[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: prey 2017.jpg (348KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prey 2017.jpg
348KB, 1280x720px
Is this shit worth 40 bucks on Steam?
>>
>>382598048
Just about to finished with the cracked version and I can honestly say I wouldn't even pay 10 bucks for it. The game is schizophrenic, it does not know what kind of game it want's to be, either a survival horror, a stealth or an actual shooter, it tries to do all these things, but does none of them well. The enemy designs are different black tar monsters and the gameplay is slowed down so consoles can keep up, but aren't particularly fun. The enemies throw shit at you that you often can't dodge, they teleport around to right in front of you if they can as well. Generally you'll shoot a tar monster from afar, it'll do a slow moving ranged attack or aoe ground attack that's, even if its slow moving, can be hard to dodge, or it'll teleport right into your face. The mimics are basically headcraps but with shitty A.I. and is supposed to jumpscare you, but you get ways of identifying them and you can just hit random stuff and find them that way before they can change.
>>
>>382598048
Yes. It's a pretty good immersive sim, only let down by some boring monster designs. You can tell there was a lot of care put into building the space station, easily worth 40 bucks
>>
>>382599371
Cont.
The narrative isn't particularly interesting to me at least. I've heard the sidequests should be the better part of the narrative, but the sidequests I've done have been laughably short. It does not make up for the stale combat.

Environments are pretty, but there's only so much they do with the interior of the space station being what it is. You'll see a lot of the same things after some hours into the game and only really the space travel outside and a few other areas offer a substantial change to the environment.
Flying around looks nice, but is tedious to do at best. Bad combat is severely enhanced because of the restricted movement and the enemies are anoying to say the least when they pursue with aoe attacks that can't be dodged, or when there's a cluster that explodes into tiny exploding tar fucks.

The voices are well done, but outside of the main characters, the people who inhabit the station looks like crap. Luckily you'll mostly get narrated to by voice.
>>
No.
>>
>>382598048
Been playing it for the past few days. If you can get it for $10-$15 then get it. $40 is too much. The game is not so good. It's one of those games that shamelessly copies other games but fails to do anything as well as the games it copies.
>>
>>382600210
Cont.
The game is also very buggy, it crashed for me several times, and there were a part of the main quest I couldn't complete because I had listened to a particular conversation. I don't know if it's fixed in the newer patches, but It shows that the game was rushed to some degree.
So far I'm 10 hours in and I believe I am about finished with the main quest, where I've also finished some sidequests and dicked about as much as I could stand. The 10 hours have felt like 30.
I forgot to mention you get like 5 different weapons, and then some abilities that you need to scan black tar to optain. At one point I had scanned a particular black tar monster, only to realize I needed to scan an unknown black tar monster to be able to upgrade another ability so that I could upgrade the abilities I had unlocked. Idiotic.
>>
I pirated it, finished it in about 17h and I'll never get that time back. It's boring as fuck. The gun play is fucking terrible, you can see the ending coming a miles a way, but the atmosphere and sound design are great.

I'm so glad I didn't pay for it. To me, the best games in the "series" will forever be System Shock 2 and Bioshock 1, all others are complete trash.
>>
File: 1496957605135.gif (1MB, 284x261px) Image search: [Google]
1496957605135.gif
1MB, 284x261px
>nail the atmosphere and environments
>completely fuck up the weapon/enemy variety

Even if System Shock 2 didn't balance for shit, at least it had a great weapon and enemy variety.
>>
>>382601156
dude, I started by reading all documents and doing sidequests, but after like 10h I just couldn't do it anymore. It talks way too much for such an uninteresting story, it needs to shut the fuck up so you can actually play.

Also, I can't be the only one that at some point in the game I started getting terrible frame drops out of nowhere, one area specifically in end game tanked to 30fps on my 1060, fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>382598048
funny, I payed it 30 bucks on G2A on launch.

It's worth 30 bucks, it's a good 35 hours of gameplay if you wanna do every quest, and the level design is very good and allows very different play stiles.
I would pay 40 for it, honestly
>>
>>382602234
>If you wanna do every quest
Why would you want to do that?
>>
of course no, its a bethesda game
>>
Easily, it's excellent.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.