[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of the 3D Castlevania good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cv64b.jpg (29KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
cv64b.jpg
29KB, 320x240px
Are any of the 3D Castlevania good?
>>
Bloodborne is, yeah.
>>
>>382597056
All of them, pleb
>>
>>382597056
I actually quite like the 64 version and it's updated version. Finally beat the game a couple years ago. Sure after SOTN it feels like ass, but it's really just traditional castlevania in 3D. IMO, it's a hell of a lot better than the SOTN style 3D Castlevania games. Those ones lost the entire feeling of horror that the original N64 one had.
>>
>>382597056
The N64 games are so underrated, the atmosphere of the game was quite good and it nailed the castlevania style, the music was also pretty good.
>>
If you want a new Castlevania to play check out Dead Cells.
>indie
I know, but it's actually good.
>early access
Yeah, I know, I really do, I'd usually never bother with that either but they're releasing content in finished sets like Darkest Dungeon did and what is there right now is fucking fantastic and easily worth the money. You can probably pirate it too if you're still going to be pissy about it.
>>
>>382597056
Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness are harmless, and with the right mindset are enjoyable. Everything else not so much.
>>
>>382599368
Speaking of that game, I don't EVER play early access until it's finished because I fucking hate the feeling of something being unfinished. And I won't want to either replay to get to the new stuff or play it like its' a damn episodic game (which shouldn't exist in the first place).

So, when is that game gonna be finished?
>>
>>382599368
You wrote all that in a thread about 3D Castlevanias.
>>
Lords of Shadow
>>
>>382597056
CoD>LoI>>>N64 Games>>>>Castlevania the Arcade>>>Castlevania the Minecraft game>>>>>>LoS

And still, the best 3dvania I ever played was Zelda.
>>
the whole point is playing as carrie and going for upskirts
>>
>>382599623
I don't know, I wish I could tell you. I can say though it'd take you quite a while to hit any sort of end to the current content, and there isn't really something to go back and replay in this game since you start back at the beginning on death, so if there is new content in the areas you've cleared or something they're not hard to run over to.

>>382599625
I did because I figured if you're asking if any of the 3D ones are any good it's because you've played the 2D ones and want something new. This is something new, albeit not 3D, but it's worth looking into if you like Castlevania.
>>
>>382600004
Wait what? The game has permanent death always on?
>>
File: 20170629154128_1.jpg (119KB, 1360x770px) Image search: [Google]
20170629154128_1.jpg
119KB, 1360x770px
>>382600136
The set up is weird, and if I explain it it will probably sound bad, it certainly does to me, but having played it I loved the hell out of it.

You don't get one giant interconnected area, instead you get maps like this for each zone. Zones tend to have multiple exits so they do connect to different places. When you die you lose your current gear and your temp upgrades (health, overall damage) but you keep your traversal upgrades so you can get to later areas faster. There are also upgrades you can permanently unlock for each weapon or piece of gear, but you still have to find said weapon or gear each life. The maps change every time as does what gear is where and what the effects on the gear are, which is something I absolutely fucking hate in most games, but here it has worked really well and I've enjoyed myself.

Honestly I really think the game needs to be tried before you form an opinion on it, as said, I imagine it's not hard to pirate, it's just definitely worth checking out if you like Castlevania and the like.
>>
>>382600482
So it's not a refined handmade map like SOTN or Hollow Knight? It's a randomized/procedural map like Binding of Isaac or that game about Knights with 4 bosses and a final boss?

Yeah, idk, I like the metroidvania aspect of these type of games. Not sure if this will work that well for me. Will give it a try. Thanks.
>>
>>382600816
>So it's not a refined handmade map like SOTN or Hollow Knight? It's a randomized/procedural map like Binding of Isaac or that game about Knights with 4 bosses and a final boss?
I don't know how randomized it is because so far I have yet to come across anything where I went "oh boy, random sure fucked up this time".

And yes, sure, it's like that, except each map is like what I posted, so it's still a big (usually) interlocking thing in a contained zone (there are a couple permanent set up things per map too), and to be fair I hate the type of things you're talking about, I don't like randomized games. I like Metroidvania because of level design and the map, etc. (among other things of course).

That's why I'm actually pushing this, because for whatever reason, this works for me, despite the fact it really shouldn't. And again, not pushing to buy, just try, because I think it will surprise people in how they will enjoy it.
>>
Dead Cells is alright, but it's a lot more like other indie roguelites than a Castlevania game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.