[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot opinion coming through. Vanilla skyrim is actually a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 20110821113749.jpg (55KB, 620x340px) Image search: [Google]
20110821113749.jpg
55KB, 620x340px
Hot opinion coming through. Vanilla skyrim is actually a good game and at least waaaaay better then it gets credit for.

Pros:

Fantastic environment with loads to explore
Actually an RPG unlike FO4 and TW3
Fantastic soundtrack
Very intuitive and rewarding leveling system
Great quest variety
The dlc was very good
Good solid gear choices
Covenants
Shouts are fun as fuck
Memorable characters and lore

Cons:
Radiant quests
Flimsy combat
So-so voice acting

All in all.. The pros far outweigh the cons and it's easily bethesdas best work.
>>
>this place is such an echo chamber no one will admit to liking vanilla skyrim.
>>
>>382589339
>rewarding leveling system
It doesn't feel rewarding when you can breeze through most of the game after gaining a few levels, much less when you can level up infinitely fast and easy, hence ruining the point of builds

>Great quest variety
"Fetch me an item in that cave full of draugrs" is not great quest variety. Also, most quests have only one outcome, leaving no way to roleplay in them

>Memorable characters
Memorable only because of their one-liners and meme responses, not because they themselves are interesting
>>
What are some good erotic mods for Skyrim? What can I even do with them?
>>
>>382589339
I found Skyrim just as fun as Morrowind and a big step up from Oblivion, but after getting into Dragon's Dogma and the Souls series I just can't go back to Elder Scrolls combat.
>>
>>382589339
>Actually an RPG unlike FO4 and TW3
All three of these games are right on the margin of what should be considered an RPG. They're all bad in this respect.

>Fantastic soundtrack
Yes

>Covenants
All of them are terrible. All of them.

>Memorable characters and lore
Kek

>So-so voice acting
I would actually list this as a pro since Oblivion was even worse and it doesn't really apply to Morrowind.
>>
>>382589339
Absolutely adore it, first run is probably the most fun I've ever had with a video game.
>>
1. The level system is shit
2. "Difficulty" isn't even a slider, it's just asking you if you want to waste more time killing damage sponges than doing anything interesting
3. Less customization options than even Oblivion.
4. The soundtrack was actually rather bad. Even for Western games. It somehow managed to have a worse soundtrack than Terraria and Minecraft, which released at the same time.
5. There is fuck all for quest variety.
6. It's barely, BARELY, a passable RPG
7. The environments are dull, uninteresting, ugly, and somehow worse than Carnivores: Ice Age, a game with similar environments released in 2001 (10 years prior to Skyrim)

All in all, the only good points of Skyrim are
>The DLC was alright
>It was a somewhat passable RPG in a decade when RPGs are essentially dead, outside of Xenoblade, Atelier, and Tales of.

The game was shit. 5/10. Failure. It could've passed with flying colors, despite everything else, if the gameplay was at least good.
>>
>Great quest variety
Stopped reading there.
>>
I liked Skyrim and it was a funy game. Ended up putting 600 hours into it. But it is without a doubt one of the buggiest games I have ever played. So many broken quests, do something out of order and you break something.
>>
File: a6891fe4-city-3112-557864c7.jpg (217KB, 1440x557px) Image search: [Google]
a6891fe4-city-3112-557864c7.jpg
217KB, 1440x557px
>>382589339
New Vegas > Morrowind > Witcher 3 > Skyrim > Fallout 3 = Oblivion > Fallout 4
>>
>>382591264
How is it possible to be this up your own ass? Kill yourself.
>>
>>382591264
>ultimate baiting - the post
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 1676x262px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 1676x262px
>>382591264
>I hate it because it was popular
>>
The levelling system and damage scaling were the game's most broken aspects. The lack of actual stats was really disappointing. If Bethesda dumb down even more gameplay mechanics in their next game and try to pass it off as an RPG, I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>382589339
>implying you can roleplay in skyrim vanilla
>>
>>382590179
>after playing an action game I can't get into RPG combat
You're seriously stupid.
>>
>>382592027
>>382592249
>>382592420
>neo-/v/

Jesus Christ, people who grew up with Skyrim are now old enough to post here.
>>
File: 1464040727594.jpg (50KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1464040727594.jpg
50KB, 599x599px
>>382593106
you tried
>>
>>382592718
compared to fallout 4 maybe lmao
>>
>>382591264
A good point about a game should never be "The DLC was alright". Fuck that. DLC is a cancer.
>>
File: 1303341251108.jpg (21KB, 333x258px) Image search: [Google]
1303341251108.jpg
21KB, 333x258px
>>382593216
You didn't refute a single thing in his post. You're just deflecting.
>>
>>382590038
I liked vanilla skyrim. I was a consoletard and didn't know any better. After modding it there is no going back, and after playing New Vegas I'm not sure I can go back to modded Skyrim either.
>>
>>382590038
>this place is now so underage that people will legitimately defend Skyrim
I remember when this happened with Halo. I didn't think it could get any worse. How wrong I was.
>>
File: 1498443122232.jpg (19KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1498443122232.jpg
19KB, 403x395px
>>382589339
#1 Con: can't make spells. All of the inner workings of the game are arcade-ized. Yes, it is a beautiful game, but holy fuck is it normified.

People here like to hate on Oblivion, but at least the skill/attribute/spell mechanics were interesting and could be manipulated. The spell creation and quest for a perfect character alone in Oblivion accounted for thousands of extra hours of play time. Skyrim just hands you everything on a silver platter. After a few days you have Daedric armor and rapist-tier abilities and the game is no longer interesting outside of RPing.
>>
>>382589339
You forgot god awful enemy variety. It's my biggest beef with the game.
>>
>>382592839
elements of those two genres can be so easily blended that's really a non-issue. RPG or not theres no excuse for Skyrims weak combat.
>>
>>382591264
>1
accurate
>2
accurate
>3
Oh no, you can't control cornea thickness and finger length!
Skyrim character creation is much better.
>4
Not true
>5
accurate
>6
accurate
>7
What? You have a large number of very different biomes to explore, the same number as in Morrowind if you consider the Ashlands, Red Mountain and Molag Amur as the same biome.
>>
How did people on /v/ react when skyrim was revealed and the first week of release?
>>
>>382593358
i'm not a skyrim fan, but at least one playthrough is enough to know this post is a bait
>>
>>382590173
SexLab and all its addons (there is something for everyone). Amorous Adventures is fun. CBBE bodyslide is recommended, although UNP works as well. The Animal Mansion is fun for a while, but it's pretty shallow, repetitive and unfinished.

Ignore "animated prostitution", it's shit.
>>
>>382593872
when it was released, literally entire fucking board was a skyrim general
>>
>>382589339
Hold the fuck up. I like Skyrim but the vanilla leveling system has almost no meaningful decisions and does very little to accommodate non-standard playstyles

Also the quest variety is pretty mediocre in comparison to other large action RPGs. It's not bad, just par for the course
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.