/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
Thoughts?
>>
Almost went under my radar, pirated it, probably my 2nd favorite game of the year after Nier
Not very replayable though, highest difficulty is way too easy
>>
Game so fucking terrible, bethesda fired arkane founder
>>
It's okay. A solid 7/10. Could have been better, more choices, and more of your choices you can already make in the game better recognized, but they didn't feel the need to do that apparently.
>>
>>382530014
>Not very replayable though, highest difficulty is way too easy

Very accurate. Word around the office is they're reintroducing some of the cut content in an upcoming update/DLC. I'll play through it again then.
>>
>>382530014
>highest difficulty is way too easy

I disagree, the enemies hit pretty damn hard and have a huge HP pool.
I managed to overcome this by heavily investing into stealth and crits, also throwing containers at those fire phantoms.
What the game needed were more enemy types and weapons.
There isn't even something like an assault rifle or SMG, not even talking about special weapons like rocket launchers and shit.
>>
>>382529914
I hate how little pay off you get for not using Neuromods, it's the exact same dialogue as no Typhon mods, even in the after credits debrief.
>>
>game gives you alien mods then punishes you for using them

Other than that it's pretty good
>>
>>382530446
>Turrets that are always broken will target you

Oh no
>>
Garbage. Demo on consoles.
>>
>>382530535
Shut the fuck up you cretinous fuck. /v/ loved Arkane for years, until all of a sudden a bunch of angsty piece of shit cynical teenagers start bashing great games without reason.

I see you in every Prey thread, yet you always copy and paste the same hate each time. Get a life.
>>
>>382530721
If it makes you feel better I don't even understand what he's saying. "Demo on consoles"? As in, play the demo and that's all you need? Or is he saying that a console demo is some sort of betrayal to him and his PC? Or is he calling the console version so bad it's like a demo? Or, what??
>>
>>382529914
I felt bad pirating it it's a good game 7 or 8 / 10
The biggest problem i have with it is that it's called prey instead of system shock 3 and that the end of the game is where you would expect a prey game to start
>>
>>382531097
system shock 3 is being made by warren spector
they wanted to call it typhon
>>
>>382529914
Art design is ugly as fuck.
PC version is basically the ps4 version with very minor upgrades.
Shitty story.
Name is taken from another game, that this has nothing to do with. Annoying people who liked that one.
Shitty enemies.
It was shilled to high heaven on youtube and twitch, that turned a lot of people away from it due to how fucking obvious the pay for positivity was.
>>
>>382531207
Oh i didn't knew about SS3 being made
Typhon is a prety bad name, something lile prey and hunter would fit better
>>
>>382529914
Good game
Only thing that bugs me is that there are like 5 guns in the game, which you can upgrade just with passives.
>>
File: 1477950014407.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477950014407.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
>>382530721
So fucking what? And now we don't like them anymore. Suck a dick shill
>>
>>382530347
Not the guy your replying too but GIT GUD, son
>>
>>382533965
Meme spouting retard who doesn't even know in which context this applies.
>>
Asking /v/'s opinion, expecting any response other than

>subjective opinion
>subjective opinion
>subjective opinion
>subjective opinion
>subjective opinion
>anime picture
>"it's shit"

Watch some YouTube videos and use that to decide if you want the game or not. Save yourself the time.
>>
solid 7 out of 10. Bugs on the PC release including save corruption that was incredibly widespread sorta ruined it for me on there, after having to restart from a softlock on the third run, I moved to PS4, unfortunately it had all sorts of weird, funky ass input delay. They fixed that not too long after launch but really if it takes longer than a day it's too long, especially for something that was present in the demo too. Really disappointed in that.

The game itself is fun though, only really has the content/build variety for two or three runs though. You kinda just go alien, or not alien, and that's it.
>>
>>382529914
Absolute trash.
>>
The closest we're gonna get to system shock 3. Wasn't that bad. Fun while it lasted, but kind of forgettable. I'm so glad they ditched the old storyline for prey, because it was stupid as hell.
>>
>>382535770
It was too grand and too ambitious. It was the same shit as xenogears, they had a huge fucking arc set up, xenosaga being 6 games to tell ONE part of the story was just the DUMBEST shit, and it failed, understandably so. That said, I did like tommy as a character. It reminded me of turok a bit, racist as that probably is, damn fun to do that spiritwalking shit.
>>
>>382535930

Weird, because i've always considered Xenogears to work pretty well on its own. Not much left unanswered.
>>
>>382535770
>closest we're gonna get to system shock 3
>when Warren already working on SS3
>>
>>382536150

I stand by my statement. I think Prey is going to end up being more system shock than system shock 3.
>>
More disappointing than Justin Trudeau
>>
File: 9682-620x-xenogearstimeline.jpg (103KB, 620x512px) Image search: [Google]
9682-620x-xenogearstimeline.jpg
103KB, 620x512px
>>382536104
It's a self-contained story but designed to be part of a larger arc. Xenosaga was meant to be one of the earlier parts, talking about the origins of some of the thematic elements that we eventually see in xenogears, and trying to more efficiently define things that WEREN'T clarified upon, like where deus came from before being sealed, who fei is reincarnated from, that sorta shit. Xenosaga does a pretty okay job of clarifying a lot of that, actually, but still, you have to look for it. It feels like they never went for it full out because of, well, their terrible budget management, and also the fact it was so retardedly ambitious. Trying to set something across a literal universe is just a bit much for normal people to swallow, even if it's linear and well-defined. Prey 2 was being set up to do just that, and while everyone jerked off how good it looked, imagine how much variety there REALLY could have been in bounty hunting space targets.
>>
>>382534135
>"asking /v/'s opinion"
>5 out of 7 posts are opinions
You don't make sense.
>>
>>382529914
kinda boring. stealth is made worthless too early into the game, weapons feel impotent, enemies are samey and psi mods are ridiculously overpowered. towards midgame i was basically spamming psychoshock to one-two bang most enemies and after that it was just chaining different psi powers since abilities don't share cooldowns. i don't know if it was trying to be a survival horror or magic action rpg because it was terrible on both fronts
>>
File: Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
Prey 2017-05-08 19-08-44-30.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>382538492
>stealth is made worthless

Getting a 250% bonus damage on enemies is worthless to you?
>>
File: 1488562234223.png (650KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488562234223.png
650KB, 720x540px
>>382530721

>They make one good game in 2006
>Lot of bad cancerous shit after
>V LIKED THAT ONE GAME THAT ONE TIME IN 2006 SO NU UH

Can you please, just leave? Just go. They had promise once a long time ago when they made Dark Messiah then a glimmer of hope once again in 2012 with Dishonored, but they have a track record of 3 bad games for each good one. And their last arguably "good" game was in 2012, five years ago.

Shut up, stop being such a faggot and move along. I would have preferred if they disbanded after the original Dishonored, at least their pride would be intact and your statement would be a correct one.
>>
>>382530027
Proof?
>>
File: mimic detection system.jpg (413KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mimic detection system.jpg
413KB, 1920x1080px
Thought it was fantastic.
>>
>>382530446
Protip, the second level of hacking makes turrets a non-issue.
>>
File: 1493463228779.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1493463228779.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>382538492

Remember when the Real shills were on this board, saying that it was a new age System Shock 2? Nothing gets on people's bad side like telling them what to like, by referencing something far better and being haughty enough to claim it was inferior to this hip new game.

Maybe in a few years time this new Prey might be seen as just average, but they didn't advertise this title with the finesse and care they should have because it is basically butchering a beloved series. I hate it cause it calls itself Prey, while having NOTHING to do with the original Prey.

It'll be a cold day in hell when I buy this.

RIP Tommy, nvr 4get.
>>
>>382529914
wrench build is OP so its a good game in my book
>>
>>382530347
>I disagree
You mean you suck ass.
Even on a human ability only run the game was piss easy because every encounters are limited to two enemies max.
If you play with typhon abilities it's even worse: just buy psychoshok III and it's ggez.

Unless you play with a controller this game is not challenging at all on the hardest difficulty.

They failed to properly scale up the difficulty honestly. I did an easy run for the no neuromods achievements, and to my surprise I encountered the exact same amount of enemies, and they seemed to have the same amount of hp (mimics from the begining needed two taps from the wrench too); the only noticeable difference was the damage they delt.
>>
>>382531412
The art design is great and clean as fuck art deco style
>>
>>382540826
that's because they cut out a lot of the difficulty mechanics, including shit like oxygen mechanics and permanent injuries.
There are mods to re-add some of them already
>>
>>382534135
>Ask for opinions
>got opinions
Wowzer
>>
>>382529914
6+/10
A decent game but dosnt stand out as much more than a Bioshock in space.

Weakest parts are the enemy and combat variety, the fact you only have 3 guns and the awful story.
It can look great at some parts but the art style is very generic and dosnt really do the art deco style justice.
Love the glue gun and level design, shame about the loading screens every 15 minutes, a dedication to fully open world station would make it a 8/10 for me.
>>
>>382540826
Human only is easy as fuck and is what makes makes a normal run easy. No mod or xeno mods only is how you make it harder.
>>
starts alright but turns mediocre
>>
>>382540826
It has the same power creep problem as Dying Light, there's an amazing sweet spot where you feel effective but still threatened, but eventually the combat becomes a joke.
That said I don't think the combat was meant to be the main draw of the game though, rather the atmosphere and lateral thinking allowed to you in solving problems.
>>
>>382540539
I hope you threw a recycler charge in there
>>
>>382540939
I'm glad oxygen meter and weapon degradation were removed honestly, that sounds like the opposite of fun.
>>
>>382541036
>xeno mods only aka psychoshock only
>hard
>>
File: 1484211035986.jpg (20KB, 225x257px) Image search: [Google]
1484211035986.jpg
20KB, 225x257px
>>382541114
>there are people that invested in leverage when a recycler charge gets you through situation where you'd need it
>>
>>382541316
>not using leverage to throw shit at enemies

Look at this pleb.
>>
>>382541285
>make it harder
>harder
Human only run is far easier. More health and movement options not to mention fully upgraded weapons and a large inventory for hoarding shit. The fucking disruptor also fucks all but one or two enemy types. Not that it matters because all your weapons fuck everything and you've got basically infinite ammo and health. Human only is harder. If you honestly had more trouble with it you're fucking terrible.
>>
>>382529914
I think the idea for mimic enemies was really cool because a lot of the game is offices or workshops where of course you're going to have a bunch of duplicate objects. But all the phantom class and above enemies are super boring and super shitty and their projectile/aoe attacks are almost impossible to dodge before you get all the speed upgrades because most of the game is in close quarters. The techno dudes die in 3 shots to the taser and by the time you have to fight psychics your pistol is strong enough to kill it before it can even react.

The abilities seemed kind of cool when I started but I think the game is poorly balanced since 90% of them are totally worthless. Especially alien powers.
>>
>>382529914
very fun game

but IMO the twist ending was really shit, and was probably only done because bioshock had one. I fealt like it takes away a lot of the impact of the rest of the game to find out that none of your choices really mattered, and to have the whole game boil down to a "help or kill"
>>
>>382540442
https://bethesda.net/en/article/5WUTxSzVbUmm0KGmwwuGUK/a-message-from-raphael-colantonio
>>
>>382541959
It ruined the entire narrative for me.
>>
File: Prey.png (883KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey.png
883KB, 1920x1080px
>>382529914
Pretty good, probably the closest a spiritual successor to SS2 ever came. I hope they get to continue the story with something that isn't a simulation.
>>
It's ok - definitely a 7862501 out of 10000000.
>>
Game of the year for me so far, but I still have a ton of stuff to finish.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.