[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played a Tales game before, is this worth picking up for PC/PS4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Never played a Tales game before, is this worth picking up for PC/PS4?
>>
Yes. It's quite good, and you don't need to play the previous game to understand it.

The story made me love Tales all over again. It's long, and some parts stretch on too long or simply don't make sense, but when it's good it's REALLY fucking good. The good moments far outweigh the mediocre and bad ones. The whole cast is good too. Even the pettanko witch who looks like she belongs in a bargain-bin LN series.
>>
File: TalesArticle_06[1].jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TalesArticle_06[1].jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
the Tales series has such a childish veneer to it, but /some/ of them have pretty serious, touching, or even 'DEEP' stories. I would recommend you play Symphonia first. It's a bad idea to buy the shiny new expensive one before getting a feel for the other games.
>>
>>382601448

A wolf among us is MUCH MUCH better.
>>
>>382602810
>Telltale garbage better than anything
>>
Don't buy Berseria it will put you off Tales of games forever. The only reason it gets praised on /v/ is because of waifu fags who overlook the fact the game's combat is spammy and boring, the second half of the story completely drops the ball, and that the entire game is linear as fuck.

If you want to start playing Tales, go with eithier Abyss, Vesperia, or Symphonia.
>>
>>382602767

Don't listen to this guy.

Symphonia is good, but it hasn't aged well at all. I'm nostalgic for "classic" Tales as much as anyone but if OP's looking for a Tales game to jump into, it should be Berseria. It's the best of what the new Tales games have to offer and a good indication of what they're going to be like going forward.

Again, ToS ISN'T BAD. It's quite good, and it was also my first Tales game. But it's not good for a newcomer who wants to see what the current batch of games are like.
>>
File: 1486669112486.png (653KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486669112486.png
653KB, 1280x720px
>>382601448
You bet it is.
>>
>>382603825
What a cute boy.
>>
>>382601448
It has an alright story but you have to completely gimp yourself for the combat to have any sort of difficulty, it ain't no Abyss or Vesperia.
>>
>>382603825
F L A T
L
A
T
>>
From a long time tales fan the last couple games in the world with malevolence and shepherds have been absolute garbage
>>
>>382603825
what about eizen?
>>
Who is the cutest girl?
>>
File: 9a134f3594db0b992b8ea3fe57be2d03.jpg (437KB, 969x1071px) Image search: [Google]
9a134f3594db0b992b8ea3fe57be2d03.jpg
437KB, 969x1071px
>>382605972
Eizen who?
>>
>>382601448
Yes. Play every tales game if you like action-oriented JRPGs.
>>
>>382601448
Sure, it's a decent JRPG with likable characters.
>>
>>382603702
>generic anime trash is better than anything
>>
>>382601448
it's mediocre and has a very cliched anime story. the worst part is that the dialogue sections actually use anime art and frequently reference anime tropes.

it's worth a pirate if you feel like turning your brain off while you mash the same combo over and over again
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.