[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: tB6pMKtUTomsnATRlRRNxw[1].png (403KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
tB6pMKtUTomsnATRlRRNxw[1].png
403KB, 960x547px
Thoughts?
>>
It appears to be a game of some sort
>>
>>382542514
It is shit.
>>
What should I do next. Think I'll get something to drink then head off to work. Should I even work today. I just want to stay in bed. But I need the money. Should I just kill myself. Not yet. Wait a year and see how you feel. Ok.
>>
>>382542514
it's shit and you'd better not start it because it is also addicting
>>
>>382542514
One of the most enjoyable games I recently played.

I don't know what makes it good but the combat is very satisfying.
>>
>>382542514
It's Dark Souls meets Metroid, and it's as bad as you would expect a combination of the two. Some of the early bosses are okay, but the gear curve becomes atrocious and forces you to swap gear for Elemental resistances just so you don't instantly die to attacks. On top of that, bosses typically have either attacks that are hilariously easy to see coming, or have no tell whatsoever
The atmosphere is alright, though it suffers from a lack of music (All bosses have the same music, so far as I'd seen) and meh graphics.
Admittedly, the controls are fairly sharp, the graphics (while bad in places) are pretty good.
Overall, a 6/10 for the $18 price. 8/10 for <$10
Oh and fuck the Tree of Men.
>>
>>382543550
>bad as you would expect a combination of the two
Bad was probably not the best word to use there. It's not really a 'bad' game, just sort of 'meh'. Like >>382543339 said, it's the kind of game that you get mad enough to put down because of an issue, only to later pick it back up again.
>>
>>382542514

If the art wasn't fucking terrible, i'd play the shit out of it.
>>
It tries to emulate Dark Souls style combat, but it doesn't translate well at all to 2d
>>
>>382543550
How bad are you at the game?
>>
>>382543550
I wouldn't expect it to be bad.
Momodora games are great.
Something about S&S's artstyle really doesn't speak to me though.
>>
Its neat I guess
Wouldn't recommend it though
>>
>>382542514
Its alright. Art style is ugly, bosses suck but everything else is decent. Best part is Co op.
>>
>>382544213
I got stuck at the Tree of Men for the longest time. Got past it and the Husk, haven:t touched the game in awhile. Probably going to pick it up again some time soon.
>>382544264
>>382543789 is me too. It isn't bad, just spotty in places.
>>
>>382544548
Tree of men is rough, I had a hell of a time getting past him on poison daggers.

You should keep playing.
>>
>>382542514

I enjoyed it enough to go for Platinum on the PS4 version. It's been a while since I last played but I found it to be a decent game. That final boss theme was 10/10 however.
>>
>>382542514
Falls from the same trap as soul games. Dodge rolling is a terrible mechanic that ends up making every boss (and enemies) feel the same. There's a few like Tree Of Men that are somewhat different and ultimately ends up being the best as a result but they are a rarity.

I think the worst was to play this after rabi ribi and Wings of Vi which actually understand how 2d fights should be and offer bosses with interesting mechanics and diverse patterns requiring different method of approach.
>>
File: Garland.(FF1).full.1460011.jpg (189KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Garland.(FF1).full.1460011.jpg
189KB, 961x1200px
>>382545816
>Tree Of Men
>The best
Hold the fuck up.
>>
>>382542514
It's great, fucking buy it. A better Souls game than DaS 3, best current Metroidvania, second only to Hollow Knight. A ton of weapons to choose from and a lot of movility options.
>>
I can't take it seriously as it is such a shameless rip off and animates like a newgrounds flash game
>>
>>382542514
Best covenant system, by far.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.