[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people just emulate the originals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: 1489262938107.png (1MB, 771x944px) Image search: [Google]
1489262938107.png
1MB, 771x944px
>>
Because emulation is for fags in most cases.
>>
>>382625243
A few reasons

>muh graphix
>muh updated music and sound effects (music isnt as good as the originals though to be fair)
>can play as coco
>time trials for all levels in Crash 1 and 2 as well as 3
>rumored DLC for the cut content in the original game
>new challenge in the first game since you have to break all boxes in all bonus rounds
>three games for 40 bucks which will hopefully bring about a CTR remake with online multiplayer and leaderboards
>>
I don't get the big deal with these games? You're just running down hallways.
>>
>>382625243
Nigger I've had the originals since they came out.
>>
>>382625243
>>
Woah
>>
>>382626734
This, but for fighting games. It's just a tech demo for real games.
>>
>>382626837
no one emulates wii fuck off we're talking emulating a PS1
>>
File: 1487889441876.jpg (49KB, 374x358px) Image search: [Google]
1487889441876.jpg
49KB, 374x358px
>>382627691
>no one emulates wii
>>
>>382627740
Most people emulate the gamecube version of TP
>>
>>382625243
they do
they can play both
>>
>>382627837
Point still stands, why don't they just emulate the gamecube version
>>
>>382625243
because this one is in fur-k
>>
>>382625243
Will it come to PC?
>>
Some people like updated graphics and games lumped into one collection.
>>
>>382625243
Because I hope this does well enough to have Spyro remakes.
>>
>>382625243
Why does /v/ eat up every Final Fantasy HD port when they don't even benefit from things like more draw distance
>>
>>382625243
Because it's the superior version and improves on a lot of the problems that the originals had.
>>
>>382629750
It also introduces a new problem which only becomes apparent in High Road.

Patch when
>>
>>382625243
Because Crash 1 genuinely needed a re-engineering, the 1996 game had a terrible save system and input lag hard coded in, which the sequel fixed. Back porting Crash 3's time attack relics is a very nice bonus. Optionally remaking the other two games is an even bigger bonus. $40 for the whole package makes it a good product. Now fuck off.
>>
>>382629943
>Crash 1 remake fixes the antiquated save system and the checkpoint boxes thing
>But it also changes the physics and makes jumps even more pixel-perfect and tricky than they already were

Not sure how to feel
>>
>>382629875
Actually I agree with that. High road fucked me up good.
>>
>>382630112
I'm hearing mixed things about physics and I can't wait to try it out when I finally get a PS4. Is it lag or what's going on here?
>>
>>382630427

No, it's just not QUITE the same feeling. I think it's as close as you could reasonably get.

He's right though, it does make some parts of Crash 1 harder. The turtle jumps on the rope bridge levels are tighter for example.
>>
>>382630427
In the originals if you were just barely on the edge of a platform you'd be able to stand on it safely

Here they sort of gave you more 'weight' so it's the opposite, if you just hit the edge instead of being squarely on a platform, you slide off and die

It makes jumps in general a lot harder than they used to be, you really have to make sure you jump at the last possible moment to clear a lot of gaps now
>>
>>382629875
whats the problem, soap edges?
>>
why are people struggling with the high Road so much?
>>
>Crash 1 is hard mode

Okay I need to buy this game now
>>
to support more crash being made
>>
>>382626591
>which will hopefully bring about a CTR remake with online

Being this deluded

kek
>>
>>382626734

DUDE, REDUCTIONIST, LMAO
>>
>>382630857
Because /v/ is full of casual faggots
>>
>>382630857

They changed the way jumping works in Crash 1 just enough that it's throwing veterans off their balance

non-vets are just not used to pixel perfect jumps
>>
>>382625243
On one hand it makes Crash 1 not as fucktarded in design to a degree.
On the other hand Crash is ever so slightly slower and the platform edges must be rounded or some shit, which makes the games even harder than they used to be.
>>
>>382631038
>to support more crash being made
By who exactly? You understand that these games haven't been redesigned in anyway, just given a graphics makeover. Actually designing a new game is an entirely different ballpark.
>>
>>382631439
>just graphics
Source? The game clearly feels different to me
>>
>>382631431
how does it differ? do you lose speed less rapidly or something?
>>
>>382631439
It was built from the ground up you fucking idiot, it was literally stated a million times.

Now fuck off back to neogaf
>>
>>382631649
It's harder to stand on the edge of certain objects. In a way, it points out all the people who barely made it onto the platforms back in the day like myself.
>>
Because we need to support the developer to show them that we still want good crash games
>>
>>382631995
>good
>crash
>games
pick 1
>>
>>382626734
This, but with racing games. You're just running down hallways really fast.
>>
>>382631551
>>382631686
Holy fucking shit where did you utter idiots come from? Why are you here on this website? The game is fundamentally the same. The level design is the same. The visuals themes are the same. The soundtracks use the same songs. How fucking stupid do you have to be to not comprehend that the N Sane trilogy is not in any way comparable to making a new Crash game?
>>
>>382632192
calm down little buddy
>>
File: 1498935019892m.jpg (153KB, 812x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498935019892m.jpg
153KB, 812x1024px
>>382632025
I pick crash which is indicative of the other 2 anyways
>>
>>382632192
>Holy fucking shit where did you utter idiots come from?

This is bait, right?

Yes, the game is the fucking same, holy shit you're a fucking genius.

All of the coding and graphics were completely built as if it were a brand new game.

Kill your fucking self, please.
>>
>>382625243

Emulation is not appealing to most people.
>>
How the fuck do I emulate Crash 2 on EPSXE? It runs like shit and full of glitches
>>
no HD
>>
>>382632536
Learn to follow a conversation before you open your retarded mouth
>>382631439
>>
>>382632707
>EPSXE
Using a real emulator would help
>>
>>382632192
Do you have some syndrome or some kind of language processing disorder?

>You understand that these games haven't been redesigned in anyway, just given a graphics makeover

I'll bet you still don't get it. Go get your mom or handler and ask her to explain what 'hasn't been redesigned in any way' means.

Ill bet she suggests to your teachers you get held back another year
>>
>>382633191
Name a single change to the level layouts in the remakes.
>>
>>382625243
cause muh piracy
muh tech illiteracy
muh computers are racist
>>
>>382626591
>new challenge in the first game since you have to break all boxes in all bonus rounds
New challenge for what? Wasn't the original incentive being able to save for beating it?
>>
>>382633676
The point was to keep them the same, there were technically no changes to them.

The difference is the coding and the art assets.

Fuck off.
>>
Original looks lile SHIT
>>
>>382633676
Ok I get it. You don't realize there is more to a game than graphics. See anon, someone has to program the way the game behaves. Behind the graphics to say there is a system that decides what your input does (like pushing x to jump) and how the world reacts (falling to your death).

Here's a quote from VV

With all of that in mind, we started our work. Using the original level geometry from Naughty Dog as a guide, we rebuilt the Crash gameplay from scratch, capturing its simplicity and precision. As the levels began to take shape, we layered in our own lush and zany art, animation, and audio.

What they mean by level geometry can be understood by you to mean they are copying the basic essence of the original levels, but remaking it in their hand.
>>
>>382626591
>CTR remake with online multiplayer and leaderboards
I'll never happen and if it does it'll suck
But if that did happen then I would beat my dick until it was broken and splayed.
>>
A better question OP is why doesn't the game have that feature every other game with a visual revamp has where you can flick between old/new on the fly.
>>
>>382632707
Use a different GPU plugin, I recommend the Peops DirectDraw software renderer. Despite the "software" being in the title it's actually pretty fast and accurate. It would also help if you have a good CD rip of the game.

>>382632707
ePSXe is fine, I played through that game on that emu with no problems inb4 werks 4 me.
>>
>>382635158
cause it's built from the ground up
it's not just a re-skin

maybe games can do that, i dunno
>>
>>382634864
>>382634980
Still neither of you are able to name a single piece of original creative design in the N Sane trilogy, okay feel free to kill yourselves now.
>>
>>382635619
Run the logic of the original game, then have two graphics engines running simultaneous (old and revamped).

It's the way to have your cake and eat it too with regards to ensuring the physics are identical to the original (to not offend purists) as well as a new graphical coat. It's how Halo 1/2 Anniversary did it.
>>
>>382625243

It fixed Crash 1's save system. That alone is cause for celebration. Seriously, that shit was dumb on release and woefully antiquated by the time Crash 2 came out. It needed revamping.
>>
>>382636394
Did ND intend for people to try and beat Crash 1 in a single sitting with that shitty-ass save system?

>reach hard-as-nails level
>backtrack to an easier one you know you can guarantee a bonus level to get a save menu from
>>
>>382635792
Problem is that the original source code for Crash is lost after Naughty Dog lost the rights to it.
>>
>>382626837
>On demand transformation button
>Amiibo dungeon
>Tear collecting is pretty much halved.
>Gave you a massive wallet at the start compared to your always maxed out one in the GC/Wii versions.
Only real thing the GC/Wii version has over the Wii U version is better Epona controls and several skips for speedrunning.
>>
>>382626837

TP HD fixed a lot of faults and looks much better
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.