[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you fuck up twice is the question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 64613646164561455141.jpg (61KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
64613646164561455141.jpg
61KB, 460x215px
How do you fuck up twice is the question
>>
just look at what you fucked up the first time and double down on it

easy
>>
>>382588936
Game was fucked in a gameplay standpoint shit hunters died to monsters to easy only the hunters if good could beat a monster if any skill level.

Also F2P release downgraded the game
>>
Like Battleborn it went F2P way too late for people to care.
>>
>>382589881

Actually at F2P it gained over 50k players so people cared
>>
>>382588936
Overcorrection, just like in steering.
>>
>>382588936
The basic concept was fucked from the start. Having it be 4v1 wasn't fun.
What worked in Left 4 Dead was four people trying to reach a goal, with a variety of different monsters trying to stop them all at the same time. There was a sense of teamwork and cooperation on both sides, along with a clear and defined goal.
If Evolve had been a team of four hunters vs four monsters (say, one big monster with permadeath and three "assist" monsters that respawn), it could've been really interesting, even without an "end-of-level" to aim for.
>>
>>382590047
t. never played monster
>>
>>382590047

A versus mode would have made evolve great and just make the big monsters tanks

I mean there were little monsters that acted exactly like the special infected in L4D but they were NPCs
>>
>>382590303
t. never played anything other than the core gamemode
>>
File: 97646484648916491.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
97646484648916491.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>382590448

Fuck off you and I both know a versus mode was needed
>>
Having the monster start off week was a mistake. Should have been OP from the start
>>
Turtle Rock made the game they wanted but unfortunately that game had severe pacing issues and was a money-pit to tweak/balance for esports

The game was ridiculously expensive to develop and 2K was worried the profit-margin would be too low to be sustainable so the DLC controversy began and tarnished Evolve's launch bad
Then the game came out to the few who walked past the controversy, damaging the game's community/longevity, and it began to die a Titanfall death as the game slowly bled players due to unfair/poorly paced/cheat-filled matches

The F2P helped quite a bit but the game was already fully exploited for all the fun it offered by it's few devoted prior and the Stage 2 update didn't revamp much
The pacing was better, there was controversy with it's F2P launch and the bleeding began again

2K eventually cut it's loses and Turtle Rock no longer works on Evolve
Shame; it's a decent game but it's a case of a game costing way to much to make for such a shallow return in terms of gameplay
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.