[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point to owning this if I can get Persona 4 on the ps2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

Is there a point to owning this if I can get Persona 4 on the ps2?
>>
Vita version is actually better, especially in the gameplay department. If you don't care about the gameplay, watch the anime.
>>
>>382552765
If you have a PS4, remote play is pretty nifty. Otherwise, you won't have fun unless you like monster hunter style games and weeb games.
>>
>>382552902
Yeah, but is it worth forking over $200 kangaroo bucks for it?

>>382553023
I've played 4U on my 3ds and I find that very fun. What monster hunter type games are there for it?
>>
>>382553023
been thinking about getting one for remote play and a few titles. memory card prices are gay though
>>
>>382553236
>Yeah, but is it worth forking over $200 kangaroo bucks for it?
Heck no, don't get the system unless you want it for other reasons as well. It's a really nifty system with more games than people give it credit for, but it's not worth that much.
>>
>>382552765
Persona 4 is absolute shit, if you buy a Vita don't buy it for P4G.
>>
>>382552902
It's mildly improved. It has about as much added content as FES, but unlike FES, it wasn't really fixing anything or made to make the game better. It was more just made as fan service and added content for the sake of added content. As such, it's pretty skippable.

Marie is cancer though so nothing about her is a +.
>>
>>382554961
Am I missing out on much if I just buy the ps2 version? I hear Chie's voice actor is better in this version.
>>
File: 1419267465218.png (662KB, 680x458px) Image search: [Google]
1419267465218.png
662KB, 680x458px
The Vita is the ultimate weeb machine

If you're a weeb you should definitely buy one
>>
>>382555230
Her voice is arguable. Her PS2 voice gets some flack for sounding older than she should be but generally reads the lines better and sounds much more natural. The voice actress that replaced her sounds like she's taking more cues from the japanese voice for Chie which you can say is more accurate but in doing so, sounds really forced and constantly pushes a really blatantly fake enthusiasm.
>>
>>382556886
so the ps2 chie has the better actor? I'm not really seeing any reason to get the golden version then.
>>
>>382557034
lol no, golden chie is better than both the jap and old chie. anyone that tells you golden isn't an improvement over vanilla p4 is just a jelly mustard that can't emulate it.
>>
>>382557034
If you can get Golden, go for it. Like I said, some people like new Chie. I just really can't stand her. Otherwise nothing is worse about Golden. It's just more stuff. There's nothing wrong with just playing it on PS2 though. Nothing added is a must have fix like FES was to Persona 3.
>>
>>382557308
>Otherwise nothing is worse about Golden.

Marie.
>>
>>382557283
I don't want a flame war thanks.
I just listened to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeV4_08y7k
and the old chie sounds much better
>>
>>382554961
This is mostly untrue. The game has more content and is much better upgrade than FES was.
>>
>>382557034
Not really, it's just different kind of bad and awkward.
>>
File: switchbeast.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
switchbeast.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>382552765
Is there a point to owning this if I can Zelda on Wii U or PC?
>>
>>382552765
For other games?
Shinobido 2, Wipeout, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Tales of Hearts R, Digimon, Tearaway, etc.
>>
File: Tearaway_boxart.jpg (24KB, 280x357px) Image search: [Google]
Tearaway_boxart.jpg
24KB, 280x357px
>>382552765
Playing the original Vita version of Tearaway is a sublime experience, genuinely one of the greatest games of all time. So much is lost in the PS4 version, you can't understand until you play the original.
>>
>>382553023
It only has Toukiden that's monster hunter esk.
I wonder what person thinks that portables aren't mainly Japanese games?
The Vita has more western games than the 3DS atm too.
>>
>>382558150
No. There's literally no point to owning this.
>>
>>382558150
The Switch is the next Vita with less support.
>>
>>382558526
Probably bit more support though considering the current mainstream attention it got, but otherwise correct.
>>
File: View of the Clock tower.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
View of the Clock tower.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>382552765
Best version of Tearaway
Original and unique version of Gravity Rush
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Velocity 2X on the go
Blazblue on the go
Wipeout on the go
Shitton of totally-not-Monster-Hunter with guns/good story/etc

It's the ultimate patrician machine

t. Someone who basically forked out 200 bucks to buy this thing and Gravity Rush because he loved the demo.

I regret nothing
>>
>>382559341
Gravity Rush on Vita doesn't really do anything better than what the PS4 version has. Tearaway on the other hand is so much better on Vita.
>>
buy a ps tv and a ps4 controller instead
>>
I say this every vita thread. Now is the time for a price reduction on both the console and memory cards. I would buy one if they did it. I really would. I'm sure they would see a profit in doing so too. How many years has this thing been out?

At least one sale for it. Just one. There are games for this if like to get, dragons crown being one of them.
>>
>>382559591
It's probably because I played it first on Vita and absolutely loved it but it just felt more tactile on the handheld. Flicking the comic pages with your fingers, moving the device around you for a quick aim adjustment, the simplicity of taking it out of your bag and falling around in the commute. I wouldn't say it's better, just different enough for me to prefer it.
Totally agree regarding Tearaway though. It's one of the extremely rare games that work in perfect unison with the device.

>>382559848
Don't. A lot of games won't work because of touch controls (unless they fixed it)
>>
>>382560201
Memory card adaptors have been announced. Get a hacked one and pirate your shit.
>>
File: kev.png (213KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
kev.png
213KB, 500x379px
FUCK MARIE
>>
>>382557283
I'm stuck on Old Chie, though. She sounds like a soccermom but after the first appearance, it really started to grow on me. It's sorta fitting, in a way, and kinda sets her apart from the rest of the waifu harem.
Idunno about you but I don't wanna hear annoying ass high pitch voices all the time when i'm around the investigation team
>>
>>382555230

I think the new chie is a bit nasally, the original Chie possibly sounds a bit older that she should but she's a better actress.

Anyway, here's what you get with Golden over the PS2 version:

Improved graphics (better models, higher resolution)
Gameplay rebalanced (a couple of massive difficulty spikes from the PS2 version are smoothed over)
More special events throughout the year
An extra 3 or so months of game time (extra dungeon, probably 6-10 hours of things to do)
Lots of terrible poetry and a new subplot involving a new girl
>>
>>382553236
Yes, it's worth it.
>>
>>382552765
Only if you can read Japanese.
>>
File: .jpg (58KB, 655x658px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
58KB, 655x658px
>>382553236
>Yeah, but is it worth forking over $200 kangaroo bucks for it?
i got two slim vitas for around $80 each
i'm selling one
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.