[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /v/ the only board on 4chan that's anti-piracy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

File: 1480710539173.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480710539173.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Why is /v/ the only board on 4chan that's anti-piracy?
>>
>>382561712
Contrarianism.
>>
Pardon me, just (((pirating)) this water
>>
File: Pirate vs Fag.jpg (96KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate vs Fag.jpg
96KB, 687x819px
>>382561712
We have been over this a thousand times; shills, moralfags, and fag pirates that try to justify themselves.
>>
>>382561712

/co/ is pretty anti-piracy too unless you're in a dump thread.
>>
>>382561712
Buy games that are made well. Pirate games that are made by assholes.
>>
games are expensive to a point where it's very rare, today, for some guy in his basement to make something really good. there's a limit to what can be done by an indie company. that means we need middle-class developers/b tier studios to make the best games, which means shit has to sell

a game like dragon's crown, nier:automata or persona 3 would never have existed with a team of 2 people like garbage like undertale had

there's also the problem that casuals tend to only buy garbage. so the people with good taste can't pirate, sadly. especially single player games
>>
corporate shills
>>
>>382561862
This.

The top left one is the closest to acceptable, if it weren't for the "not gonna lose a sale" thing. If it was "I wasnt gonna buy it, but I wanted to play it, whatevs" it's fine.

The only acceptable pirate is the one that don't give a fuck. Real pirates didn't go around saying "well, that woman was gonna have sex anyway, so we raped her while pillaging", or "that gold would have went to taxes, so we stole it, same end result for the citizen." just pirate that shit.
>>
>>382562183
yeah, because middle tier companies have enough money to blow and interest to shill on this retarded cave painting forum

if you mean garbage like ea and ubisoft, i doubt anyone here will give a second thought in regards to pirating their shit, at least from a moral standpoint

i suppose western sjw shit that's heard of 4chan via gamergate or what have you might also astroturf here. but i don't care about western garbage, so i'm not affected
>>
Because we're getting older and have jobs, so it's less hassle to just buy the thing and then not actually play it as we await out eventual demise
>>
>>382562145
It doesn't help that devs barely release demos anymore, so most people's first taste of a game is some Youtuber, thus conditioning the 'player' to 'experience' a game more than play it.
>>
Hypocrisy
most tards on v are weebs which immediatly drops their IQ below 0 making them incapable of actually finding out of to pirate a game
>>
>>382562724
during the ps3/x360 days, they started releasing demos as the games became more manageable due to reusable engines and it was easier to just cut sections and make demos. the thing is that the games with demos sold less

so, greedy, big publishers thought to themselves: don't make demos, it damages sales. the reason demos damage sales of shit tier games by ea, ubisoft etc is precisely because the games are SHIT, repetitive and uncreative. so, it gave retarded, uninformed consumers a chance to see through the bullshit advertisement and realize what the games truly were. rather than improving the games themselves, they change the marketing model to appeal to youtubers

demos would definitely help with the good, middle tier games though imo
>>
you seriously need to be autistic to buy something that you can get for free in this sick perverted corporate ruling degenerate decaying world and system that exists only so that rich could get even richer
>>
>>382561953
/co/is tumblr and furfags with the latter trying to push for more furry comics and cartoons so they want to support what they have
>>
>>382563619
THIS, think of it like one of those genetics things
>Don't Get Demo > Don't Get Game = No Sale
>Don't get Demo > Get Game = Sale
>Get Demo > Think it was bad = No Sale
>Get Demo > Thought it was good = Sale

Still a 50/50 chance, and why risk it when you have Yotubers already showing the game off.
>>
>>382563619
>, it gave retarded, uninformed consumers a chance to see through the bullshit advertisement and realize what the games truly were.

Makes sense that they would stop making demos the more shitty unfinished games they made. They are pretty much wholly reliant on sales made by uninformed people at this point
>>
>>382561712
nintendofags moved in and for the most part can't pirate anything

no other board has this problem

I would hardly say most of the board is against piracy though
>>
>>382563735
This.

Don't really care to line others' pockets for some broken mess They can only sell because it was falsely presented to people in a way that makes it seem the most attractive. I'm not funding that shit
>>
>>382564363
Don't kid yourself. Sony friends don't condone piracy for their console either.
>>
>>382564363
Nintendo systems are usually the first to be hacked and have piracy though? Do you not remember the daily WHY HAVEN'T YOU HACKED YOUR 3DS NO EXCUSE threads? Those didn't disappear until Nintendo started banning hacked 3DS from going online.
>>
>>382561712
Just because some autismos make the same thread every now and then doesn't mean the board is anti-piracy
>>
File: eustace.jpg (56KB, 592x246px) Image search: [Google]
eustace.jpg
56KB, 592x246px
Don't mind me just pirating this ship
>>
>>382561862
Jesus christ I can't stand the retarded mental gymnastics piratefags go through to try pretend they don't just do it for free shit
>>
>>382561712
Fansubs are so in grained in /a/nime culture that the rise of Crunchyroll was never going to kill it, especially since some people hate Crunchyroll due to how they started.
>>
How can you flamewar and shitpost if everyone agrees on something?
>>
File: 1494988080716.jpg (79KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
1494988080716.jpg
79KB, 500x504px
I have no fucking idea.
My bet is that it's mostly all the marketing.

When 3ds hacking took off the asshurt was astounding.
>>
File: 1475893429390.jpg (95KB, 600x612px) Image search: [Google]
1475893429390.jpg
95KB, 600x612px
>>382563735
>>382564578
What the fuck am I reading
>>
File: 1498623039791.png (329KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
1498623039791.png
329KB, 555x555px
>Buy stuff on steam
>At any moment they can revoke your entire library
>People think this is a good thing
>>
I don't give a fuck if you just don't wanna pay for something.

It's when you start bragging like you're to smart too buy things, or saying "well the dev is shit so I'll pirate this thing I wanted anyway from the person I hate because that makes sense," or just in general making excuses that you become an obnoxious faggot.
>>
>>382568278
how would they do that anon?
>>
File: 1493186148119.png (307KB, 427x559px) Image search: [Google]
1493186148119.png
307KB, 427x559px
>>382568453
There's almost no reason for people to support modern nintendo with all the shit they've pulled with amiibos, fucked up translations, and region locking. Not to mention that they STILL can't manage to keep up with the demand of their consoles. This has been happening since the fucking SNES, and they still can't seem to make enough switch units, despite how FUCKING CHEAP the materials for the thing are.
They consistently manage to fuck up the most BASIC things a company can do: Listen to feedback from their customers
>>
File: 1358393332181.png (68KB, 270x171px) Image search: [Google]
1358393332181.png
68KB, 270x171px
I do actually download the illegal copy of a game after I know the company made all the money they could in the very first months.
>>
File: smug.png (280KB, 462x490px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
280KB, 462x490px
>>382568768
Oh, I dunno.
Maybe you should check out the terms of service you have to agree to with every update.
Break any of those and you can kiss it all goodbye.
>>
>>382561712
Well, back around the sixth/seventh gen pirating was shit easy so a lot of people went nuts.
Good games didn't sell that well while normie stuff made money and it's one of the reasons why quality of games suffered in later generations.
So that's when the whole "like it? buy it" mantra became more and more popular.
I will never understand people who pirate and like a game but would never spent money on it (well, except when they're poor but poor people usually buy the games when they're cheap to support devs anyways)

Then there are the people who hate piracy because it hurts (or rather might hurt) their favourite company (see 3DS hacking threads and nintenbros).
Drones/fanboys are fucking stupid, that's nothing new
>>
>>382568994
but anon, i have all my games downloaded already, they cant remove them from my hard drives/ssds
>>
>>382563735
Honestly I feel terrible pirating indie games. So I tend to buy those since I know the Dev needs the money to make ends meet or to make something better down the line (ie: Shadowrun games and Klei games) But AAA titles? I don't give a shit. The only game with a huge publisher I gave my money to was Nier, because the dev for creative freedom. But you can bet when FFXV releases, I'm pirating that shit.
>>
>>382561712
Piracy is only justifiable when it is the only way for you to obtain the game.
>>
>>382561953
What's it like on Bizarro-4chan
>>
I generally don't like the image of "I only pirate because there are no demos, I'd buy it if I liked it" garbage. It's dishonest because most pirates are just justifying to themselves why they just want free stuff. I have seen people who pirate, play dozens of hours, and go 'yeah I hated that game, not gonna purchase it'. At some point you need to take a step back and realize you just want free shit. It's barely above nigger tier, but if you can come to terms with that more power to you.
>>
>>382561712
No, /pol/ is too but they are faggots
>>
>>382562546
>yeah, because middle tier companies have enough money to blow and interest to shill on this retarded cave painting forum
But they actually do.

It's not like paying someone to shitpost would be expensive at all. Tons of people already do it for free all the time.
>>
File: 1497832765333.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497832765333.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>382569087
>There are people alive RIGHT NOW that think 3DS piracy hurts Nintendo
>>
>>382561712
Because it's one of the most shilled boards + consolecucks
>>
>>382562546
I don't think you realize how many unique visitors /v/ has. It's one of the highest-traffic video game forums on the internet
>>
>>382561751
This.
fpbp
/thread
>>
>>382567176
And what's wrong with wanting free shit
>>
File: 1495155445159.png (283KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1495155445159.png
283KB, 500x678px
>Same board that hates pic related for being a retard that constantly shouts about being a Phantom Thief any given moment wonders why the faggots that do the same with piracy are so reviled on it
Gee, I wonder
>>
>>382563735
>someone makes something to make profit from it
>"sick perverted corporate ruling degenerate decaying world and system"

wtf
>>
>>382564151
It isn't as straightforward as how you described it. Marketing research was probably done that showed that your game having a demo demo equals more people know your game is trash and don't buy it.
>>
Bring back the shareware concept. Games used to have the first portion of a game comletely free and would be allowed to share it as much as possible and it was free advertizing fo for the full game.
>>
>>382561712
I'm not. Do what you want. Hell I pay for games but still have a seedbox to help out poorfags.
>>
>>382564183
Videogame industry is built on PRE ORDERS and FIRST MONTH sales.

It's a house of cards. Luckily gamers are not intelligent and savy consumers or it would all come crashing down.
>>
>>382569103
the games have to get checked through steam. even if you set your setting for offline it still checks steam. Steam can make it so you don't need to check through steam to launch the games, but they don't.
>>
>>382563735
This. /v/ is filled with normalfags and moral corporate cocksuckers unlike other boards.
>>
>>382574303
it cant check shit if i pull my lan cable
>>
>>382563871
You should stop being stigmatic and furries should stop being retarded and obnoxious.
>>
>>382561953
>>382563871
Guess all those download links that get dropped all the time were just my imagination
>>
>>382570015
Well several things, commie, but at the very least piratefags should admit it rather than try to justify it.
>>
File: 1489710555368.png (68KB, 305x215px) Image search: [Google]
1489710555368.png
68KB, 305x215px
I guarantee that everyone on /v/ who is against piracy has pirated music, TV shows, or movies at some point.
>>
>>382561712
Because you wouldn't download a Dream Staff.
>>
>>382562436
What the fuck does real pirates have to do with anything?

Downloading is not pillaging. Saving shit from the internet is not stealing. Copying shit online is not actual "piracy."

Not gaining profit != theft
>>
>>382561712
FUCK OFF TO /R/CRACKWATCH
NO SUPPORT FOR VIDEO GAMES = NO MORE GAMES
>>
Piracy is never justifiable when it comes to AAA games.
Good thing, Online is the future and you won't pirate any more games. Suck to be you piratefag
>>
Faggots that bitch about piracy get bullied out of /a/, /mu/, /tv/, and everywhere else on the site.
>>
>>382561712
i only pirate from devs who deserve it (EA ubisoft, Bethesda etc)

i give money to inde titles i find interesting or dont play them at all.
>>
>>382561712
What king of fag doesn't take the sword?
>>
>some blame piracy when
>thanks to piracy some games survived time, because companies were retarded to not save the source
>some games are unavailable, unless piracy
>thanks to piracy some indie stuff appeared because they played around with hacking
>in some cases, some games got remade from ground AND SOLD BY THE COMPANIES thanks for those who played around in illegal ways

Then we have the scalpers fucking shit up, or Nintendo charging loads for mini-consoles with hardware not that good. Some collections be digital or disc are badly emulated too and amateurs can do a better job than the so called "paid profissionals"

>>382561964
What if you own a game in multiple devices over the course of decades and you want to play it on a handheld when it is not available there and the only way to play is emulation?
>>
Only PC cucks actually own their own hardware so console cuck get jealous because if they pirate their console could get bricked or lose access to online.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.