[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So as a person who skipped the 3DS completely this is pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

So as a person who skipped the 3DS completely this is pretty appealing to me.
Mostly wanted to play Animal Crossing and A Link Between Worlds. Though I'll probably get Mario Kart and so.e other stuff too.

Any recommendations? Hidden gems? I'm into JRPGs for the most part save for Persona games which have never clicked for me. Pretty open to most genres except Dungeon Crawlers.
>>
>>382553084
You're hacking it and pirating everything, right?
>>
>>382553084
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fantasy Life
Rune Factory 4

My top 3 - others can back me up
>>
>>382553220
Enjoy your piracy sentencing, I just gave the fbi your ip address
>>
>>382553552
I don't even do it myself, I just assume most people in /v/ who plan on getting a 3ds now do it with that interest.
>>
>>382553220
not OP but do you get immediately ban from online games if you play a hacked 3DS?
It's been too long since the last time i hacked a console.
>>
>>382553220
I never kept up with the hacking scene. Can you hack that 11.whatever-something without hard mod yet?
Does this process take hours and hours because I have plenty of disposable income and I'd rather not risk bricking just to save a few bucks.
>>
>>382553220
Not OP, but I'll consider it a long time after its release. I'm interested in this also. Only trouble is, I'm not into anime and JRPG.
>I like there mario stuff and animal crossing.
>Pokémon hasn't been appealing to me in ages.
>I might try some Zelda and metroid stuff
>I like the idea of 999 however.
>>
>>382553084
Fire Emblem
>>
>>382553084
SMTIV
Pokemon Moon
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
>>
The Monster Hunter games are always pretty great. I don't remember much about 3U but 4U is definitely better than Generations. Etrian Odyssey has a cute weeb aesthetic but it IS a dungeon crawler. Quality series, eat my ass OP.
>>
>>382553819
>Quality series, eat my ass OP.
Look man I'm sure it is but I just can't do it. I've tries so many times to get into the genre , but getting my ass handed to me and losing progress because I walked through a door without saving to get jumped by a mob that wipes my entire back row on the first turn isn't fun for me.
>>
Resident Evil Revelations
>>
>>382553696
Only if you cheat in online games are you very likely to get immediately banned. There was a random banwave for some CFW users a few weeks back, and no one has yet to determine the cause besides having CFW.
There are methods to unban yourself, the easiest of which using public friend code seeds that get banned every now and then. I don't know too much details on that.
If you're really paranoid about the banwave because you play online on 3ds often, then maybe you should wait until EOL.
>>382553709
You can hack anything that isn't the latest (11.4), which needs a hardmod or the help of another, hacked 3ds.
>>
>>382553220
Kill yourself.
>>
>>382553696
You only get banned from online if you do something dumb that gives it away
>>
>>382553409
>Fantasy Life

I remember people being pretty keen on this one, will look into it.

>>382553813
Havent played an MH since FU really. How much has changed?
>>
>>382553785
3DS released 6 years ago and still has a few more left of life
999 and VLR were remastered and ported to PC a while ago
>>
>>382554437
There's literally nothing wrong with pirating from nintendo
>>
>>382553786
How's Awakening? I remember there being a lot of arguing surrounding one of the recently FE games but I'm not sure which one it was.
It always looked a little anime for my tastes but I love tactical RPGs so as long as its solid mechanically I'm down.
>>
>>382554394
The random bans were probably from having homebrew cias since Nintendo collects data of the games you launch via spotpass. Turning off data collection via spotpass in system settings or blocking Nintendo's servers on your router are precautions if that's how bans are given out. Homebrew launcher is suddenly becoming relevent now.
>>
>>382554701
Once again, kill yourself.
>>
>>382554906
Once again, there's literally nothing wrong with pirating from nintendo
>>
>>382554819
None of the 3DS Fire Emblems have good gameplay, Awakening and Fates have shitty writing and characters to boot. Echoes is a bit better but the gameplay is almost the same from the 1992 original. Better off going with any of the previous FEs honestly.
>>
>>382555168
>None of the 3DS Fire Emblems have good gameplay
(You)
>>
>>382553084
that looks aesthetic as fuck
>>
>>382554701
I kind of agree but I'm unlucky and something will probably go bad.

After the whole not putting a VC on the Switch so they could sell you the NES mini and SNES mini was pretty gross. Not to mention the way they cry about not having enough resources to make these plastic boxes with emulators and 2 feet of cable for the controllers even though they're a multi billion dollar company who is doing better than they have in years. Selling them for a limited time and empowering scalpers by intentional under stocking is pretty scummy too.

Not sure where I was going with that but I think I just talked myself into piracy.
>>
>>382555153
>pirate game in 2004
>normal discussion
>pirate game in 2017
>YOU FUCKING PIRATING IT BRO??????
end yourself youre cancer
>>
>>382553220
>YES FINALLY A NEW 2D METRO IS
>pirates it
>AH WHY DIDN'T IT GETVA SEQUEL?
>>
>>382555639
Company decisions =/= Game developers, you fucking retard.
>>
Probably the one game you will miss the 3d for is Super Mario 3d Land, which uses the 3d mode very well.
>>
>>382553084
This thing is gonna be fucking impossible to find isn't it?
>>
>>382555816
Aren't people upset that its made by some "b team" devs and was apparently rushed?
>>
>>382555709
Why did you reply to me?
>>382555816
AM2R is better than anything nintendo made lately anyway
>>
>>382555965
I hope not. I think the fact that most people who want a 3DS have one already should help but I'm not sure.
>>
>>382555970
>upset that its made by some "b team" devs

The irony is that last time Metroid got handed off to "b team devs" we got Metroid Prime. But most people on /v/ are too young to remember that I guess.
>>
>>382556018
So that means you shouldn't support it when a company tries to give you what you've been asking for?
>>
>>382556282
You make an excellent point sir.

The Zelda games Co-developed by Capcom were some of the better Zelda games IMHO, so handing off a series/ collaboration isnt always bad.
>>
>>382556324
I don't care about them desu, they're on the same level as Capcom if it comes to jewing people out
>>
>>382553220
there's literally no excuse not to pirate everything. nintendo makes enough money as it is, pirating their first party games won't hurt them a bit.
>>
>except Dungeon Crawlers
No Etrian Odyssey, then? Those are awesome games.

Don't forget the Pokemon games, Smash, Ace Combat, Ace Attorney, Fire Emblem games and others mentioned ITT.
>>
>>382556638
>literally no excuse not to pirate everything

When buying a thing is more convenient I'd say that's a pretty good excuse. There are plenty of legit reasons to buy games. If everyone did what pirates do you wouldn't have games to pirate.

So you're welcome.
>>
File: 1400795643044.png (90KB, 211x258px) Image search: [Google]
1400795643044.png
90KB, 211x258px
>>382556638
Ayyyyyy, can I get a "TRAGEDY OF THE COMMONS" up in here?
>>
>>382555816
>Sun and Moon leaked 10 days early, exposed the 3ds hacking scene like never before
>Still 2nd most sold 3ds game
>>
>>382556815
>Ace Combat

Ayo hol up, I didn't realize there was an AC on the 3DS?
>>
are there many games that run worse on an original 3ds compared to n3ds? keeping in mind that i intend to use it as a pokemon sm/monhun machine.
>>
>>382557082
This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard. There's obviously still going to be a list of how well games sold in relation to each other, regardless of whether people pirate or not. It would have sold more if people didn't pirate.
>>
>>382557568
Both of those are almost unplayable on the original 3ds
>>
>>382556934
A+
>>
>>382556575
But if you pirate their games, you obviously want to play the games that you pirate. Why not buy the games you want them to keep making to show your support for them? If better games get more money, then that's what they'll focus on.
>>
>>382556926
pirating is more convenient than buying. freeshop lets you download directly from nintendo's servers. you get your games digitally for free and it's region free, something that real game cartridges aren't.
>>
>>382557568
Hyrule Warriors Legends is the only real one I know of. It seems like it was going to be a New 3DS exclusive, but then they decided to let people play it on the original with shitty performance if they wanted to. Obviously the other New 3DS exlusives don't run at all on the original.
>>
>>382557839
The Switch is region free for downloads and for cartridges, so it's just as convenient. That means that you'll stop pirating on the Switch, right? Or will you just change your argument to something else?
>>
>>382557839
Don't I have to spend a bunch of time sitting around loading things onto other things and watching screens go black and resetting? And what happens when the e shop for 3ds shuts down or my SD card shits the bed?

I'd honestly rather just support my devs and play my games. You're welcome by the way.
>>
>>382557568
Here's a pretty comprehensive list.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177455
>>
File: 1493078123647.png (57KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
1493078123647.png
57KB, 800x550px
>>382557735
Well, you're right I guess.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1497687284832.jpg (52KB, 1080x622px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1497687284832.jpg
52KB, 1080x622px
>>382553679
Why you sketched?
>>
>>382555476
But he's not wrong, it's all just waifu bait. I didn't play Fates but just looking at the characters, I didn't really need to. Though i hear Conquest had good gameplay, also heard all of Fates story was shite.
>>
>>382558192
>linking directly to pedogaf
>>
>>382558018
Pirates will always change their reasoning just to convince themselves they're not slimy thieves.

>b-but it's not stealing
They call people who hate piracy moralfags, so that means on some subconscious level they know what they're doing is immoral. Whether it's directly equivalent to physical stealing is irrelevant. They still take away a potential sale from companies.
>>
>>382558981
Like I fucking care how are you going to call me XD
>>
>>382559179
>Brazil
>>
>>382559340
>
>>
>>382559375
>>
>>382559436
>>
@382559481
>>
>>382553084
It's actually the best time to buy it.

The big part of the catalog is already out so you have a lot of games to play.
>>
>>382559630
Hence my interest.

Love the look of it too. Sleek as a motherfucker. Was thinking the black/turquoise but the white/orange is so clean.
>>
>>382553084
Get MH4U, Kid Icarus and the Zelda games.

If you like JRPGs, I'm sorry, but most of the 3DS library is utter trash, especially if you're not into Dungeon Crawlers(most of which are still overhyped trash), there's a few decent games though, Bravely Default and Bravely Second are alright if you want some FFV: Electric Boogaloo, but are really nothing more than alright, Legend of Legacy is a decent, heavily diluted SaGa clone, The Alliance Alive is much better but at the moment is JP only, SMTIV is a mess so skip it and go directly to SMTIV:A, Metal Max 4: Gekkou no Diva is the only JRPG on the system at the moment that is actually really good and isn't a port or a remake, so if you know Moon grab it, same with the SRW UX/BX, all the other noteworthy stuff is all the ports and remasters of DQ games or NDS games like the Devil Survivor games or the recent Strange Journey Redux.

The 3DS' library isn't really all that good frankly, unless you're REALLY into Nintendo's largely mediocre first party games or MH.
>>
File: seen some shit.jpg (5KB, 140x172px) Image search: [Google]
seen some shit.jpg
5KB, 140x172px
>>382557679
i live in thirdworldtopia so it's the cheapest option. whatever, as long as i can grope pokemon i'm ok
>>
>>382553084
Can't believe no one has recommended Dragon Quest yet. DQ 8 is a great jrpg. Nothing ground breaking, just a solid turnbased rpg. Can't speak for DQ 7 yet, only just started it recently.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.