[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STALKER mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: header[1].jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
40KB, 460x215px
Decided to finally give STALKER a try and it seems like it is recommend to use a lot of mods.

The one I see mentioned a lot is Call of Chernobyl that combines the three games' missions and areas.

How would you recommend someone play STALKER right now? Any guides or mod packs to look at?
>>
>>382590591
http://www.moddb.com/mods/starter-pack
>>
>>382590591
There is no reason to play with mods on a first playthrough unless you are playing Clear Sky.
>>
>>382590591

Play vanilla first
play call ofpripyat vanilla second
play call of chernobyl (mod) third and stay at it
>>
play stalker complete first time
>>
>>382590952
never do this
>>
>>382590591
people like you who want everyone else to spoonfeed and do everything for you make me sick

go visit the /vg/ thread faggot
>>
>>382590591
Everyone will tell you to play without mods first, and they're right. Play it unmodded first, then if you dig it you can try mods like AMK or the like according to what you enjoy about the games.

Enjoy, stalker. I'm in the middle of my first playthrough of CoP right now.
>>
Make sure you play on master difficulty, as it raises bullet damage both ways. Enemies are bullet sponges in easier settings
>>
>>382590952
OP don't you dare to listen to this fuckwad.
>>
>>382591147

I recommend and strongly advise against this at the same time. The people there are harsher then the zone itself
>>
>>382590952
this, you won't enjoy stalker unless it with complete mod
>>
>>382591147
There are differing opinions on this from everyone, this thread included now. That is why I'm asking people who've actually played the game.

>>382590952
>>382591035
>>382591498
>>382591575

Is complete different from the Call of Chernobyl mod?
>>
>>382590591
Everyone will tell you to play ~vanilla (ZRP + eye candy) first and they're completely wrong

Unless you're a console babby and never played player unfriendly PC games like system shock

SoC progression is retarded, begining of the game is shit, quests are trash but the story is kinda endearing

CoCk + gun mods is the shortcut to what's stalkan is all about: spooky world filled with emergent gameplay

Playing campaign first spoils a lot of the mystery
>>
>>382591719
call of chernobyl combine stalker soc with cop
stalker complete is complete stalker
>>
>>382590591

stalker shoc is the best
wanna know why?

>because in the bloodsucker tunnel you can find a secret stash with a modded ak
>>
>>382590914
There is no reason not to play Shadow of Chernobyl without ZRP
>>
>>382591719
Complete is more for ppl who have played and beaten SOC, its more of a second playthrough mod, it has fast travel and a bunch of other game breaking things that would ruin your first experiance with the game
>>
>>382590591
I just recently started playing Stalker SOC for the first time and I am absolutely loving it. The only mod I installed was the Zone Reclamation Project which, from what I understand, is mostly bug fixes. ZRP is a small download and very easy to install, and Vanilla Stalker SOC is probably fine too. Just jump into it.
>>
>>382592114
fucking double negatives, I mean no reason to play SoC without ZRP
>>
>>382591719
>>382591575
Stay away from Complete. Honestly. Go unmodded your first time.
>>
>>382591410
Stop spreading this myth fagget
>>
File: stalkerimg.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalkerimg.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>382590591
>>
File: stalkerimg2.jpg (635KB, 1200x1816px) Image search: [Google]
stalkerimg2.jpg
635KB, 1200x1816px
>>382590591
>>382592529
>>
>>382592328
CoC wise master is retarded
>enemies take AP ammo like kisses
>player loses 90% health +red bleed while wearing exoskeleton from a 556 boolit

Vanilla SoC tho, master all the way
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.