after

I just can't get fights to start in these stupid games.

6's Cassus Belli system sounded cool but they're all irrelevant or come long after you want to have done something about it.
>>
>>382639836
But they got btfo precisely because of the lake
>>
Is CiV 5 complete still better than CiV 6?
>>
>>382642054
Explain, I am pretty interested in mesoamerican cultures, especially aztec, and I don't recall any element of the spainish conquest that was super important regarding the lake.

Like, yeah, boats with cannons were used during the final siege of tenochtitlan but it was already gg no re by that point, the aztecs had already had a smallpox and famine outbreak inside the city for the past few months and the spainish and tlaxcalla/tontacs were already knocking at their door. Even without the boats, if the aztecs held out the siege, they would have been boned anyways.
>>
>>382642054
And I believe they are still getting rekt to this day because of the lake
>>
>>382642072

If you're a new player, yes.

If you have 1000+ hours in Civ V then VI is better simply because it introduces new things.
>>
>>382642540
For starters, Tenochitlan was incredibly huge, the Spaniards wouldn't be able to encircle it all of the entrances weren't bottlenecked by the couple of causeways. Yes the Aztecs were already in a very bad shape by the siege, and maybe the Spanish, the Tlaxacalans and other allies could maintain a siege if they were cohesive, but they weren't at all.
Keeping the allies around Tenochitlan was a great diplomatic challenge for the conquistadores, and it was only possible because they were doing most of the real fighting on their own. They were massively outnumbered, though they won at Otumba, the same tactic wouldn't work anymore. The geographic was super important, since it negated the Mexican huge numerical advantage, gave the Spanish a great way to support the fight with their superior ranged weaponry, and also made it possible to patrol the lake and keep food and water from reaching the city.

Sure, the Aztecs were already beaten down very badly, and wouldn't be the great power they once were anymore. But the conquest of the city, the destruction of the Aztecs and the Spanish colonial conquest of all of Mexico were only possible because of how the conquest of Tenochitlan happened.
>>
>>382643353
Alright, that makes sense. I still think the region would have been basically devastated by smallpox by this point though even had the siege failed, and it would have been even more ripe for colonization as a result.

Only real way shit could have gone differently is if the Tlaxcallans didn't spare the spainish and ally with them to begin with.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.