[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

space trader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: XM8K6dU.png (39KB, 705x577px) Image search: [Google]
XM8K6dU.png
39KB, 705x577px
I'm looking for a space trader sandbox that has a distinct dinky rust bucket feel, none of that shiny space trucking found in Elite Dangerous. Space tech closer to what the Wing Commander movie has.
Is X Rebirth a useful option? The game's getting shit on apparently for making the player interact with the world, instead of with menus. Are modern space traders just impatient shitheads or is it really bad? Any other suggestions?
>>
>>382540796
You mean something like Rebel Galaxy? I never played it, but I can tell you to avoid Rebirth. Go for the X3 games if you want to play them.
>>
>>382541654
I've seen how much X-Tension dumbed down X, so I'm wary of its sequels
>>
battlecruiser 3000AD

lol
>>
>>382541784
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxUx96-6-dw
Go through this before getting Rebirth. It is almost unanimously agreed that X3 games were the best ones.
>>
>>382540796

X Rebirth is pretty good once patched and even modded if you're so inclined.

Also check out Starsector, def nails the whole space trucker vibe and aesthetic.
>>
>>382542232
looking at the video, for example the dude's complaining about not haivng a single listing of what's sold or bought on a station, but instead the player has to find the individuals and their offers. But, that's not a bad thing, is it? The X universe is kind of cyberpunk in its style. It's not shiny, it's not comfortable. It's like a seedy space port with no coordination among vendors. There is no central market, no listing. Are space trading "fans" all about that efficiency? Dude complained about spreadsheets early on, but then wants his space trader to be one?
>>
>>382543040
I don't know but it sounds like the sort of thing that would make me throw my computer out the window.
>>
>>382543486
oh, it's definitely not for everyone, it's the antithesis of efficiency and convenience. It just happens to be a perfect fit for a cobbled-together feel of the world, a world dominated by things growing anarchically, instead of having a central authority. It's why I was specifically looking for that "dinky rust bucket feel", to be a shady trader in that confusing mess, make ends meet in a merchant's chaos, instead of minmaxing an efficient market
>>
There's 3030 Deathwar redux which is like the Escape Velocity and Transcendence games but set in a retro-80's style universe with neon lights, indiana jones as the protag and a so-bad-it's-good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxMlXnIGOqs
>>
>>382541654
Rebel Galaxy has achievements. That's unfortunate.
Also seems like the movement system is not very thought out. Oh well
>>
Everspace is okay.
>>
>>382545694
Is Everspace even a space trading game?
>>
>>382547764
seems to have a combat focus but some hint of trading features. I'll find out soon enough
>>
bump again, can't fly this bucket straight, I guess the thruster got bent on that last collision
>>
bump
ah dammit! operator, I'm coming in! Better clear the landing bay, because I can barely keep this tin can straight
>>
bump
fuck me! I just had this turret installed!
>>
>>382540796
Freelancer?
>>
>>382540796
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlixbA7_CH4
It's more like offline 2d eve online though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.