[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you minmax in videogames /v/? why? why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1496736228584.jpg (230KB, 586x906px) Image search: [Google]
1496736228584.jpg
230KB, 586x906px
do you minmax in videogames /v/?
why? why not?
>>
Depends on the game.
>>
File: forza overtakes webm.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
forza overtakes webm.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>382592369
Only on a second run/character and if it's not a big pain in the ass. I'll "min max" in racing games because it really only takes an hour or two to get that extra edge. Fuck doing it in Pokemon or Dragons Dogma where that shit takes forever or dampens the main experience of the game until you're "finally ready".
>>
>>382592369
No i usually like to be the jack of all trades it feels good being able to do a bit of everything and in multiplayer games i might not be able to be the best a certain tasks but being able to assist or pick up the slack of a teammate is a nice feeling
>>
Yes. Doesn't matter the game
>why?
Severe clinical obsessive compulsive disorder. I hate it. I want to sit back, relax, and play games but I have to do extensive research and character planning on what is absolutely best
>>
File: friendly reminder.jpg (35KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
friendly reminder.jpg
35KB, 600x675px
Unless it's something that's easy to do and of significant benefit then I can't be arsed.
>>
>>382592369

Because jack of all trades are masters at nothing.
>>
>>382592369
I don't mix\max but if something makes the game easy and itself is easy to use, I spam the hell out of it.
>>
File: 1499022247744.jpg (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1499022247744.jpg
10KB, 235x235px
>>382592369
If I can respec without any substantial consequence, I minmax to test the viability of twinked out builds. My most successful build in Dark Souls 2 was some bullshit lightning Drakeblood Greatsword crown of iron flynn's ring bullshit. It was effective to the point of not being fun.

generally speaking i don't enjoy regular play with super twinky characters, but after awhile it's fun to explore the mechanics of the game, however mundane the result
>>
>>382592369
I'll generally give it a shot on a first playthrough, but I'll probably neglect to take some important factor into account and end up way off target. I tend not to sweat it, since I'll research shit and do some proper minmax faggotry on successive plays.
>>
File: ayaha aversa.png (375KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ayaha aversa.png
375KB, 800x450px
Depends how far out of the way I have to go for it. I can gladly play Pokemon and not give a shit about EVs or IVs whatsoever, like any casual playing. But something as simply as positive natures are ridiculously hard to ignore because I KNOW I can easily do it.

The biggest offender of this type of min/maxing is FFVIII. Junction and Draw were such retarded abilities to break your characters, but it honestly felt like if I DIDN'T sit and draw Life from a boss for 15 minutes then I was being an idiot and intentionally weakening my characters.

I do tend to prefer games like pic related where putting in about 20 minutes of extra thought into your setup can make a world of difference in gameplay. Make it feel better than just blindly mashing through.
>>
>>382592369
If it matters I will, but in games like Dragons Dogma where it does not I do not.
>>
>>382592369
first playthrough, always no

second playthrough/going for completion, yes
>>
>>382592369
that's the cutest girl I've seen in my life and she's from an anime. what the fuck.
>>
>>382592369
I do. I hate it because it often lowers my enjoyment of the game but I always do it anyway.
>>
File: 1678236178.jpg (739KB, 864x1383px) Image search: [Google]
1678236178.jpg
739KB, 864x1383px
>>382595058

she's the biggest DORK too
>>
>>382592369
it sucks to be weaker than the content you can reach
falling into noobtraps feels bad
taking forever when you fight a tough enemy can end up being a ridiculous waste of time, solely because you made the wrong decisions
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.