[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I kill NPCs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1482536776645.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1482536776645.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Why can't I kill NPCs?
>>
>>382550646
the hero can only hurt creatures of darkness
it's the lore
>>
>>382551035
Foxes aren't heroes of darkness nor are they possessed by darkness.
>>
>>382550646
>>>382551035
>Foxes aren't heroes of darkness nor are they possessed by darkness.
How do you know. Where's the proofs
>>
>>382550646
Seems like a lot of effort without any real benefit.
>>
>>382550646
Because Link is a good guy. He can't even steal in this game, even if you take something that belongs to someone else they just let him have it
>>
>>382550646
Because you're the hero of Hyrule and the Hylian Champion. Link doesn't kill other friendly people and races.
>>
>>382551035
What about the Yiga
Yeah they're followers of Ganon but they aren't made from darkness or anything
>>
>>382552932
They're dicks and you never actually kill them.
>>
>>382553505
>you never actually kill them.
How do you know that?
>>
File: IMG_7979.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7979.png
16KB, 245x235px
Why can't Ganon kill NPCs?
>>
>>382553618
They get up and vanish after you beat them.
>>
>>382553505
You do kill Master Kohga
>>
>>382556001
Nah, he kills himself.
>>
>>382556001
you mean he kills himself
>>
File: IMG_8909.png (246KB, 483x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8909.png
246KB, 483x327px
>Calamity happens(?) off-screen and barely affects anything
>Divine Beasts are petty annoyances
>Champions are force ghosts
>Hylian King is a force ghost
>Zelda is alive because magic
>Ganon's Minions can't die because ambiguous cutscene for radiant gameplay
>Villages are never attacked
>Travelers who get attacked by scripted enemies get a bonk on the head and that's it
>NPCs can't die

Nothing Happens: The Game
>>
>>382557060
It's a game, not a movie.
>>
>>382557257
Then why does it even have cutscenes or a vague attempt at storytelling?
They might've made the gameplay decent if they were going to trash everything else.
>>
>>382557060
>Calamity happens(?) off-screen and barely affects anything
it lead to the world being in ruins
>Divine Beasts are petty annoyances
I found them fun, but each to their own I guess
>Champions are force ghosts
>Hylian King is a force ghost
what's a 'force ghost'?
>Ganon's Minions can't die because ambiguous cutscene for radiant gameplay
they do die, they just get revived about 2 weeks (in-game) later
>Villages are never attacked
ordinarily, no, but you can bring an enemy towards all/most(?) villages if you feel like it
>Travelers who get attacked by scripted enemies get a bonk on the head and that's it
As mentioned above, you can lure enemies to other NPCs and they will still attack the NPC. They didn't script the event of an enemy attacking an NPC, instead they just placed some enemies on paths NPCs commonly take to make the situation basically guaranteed to happen.
>NPCs can't die
true, I think the only open-world game that let you kill everyone was Morrowind, I wish more games did it.
>>
File: IMG_9195.jpg (95KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9195.jpg
95KB, 1440x1080px
>>382558268
The world isn't really in ruins, though. Castle Town was destroyed. That's about it.

I meant story-wise. I mean I didn't really enjoy playing them either, but their impact seemed pretty nonexistent.

>what's a force ghost
Pic related. Character dies, but isn't actually dead. It was less dumb in Star Wars because (until the Prequels) it was sort of ambiguous whether they were in Luke's head or not. I mean why even have the Champions be dead? What's the significance? There is none. It's made even worse by how easy the Blights are, and that they directly aid Link AND partially ruin the Beasts with those dumb red dots.

Again, the latter 3 are mainly complaints not necessarily against the in-game world, but the world building. Villages aren't in distress, Hylians don't seem worried about the Guardian and Bokoblins wandering 5ft outside their village. Nothing about Hyrule seems even disturbed. If you were an average citizen making your way in the underdeveloped wasteland that is Hyrule, the rise and fall of Ganon might not have even affected your daily routine. Where is the heroism in saving a kingdom that doesn't really appear to need or want a hero?
>>
>>382551093
Something has to be wrong with foxes because you can't kill dogs.
>>
>>382559175
Every Divine Beast is fucking up some village. Hylians are getting attacked on the roads constantly. You're retarded. Be original.
>>
>>382559175
>ambiguous
Nigga he has a conversation with Obi Wan in episode 5.
>>
>>382559175
It annoyed me that there's a Guardian roaming near one of the stables and none of the NPCs even care
>>
>>382559175
>The world isn't really in ruins, though. Castle Town was destroyed. That's about it.
did we not play the same game here or did you miss the ruins that are literally fucking everywhere in the game?
>>382559175
>Villages aren't in distress
Gerudo Town, Goron City, and Rito Village are all in distress due to the Divine Beasts causing issues in their region (Naboris with its lightning and regular sandstorms, that appear to be heading closer to the town; Rudania with its meteor strikes raining down on the mines; Medoh with its cannons and wind gusts preventing the Rito being able to fly).
>Hylians don't seem worried about the Guardian and Bokoblins wandering 5ft outside their village.
nearly every NPC that wanders around the overworld mentions feeling unsafe, especially at night. Heck, some of them run if it's dark or raining.
>If you were an average citizen making your way in the underdeveloped wasteland that is Hyrule, the rise and fall of Ganon might not have even affected your daily routine
I guess all the ruins of villages and other settlements and enemies all over the place don't count for some reason, right?

>>382559876
which stable?
>>
>>382559442
>Lizard creates lava rocks to stop Gorons from mining
>>LAVA ROCKS STOP GORONS FROM MINING
>>Gorons don't seem to give a fuck, naturally
>Bird keeps knocking this other bird down when he flies near it
>>Bird NPCs don't give a fuck
>Elephant might flood Zora's Domain at some point
>>Fish are more concerned about Link's allude liason with a dead fish
>Camel creates sandstorms
>>Sandmazons don't give a fuck until Link pesters them about it because ???
Gee whiz, I can feel the strife and agony leaping off the screen.

>Be original
As soon as Nintendo does.
>>
>>382560539
>Gorons don't seem to give a fuck
but they did give a fuck, it was ruining their source of income and had damaged their village (which is why is looks like it was haphazardly made with scrap metal) - if they didn't give a fuck they wouldn't have asked for you to help, same goes with the other villages. This is especially true for Zora's Domain, as Prince Sidon literally leaves the village to look for a Hylian like you to help them out.
>>
>>382557060
>I haven't played the game: the post
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.