[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This gives me Sonic 06 flashbacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

This gives me Sonic 06 flashbacks
>>
>>382538262
You must be 18+ etc.
>>
A FUCKING hat
>>
>>382538262
It should be giving you Adventure flashbacks, but you're probably too young to even know what that game is.
>>
>>382538262
Nintendo can't make a game as bad as Sanic 06, even if they tried.
>>
RUNNING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
>>
What is this meme about? Adventure had realistic humans too, and it looked even more out of place.
>>
File: Donkey_Kong_95_-_Ingame_9[1].gif (10KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_95_-_Ingame_9[1].gif
10KB, 256x224px
>>382538262
It should be giving you Donkey Kong flashbacks.
>>
>>382539285
>95
>>
>>382538616
>what is mario sunshine
>>
>>382539285
>Donkey Kong on Game Boy introduced some of Mario's acrobatic jumps
>Mario 64 standardizes the use of said jumps for future 3D Mario games to come
>Mario Odyssey is made by what is technically the remains of the teams of both DK94 and Mario 64

It all comes together...
>>
>>382538262
You know you're high when you start to see a really short mustached italian plumber in red running beside you...
>>
>>382539504
A great game
>>
>>382539504
Remember when the Sunshine beta had real humans before Pianta?
>>
>>382539583
>mario sunshine
>great
OH BOY I SURE LOVED THE FUCKING YOSHI LEVEL
>>
>>382538262
What an original opinion anon!
>>
>>382539647
half the stages in the game have yoshi levels
which one are you upset about
>>
>>382539504
Sunshine is nowhere near Sonic 06 levels of bad. This is coming from someone who considers Sunshine the worst 3D Mario and has always preferred Sonic.
>>
>>382538262
Have you played Sonic 06?
Most of the game's flaws were functional, not cosmetic. Mario Odyssey actually plays like a functional Mario game whereas Sonic '06 is a horrendous attempt at being an HD Sonic Adventure-esque game with broken controls, Sonic handling like a greased pig on ice, Silver platforms like a bag of hammers and the game's so terribly compiled it loads its own loading screens.
>>
>>382540131
man you really just don;t know what the fuck you're talking abbout
>>
>>382541358
No he is right about pretty much everything.
>>
>New Donk City
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>382539504
Sunshine is a good game, just a bad Mario game if that makes sense.

The essential of Mario is Running and Jumping. Fludd tweaked the elements way too much and it's only rewarding to people who truly master the mechanics instead of just being fun for everyone.

It's the least accessible Mario and the whole point of Super Mario from the get go was to be a game anyone could play.
>>
>>382539932
Sunshine isn't even mediocre, it's an amazing game you agreeable donut. You're worse than the other guy.
>>
>>382541903
>just a bad Mario game if that makes sense.
No, it isn't. I swear the lard-for-brains faggots on this board will agree to anything someone else says, or try to bargain.
>>
>>382539528
Haha wow yeah that's what weed totally does xd epik

Go away
>>
>>382541903
>he said the "it's a good game, but it's a bad _ game" meme
>>
File: IMG_2861.png (119KB, 217x262px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2861.png
119KB, 217x262px
>>382542838
>>he said the
Sure is summer in here!
>>
>>382542432
Do you really think Fludd was a good design choice, I mean the starting one where you hover in the air is alright because it's the same basic properties of Yoshi's Flutter Jump but after that the game becomes messy. The Rocket Jump requires precise measuring.

It's not what Mario is about. Mario is about tight and easy to learn controls.
>>
>>382542364
I don't get this 'Sunshine is bad' meme either. I've never heard a reasonable, valid argumemt in favor of calling it undeniably a bad game. It's really a matter of taste. The game itself regardless of whether you enjoy it, is high quality.
>>
>>382538616
they probably can't but they're trying
>>
>>382542970
?? Who are you to decide what Mario is about? And how does an argument like that, ever mean a game is objectively bad (not that a game really can be).
>>
>>382542450
Kid, you do know that you can be high on mushrooms, right?
>>
File: super_mario_odyssey_6-720p[1].jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
super_mario_odyssey_6-720p[1].jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>382538262
Sam- oh wait, you're retarded
>>
>>382538262
Well, it is just one single stage in the whole game so you should inform yourself better.
>>
>>382542970
>The Rocket Jump requires precise measuring.
How can anyone possibly think this? There are maybe 2-3 spots in the entire game where you have to rocket in any direction other than straight up. All I can think of are Corona and the Pianta tree, and only the Pianta tree is remotely difficult to land on.
>>
>>382543128
I think you're getting more flustered at an expression than you need to so I'll avoid it.

Super Mario Sunshine is a "Black Sheep" of the franchise. It strays so far away from the core formula that it alienated a portion of the fanbase.

>Who are you to decide what Mario is about?
I'm not deciding it that's what Mario is it's what the series has been starting with Donkey Kong, SMB1, 3, World, and so on. You, you jump, you get through challenging obstacle course. You don't fuck around with Fludd and have to refill him like a goddamn Super Soaker.

But anyway that's not to say Sunshine is a bad game, it's not my favorite Mario but I can get why people love it. I for one love two of Nintendo's other "black sheep" entries US Super Mario Bros 2 and Zelda 2: Adventure of Link.

My biggest problem with Sunshine is how really limited the setting is, the tropical setting is kinda lame. And I just think Fludd is just annoying in how it complicates things.
>>
>>382544189
>You don't fuck around with Fludd and have to refill him like a goddamn Super Soaker.
Well if your definition of a Mario game is "one where you platform through a course but WITHOUT fludd" then of course Sunshine is a bad Mario game.
But adding one additional platforming mechanic which is nothing but a hover jump doesn't suddenly make it not Mario.
>>
>>382538262
its nintendo so its automatically goty for 90% of people here
>>
>>382542364
>>382542990
When did I say it was bad? I said I think it's the worst 3D Mario. I never said it was a bad game. I feel Sunshine and 3D Land are both decent and the rest are varying degrees of great.
>>
File: Solaris_the_Sun_God.jpg (237KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Solaris_the_Sun_God.jpg
237KB, 2000x2000px
>>382538262
is the Mario Odyssey final boss gonna be goofy shit or is it gonna be a god asspull like your average japanese game?
>>
>>382544851
>But adding one additional platforming mechanic which is nothing but a hover jump doesn't suddenly make it not Mario.
It's a Mario, but a Black Sheep entry in the series. Sequels can change up the mechanics to innovate gameplay and when the sequels don't continue those additions they become black sheep.

>Zelda 2
>Put combat on a Sidescroller Plain ala Super Mario, becoming vastly different from the mechanics of the original.
>All the following 2D Zeldas base their design on Zelda 1, 2 becomes a Black Sheep.

>US Super Mario Bros 2
>Added multiple characters with alternate stats, the ability to grab items and enemies and the throwing momentum mechanic
>It wasn't as popular as SMB1 so Nintendo based SMB3 on the first game

>Sunshine
>Added Fludd to put an additional branch of movement control to Mario, design wise went a bit further than 64 in having mission based gameplay
>None of the sequels kept Fludd in and the series went back to a more straightforward goal system

For real if the 3D Mario that follows Odyssey doesn't include the Possession mechanic then I'll be read to call Odyssey a black sheep as well. It's not calling the game bad it's just that it stands apart from the other entries.
>>
>>382541535
What if Donkey Kong is the mayor. That would explain why pauline is there as well.
>>
>>382538616
>>
>>382538262
>developed by rareware
>>
File: 1447814969125.jpg (11KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447814969125.jpg
11KB, 210x240px
>>382538616
You don't remembuh?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.