[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post your favorite game and explain why it's your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
So.. Dark souls dropped in a time when games were holding your hand more than ever. Going into dark souls blind was a fucking revelation.. Just being dropped into a world with no explanation was literally the last thing I expected in that era. I was so used to games just giving me answers. Dark souls gave me nothing but question after question and it was probably one of the more exciting things I've ever experienced in gaming.

Up to that point I was so used to being the focal point of every gaming world I played in. Dark souls is probably the first game that ever made me feel like a cog in a huge machine that I just kinda fell into. It was totally indifferent to me and my entire existence. The first NPC you talk to in the main world.. basically tells you.. "Want some answers? Go ring a bell. Wanna know what it does? Too bad fuck boy, nobody knows, you suck cock and chances are you won't find out either"
I've honestly never had a game treat me like that and it truly felt like an adventure.

That's just the tip of the ice berg.. The world kept surprising me with it's art direction and imagination at every fucking turn. The sense of adventure and dread never let up.

I really doubt I'll ever have another gaming experience like it in my life desu.
>>
>>382593782
I hate I didnt really get the blind experience. Most cool things were spoiled to me. But i still love this game as well. As much shit as it gets there is a reason people cant stop talking about it.
>>
>>382594072
Same here, I still enjoyed a lot the game, I think I haven't enjoyed a game that much since I was a child.
>>
Tetris (nullpomino)
>Many game modes and settingsto tweek to preferred playing style
>can always get better
>can dick around with challenges
>never gets boring
>>
File: wall_1.jpg (539KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wall_1.jpg
539KB, 1024x768px
I don't know that I can say anything that isn't already known
I can play this game over and over to this day, it just keeps me entertained
>>
Fallout NV:
>good story and characters
>player variety and replayability
>good world building
>knows when to take itself seriously and when not to
>also a bunch of themes and design choices that i personally enjoy
>>
>>382595450
>Tetris (nullpomino)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UWYgus0MWE
wtf man
>>
>>382595868

I tried this for the first time recently. It's way too easy compared to the few other castlevania I've played.
>>
>>382596137
It's def easy but I like the choice you're offered to play the game
yeah you can farm some OP sword and cheese the game but you also have to option to use something fun and it forces you to completely change your playstyle and go about things in a completely different way
you're right though, def one of the easier CV if not the easiest one
>>
File: Exploration in Skyrim.png (118KB, 1480x2731px) Image search: [Google]
Exploration in Skyrim.png
118KB, 1480x2731px
>>382593782
>Dark souls dropped in a time when games were holding your hand more than ever.

THIS. So sick of games with a gigantic arrow and a map showing you exactly where to go to the next scripted objective.
>>
Thing I hated most about my first souls experience was running in circles trying to figure out where to go and at what point in the story.

The later games became a bit more obvious except for two and that part when you have to move the pillar by giving the faith lady souls.

I just felt like I was banging my head against a wall sometimes trying to navigate the game, especially If I left it a week or two had no idea where to go.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.