[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: 911RRxwjKvL._SY445_.jpg (34KB, 334x445px) Image search: [Google]
911RRxwjKvL._SY445_.jpg
34KB, 334x445px
>>
>>382545956
>Fi
>Motion Controls
>Shit Dungeons
>Shit Story

Take your pick.
>>
>>382546503

It allows for much more precision during a fight. You can use the sword like a scalpel. But what would you know button mashing BOTW fag.
>>
>>382545956
>Overly repetitive (The Imprisoned)
>Handholding Fi
>Backtracking
>Levels in a Zelda game
>Sky overworld with nothing but rocks in it

I still kinda liked it though, just doesn't feel like a good Zelda title
>>
>>382547717
Precision my ass. MGRR had precision, Skyward was RNG in a can.
>>
You can't speed up the text at all
>>
The motion controls didn't work properly for 90% of users because the Wiimote's sensors could be disrupted by wi-fi signals and fucking sunlight.

Fi was annoying and didn't let you take three steps without interrupting you.

The puzzles were simplistic AND the game didn't even let you solve them because Fi would ALWAYS stop you and explain how to perform the puzzles in detail.

The story was boring.

The game's settings were stupidly limited with only three distinct areas.

Flying on the loftwing was incredibly dull, the skies had this horrible piss color to them, and there was nothing to actually discover in the sky.

Literally everything about the game was bad. Every single aspect. Every single good idea in the game was executed poorly and followed up with an even worse idea.
>>
The playerbase consisting of mostly retards unable to grasp simple concepts. Dim lights, new batteries, line of sight, rest your hand and only make wrist movements. WOW DUDE SO HARD!
>>
Nothing?
>>
>>382548132
>MGRR had precision

Skyward Sword was almost literally the same, except you couldn't slice through things.
>>
>>382545956
>Nothing, it was a good game.
>>
File: 1497467783562.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497467783562.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>382547717
I can't help but laugh at how pathetic this is
>>
I loved the game, but i didn't like the 3 fights agaisnt the Imprisoned and the messages about the treasures.
Motion controls were good at least for me
>>
20 hour tutorial
some bossfight 3 times over
world is boring shit
collecting random music notes for no reason

its pretty shit, didnt like it then and I dont like it now.
>>
>>382546503
>Motion Controls
>Shit Dungeons
>Shit Story

these are subjective. There are three things that's wrong about skyward sword
>fi
>hand holding
>fighting toefish demise 3 times.
that's it. If these were taken out skyward sword would be been considered the best Zelda since majors mask.
>>
>>382546503
Except these are the good parts. Its the overworld and the backtracking that's shit
>>
File: fucking garbage.jpg (106KB, 1237x690px) Image search: [Google]
fucking garbage.jpg
106KB, 1237x690px
The worst mechanic in any Zelda game
>>
Nothing. It's still my favorite Zelda to date.

>>382548396
The game uses motion plus, retard, it has nothing to do with sunlight since it communicates via bluetooth.
>>
>>382549624
[citation needed]
[also, you're clearly mad as fuck and samefagging all over the place because you can't afford a switch to play botw]
>>
>>382549624
Lemme rephrase that last sentence. It uses motion plus, which uses gyroscope and accelerometer to measure X, Y and Z movement. Sunlight has nothing to do with this because it doesn't use the pointer
>>
>>382549624

How many Zelda's could you have played if this one winds up being your favorite?

Admittedly I'm kind of hipster in terms of my favorites II and the Oracles, so I don't judge, but I can't imagine you've played through many if SS is your tops.
>>
>>382549741
You are retard if you don't know how Wii. Motion Plus work. I'm not wasting my time on giving you sources
>>
>>382549947
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!!!
I've played all of them except Zelda II and the Oracles.
>>
>>382549994
>d-don't make me back up my bullshit! take my lies at face value so i can defend my favorite (only) zelda game (wii game that my mom bought me)

you gotta be 18 to post on 4chan, champ. grow some hair on your balls and come back in 6 years.
>>
I remember I didn't actually use any sword fighting techniques, I just flailed the sword around like a maniac. How I beat Ghirahim or the game, I have no idea.
>>
>>382550090
>I'm a literal retard who can't even read the manuals of the stuff I buy so I know how it works
Why am I even arguing with you.
>>
File: Eiji-Aonuma2.jpg (86KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
Eiji-Aonuma2.jpg
86KB, 470x313px
>>382549623
But you played an instrument in Ocarina of Time, Zelda game is about puzzles and musical instruments because I say so! Now play your pant flute, Apollo.
>>
>>382550158
it's because the motion controls were so imprecise and shitty that flailing actually worked better than trying to use the controls properly

carefully move your sword and wait for the game to respond? enemies already blocked by the time the game registers your input if it registers it at all

flail? game practically plays itself

>>382550236
because you're an asshurt underageb8 that can't handle the fact that people don't like the game you're desperately trying to justify your mom's puchase of

it's alright sport, we all had a bad game as a kid that we convinced ourselves that we liked because it was our only option. i remember being that way too. you'll grow out of it.
>>
>>382545956

Can one even emulate the game in dolphin and play with a xone controller?
>>
>>382550389
Yeah, people have modded it to use MGRR controls and the same mod even shuts up Fi. It's aces.
>>
>>382550083

You're free to like SS as much you want, much like I'm free to be baffled by the fact that you do. I bought SS on launch and really wanted to like it anon, but I couldn't do with the handholding and the limited scope of the game. By the time I hit the Faron Woods for a second time I knew I was done, and not for any technical issues. Don't tempt me with a vast, unexplored proto-Hyrule then leave me with three little slices that aren't even significantly connected.

If you have a hacked 3DS, I highly advise you run through the Oracles. If nothing else, it's two more titles in the vien of LttP and LA, very solid 2D Zeldas, except for the fucking rhythm mini-games.
>>
>>382550083
You should play Zelda 2. It's fun.
>>
>>382547717
It really doesn't. You have 8 canned sword swings and all they do is get around different telegraphed block variants. There is zero nuance to any of it outside of one or two fights. If you see an opponent block attacks from a direction then you just don't attack from that direction (provided the game registers it properly).

>>382548885
>Can slice in any orientation
>8 pre-defined swings and a stab

No.

>>382550158
Because the most common enemies in the game respond far better to flailing due to how frequently they shift their guard.

>>382550389
Probably. You can emulate the Prime trilogy and use mouse controls (somewhat) so you can probably play this game like that.
>>
>>382548132
You're misusing the term RNG. I think you mean to say "the controls are not responsive" but instead you're blaming a random number generator.
>>
>>382549947
>oracles
Mah nigga. My number 2 and 3 games
>>
File: 1496613016911.jpg (59KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
1496613016911.jpg
59KB, 600x589px
>>382545956
Can this game be played on PC -without- useing a wii-mote?
>>
>>382550937

can you please keep your obscenities out of my family friendly zelda thread?

thx
>>
>people are unironically fond of skyward sword
>people are starting to hate wind waker again
>people consider twilight princess as one the best zeldas
Oh god I thought the zelda cycle was confirmed dead with skyward sword
>>
>>382545956
It's a flawed masterpiece. For all that went wrong there is so much that it did right. Fighting the imprisoned four or five times is tedious as were tadtones. The backtracking involved new areas so complaining about it is silly. Fii is annoying and telling you you're low on hearts is also annoying and should only have happened once per game instead of once per session. Ditto with picking up items.

The empty sky hub never bothered me, it's a hub and not an overworld; the oberworld is split up into sections and this is all due to hardware constraints. The overworld's dungeon-like gameplay is a good thing for those who liked dungeons. It also is similar to Minish Cap.

Controls are the biggest barrier to liking this game or not though while everybody makes it sound like it's the above things. Firstly it required an add on that half the user base did not have. Secondly it was motion controls. Used for swimming and flying too. The controls are love or hate.

Otherwise this game did a lot of things right. The dungeons are perfect. Time shifting stones are the best mechanic in any Zelda game. There ARE some large open areas such as Lanaryu Desert. The Demise battle is epic. The visual style and colors are great and the use of water color in the back to hide the low res is a nice design choice. The sacred realm parts with guardians is cool. The beetle was great. I loved this game, best 3D Zelda (traditional)
>>
File: TheTightestShit.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
TheTightestShit.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>382550937

What's your order between the two?

>mfw exploring old areas with seasonal transitions
Seasons>Ages
>>
>>382551150
When did the "Zelda cycle" meme ever mention a game getting hated again?
>>
>>382551097
you could use dolphin and a mouse to emulate wiimote
>>
File: 1414923996208.jpg (366KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414923996208.jpg
366KB, 1280x720px
>nintendo will never remake/rerelease Zelda 2 with an updated translation so that you can actually finish the game without using a guide
>>
>>382551529
Git gud
>>
>>382551419

BotW was supposed to be hated, then SS would get a new influx of support, and I believe TP was set to become everyones favorite Zelda, according to the Zelda Cycle drones.

Instead, BotW is what it is, SS is still what it was, and they have nothing but memes to cling too.
>>
>>382551367
Ages > Seasons
>>
>>382551529
What can't you figure out in Zelda 2 that required a guide? The game literally has NPCs who tell you everything.
>>
>>382551612
I'm plenty Gud, I just don't like having to reference any external material in order to know where to go and in what order. The guide is meant to replace the in-game dialogue.

If they fixed the ingame dialogue, you wouldn't need the guide.

And don't try to tell me you finished it no problem back in the day. You borrowed your mate's copy of Nintendo Power that told you how to actually do shit in the game and finished it that way.
>>
File: 1328233209211.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1328233209211.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>382545956
People are too focused on the negatives that they can't see the positives.

>cool shield system
>enemies that require you to think
>art style over muh graphics for pleasing visuals
>Ghirahim
>soundtrack

It's not the best Zelda, but it doesn't deserve so much shit like this is the Other M of the franchise. Fill the empty sky, vary the imprisoned fights, and add standard controller options for people who can't stand motion controls and you have a solid game.
>>
>>382551790
What's wrong with the in game dialogue? Are you just illiterate?
>>
>>382551529

First finished the game as a very little kid, on an emulator no less. You can beat any game if you go everywhere, talk to everyone, and do everything that you can do. These basic rules will get you through ANY video game, and if I got that as a little kid I think you can pick up on it now.
>>
File: breaking_the_conditioning.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
breaking_the_conditioning.gif
2MB, 360x202px
>>382551631
>>
>>382545956
It ruined the Master Sword.
>>
>>382551895
They really don't. Attack where they don't block sums up pretty much every single enemy.
>>
>>382552759
Which is more than press A to swing sword and win.
>>
It's full of padding. You need to enter this dungeon but wait, you need to collect the spirit beads, collect all the key pieces, collect all the tadstones, etc.

The story is pretty unsatisfiying too, it tries to build up to something. But the game fucking cockblocks you TWICE to enter the gate of time and when you finally enter it's just a small room with a cutscene. No dark world, no past overworld, no dungeon, no anything.
>>
File: 1468945016544.jpg (8KB, 247x197px) Image search: [Google]
1468945016544.jpg
8KB, 247x197px
>>382551895
You're right with pretty much everything you listed. The assets were all there, it's just the entire system that fell flat. And that's what's so annoying. The fact that it's evident how it COULD have been so much better.

Also
yeah really cool enemies that cover up their blind spot the moment you try to bring your sword to the required angle (don't do it too fast though, or else it'll register as a swing!!!!!!)
>>
>>382552832
I can safely say that I have never played a Zelda game where this is a viable strategy for dealing with enemy encounters.
>>
>>382551906
I'm not the same anon but the in-game dialogue is poorly translated. The villagers give clues on where to go and these are butchered in the poor translation. It was similar with Castlevania 2 (except those villagers have liars among them).

Without a guide, Zelda 2 is very frustrating. It has nothing to do with getting gud and everything to do with getting direction. I played it with Nintendo Power guides back in the day and I'm quite good at the game itself but without those I dunno how far I would have progressed
>>
>>382553980
Give an example.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.