[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2547.png (362KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2547.png
362KB, 620x400px
What went right?
>>
>>382542835
Rebalanced the game and basically introduced standard to yugioh. They fucked up by making crafting material that can't be used to get any card. Literally impossible to get new cards unless you pay. You can barely even grind.
>>
File: 1497149726275.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1497149726275.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
>didnt get dimension gates
>every deck for pve and pvp uses them
>>
Having a more limited card pool made for some potentially interesting strategies with cards that weren't used much before.

However,
The game's still really boring though, and the old cards they started with are still being power creeped anyways. Not to mention they rotated out some card packs for no reason. Have they gone back on that yet?
Maybe introducing Xyz/Synchros could actually fix it as long as they stick to the less good ones, giving most people a reason to run some stuff other than level 4 beatsticks, but nostalgiafags would throw a fit even though there are a bunch of cards from later gens in there already.
Also no card-crafting is just bullshit and makes it more tedious and resource consuming to get stuff you actually want to use. And the card trader rotating out his inventory every day makes it even more tedious if he actually has cards you want but won't show up
>>
>>382542835
Nostalgia pandering. Anti-nostalgia fags got cucked.
>>
>>382543238
Theyre good but plenty of decks can play without them.
>>
File: strike.png (879KB, 1600x1544px) Image search: [Google]
strike.png
879KB, 1600x1544px
TGE GAME IS POORLY BALANCED.

it just doesn't work
There is 0 strategy

Prove me wrong
Youre more likely to win if you go second
>>
>>382543494
>n though there are a bunch of cards from later gens in there already.
Nostalgiafags aren't angry about new cards. They're angry about XYZ/Synchro that invalidate Ritual/Fusion and completely change the tempo of the game.
>>
Its not like modern YGO, which is just first turn masturbation. Lower LP, starting hand and deck also allow duels to be quicker and some skills are pretty fun to use.

But there are a lot of problems with the game too. One of which is the fact that gems are very hard to come by in the later stages of the game and leveling up characters can take weeks.
>>
>>382543791
>invalidate ritual/fusion
Ritual, sure, because rituals are literally just slower shittier Synchros even though Synchros have also been fucked compared to Xyz
Fusions still have some fun stuff though, like Gemknights at least until Links fuck over everything.
>>
>>382543787
I'll still beat you if you go second tho?

checkmate
>>
>>382543791
>>382543932
Also I find it funny how you complain about "changing the tempo" when Duel Links is already way too fast.
>>
>>382542835
Certainly not the rapid power creep
>>
>>382544004
>Duel Links is already way too fast.
>Almost no card tempo
>Special Summons are card effects that are triggered by enemy action or ritual synchro which are screwed by low deck size
u wot
>>
>>382543939
What if you get shit cards.

I drop my card
Kill yours
That you have 0 cards

You put one on. It can't kill my one
My turn
Now I have 2 cards
I kill yours and attack you
You have 0 cards I have 3
Your dead

No strategy just luck
>>
I dropped it cause I didn't like going through the stages.
>>
>>382544073
Games are over way too fast with LP and decks both being too small..
Complaining about Xyz and Synchro making the game too fast is asinine in comparison to how fast speed duels go
>>
>>382544178
..lmao

okay my first drop is some shitty 300 attack 4 star monster and you run it over. Sure lets say that happens.

My next turn I'll summon any water monster and swap it out into a sanga with big wave small wave and I win lel

Or just wipe all your attacking monsters or maybe just flip my mirror wall. you dumb pleb you need to reach master before you post about balance.
>>
>>382544212
>Games are over way too fast
If you don't even know what tempo means, how about you fuck off.
>>
>>382544358
I'm sure most people who are nostalgiafags don't know what it means either. I just hear them complaining about BLACK BORDERS WHITE BORDERS GAMES ARE OVER TOO FAST
>>
>>382544328
I guess we are having a duel right now
>>
JINZO FUCKING WHEN
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>382544178
Just like MtG
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.