[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Botw thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

Hows everyone enjoying that dlc? I feel its only good for like 3 hours and master mode seems pretty ok
>>
>>382571928
Loving my fully upgraded master sword. korok and Majora masks are great, master mode is infuriatingly separate from normal saves, but I might come back for another run after I 100% my normal file.
>>
>>382572787
Same I may comeback for another run but its too soon for that? I usually wait a year or two for that. Just wish the DLC added more assets or at least enemy variety
>>
>>382571928
Master Mode is trash. it's no where different enough from the base game to warrant another play through if you've already got a near complete file.
New gear is pretty cool for cosmetics, but mostly weak in mechanics.
Exception being the Phantom armor which breaks the early game. They REALLY shouldn't have made it available in Master Mode.
Trial of the sword is really cool, but not long enough to justify the purchase. Also the "toughest" challenge is the easiest because you're given Ancient Arrows and Hearty food.

If anyone hasn't bought the DLC yet and is wondering if it's worth it, my advice is wait til DLC 2 comes out.
>>
>>382573354
>Phantom armor being broken early game
You need to go through a Lynel (which even in standard play is a challenge) to get one of the pieces. Is 16 base armor that you have to work pretty hard to get that broken?
>>
>>382571928
I'm loving my master mode playthrough.
>>
>>382571928
anyone here playing master mode on their first playthrough? would be interested in impressions from someone that has no experience with the normal game.
>>
>>382573983
I grabbed it without the Lynel noticing me.
Just stood behind a pillar and waited for his "?" to go away and then magneted it out.

The def isn't why it's game breaking though. It's the attack up.
I probably shouldn't have spent time locating all the pieces in my main file before starting Master Mode.
>>
>>382571928
Bokoblin camps in Master Mode are a goddamn rush. I love it thus far. I'm needing buffs for pretty much every encounter if I don't want to get one-shotted.
>>
>>382573983
You can walk right by the Lynel.
>>
Master mode is shit.

The only change is combat and unless you cheese the game the best way to play master mode is to avoid combat. You gain nothing by engaging enemies because they now consume more resources than they give.

So yeah, you avoid the only change made to the game. So why bother?
>>
>>382571928
>zeldas tits tho
>>
File: Golden Husbando.jpg (3MB, 4320x2430px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Husbando.jpg
3MB, 4320x2430px
>>382571928
The first DLC didn't do anything with my husbando, so I had no interest in it. The second one seems to have more of a focus on him so I'm getting that one.
>>
>>382571928
The DLC is disappointing, especially the "new" armors
Hope the second is pack is better but I'm not going to get my hopes up
>>
File: yigas.jpg (33KB, 348x244px) Image search: [Google]
yigas.jpg
33KB, 348x244px
>these guys, electric lizalfos, and Molduga aren't in the Pit of Sword Trials

heh heh they thought no one would notice, but I did.
>>
>>382575497
Molduga is too easy if you know and abuse the trick and impossible if they don't set up the arena to let you abuse the trick.

Having Yiga appear in a Sheikian trial would seem odd.
>>
>>382575853
stop defending laziness
>>
>>382575497
how are they in master mode?
>>
>>382576856
The exact same?

FYI if you're tired of getting ambushed by Yiga stay far away from marked roads.
>>
>>382575236
lmao you're not playing the game correctly if that's your experience.
You need to get creative to do as much damage with as little weapon usage as you possibly can. Determine whether a camp is worth attacking before you go there.
>>
I'm having way too much trouble with Master mode, it just seems like a chore. Am I supposed to simply run away/around each and every monster at the start? They never die!
>>
>>382577257
Basically yeah.
If you have anything weaker than a Solider weapon, don't bother.
>>
>>382573354

majora's mask breaks the game way more than atk up buff does

you can literally walk into enemy camps full of white bokos and lizalfos, get the DLC treasure drop and then move them down a cliff with freeze + korok leaf
>>
>>382577257
>Am I supposed to simply run away/around each and every monster at the start?

no you are totally supposed to kill a white lynel with sticks anon ;^))))))))))))
>>
>>382577094
sorry dude I'm above being insulted by "git gut" arguments.

It's simply NOT fun to have the combat not be worth the effort. Like I said, cheesing the game is ridiculously easy but it's also not fun.

It's just counter-intuitive to have a combat focused mode where the point of the game becomes to avoid all combat. It would unironically be better to simply have enemies do more damage and change up some enemy placements. As it stands, it's 100% not worth playing through the game again.
>>
>>382577957
lol mad
>>
>>382578025
lol rekt in the argument

gg kid
>>
I still can't beat the third sword trial. The room with the skeleton horses takes half my health every time, then I usually die in the room with the Lynel. I got to the last room once in about 20 resets, but the combination of a Lynel AND 10 of those shits on horseback is just too much. How are people saying this is easy?
>>
>>382578396
What argument that was your opinion, retard
>>
>>382578770
not really, it was an objective analysis on why it's shit. stay mad though
>>
>>382578871
stay in school
>>
>>382578584
For skeleton horse room, throw a bomb into the middle of the pack as they rush you at the start, it knockes them all the pieces and then you clean up easy.

For the Lynels, save an Ancient Arrow, there's 9 in treasure chests throughout the whole thing. Set your slate to detect treasure chests if you're having trouble finding them.
The only hard floor is the 6 immobile guardian floor because it requires that you can actually parry.
>>
>>382578584
use bombs for the skeleton horses horses.

For the last room, fight the lynel first under the tower with the turret so it can't hit you. Also, stasis is your friend.
>>
>>382571928
those are some fat tits
>>
>>382577957
Your supposed to you use the game mechanics. Today I did the sheep quest on the beach near Hateno. I was not nearly equipped enough to take on all the enemies, especially not the two silver bokoblins. I managed to get rid of almost all enemies except for the two silvers and a black one. Had no heals left so I fled to sea where I spontaneously created an ice pillar so the enemies can't get me. While they were throwing stones to get me down I dropped a bomb next to them from the pillar and glided away triggering it. Catapulted all three into the sea, they drowned and I was left with sick loot. That's not cheesing, it's using the game's mechanics. It's what the game was designed to be like. It was satisfying as hell.
>>
>>382577070
define marked roads pls
>>
>>382579757
Look at your map
They're fucking roads.
>>
Which dlc has Zeldas boobs in it
>>
>>382579850
so just say roads lol
>>
>>382580035
Whichever DLC is actually a fan edit of the real one.
>>
>get to the room in the beginning trials with one blue and two black lizalfoses
>decide to try using the explosive barrels on the right platform
>one lizz keeps spitting water at me but the barrel just bounces it back on him
>stasis and fire that motherfucker off
>at the exact moment the stasis runs out a water spit hits the now armed barrel and blows it up in my fucking face

Fuck creativity, it only gets me killed
>>
>>382581341
be more creative
>>
>>382581341
You just got a lightning spell rod on the previous floor.
use it.
>>
>>382578949
>The only hard floor is the 6 immobile guardian floor because it requires that you can actually parry.

that room is literally impossible in master mode

>dude delayed laser shots lmao!!

fuck you nintendo
>>
>>382582536
how come it's impossible in master mode?
>>
>>382583313

I just said why, all the guardians delay the laser in a RNG pattern so you cannot parry it reliably, it boils down to luck
>>
File: 192.png (145KB, 452x478px) Image search: [Google]
192.png
145KB, 452x478px
>>382571928
Is that Zelda an edit?
>>
>>382584320
Yes, that's supposed to be her hands. She doesn't have massive cleavage
>>
>>382583737
>guardians are too easy because they have literally one attack that can be deflected
>their solution to make them harder is to be lazy instead of actually adding another attack
>>
>>382577094
>whether a camp is worth attacking
it's never worth attacking, you get shit tier weapons form the enemies which are literally useless against the enemies on master mode. Some crap from 1 chest like a shit weapon or an opal, and bokoblin parts which you don't need.
Master mode, there is literally no incentive to attack these camps other than for the challenge.
It is much more viable just shooting down a platform, which have higher tier weaponry on them.

It's challenging, but playing on Master mode, which is my second playthrough. I have found myself staying away from conflict, and exploring less.
Though master mode is the only real way to play this game for completion as we all know late game normal mode was too trivial.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
>>382577730
>no you are totally supposed to kill a white lynel with sticks anon ;^))))))))))))
>>
>>382571928

>DLC
>Nintendo

lol their just as shit as every other company
>>
>>382573983
>which even in standard play is a challenge
Tell me you're joking. The first 2 maybe 3 lynels you fight may be hard, but after that their patterns are so predictable and the flurry rush system so easy to abuse that they become as easy as everything else in the game.
>>
>>382575853
But adding literal minions of Ganon isn't?
>>
>>382587034

What's the point of hoarding high level weapons if you don't use them? I don't understand why people are so adamant about avoiding combat when weapons are extremely easy to come across and easily farmable. Sure, when everything is blue or brown and all they have are low tier weapons, it's probably not worth wasting weapons on them. But eventually they start holding dragonbone it's becomes trivial to replenish your weapons after a fight. You're treating your weapons as if they are sacred and scarce resources when they are not and you're making the game worse for it. It's not a problem with the game if you are the one who's not playing as intended.
>>
>>382587712
Bokos are proud independent black women that don't need no Ganon.
>>
Almost every monster camps are placed near water. if monsters are not lizalfos lure them to water and bomb and drown them.

I think everyone knows this tho
>>
>>382587034
>Master mode, there is literally no incentive to attack these camps other than for the challenge.
I think it's fun. That's my incentive at least.
>>
>>382588064
do you not understand master mode?
weapons and enemier are tiered to certain areas but specifically your heart levels.
so in master mode, you are fighting black and blue bokoblins with boko clubs and 3 hearts.
you cant kill them with a full inventory full of boko clubs and you get 1 shot by them.
There is no point of attacking a camp as the rewards are nothing and the risks are 99% probability of death.
The smart thing to do is take out one of the new platforms which give you adequate tier weapons for the level enemies you are facing.

If the incentive and risk/reward to take out the camps was the same as normal mode, it would be no different other than a challenge gap, bt as it is atm, it just seems logical to avoid combat until you level up with more hearts and better armour
>>
File: do_it_Link.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
do_it_Link.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>382580035
Zelda's boobs aren't that great(although they're still better than the other waifus), It's her ass that sets her apart.
>>
>>382589151
Just go grab the DLC Phantom armor set.
You should be able to clear camps with easily replaceable Solider tier weapons when you've got three levels of attack up at all times.
>>
>that master trial end chamber

I love bafflingly huge rooms like that
>>
>>382571928
I'm in the medium trial now, I'm retarded and keep getting killed by the bomb arrows in the third section.

Also
>dat cleavage
Was she always that big?
>>
File: 1498602179178m.jpg (193KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
1498602179178m.jpg
193KB, 1024x934px
>>382571928
Everyone has already agreed that the first DLC pack is simply lazy, bareboned, and worthless, considering the price.

When CDPR could release a god tier HoS and charged only $8 for it, there's no excuse for Nintendo to rip off their consumers with this halfhearted DLC.
>>
File: 1445206368138.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1445206368138.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>382591613
>cave of trials
>isn't a cave
>>
>>382573112
Oh absolutely! I didn't mean I'd be going back in immediately, too many good games out now. I still have to finish Persona 5 and FE Echoes and start Nier and Disgaea 5.
My big issue is that the "gold" tier enemies are locked behind a separate save file where I have to start over.
>>
>>382592256
Shut up hate speech poster
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.