[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into Castlevania?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 8247907bd8c6f3169e1ef49b25228787.jpg (717KB, 1618x1213px) Image search: [Google]
8247907bd8c6f3169e1ef49b25228787.jpg
717KB, 1618x1213px
How do I get into Castlevania?
>>
You play the games
>>
>>382533795
this

desu I never played sotn, just aria of dawn and ecclesia, its a cool series; story nonexistant, just fun.
>>
just play that one OP
>>
>>382533398

You choose between one of the types of Castlevania. There is the old school platforming, side scrollers with a set procession of levels. You can start with the first one if that's your bag. Then there are the Metroidvanias. If you ever played a game in that genre you'll understand what they are. If not its basically an open map gated by various items with backtracking. If that appeals to you more, start with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and play the games that follow up that story involving Soma. Then there are the third person action adventure, beat em up types. You could try out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and its sequels if that is your thing.
>>
>>382533906
>story nonexistant
the complex story and characters is the only reason the series still has life.
>>
>>382533398
You play the games, as >>382533795 said. Therefore there are something you should consider - if you cannot into low graphouni, you should begin with the Symphony of the Night. Not that it had super Unreal 154 engine, but it has cood design and awesome ost. If you can into good old platformers, begin with Super Castlevania 4.
>>
>>382534202
> You could try out Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and its sequels if that is your thing.
THAT'S! NOT! CASTLEVANIA!
It's kinda of Prince of Persia in means of gameplay, and it's completely different universe, that isn't connected to Castlevania lore at all. Sure there are some names taken from original lore, but it's completely different thing, relaunch.
>>
>>382534539

It is Castlevania, just as you said, a relaunch. You're still a Belmont, you're still trying to slap Draculas shit. Don't get butthurt just because they decided to go DMC/GoW/PoP with it.
>>
I've played 1, skipped 2, played 3. Should I play 4 or just skip straight to SotN? What comes after?
>>
>>382533398
>>382534739
Play Super Castlevania 4, if you don`t like it go to syphony of the night and if you don`t like that try Castlevania Curse of Darkness
>>
RONDOPCENGINE
>>
>>382534739
There are some lines.
C3 Dracula's curse -> Dracula X -> SotN -> Aria of Sorrow -> Dawn of Sorrow

Castlevania Bloodlines -> Portraits of Ruin

Rest are somehow on their own, though connected to main line.

Harmony of Dissonance, CIrcle of the Moon, Order of Ecclessia, Lament of Innocence, Curse of Darkness, that one about werewolf, rest of platformers.
>>
>>382534728

>You're still a Belmont, you're still trying to slap Draculas shit.

No you're not, and...no you're not.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.