[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jak and Daxter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iVFoX.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
iVFoX.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
I remember playing Jak 3 on my good old PS2, and that perfect combination of action, platforming, cool quests, dungeons, vehicles and that sweet free roaming. I loved the interactivity with the world, at least for being a platformer, mainly because the evolution of the society that you can see while you were advancing on the main quests, and also how unique the world looked like, I mean, I can't see any other work that this game took a direct inspiration (not like the 90% of western RPG, for example, that every one of them are just Tolkien fanfiction).

Any thoughts of this franchise?
>>
Good series, I think I prefer the first one mechanically but it's too easy and too short. I think they're all good though. Some people like 1 but hate the other two or like the last two but hate the first one.
>>
>>382532376
Furry shit
>>
>>382532376
>I can't see any other work that this game took a direct inspiration
mad max you fucking retard
>>
>>382533015

nah son
>>
Crash was better
>>
>>382533015
what? it's not a post-apocalyptic shit m8
>>382532868
yeh, 1 and 2-3 feels like different games, but I liked them all desu.
>>382533185
They are way different to be compared, I mean yeah they are platform games, but jak also has those adventure elements that make them more "Zelda-ish" (would this be correct? I mean there are dungeons quest and all that shit)
>>
>>382532376
> that sweet free roaming
What the hell is there do even do in the Jak open world besides collect orbs?
>>
I hope we get a crash trilogy kind of deal with Jak next.
>>
>>382533528
yeah, it's mainly gathering collectibles.
But I didn't mean that this game was a good open-world game, but the world really felt alive, and I just enjoyed to explore all the places of the world.
>>
>>382533672
But we are
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-03-jak-and-daxter-games-are-coming-to-ps4
It's just that the marketing campaign still hasn't started, but soon everybody will remember this games just as crash did.
>>
>>382532868
For me it's
2>1>3
2 is my favorite of the series. I really loved the difficulty and gameplay of it.
I like one for it's grand atmosphere.
3 Just didn't impress me.
>>
>>382533824
That's not the same thing as the crash trilogy, they're just dumping the ps2 games in 1080p.
>>
1 was an excellent game, all the mechanics were tight and pleasing. The obvious complaints are that it was too short and too easy, but that's pretty minor.
Jak II and 3 was bogged down by tons of bullshit. The core gameplay was watered down with a bunch of extraneous mechanics, none of which worked very well. When you hit a pure platforming level it was pretty fantastic but there was too little of that, and too little polish in general.
>>
>>382534859
We still don't know, they just didn't share any footage of the ps4 game, just an announcement.

>>382535352
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.