[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gears 4 is 135Gb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: ghsfsgh-gears-of-war-4-vertical.jpg (65KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
ghsfsgh-gears-of-war-4-vertical.jpg
65KB, 612x380px
M$ really shat the bed ------AGAIN------

https://segmentnext.com/2017/06/09/new-gears-war-4-update-will-take-size-close-135gb-pc/

-------MEANWHILE-------

>Bulletstorm torrent repack is 4gb in size and game is better than gears 4

>Vanquish repack is 14gb and is a better game

>Previous gears of war fit on an 8gb dvd for xbox360 and are better games
>>
>>382526192
Vanquish is 18GB installed. 16GB of that is video.
>>
Coalition really don't know what they fuck they're doing.
>>
>>382526192
Why are you comparing it to last Gen games
>>
>>382526456
>last Gen games

hd remakes of last gen look better than most modern games

Bulletstorm HD rivals nu-DOOM
>>
>>382526192
normally i scoff at people complaining at sizes even when ti gets up to 30/40, but 135gb is getting fucking rediculous
>>
So what if it's 6gb, 135gb or 300gb? Who doesn't have at least 1tb space?

Not like it's the early 90's when you had a limited internet package either
>>
File: 1468770664140.jpg (73KB, 359x525px) Image search: [Google]
1468770664140.jpg
73KB, 359x525px
>20gb of language packs
>60gb of crazy high bitrate 900p or 1080p cutscenes/videos
>>
>>382526534
This. A lot of new games look waxy.
>>
File: C16kXPLWEAA-RlW.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
C16kXPLWEAA-RlW.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>382526569
>Most games now using uncompressed textures on PC because people wanted it
>Project CARS 2 is getting a post launch pack that will allow for 12K Textures
>People are angry that file sizes are getting bigger
>>
>>382526794
>waxy
What do you mean?
>>
>>382526746
Don't forget about 20gb of uncompressed audio.
>>
>>382526192
I am fucking sick of retarded developers using unoptimized textures and non engine cutscenes. EPIC us fucking dead.
>>
>>382526823
I think it should be an option at install, if you are installing from disk (lol) or an optional download for the game.

The default install should not be at 135gb its just bonkers
>>
>>382526875
Like the characters are made of wax. Other things, too. Just look at REVII.
>>
>>382526823
>uncompressed textures
Can people actually distinguish uncompressed from compressed? I vaguely remember seeing comparisons done years back and it looked the same to me in screens, can't imagine it being viable with motion.
>>
>>382526823
the massive file sizes are literally never the textures causing it
>>
>>382527058
Only if you have a 4k monitor and you're looking really closely at objects and walls which no one does when playing a game.
>>
>>382526903
The Coalition made this shit game, not EPIC if that's what your saying.
>>
>>382526823
It's uncompressed audio, video and language packs causing all the bloat. Repacks fix this if you're a piratefag.
>>
>>382526823
Uncompressed anything should be free dlc.

Or paid if they feel like jewing graphicfags I dont care.
>>
>>382526192
>Previous gears of war fit on an 8gb dvd for xbox360 and are better games

in what way were they "better" games?
>>
>>382527387
the previous gears of war judgement was fucking atrocious
>>
>>382526534
are those games getting new content every couple of months?
>>
>>382527453
I honestly enjoyed playing that game more than Gears 4.
>>
>>382526746
Don't big games only have one or two languages anyway per region? Publishers can put alternate versions out in each region. Ubisoft does this with just two languages to choose in some regions.
>>
>>382527198
>Repacks fix this if you're a piratefag.

There still is no download for Gears 4. They still didn't manage to crack it. I guess there is no demand for this title. Sure it's also a Games by Microsoft game and not a Denuvo game BUT they also managed to crack the Windows store version of Quantum Break. So I don't know why Gears 4 hasn't been cracked unless no one really cares about it. Guess that is the case. Shame.
>>
>>382526313
Why does platinum love uncompressed video so much? Its the same shit with MGR
>>
>>382528259
Bayonetta is pretty well balanced.
>>
Can someone tell me why games have gotten this stupidly big? Also why do we have to install them?

Most aren't that much different from last gen games.
>>
>>382528693
Op here. It might be an anti piracy measure.

>nobody in the thirld world will be able to download 135gb
>>
>>382528693
>stupidly big
Uncompressed files, audio and video is often the main cause of this. Game nowadays also love to include uncompressed everything.
Dummy files and unused stuff also help bloat the total size.

>why do we have to install them?
DRM/some sort of anti-piracy measure.
>>
Piratefag for the third world country on suicide watch
>>
>>382528871
No it's not. Microsoft doesn't care about that. They don't even use Denuvo when they post their games on Steam.
Are you perhaps from /g/
>>
>>382526534
>Bulletstorm HD rivals nu-DOOM

it really doesn't even come close you blind retard
>>
>>382526192
>tfw 1mbps internet from which i only get 100kbps download speed
Damn i think i should stick to icy tower, emulators and tetris simulators
>>
>>382528871
fun fact, internet in the third world rarely has data caps and frequently has very very competitive speeds due to all the infrastructure for the internet being fairly recent
>>
>>382529281
When does that ever happen? They clearly care and have a good protection for their games on their windows store nobody uses.
>>
>>382529604
The only good thing about third world internet is lack of big guys monopoly and lack of regulation in general, but overall they're still spotty due to very limited coverage and questionable service quality.
>>
>>382528259
It's not uncompressed video, uncompressed/lossless video is even bigger, it's just high bitrate.

Pre-rendered cutscenes have an interesting but shitty history, they were a good way to do shit that your game couldn't do in realtime, or later on to help cover up loading times by using something like bink which wasn't demanding but looked like fucking shit because a higher bitrate video would take more time to load overall and require more processing power(which would slow down the loading the cutscene is trying to cover up in the first place, though that is not really an issue with modern consoles).

As time has gone by, devs have realised that low bitrate washed out prerendered cutscenes make their game look shit and make for a really jarring experience for players, their answer is really high bitrate cutscenes(Nier: Automata's are almost 40Mbps) which hold up very well compared to the ingame sequences unless you're playing significantly above their resolution(Nier:Automata's are about 900p).

For games on Blu Ray it's not a problem, but it's fucking AIDS for digital downloads, especially since there's been a trend towards using uncompressed audio which was already bloating the amount of storage needed.

>>382527859
Varies, if you get a generic European release of a game you can expect English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian to all be bundled together, this is less of a thing with Steam now though.
>>
>>382528871
>>382529121
So these fucks would prefer to continue to ruin gaming then give us actually honest and convenient improvements? Why do games HAVE TO have uncompressed everything?
>>
>>382529898
Uncompressed audio is laughably small compared to the space video takes.
>>
>>382526192
Link to these repacks?
>>
>>382526691
>Americucks actually have limited internet
Kek
>>
>>382529942
People always complain when they find that something is compressed on their video game, so there's that.
Also lack of optimization, but this probably because requirements of doing so and limitation is gone now, back in the day dev have to be careful of what they have to include and have to consider compression level otherwise the game won't fit into CDs, nowadays such limitation does not exist anymore or at least the ceiling is sky high already they don't have to think about it.
>>
>>382530008
High bitrate video does easily overtake uncompressed audio, but don't underestimate how much space is wasted on this shit.

Back when Titanfall came out people made a big stink about the 48GB filesize, it turned out 35GB of that(>70%) was the audio.
>>
>>382529898
I don't understand the uncompressed audio thing to begin with, devs were using vorbis for a long time just fine, and at higher bitrates there's little room for distinguishing it against CD audio. Plus opus now, which is even better.
>>
>>382530232
Because afaik the audio was localized in many languages, and you downloaded all of them instead of just choosing one. I might be wrong tho
>>
>>382526192
That's a big file size.
>>
>>382529708
>nobody uses.
Speak about yourself, i know people who use it. As for Steam, it's usually delayed by some years. Recentlly, they released Halo wars, Age of empire thing and they are going to release Killer Instinc this year. Quantic Dream and Ori also came to Steam if i remember correctly.
>>
>>382530490
For u.
>>
>>382530040
they don't, you're thinking of Ausfags
>>
>>382530398
The point of using uncompressed audio is that it's easier on CPUs, any compressed format has to be decompressed to read and make use of it, it doesn't make a meaningful difference if you have a decent cpu but it lowers the barrier to entry.

>>382530437
That made it worse because you were being saddled with 6 or 7 languages worth of uncompressed audio but it's not as bad as you might think. The download for the PC version even with all of those languages was only 15GB when the sound was compressed in an archive, with the remaining 35GB being unpacked at the end. A format reasonably fitting for a game isn't necessarily going to get you the same degree of storage savings, but there wasn't a good reason to make everyone have to put up with having to dedicate that much storage space. Compressing the audio would have meant you could have everyone download all the languages without any real problems.
>>
>>382531351
Most audio used for the game is stored in ram, so it's already uncompressed by then, and it's hard to believe that people playing these types of games are using cpus poor enough to be effected by audio.
>>
File: 1.jpg (68KB, 569x335px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
68KB, 569x335px
>>382526192
>WINDOWS 10
>>
File: 1494017619862.jpg (7KB, 249x246px) Image search: [Google]
1494017619862.jpg
7KB, 249x246px
>mfw 5TB hard drive in my xbox one and a fairly speedy network
>have 250 games installed currently

eat my asshole plebs
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.