[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy an Xbox One S?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: xbox-one-s.jpg (123KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-s.jpg
123KB, 1280x738px
I need some advice, /v/. Should I buy an Xbox One S?

I own an Xbox One Fat Boy edition that I bought almost three year ago. When I saw Microsoft's E3 in 2016, I told myself I would rather hold off for Project Scorpio instead of buying an S, despite how nice it looked.

Fast forward a year later, the Xbox One S is starting to look a lot more attractive to me. The One X and Microsoft's 2017 E3 ultimately disappointed me. $500 is a hard sale to justify, maybe if it was a new generation console I could probably see the value in it. What ultimately puts me off the One X is the fact that it won't play many games in 60FPS.

I don't care about 4K, I just want a console that can play my games in 60FPS. I would gladly settle for 1800p, 1440p or even 1080p resolution if it meant locked 60FPS as well as better visuals, draw distance, lighting, etc.
>>
Its the same shit. Save your money.
>>
Wait for the X. Even if you don't have a 4k tv you're still getting better performance.
>>
>>382569698
>I just want a console that can play my games in 60FPS
well none of them do that unless you wanna play call of duty
>>
>>382569808
I love the appearance of it and its size and lack of a power cord makes it more attractive because I can easily bring it over to my cousin's house without hassle.
>>
Just get a pc since it gets xbox games anyways
>>
>>382570062
But >499 USD
>>382570073
I think the Xbox One X can easily handle most games at 1440p with locked 60FPS. If not, at the very least games like FFXV, Witcher 3, Forza Horizon 3 and GTA V should be able to be ran at 1080p with 60FPS.
>>382570168
I like consoles better.
>>
>>382569698
>What ultimately puts me off the One X is the fact that it won't play many games in 60FPS.
No one knows that for sure. Sure there are a few examples. like Crackdown 3, but who knows in the future more multiplats may run better on the S. Even if it doesn't hit 60, some problem games, like FFXV, will definitely perform better on the X.

However, a $200 box is hard to beat. No idea why you really want one though if you already have the original Xbone.
>>
>>382569698
you don't have to buy it for $500 you can wait for a price cut,also $500 is how much the bone cost at release why wasnt that a hard sale to justify
>>
If you intend on getting an Xbox console, i'd say wait for the BoneX.

I have a feeling that devs will prioritize their games to run better on the better upgraded hardware, and the default Xbone will struggle sometime soon.
>>
>>382570384
>But >499 USD
You're already debating spending an additional $250 just for a slightly smaller box. With the X at least you're getting future proofing, and when you eventually get a 4K TV(which you will, they cost the same as 1080p and those are being phased out), you'll be glad you got it. You don't have to buy it at launch but buying an S over it at this point in time is just a bad investment if you already own a fat.
>>
>>382570106
You still have to bring the fucking power cord so whats the difference. The brick is big but it aint that big. It would be the same as lugging an extra controller around. But its your money.
>>
>>382570673
I bought the Xbox One when it was price cut to $350 in late 2014.
>>
>>382570869

This. Wait for the X OP.
>>
>>382571129
then wait for it drop to $400,One S is fine but if it sounds like your getting cause its slighty smaller?$250 for a console you pretty much already have but $500 for essentially a next gen console is too much? not trying to shit on you but you gotta admit it sounds dumb
>>
>>382569698
Do you have 4k tv? Yes? Yes. No? No.
>>
>>382572330
I'm also trading in my Xbox One so that should shave off $75.
>>
>>382573046
it sounds like you've already made up your mind,I dont know why your asking us
>>
>>382569698
I got my S for under $200 from some amazon points that included a game. Its nice for if you got a 4k tv and pay extra for 4k netflix or just wanna watch hi-rez blue ray, otherwise why bother.
>>
>>382573638
I haven't, though.
>>
>>382574925
>im trading on my xbox one for an xbox one
This is you.
>>
>>382575570
Well obviously I will do this regardless of which Xbox One updated model I get.
>>
>>382569698
>I would gladly settle for 1800p, 1440p or even 1080p resolution if it meant locked 60FPS as well as better visuals, draw distance, lighting, etc.

then pc is the only choice senpai
>>
>>382576007
No thank you. For many of the multiplat multiplayer games I play, they generally have dead populations.
>>
>>382575867
but the 1S is the same console just smaller, the 1X is arguably a next-gen console and is even smaller than the 1S,I would atleast wait and see what kind of trade in deals you can get for the 1X they will announce them before release unless your NEET theres no reason to get a 1S over a 1X
>>
>don't care about 4K
Don't get it then unless your old xbox one is frying, it's the same shit but has 4K Video content (the games run the same as the weak ass old xbone)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.