[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

non shitposting BoTW criticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 32

File: botw.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
I loved BoTW but I think there are a few major issues with it that can be fixed in a sequel
>lackluster main quest content
divine beasts were neat for what they were, but they are really lacking compared to dungeons. Their should be real dungeons with bosses and unique enemies, and once you complete the dungeon it's enemies can be found peppered throughout the world. Divine Beasts are basically just puzzles, which sucks because almost all of the shrines are already just puzzles. The ganon creature fights are all basically the same and all feel like extremely easy, lackluster dark souls bosses. Only one that sticks out in my memory is the water one because you can choose between shooting it with arrows or using stasis on the ice cubes he throws to hit him, that was pretty cool. Final boss is total shit too.
>lackluster side quests
literally 0 side quests are worth anything, this is easily the most lackluster thing in the whole game.
>durability
I like the idea and I understand what they were doing here, but it is still really annoying. The fucking master sword should be totally unbreakable, and you should be able to unlock basic weapons like a broadsword, an axe, and a halberd that never break but don't do much damage and there should be legendary weapons that are really good, unbreakable, but hard to get. EVERYTHING being breakable is extremely annoying and makes all the treasure you find exploring feel less valuable.

This is a minor gripe but I also feel like the weather is shitty way too often, the game is gorgeous when it's sunny but I feel like it's rarely sunny and usually gray or raining.
>>
Bump for you OP.
>>
>>382575108

I wish it had better combat. I mean how hard is it to get your team to play Dark Souls and then say "do that".
>>
>>382575108
>Zora armor doesn't actually let you swim like a Zora
You can swim up waterfalls no problem. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to swim like Sideon regularly
>>
>>382575108
If you think you can do better, OP, then make your own game

sage for poor trolling, but enjoy your (you)
>>
Please. Just let Koizumi write the story for the next game. The hack they brought in for BoTW was incompetent.
>>
I've been sitting here for over an hour waiting for an apple tree to reset just to get my korok seed, I'm down to my last 8 in order to get the full 900. The fact that trees don't reset when you rest is bullshit.
>>
>>382575108
Agreed, also shrines in general are just shit, the effort that went towards making them would have been better spent on real dungeons, even if it was only 1-3.
>>
>>382577473
Killing monsters makes the blood moon arrive faster, so go do that.
>>
>>382577653
trees don't reset with the blood moon already did that. You seriously have to wait it out.
>>
>>382575108
I agree for the most part on the divine beasts, they really dropped the ball on those since they're so weak compared to dungeons from other Zelda games, and they look especially bad when BotW gives you the best damn Hyrule Castle ever right at the end. If more of the dungeons had been free-form gauntlets stuffed with enemies and secrets like Hyrule Casle was, I would have been much more satisfied.

I disagree with your other two criticisms though, side quests had some really sweet mini-adventures going on. Like are you really going to tell me you did the Giant Horse, or Eventide Island, or the Labyrinths and felt like the experience was worth nothing? I get that the rewards themselves are kinda crap since it's usually just a Spirit Orb, but if you're not having fun with the quests those kinds of quests it sounds like you're just playing to fill in your check boxes and say "I did it all" at the end of it.

Breakability is also fine, it lets you treat weapons like consumables and do silly shit like throw swords at enemies without feeling like you lost something critical to your survival. I actually really like how they handled the Master Sword this time around too, since in the past you had literally no reason to ever use it once you got the better options like the Biggoron Sword. At least now while it doesn't have the best stats, it's got an edge in that it's the ONE weapon in the game you can always count on. But I feel like making it invincible creates a balancing issue where it either leaves you with a sword with toothpick damage that you never want to use, or makes it the only weapon you'll ever want to equip.
>>
>>382575108
I have only one major nitpick. I want outfit slots so I can change out of clothes faster
>>
>>382577480
Well, with 3 dungeons, plus 4 divine beasts plus Hyrule Castle that'd bring the dungeon total to 8, which is pretty standard amount of Zelda dungeons.
>>
>>382575108
Being able to just pause and eat whenever makes difficulty little more than "make sure you've got some food".
Also enemy variety is abysmal. You can only have fun killing the same handfuls of monsters for so long.
>>
File: 1425035286867.png (766KB, 939x729px) Image search: [Google]
1425035286867.png
766KB, 939x729px
I'm okay with the concept of the divine beasts for one game, it was a cool idea instead of doing the umpteenth iteration of forest/fire/water dungeons, and the shitload of shrines probably equal out to more puzzling than several previous Zeldas combined.

The Rito and arguably the Gerudo one REALLY needs more content to their beasts, though. The camel has a whopping one attack, that you're essentially invincible against, while you knock out his four feet. Compared to the Zora fight, where things ramp up as you progress, it obviously looks unfinished. This is doubly true of the Rito, which is just "lol go talk to this dude and hit some targets then kill four turrets you're done."
>>
>>382577907
>Giant Horse
Ummm...
>Stand on grand plateau
>Decide to leave it in a random direction.
>while gliding down some animals pop-in
>horses
>one of them is a big bigger.
>tame it
>ride it around, run past a lynel because fuck durability
>some people standing on the side of the road
>talk to one of them
>side quest Big Horse completed.

>>382577907
>Labyrinths
Ummm...
>climb labyrinth walls
>look down to see flames
>glide down
>Shrine found
I don't think I ever needed more than 4 minutes to solve a labyrinth. Meanwhile, games like THe Witness have puzzles that got me stuck for over 30minutes.

>>382577907
>Breakability is also fine, it lets you treat weapons like consumables and do silly shit like throw swords at enemies without feeling like you lost something critical to your survival.
Umm..
>"Hey should we add spears to the game?
>- Nah just let them throw their sword (a mechanic that is completely unrealistic) and add the most frustrating durability ever by making every weapon break after 5 hits.
>>
>>382575108
I was extremely disappointed when I realized there was no way to repair or craft weapons with the ample materials you collect throughout the game. Yeah not every game needs crafting but I think it really would have helped with the durability complaints
>>
>>382577089
>make your own game
worst argument you could ever use
>>
>>382578848
stay mad, OP
>>
>>382578609
>every weapon breaks after 5 hits

OP said no shitposting, stop it. Weapons like boko clubs and tree branches break in like 10 hits, and you can kill like 3 bokoblins with a single one of each. You should be GAINING weapons faster than you can use them in the early game, and in the late-game Royal weapons take upwards of 50+ hits and a single sword can carry you through several battles on its own.

And while you're griping about realism, do you also want to point out how the paraglider is unrealistic, or Link's Spider-Man climbing abilities? Who gives a fuck if throwing a sword is unrealistic, it's fun.
>>
>>382576970
fuck of soulsfag
>>
I hate the way Link swings one handed swords I was hoping there would be a sword/weapon master to teach link some sword skills. That faggot runner in Kakariko blueballed the fuck out me talking about a sword master only to be referencing the shitty shrine. Does anyone else feel like the jump attack is fucking useless?
>>
>>382575108
divine beast are the side quests though
>>
>>382577907
The problem with weapons as a consumable is that they stop being a compelling reward.
>>
>>382578652
>whining about durability when playing past the first group of mobs will introduce you to the permanent state of the game, which is having more weapons available than you can actually hold and letting most of them rot in fields
>>
File: 3e5.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
3e5.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>382575108
>complains about the durability system
>thinks people will actually believe he's played the game
>>
>>382578609
>>- Nah just let them throw their sword
but spears are in the game tho
>>
>>382577721
Then just go somewhere else and find another tree, then come back?
>>
File: idort.png (1MB, 752x1254px) Image search: [Google]
idort.png
1MB, 752x1254px
>>382579710
I've completed it nigger, I don't think that durability is 2hard or anything I just think it's very anti-fun. See pic related for proof, ignore the Bloodborne part because I originally took it to prove I was an idort.
>>
>>382579710
>If you don't like something about the game, that just means you didn't play it!
Every time.
>>
>>382579848
It's literally the last tree one I need I only have 8 other koroks left.
>>
>>382578609
>(a mechanic that is completely unrealistic)
And everything else is?
It's a fucking fantasy game. Throwing your sword is probably one of the most realistic things in the game.
>>
>>382579685
thats like saying spending extra for good food is bad because you consume it and then no longer have it and you should just buy flavorless paste to sustain yourself
yeah yeah I know food metaphor but you know its true
>>
>>382580036
then go to another tree
grab the apple there
and come back

there's apple trees everywhere dude
>>
>>382580013
>expecting to be taken seriously when you've covered up Link's ass
>>
>>382580246
yes but the apple trees are exclusive to the krok seed puzzles the three trees reequire the matching fruit on the same branches.

There is no way to substitute this.
>>
>>382580016
you get millions of weapons
its completely illogical to complain about it

>>382580013
anon I don't know what you think your doing but that image is no proof that you played anything
>>
>>382580379
Oooh, I'm sorry, I'm retarded. I was thinking of the ones where you have to put an apple in the bowl. Sorry.

I'd go do the other ones, then come back, and hope it's respawned.
if it hasn't just fuck around for a bit I guess.
>>
@382580562
not even worth a (You)
>>
>>382580562
>you can't admit that something is flawed without blindly hating hating it
kill yourself faggot I can guarantee you post consolewar faggotry.
>>
>>382580726
do you have actual autism anon?
that was the most obvious bait could possibly be
>>
>>382580726
Blindingly liking it is worse than blindly hating a video game.
>>
File: fox is unimpressed.png (372KB, 1436x1340px) Image search: [Google]
fox is unimpressed.png
372KB, 1436x1340px
>>382580221
Except in real life the food has it's own unique delicious flavor and BotW is a video game where all the weapons are categorized in a few types where all the weapons in said type are all very similar. It gets worse in late game where you get a weapon that is worse than all the ones you already have.

It's almost as if food analogies are fucking stupid and not at all applicable to a video game.
>>
>>382581312
explain further
>>
File: 1488136805272.jpg (116KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1488136805272.jpg
116KB, 401x372px
What order do we think the devs intended to do things?

Last time I played kakriko>hatano>zora>akala>forest>desert>lost woods>luralin>rito>hebra>goron>castle

on master mode after zora I have gone to rito and I am getting raped by silver enemies
I tried to go to central hyrule with 8 hearts and got buttfucked by guardians
>>
>>382575108
This guy gets it. BoTW was great, but with a sequel that fixes its problems, it could be excellent.
>>
Found this list through the archive thought some of the stuff was neat
-More dungeons/bosses
-Caves to explore
-Revisit Sacred Beast to refight bosses
-More enemy variety (at the very least with every enemy from past 3d Zeldas)
-More side quests with companions (Sideon, Riju, Yunobo, Zelda)
-Fishing rod + fishing
-Durability meter for weapons
-Armor sets change in appearance with each full upgrade
-Smith weapons/armor from the bunch of shit gathered from the game
-Full Sheikah set allows to jump high move on top of complete silence
-Full Zora Armor set enables actual Zora swimming
-Revali's Gale gives you glowing green wings, an extra stamina bar just for flying, and grants you full range flying until you land or run out of flying stamina bar.
-Daruk's Protection grants you Goron Rolling when equipped instead of shield surfing and can be used on a flat surface relies on stamina can damage enemies.
-Mipha's Grace also heals weapons
-Able to board King of the Mountain, bears, deers, Rhinos, Moose. Each with a mechanic that makes one different from the other instead of just a slower/faster horse (Ex. When riding the bear instead of attacking with a weapon your bear attacks with claw swipes)
-Tame wolves, foxes (function like Wolf Link) and being able to board them at your house in Hateno Village or Terry Town
-Key items slots for (Torch, Hammer, Axe)
-Traditional Key items returning (Hook/Clawshot, lasso, Dominion Rod for guardians, power bracelet ect)
-Being able to roll bombs like in Skyward Sword
-Being able to roll in general with a tap of the sprint button
-Revamp combat with all weapon types getting a moveset
(One handed swords get sword skills from Twilight Princess)
>>
My main gripe is with the main setup being complete bullshit. The whole "100 years ago" thing seems to terribly forced as an explanation for why everything would be overgrown ruins, when all of Link's friends are still somehow alive, and they fuck it up anyway by making you find many locations through the photos from 100 years ago where trees and ruins are in the exact same location sas present day.

That, and that the divine beasts aren't revolving around personal stories of anyone living. It's just detached stories from the past. People you don't get to interact with.

The whole thing very obviously was built game first, story second, but Zelda and Nintendo games at large are always like that and really, none of this is preventing me from having a grand time.

A petty gripe I do harbour is that the DLC isn't free. When it's going to be so rudimentary aynway, and they're looking to keep selling the game for years and years, just give us the damn expansions for free, Nintendo, or get to work on the next game.
>>
>>382581447
Is it true the monster populations are diferent, like with additional guardians in central hyrule?
>>
>>382577067
never thought about this... damn. now I wish they touch on this in the next title.
>>
>>382575108
>Master sword should be unbreakable
If they did this, they would probably have to make the process of getting it much more difficult and take longer. Once you have it, you would have zero reason to use anything else.
>>
>>382581559
There's a couple good ones in there.

You can tell from the game that they wanted fishin to be in there, but had to cut it at some point. Plucking them out of the water like you do now is decidedly un-Zelda.

And I'd love to go on more quests with the living race representatives. I am bored to tear everytime story segments show up in this game because you're never actually part of any of it as the player.
>>
>>382581998
>It should be a punishment for having good game design

this is why you nintendo cucks will always be cucks. Only you guys would praise the the retarded game design decision of breakable weapons. Fuck you
>>
>>382575108
>lacking compared to dungeons
I hope they add a traditional dungeon in DLC. the castle is really good and has every type of enemy there. Something like a traditional zelda dungeon on a bigger scale would be nice.
>once you complete the dungeon it's enemies can be found peppered throughout the world
this would be good too, like adding a new area, possibly the west area near tabantha, and after completing the dungeon, the new enemies from a dungeon are added to the pool of enemies in the main game.
>shrines are already just puzzles
would have been very nice, and worth the cash, if master mode remixed all the shrines, like OoT hero mode did to the dungeons
>The ganon creature fights are all basically the same
This was very disappointing, especially that zeldas are known for puzzling dungeons with "epic" boss battles as a reward
>The fucking master sword should be totally unbreakable
I think all the hero weapons should have been unbreakable, but especially the master sword.
I understand that without durability it does not give us a reason to explore, so counter productive to the ethos of the game, but these weapons are so unique that we don't even want to use them as they break like normal weapons, but aren't even the most powerful.

in indication when a blood moon is coming and a more predictable weather system would have been better imo
>>
>>382581559
>-Durability meter for weapons
>-Smith weapons/armor from the bunch of shit gathered from the game
>-Full Sheikah set allows to jump high move on top of complete silence
>-Full Zora Armor set enables actual Zora swimming
>-Revali's Gale gives you glowing green wings, an extra stamina bar just for flying, and grants you full range flying until you land or run out of flying stamina bar.
>-Daruk's Protection grants you Goron Rolling when equipped instead of shield surfing and can be used on a flat surface relies on stamina can damage enemies.
>-Mipha's Grace also heals weapons
I don't like these ideas at all
>-Revamp combat with all weapon types getting a moveset
they already do for the most part
>>
I straight up do not like it and will sell it when something else comes along.

1. Ugly visuals
2. Choppy framerate
3. Content is too divided (having 100 2 minute shrines, instead of 20 10 minute shrines)
4. 60% of the game is spent travelling
5. Durability is a farce. It's never exciting to get a new weapon
6. Side content is absolutely pointless
7. Not being able to climb while its raining is not fun

Villages are fairly typically Zelda and by far the best part. They are little reminders of what I once loved and what I will presumably never get again now that Nintendo has gone down the open world DLC route.
>>
>>382582005
They probably couldn't figure out a way to make fishing not conflict with the physics gimmick. Fish would need to be basically conjured from nothing by a rod, which is not how the rest of the game's gathering works, to avoid people simply throwing bombs in the water.
>>
>>382582350
No u
>>
>>382581708
no additional guardians i believe. but take a bridge for example. usually there is a red or blue bokoblin patroling it. Now in master mode they have two rafts floating on each side of the bridge with either blue or black bokoblins and ofc the standard bokoblin on the bridge.
>>
I wish the gameplay would've been more like Horizon. It's really lacking in that department
>>
>>382582458
I dunno, the fish are present in the water at quite a large distance from the player already. And you can already bomb fish if you want to. I don't think they'd have to change much in that regard.

There's the possibility they cut it after some testing, becasue it felt more intuitive the way it is now, and they want the player to keep moving around, instead of sittin in one spot.

All the other critters you can catch don't require a net either, so they might have decided that fish ought to be the same. There also isn't a tools system in the traditional Zelda sense anyway.
>>
>>382581559
Some of those a stupid as fuck but I do agree with adding more modifiers to gear.

Having different clothes on should drastically change how link moves and how the game plays rather then it just being changing clothes to go climbing, go in a cold/ hot area, swimming, etc.
It would be so much cooler if some pants made you jump higher so you can do shockwave moves on low ground or a shirt allowed you to resist explosive damage so you could go in full kamikaze or a certain helmet made you draw you're bow quicker so you can rush really large groups spamming headshots at close range.

Making it so you can make up your own sort of play style character class on the fly would have added so much. Right now armor is mostly just situational; you equip stuff to do a task and then go back to your highest ranking armor. It could be better.
>>
>>382582417
>they already do for the most part
No, they don't
>Not liking Zora swimming
Faggot
>>
>>382577480
>the effort that went towards making them would have been better spent on real dungeons

Hell, instead of the shrines, I would have appreciated a lot more NPCs in the overworld for interesting little sidequests and interactions. I mean the world still feels so empty. Kind of like how GTA V had those "strangers and freaks" missions, I would have really enjoyed stuff like that. Instead its just a bunch of boring shrines that are not integrated into the environment at all
>>
>>382582450
Man, you are borderline shitposting.

The framerate never actually bothers the gameplay, and you never actually have to travel anywhere twice, as long as you find a shrine and activate it as a warp point.

And I'm willing to bet you didn't actually complete a single shrine on of the shrines in two minutes, excepting maybe the few ones that don't have puzzles at all.
>>
Biggest problem is that there are virtually no caves or underground areas. I know that sounds like a small gripe, but it makes the world feel extremely shallow.
>>
Healing is an even bigger problem you can just open the menu at any time and spam full heals

There's a reason good action RPGs make healing a realtime action that you have to time in order to pull off and not get punished again after the initial mistake.
>>
>>382583141
>No, they don't
yes they do, the inputs are the same but the actual moves differ between types of weapons.
>>382583141
>Not liking Zora swimming
I like zora swimming, I just feel it'd be completely unnecessary - the zora armor should make your swimming a little more efficient and nothing more, and it does that.
>>
>>382583583
I get what you're saying.

I was generally very impressed with how verticality is used in the game though.
>>
File: 1479625965965.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479625965965.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
Personal criticism/nitpick: There was a huge missed opportunity to make the divine beasts more interesting and have synergy with the runes. I did does first, and when I was on approach to the elephant and it started launching ice at me, it was like something finally clicked, some effort was actually made to integrate this weird ass ice technology into the game world. And not just regular cryonis, but unique attack forms like the naval mines. Inside the dungeon there were plenty of ice puzzles, and even waterblight ganon has a cryonis attack that you can counter. It just made sense. Then I went to the next three beasts expecting the remaining three runes to get the same treatment only to find missed opportunities.
> using magnesis to pull the camels feet and make it trip up like in star wars
> flying around the birb and tossing bombs into it's cannons to destroy them/break the shield around him
> something with stasis for volcanic rocks / guardian sentrys on the way up death mountain
That goes for the dungeons inside too. Hell, gerudo region was full of electric/magnesis shrine puzzles already, they really should have doubled down on that in nabooris, like some sort of final test for all the shit you learned during shrines

I also stupidly got my hopes up when koga started using magnesis, before realizing the fight was a joke. Since the yiga supposedly split form the shiekah when they wanted to abandon their technology, I was wondering if/when we were going to see yiga clan use runes and shit, but I guess one slow and easily countered spiky ball attack was all they had
>>
>>382578482
I really felt spoiled by doing the Zora first. The fight with the beast was easily the best one in the game
>>
>>382581998
No, they just make weapons that are stronger than the Master Sword last a long time, maybe add a repair mechanic. Although with Blood Moons you could just recollect the items every few hours if needed.
>>
I'm somewhat happy the game does have as many sketchy and deliberately simplified elements to it as it does.
Quite many crass design decisions.

This all means there's huge room for variation and improvement in the next game, even if they still do it open world.
>>
>>382581708
>>382582724
Enemy tiers are 1 step higher, and there is an extra tier, gold, which I have not encountered yet. My guess is where there were silver enemies, there will now be gold enemies.
I have not seen a red enemy at all. they started at blue on the plateau. There was also an extra silver lynel on the plateau, which must have just been a troll from the devs.
There are platforms dotted all around the game with enemies on it, most of these platforms
have higher tier weapons that you would not normally find at that area/heart level, which are obviously needed as your lower tier weapons are useless.

I'm not 100% sure, as it is hard to judge due to the tier change but it seems that enemies are hitting harder. Though at the level that you fight those enemies, on normal mode, you would normally have more hearts and upgraded gear.

Enemies regen health slightly if you don't continue to hit them, but not full regen. so this forces you to focus on one enemy, and makes weapons last even less.
I'm pretty sure I have encountered 2 world bosses so far (no including the plateau lynel) that were not there on normal.
So they may have added more world bosses too.
>>
>>382583583
Definitely, also I was annoyed that the water was so shallow. Either you just walk on it or slowly swim across while your stamina drains. A far cry from the water in OoT/TP/SS. I understand that swimming would require a lot of work, especially making it mesh with the physics, but I think it's an important part of 3D Zeldas. Should definitely be worked on in the sequel.
>>
>>382581481
in all credit to ninty, it is there first attempt at this type of massive 3d open world.
I actually have high hopes that they will learn from this and make the next game and on more better.
>>
Some sort of consumable item to control weather or something would be nice. Way too many times I'm trying to climb somewhere or I need to glide off a tower to get to a shrine or something but NOPE, it's raining so you better go do something else or wait forever. A few too many times I was just not in the mood to put up with that shit.

Weapons need a little more durability too, it'd be nice to actually have a few favorite weapons you can get used to using and enjoy their presence as opposed to getting used to each weapon lasting one mob at the most.
>>
>>382584218
It's a minor inconvenience once you start carrying wood. Find shelter and wait.
>>
>>382579268
God, you're a fucking retard if you think "make your own game" is a valid argument when someone states actual problems with the game. Found the faggot 12 year old.
>>
>>382575108
I just started, how can I not get one-shotted by anything thats not a red bokoblin?
>>
File: imacca.jpg (64KB, 680x220px) Image search: [Google]
imacca.jpg
64KB, 680x220px
>>382575108
BotW has some of the issues which plague all open world games - difficulty balancing and enemy repetition for example.

But these are minor gripes - inevitable nitpicks of the genre - and never come close to overshadowing what is a remarkable achievement in game design. What Nintendo achieved, on the tech they used, is astonishing.

Where BotW get it's praise is in it's focus on player agency, freedom of exploration and world building. There's some truly next-level stuff going on.
>>
>>382584530
Pay attention, get some armor, and get some more hearts.

Catching some fairires would help you too. You don't need bottles or anything. They hand out around the great fairy fountains bull will once in a while also be under rocks and in the tall grass when cut.
>>
I liked botw's side quests.
For the most part they are ether puzzles telling you to find a location based on vague information or one off sort of mini dungeon gauntlet things like the one where you had to carry a block of ice through the dessert while holding it under the shadows of some ruins and avoiding fire attacks or the one were you had to follow an enemy filled path to a shrine while only using korok weapons. Very few of them are simply fetch quests.
I unironically have no idea how the way they handled quests could be change to be better or why people say they disliked the quest.
Well actually I assume they didn't actual play the game for the later.
>>
Is the DLC worth me playing BotW again? I completed it months ago with nothing much else to do other than upgrade some gear. Should I hole out for the next DLC instead?
>>
the Wii U version looks bad and the framerate is unacceptable for a first party Nintendo game. What happened to their magic when it comes to pushing their hardware?

Puuuuuut the fucking map on the Wii U gamepad. Or the inventory. Or anything.

Too much rain.

That's it I think, but I've only beaten one of the beasts so I have a long way to go.
>>
>>382584839
I haven't felt this involved in everything happening around me in a game of this size before. It's pretty great.
>>
>>382584530

Upgrade your armor. The only way. I waited forever to start upgrading armor and even after getting eight or nine hearts certain enemies would still kick my shit in. Certainly made the game more challenging which is interesting in its own way since you're constantly cooking/eating food and you sure as hell learn how to handle enemies shit. I never even bothered to go within two feet of anybody carrying a spear.
>>
File: 1481980383433.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481980383433.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
I feel like the game doesn't have a ton of interesting content. The gameplay loop consists of finding shrines and completing them, but most of the shrines are over in like 30 seconds and aren't challenging or engaging at all. Same with the Divine Beasts. They're too short and don't feel very special. I also feel like they lost too much of the classic Zelda identity in an attempt to modernize. I'm not against most the changes they made, but things like no Dungeons, none of the classic music, no triforce, and no Epona feel like bad, unnecessary changes to me. Overall, I enjoyed BOTW, but i feel like after the initial wow factor wore off at like 10 or so hours in, the game got less and less interesting. Like OP said, I'm excited for the sequel. I feel like if they improved on its shortcomings, the next Zelda could be truly incredible.
>>
>>382584981
They dropped the Wii U is what I assume happened.
>>
what's the point of all the ingredients in the game if they do everything worse than one durian
>>
>>382584530
>I just started
on normal?
you just have to do shrines and get hearts anon.
The combat is quite tough for the first few hours. you need to do at least 12 shrines for hearts and make extra heart food just t be safe and survive.
Also use the ingame mechanics, like stealth, headshots, runes, stealing weapons form the enemies etc, to maximize you survivability.
After a while it becomes too easy though and you can wreck anything
>>
>>382584530
collect durians
cook individually
you are now invincible
>>
>>382582350
>Spouting cuck immediately
Spotted the actual cuckold. Take your shitty fetish elsewhere you worthless subhuman.
>>
>>382584981
>the Wii U version looks bad and the framerate is unacceptable for a first party Nintendo game.

I'm playing the Wii U version and I can't even tell the difference from the Switch version my friend has.

I might just be retarded.

That art is exactly the same.

Maybe the blacks are a little black and the whites a little whiter on Switch, but I can't see it.

Framerate doesn't bother me at all.

And if you're saying the game isn't already a pretty magical achievement on Wii U hardware as is, then nigga I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>382585145
>>382585262
what is this meme
>>
>>382585321
Why would it be a magical achievement on the wiiu but not on the console that's literally a mobile phone SOC
>>
>>382585145
Durians are kinda rare though.
>>
>>382585493
faron tower
>>
>>382585442
I'm not saying it isn't.
>>
>>382585614
A'ight, haven't been there yet, so I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>382584839
the physics and freedom are the mesmorizing aspect to this game for me.
they have really gone one step further to any game I have ever seen.

>>382584981
>Wii U version looks bad and the framerate is unacceptable
admittedly the lack of AA was very hard to accept for the first 30mins, especially for a PC player and modern console standards. I got used to it that I don't notice it now.
The framerate had issues in villages, on launch, but it seems to have been fixed by patches now.
>>
>>382585781
you get more than ten there per respawn
if you go there from minute one it completely trivializes the game
>>
>>382578609
Uhhh they have spears in-game tho?
>>
>>382585262
>>382585972
what does one duran give you?
>>
>>382577067
The shirt lets you climb up waterfalls, the helmet lets you do that almost useless spin attack in the water, but the pants give you jack shit. They absolutely should've let you swim like a Zora.
>>
>>382583698
>yes they do, the inputs are the same but the actual moves differ between types of weapons
In OoT and 3D Zelda's in general there were more options for example sword combat depending on if you were locked on to an enemy or directional inputs Link did different shit. In botw all you have is the same string of horizontal slashes. I wanted botw's combat more akin to Oot but with all weapons and maybe some hidden skills from tp implemented.

>I just feel it'd be completely unnecessary
How would faster movement be unnecessary? Swimming even with a fully upgraded Zora armor is still terribly slow
>>
>>382577473
enjoy ur turd
>>
>>382578609
I sounds like you had fun though.
>>
>>382586015
I mean real spears
>>
>>382586939
what's a 'real spear'?
>>
File: 1481613659148.jpg (49KB, 372x308px) Image search: [Google]
1481613659148.jpg
49KB, 372x308px
>>382586939
>>
>>382586089
You'll see.
>>
>>382578609
>Nah
lmao did you even play the game or are you just repeating shitposting you've seen in other threads
>>
>>382575108
They should mix up real dungeon with BotW style ones
>shrines for mini rewards that can be replaced (weapons, materials, rupees)
>either bigger shrines (like the BotW divine beasts) for story and traditional dungeon for optional challenges or vice versa
While I liked that BotW gives you every tool you need on the Plateau, I wouldn't mind getting more special items in dungeons too.
>>
>>382577067
>There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to swim like Sideon regularly
Why not?
The Zora Suit you get in Twilight Princess lets you do that.
>>
>>382586526
>In botw all you have is the same string of horizontal slashes
not sure if you're really shit at the combat or just plain clueless
>>382586526
>Swimming even with a fully upgraded Zora armor is still terribly slow
false, your stamina barely drains at all when wearing zora armor so you can effectively spam stokes to swim faster.
>>
>>382586939

Like javelins? Harpoons?

The game as fucking spears. Spears that you thrust with to attack, and can through pretty far quite precisely.

Becasue they're spears.

They're only "not real spears" in the sense that they exist inside a video game.
>>
>>382575108
>master sword needs to recharge
>needing dlc to use the master sword 24/7
>>
>>382587207
But that's what he's saying. There's no reason you SHOULDN'T be allowed to do that in BotW.
>>
File: my review.png (108KB, 741x1145px) Image search: [Google]
my review.png
108KB, 741x1145px
Here you are. I hope you actually read it. Seemed to piss off the fags at Metacritic though.
>>
>>382587128
just fucking tell me.
I know what a durian is, but I don't think I have ever cooked just one
>>
>>382587420
I'm starting to think they just shouldn't have put the master sword in the game at all.

People keep fucking complaining about it.

Or it could be there, but it would be a rusted piece of shit, and you just get the message "This blade has seen its share of battles. Let's leave it to rest." when you approach it.
>>
>>382587591
tl;dr lol
>>
>>382583698
>HURR DURR IM A FUCK

Your opinions are wrong you retard
>>
>>382583698
Oh fuck off
>>
>>382578848
This
>>
>>382584316
It's still shit
>>
File: j.gif (3MB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
j.gif
3MB, 300x231px
for me its traversal in this game, I love some aspects about it and i dislike others. i like how the animations changes depending on how you're moving and stuff like that, but what i don't like is using the paraglider. You every play grow home, or grow up? the glider in that game is extremely fun to use. there is almost no momentum when gliding. you cant dive down to catch air or anything its just a constant speed. i would have loved if there were different ways of landing, like a hard stop where link slides across the ground still holding the glider after gliding fast. or diving down, catching air and then going up to launch link.
>>
>>382587890
>>382588051
great contributions to the discussion anons
>>
>>382587728
Damn do you cry about everything? Just start up your game and try it. This game is only so fun anyway but a good part of the fun was discovering things on your own.
>>
File: WVW69kWKb6sjC3VMvg.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kWKb6sjC3VMvg.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
Let's hope that the DLC pack 2 will allow you to upgrade the champion weapons. They are too weak, and break so quickly that it's not worth the Diamonds to repair them.
>>
I thought the dungeons were boring and the physics puzzles werent anything groundbreaking like people go on about.
>>
>>382587738
If it was in the game but unusable people would be demanding dlc to fix it
>>
>>382587738
durability is cancer and should not exist at all
>>
>>382588524
also
>dlc
fucking disgusting
>>
File: 1491710751118.jpg (118KB, 677x805px) Image search: [Google]
1491710751118.jpg
118KB, 677x805px
>>382575108
As someone no really enjoyed the game, my criticisms are:
>literally no vaillain presence
Ganon didn't do anything other than just exist, which is lame.
>reliance on enemies respawning for equipment
This is lame. When I saw a bloodmoon, I was usually more relieved, because I knew I'd be able to find more weapons and such. It kind of makes death feel cheap when enemies can just respawn in all the places you've cleared them out.
>durability
I understand WHY this was put in the game. It was for a constant stream of rewards to the player that would be useful. But oh my god, weapons are just too fucking WIMPY in this game. Worked your ass off to kill a lynel? Better save that weapon for ONE encounter, because every weapon is basically only good for a single fight, while some fights you go through 5-10 weapons on a single monster. This leads to situations where you avoid fights altogether simply because you either don't want to break every weapon in your inventory, or you've just had an intense fight and you have no gear left to use, OR you are halfway done fighting something and you have to run away simply because you've used 15 fucking weapons on them and you just wasted your damn time.
>shield surfing causes durability loss
No fun allowed. Seriously its enough to ask the player to find an incline of the right conditions to let them do it in the first place, why also double the hassle by making it do durability damage? Its a fun mechanic, let players DO it
>bosses
All of the bosses are forgettable in this game. None of them have any lore or even a face. And there's way too few of them. With a game this large, there should have been more bosses in more places with more story to the. Think about how sidequests had minibosses in games like majora's mask or Link Between Worlds. This just makes all of the game world feel kind of predictable.
>link is too blank, looks like a robot
>>
>Start Trial of the Sword
>Seems really easy, blowing through killing most shit with headshots from the Spiked Bow you get early on
>Pepper that Thunder Wizzrobe with headshots in bullet time
>"Yeah, this shit is cake."
>Next floor, one normal and two black Lizalfos
>Fall of the dock
>Lizalfos jump in and just start peppering me with water and I have nowhere to go
>Poor_little_Hylian_boy.jpg
>>
>>382588216
Ayyyyy
>>
>>382587591
You "review" is a 6/10 for me.

You use an awful lot of weasel words and you focus on a lot of quantitative values where you don't bother to qualify their importance and why they are too sparse.
>>
>>382588710
>shield surfing causes durability loss
Snow and Sand doesn't drain durability at least.
>>
>>382588646
And if it then didn't, I'd enjoy hearing them cry. I never understood how the master sword has this whole fandom thing going on all by itself.

>>382588674
Whatever man.
>>
>>382588739
Use the Lighting rod into the water.
>>
>>382588786
What the FUCK are weasel words? Also I spent a lot of time writing that review. FUCK YOU for just discarding my opinion like that you SHITTER!!!
>>
>>382589062
I was in the water. I fell of right away.
>>
The game needs a way to repair weapons. Some of the amiibo weapons are really good but none of them are worth saving and reloading every time you scan an amiibo to get them.
>>
>>382588710
>Ganon didn't do anything other than just exist, which is lame.

Very much this. He's a classic "wizard in the top of the tower," and it's boring.

But that's the main problem with the story in BotW. You never really feel involved. Stakes don't feel that high. You don't establish much in the way of meaningful relationships with anyone you meet again later.
>>
>>382587591
>This review will focus on flaws
Stopped reading right there. That's not how reviews work regardless of the game. Reviews focus on the good and the bad.
>>
>>382589362
I only had 5000 characters.
>>
File: n.gif (2MB, 350x176px) Image search: [Google]
n.gif
2MB, 350x176px
>swimming
massive disappointment for me. these huge bodies of water just surface you go across. when i was doing the zero quest I was convinced there would be an underwater section, I thought maybe there's a suit that lets you breathe underwater so that once you get it youll be able to dive finally, nope! i actually avoid swimming due to the fact that you cant dive. Now i wasnt expecting Abzu levels of swimming, or even INSIDE which has really good underwater sections, but stiill.
>>
>>382575108
I feel everyone agrees.

If you don't you're a shill.
>>
>>382589096
That's pretty funny though.
>>
>>382586015

That's relaly more of a glaive than a spear.
>>
>>382589445
And 45 chromosomes.
>>
>>382588404
what is the big deal saying what 1 hearty durian does.
i can be fucked to go and travel to faron just for a durian when i have hearty bass, salmon, radishes and truffles.
what is so OP about a durian.
I don't think I have ever cooked just 1, I would add 5 heart ingredients together.
I can't imagine 1 hearty durian give 20 heart overfill
>>
>>382589669
He's an idiot. The Durians give a full health dish when cooked and you can get that effect with other things.
>>
>>382576970
The game actually has pretty fun combat, what are you talking about?
>>
>>382589796
yeah, Thought so, hes a fag.
you can get a big hearty radish every time you go to the fairy at kakariko, along with endura carrots, which overfill your stam.

Unless you are a tard you wont be needing to regen full health any time unless you are fighting a lynel,
>>
>>382589796
Doesn't make you invincible eaither if anything was to one-shot you.
>>
>>382579385
Fun in my discussion?
>>
>>382576970
Why would they want it to be like Dark Souls combat? The BotW combat was fine. Dark Souls isnt the golden standard for 3rd person combat by any means.
>>
>>382589457
Next game, man. Next game.

By the way though, Wind Waker was ALL ABOUT water, and you couldn't dive in that game either. That always seemed a little weird to me.
>>
>>382578482
I only wish the Divine Beasts had more color and were bigger. My only problem with it.

And a bit more enemy diversity in the overworld and you'd be perfect.
>>
>>382575108
(sub)Thirty frames per second, which of course it not very playable.
>>
File: nNc9wge.jpg (94KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
nNc9wge.jpg
94KB, 500x707px
>>382588710
continued
>main quest too short and boring
4 dungeons with really easy bosses that have no lore combined with a villain who has no presence? The main story was turbocrap, shorter and lamer than Skyrim's, with what seemed to be nothing at stake
>the 4 sequences to board the divine beasts
As fun as these were in some cases, they didn't feel like part of the game. They were too cinematic for the open-world paradise that the game was trying to achieve. There are some situations where I found ways to get to the divine beasts on my own, but lolinvisible walls or impassable barriers prevented me from doing things my own way, because the developers demanded that I had to find the one N64 style of linear sequence of story events with the characters to be allowed into the dungeon. This was really fucking stupid, because some of us legit tried to board the divine beasts on our own, and could have done it if we'd have been allowed. We KNEW we needed to get to them and clear them out, we KNEW how to get on them, why the hell are you stopping us? So fucking lame. If I want to find some crazy-ass way to sail all the way to one of the divine beasts, let me do it, I shouldn't have to go through some slogging story event to board one if I actually found a way on my own.
This wouldn't have been a hard fix, either, just put some cutscenes after the fact with the characters that would have helped you get on board, problem solved.
>upgrading equipment
Waiting for RNG shooting stars to fall from the sky, need I say more? This is dumb, and the fact that I solved 120 fucking shrines to get the wild set, but then be asked to upgrade it using materials that are so rare and difficult to get that I'd have been done with the game ages ago just getting them without having already been done with the game just getting the fucking armor? holy shit
>>
>>382590348
It's not really an issue.
>>
>>382587228
>you're really shit at the combat or just plain clueless
not sure if you're actually retarded or just shitposting. You are aware I'm speaking specifically about one handed sword options, right? There isn't much else to add unless you really want to throw in jump and charge/spin attacks or a running slash.
>you can effectively spam stokes to swim faster
It still feels slow especially when they could've just had you hold the stoke button and had you swim as fast as you climb up waterfalls or Sidon.
Is this your first day here or something? Why are you keep replying to me twice in one post?
>>
>>382590312
I wish I got to "drive" them after winning them over, or at least order them around to some extent. Their functionality in the active story is kind of a let-down.
>>
File: wehn.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
wehn.gif
3MB, 500x375px
So..when are we getting an Adventure Time DLC for this?
>zelda = Princess Bubblegum
>Link = Finn
>Wolf link = Jake
>Hyrule = Land of Oooo
>Ganon = The lich
>>
File: 1450659351381.jpg (17KB, 256x287px) Image search: [Google]
1450659351381.jpg
17KB, 256x287px
>think the phantom armor looks great, love the bulky edgelord look, want to ride hyrule on my black horse as a dark knight manlet
>it's complete fucking garbage because it can't be upgraded, get half my health knocked off in a single hit
It's not like they overlooked it, Nintendo made the conscious decision to make it useless, along with all the other DLC armor. What a load of bullshit.
>>
>>382584839
Can't argue this. That's why Xbox and PS have never been able to be compared to Nintendo products. Not saying it means Nintendo products are always better but if you were to go back 5 years and said that they would put a game the size of BotW on a tablet with it running as smoothly is does it wouldnt be surprising
>>
>>382591118
I'm not even going to update the thread to see if this got replies but I got to say this is some good bait.
>>
>>382591118
More like when is Adventure Time going to get a game that isn't garbage?
Never.
>>
File: 1488846846364.jpg (193KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488846846364.jpg
193KB, 800x700px
>>382590716
continued
>armor of the wild set
I loved the fact that I had to work my ass off to get this, but what the fuck? Because of the way the shrines are laid out, and some depend on the area's dungeon being cleared, that means that its literally IMPOSSIBLE to adventure with the damn thing, because the only way to fucking get it is to basically clear all of the content in the game besides the final boss. There's nothing to USE IT ON, effectively making it not only WORTHLESS because of the requirements to upgrade it, but also even if you do go out of your way to do as many shrines as you can before any dungeons, you HAVE to complete the dungeons to get the last shrines needed to obtain it. YOU CAN'T WEAR THE GREEN TUNIC THOUGH 99% OF THE GAME because you HAVE TO CLEAR 99% OF THE GAME TO GET THE FUCKING GREEN TUNIC. This is an anti-reward, because although you worked your ass off for a reward, its not only shittier statwise than what you already have at that point (for far less effort) you actually don't even have anything to USE it on anymore, because it requires you beat basically the entire game just to get it, sidequests and all. Fucking lame.
>music
sucked, end of story, sorry but this music was lame as fuck, save for the village themes. It was either not-there or sounded way too cartoony for the scope of the game

Alrighty, I can't think of anything else right now, but those are my criticisms. I still loved the game and enjoyed it a ton, but there's some serious problems with its design that should be fixed when they inevitably try again
>>
>>382590924
>You are aware I'm speaking specifically about one handed sword options, right?
I was not aware of that, I thought you were speaking of different movesets for different weapons.
>>
>>382591417
>>382590716
>>382588710

Thanks for sperging out. I don't agree with all your opinions, by I like the cut of your jib.
>>
>>382591417
That's the point of in game rewards. You get rewards that by the time you get it, you don't need it.
>Strong enough to beat the Trail of the Swords, strong enough you don't need a powered up Master Sword.
>Strong enough to beat all four main dungeons, strong enough that you don't need their help to defeat Ganon.
>>
>>382591118
>Zelda should have DLC from a series that borrows from Zelda any chance it gets

meh
>>
Being able to kill guardians with a shield reflect was total bullshit and killed the experience for me.
>>
>>382579385
>50 hits
Lol no
>but climbing etc is unrealistic!
The difference is climbing everywhere abadons realism in attempt to make it fun. When you make something unrealistic to make it more tedious and annoying than what os realistic it is especially frustrating.
>>
>>382575108

Any "criticism" that has to do with the old formula isn't a criticism

You just don't like the new system and are being a nostalgia fag about it

This isn't a normal Zelda game
>>
>>382584839
This nigga gets it.
>>
>>382591417
Adding to this dude, even after you get the Wild set, you can't even use it in the Master Trials DLC
>>
File: IMG_1117.jpg (41KB, 540x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1117.jpg
41KB, 540x729px
All your criticisms are bullshit nitpicks.
The ONLY problem is that the main """"dungeon""" bosses aren't as good as the overworled bosses.
They are too traditional, they aren't embracing the new freeform style this games presents

Same goes for you fucks asking for traditional dungeons, they aren't meant for this type Zelda, that's why we got the divine beasts, it's for this type of game.
>>
>>382591902
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>>382592189
You are missing the point entirely. What I'm saying is that there's NOTHING LEFT to do with the green tunic. If there was a NG+ option, then it'd be fine...but there isn't. You get it, you run around for a few minutes, you try to find something to do with it, some monsters to fight, but there's nothing. You've conquered the game. You wouldn't mind replaying the game with it, but you can't because there's no NG+ option. This is a serious design flaw.

You can't do any adventuring in the green tunic because it asks that you clear the entire game to obtain it, but then there's no NG+ option to allow you to use your reward. If you were allowed to get it BEFORE doing anything else, this wouldn't be the issue, but by locking the reward behind all 4 dungeons, you essentially run out of game. Its poorly thought-out and has put the game in a place where once I beat it, I have zero interest in replaying it, because there's no meaningfully different ways to play it from the first time I did. It really could have benefitted from a NG+ option, or from some other minor design changes to make replayability better. The game as it is has zero replay value.
>>
>>382592652
I actually don't even like Zelda. BoTW is the only one that I don't like.
>>
File: IMG_1126.png (155KB, 369x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.png
155KB, 369x263px
>>382584839

Basically
>>
>>382575108
The side quests aren't really 'quests' imo. They mostly exist to try to make you get back to exploring.
>>
>>382575108
Armor of Wild set looks like shit you should've started the game with. Also NO FUCKING PANTS
>>
File: Untitled2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
what did she mean by this?
>>
Id say the story but it did its job of moving the player forward, Zelda stories were never something to sing and dance about theyre "save the princess" stories, they dont need to be complex. Only thing I can really pull is that it really does not at all feel like a Zelda game. Thats not to say its a bad game at all, quite the contrary, but if this was a completely new IP I question wither it would be called "the best game ever made", the open world meme needs to die, I will take focused level design over empty fields any day.
>>
Master mode Stone Talus with weak point on its back is the most retarded shit
>>
>>382593501
Link has a small weenie
>>
File: WVW69kb6GBwgHF4aLM.jpg (82KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69kb6GBwgHF4aLM.jpg
82KB, 800x450px
>>382593903
You ain't seen shit
>not pictured here: a stationary guardian on a really high tower just out of camera view
>>
>>382575108
I just beat hard mode today. Got the Master Sword and went to the castle without doing any divine beast.

Barely entered in combats. There's no point in doing it. One of my main issues with this game is that combat has no value, but one of the most importante features of the game revolves around it (weapon durability).

If they actually forced you to defeat enemies, combat would make sense, giving you proper rewards, armors, or simply making proper dungeons with enemies.

Then again, the risk-reward relationship in this game is non existent. Even blessing shrines rewards are shitty weapons.
>>
>>382593079
>What I'm saying is that there's NOTHING LEFT to do with the green tunic.
That's the point. The developers claimed they could make Link look cool with his green hat as technology gets better, so they looked for a excuse to make it literally a end game reward. It's a standard gameplay cop out for developers to reward you stuff that by the time you get it, you don't need them.
>>
>>382589457
My heart kinda sunk when I realized Lake Hylia was complete shit in BotW. I always loved exploring that place, but other than the one shrine and the bridge there's fucking nothing there this time.
>>
>>382594810
Maybe we'll get luck, and it'll have DLC this December. Don't give up Anon, have faith.
>>
>>382595036
I hate to think about it because i want it to be massive and fix some problems with the main game but we all know its gonna be a cop out prequel story with more of zelda's ear grinding voice.
>>
>>382593501
link is the manlet to end all manlets, like holy shit not even japs are this small
>>
File: 1402263592190.gif (980KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1402263592190.gif
980KB, 245x245px
>>382594204
>Tfw I used up all my Ancient Arrows for fun on floor 22 because I thought that was the last floor
>>
>>382595327
To be fair, I too think it's just going to be a prequel that will be the "third save file" like how Master mode is the 2nd. At least you can change the language now.
>>
>>382597924
I got killed on floor 21 other day. I rage quit for the rest of the night.
>>
>>382599108
Why are flying guardians such niggers?
>>
File: 1473366388681.jpg (50KB, 440x429px) Image search: [Google]
1473366388681.jpg
50KB, 440x429px
>>382599498
Because you can't lock on to them half the time, and the lasers coming from above fucks with the timing and angle you need to parry them. I always just use Ancient Arrows on those flying fucks.
>>
>>382587728
Fully heals you and gives you 4 yellow hearts. It's a free full heal and it's bullshit
>>
>>382578609
Please play the game first before posting
>>
>>382582350
not an argument.
>>
>>382586939
"I WANT SPEARS"
"Alright here"
"I DON'T MEAN SPEARS"
>>
File: 1480436338549.jpg (41KB, 700x782px) Image search: [Google]
1480436338549.jpg
41KB, 700x782px
>>382594810
Lake Hylia has a special place in my heart in this game, it's where I first saw a dragon.
It was behind me, and the music started. It was fucking astonishing. I didn't expect the dragons in the slightest.

>ywn play BOTW for the first time again
it hurts
>>
>>382588710
Shield surfing on snow, sand, and when it's raining increases the distance your shield surf goes and stops it from causing durability loss.
>>
File: 1475372805233.png (424KB, 519x903px) Image search: [Google]
1475372805233.png
424KB, 519x903px
>>382602401
>hear music
>a little confused
>turn camera slightly to the left
>giant green sea serpent motherfucker coming out of the water three feet from my face
>mfw I have an intense fear of the ocean and the things that might live in it
was a pretty cool experience though
>>
File: hyliantunic.jpg (46KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
hyliantunic.jpg
46KB, 641x600px
>>382591417
Dude, before they even suggest a main dungeon, they run you through a village that sells a Hylian tunic and a village that dyes clothing.
>>
personal opinions:
Towns should have sold traveler weapons & shields

weapons should have two stages before breaking where after durability goes down enough the damage done by the weapon decreases (like a sword becoming more blunt) then breaks. this way you can increase the durability system without making picking up new weapons less desirable

Fishing needs to come back. imagine the comfy levels BoTW would be at with fishing included
>>
>>382577089
Fuck off drone
>>
>>382575108
The world is ducking empty and there's nothing to do. The game is completely empty, the main and side quests have no meat to them, just fetch quests and repetitive shrines. No memorable items or dungeons either. I'm still mad
>>
>>382588471
You are aware that you can trade 10 luminous stones for 1 diamond, right?
>>
>>382575108
Is it emulated yet? Not trying to pay 300 for a shitty console.
>>
File: rOrWw2h[1].png (925KB, 727x1076px) Image search: [Google]
rOrWw2h[1].png
925KB, 727x1076px
>mfw I died in the 8th or 9th floor, the one with the electric wizzorb
>mfw I didn't realize that I'd have to start all over again
Fuck this shit, I am too casual for a Zelda game
>>
can the game be beaten on CEMU yet?
>>
>>382609452
No, but it can be beaten on WIIU or SWITCH.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.