[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I a Hipster for wanting to play games on one of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Am I a Hipster for wanting to play games on one of these?
>>
>>382625529
On one of those big fucking heavy things?
>Are you buying one.
yes.
>Do you own one already.
no.

If your looking to buy, just get one of those Sony studio CRT's, small, better color etc.
>>
File: 20150510_230315.jpg (253KB, 1600x1446px) Image search: [Google]
20150510_230315.jpg
253KB, 1600x1446px
No you're just an idiot.

Go with pic related. You don't need anything bigger.
>>
>>382625529
Yes. Any more stupid questions aside from you also being a faggot?
>>
Yes. Now that everything is in hd and ultra hd and hdr and all that bullshit, going back to these is freaking jarring. You ask yourself how did we ever watch tv in these things.
>>
>>382625660

Why are you being so mean?
>>
>>382625529
Clearly a melee fag, so yes
>>
>>382625529
No it makes you a meleefag
>>
Just use a gaming monitor with less than 3ms input lag
>>
File: ct.jpg (439KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ct.jpg
439KB, 3000x2000px
No. youre just developing signs of patricianhood
>>
>>382625529
Holy shit, check the curves on that Mitsubishi
>>
>>382626324
>jp21 connection
nani
>>
>>382625529
You're not a hipster if you ask others if you are.
>>
>>382626131
Then you'll be playing on a TN panel with shitty colors.
>>
>>382626928
JUST SCART MY SHIT UP
>>
As long as you dont give a shit what people think, and know that old consoles cant handle running on a flat screen because it looks like shit no. My wife thinks its great, one time we tried playing dr mario on the flat screen and she said it hurt her eyes.
>>
>>382625529
As someone who has had to move a 32 inch crt, fuck that.
>>
>>382625659
I don't know what it is about small TVs and old vidya but that shit is so fucking comfy. Mine is a 25 inch Sony but I definitely would prefer something smaller like a 15 inch.
>>
If you're doing it because some stupid fucks on some social website or what ever told you to and or you are trying to earn brownie points by doing it, then yes.

If you're doing it because it's what many retro games were built, designed, and expected to be played on and legitimately want to experience those games as such, then no. This becomes a yes if you boast about doing it how ever as that's Hipster attention whoring.
>>
>>382627331
only downside
>>
>>382627779
>if you're doing it for stupid reasons then yes
>if you're doing it for legit reasons then no

I hope you fucked up otherwise get the hell out faggot.
>>
File: super mario world.png (3MB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [Google]
super mario world.png
3MB, 1920x1082px
Why when you can just use filters? Let's be honest, filters aren't actually that bad for being free.
>>
>>382625529
Yes. They hurt my eyes and make annoying sounds.
>>
>>382628195
>CRT
>not free
get a load of this guy
also
>using filters
>ever
>>
>>382628368
>the sound it makes when it comes on
i had to hide the sound so I can play games at night. its like dial up. letting everyone know what you are doing at night...
>>
>10 years ago
>You could plug in your video card to a CRT and play emulated games in style

>Try it 2 years ago
>No longer supported
>Have to buy like a downscaler and digital to analog converter for something like $200

where did it all go so wrong
>>
>>382625529
Were you born after the year 2000? Yes. Do you already own consoles earlier than the PS2 that you bought or were given before the year 2000? No. Did you buy a NES or SNES off of ebay after never having touched one before? Yes. Do you want to buy a CRT because of a youtube video you saw about le retro consoles? Yes. Do you already have multiple CRTs laying around your house/garage but they all look like shit and you want to buy a nice PVM or something to play your old games in high quality? No.
>>382625659
I had this exact piece of dogshit Sylvania as my only way to play games for like 15 years. I played almost every Xbox 360 game I own on it.
>>
Watch that smug alert episode of South Park to get an idea of what CRT fags are like, there was a study comparing people playing on lcd vs CRT and the miniscule different to reaction speeds was too small to matter for skill, maybe if you have a legitimately shit lcd with like a 100ms delay then you're fucked but most monitors tend to have betwwen 10-20ms delay and that's a completely negligible value.
>>
>>382629000
I always imagined a guy walking into his mom's room, plugging in his console to his mom Vizio TV that she bought at walmart because 'it had good color' and basing all his judgements off of that one example.
>>
>>382625529
It all depends. Anything 6th gen and back was designed with CRTs in mind and looks like garbage on HD TVs. From 7th gen to now, play in HD.
>>
>>382629000
HD televisions have to upscale a 240p/480i signal to 480p or higher and it looks bad and introduces noticeable control delay. This is a fact.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.