[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do you guys truthfully think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: niiiioh.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
niiiioh.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
what do you guys truthfully think of this game?
>>
Good combat system stuck in a flawed game with an identity crisis
>>
The ki pulse is essentially a quicktime event, but it feels really cool to do.
>>
It was fun, but the lack of enemy variety did hurt it. I'm sure there are plenty more of mystical yokai creatures they could have added. There were skeleton soldiers, like 2 different onis, tongue monk, cyclopes, blobs, kappas that just run away, wheel monk, skull spirits, and tengu, and 95% of the time it was just oni and skeleton.
>>
>>382523481
Excellent game. Especially now after the big patch and Dragon of the North DLC.
>>
Who?
>>
>>382523642
It's Gears of Wars active reload but for melee combat.
>>
File: patch 1.05.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
patch 1.05.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
i played it like 100 hours+ for some reason

combat was fun but after a certain point diablo style loot system breaks the combat and its too easy, it would be better without diablo loot and more enemies

hardest part of game was first 5? hours after that good loot outscales the enemies
>>
Solid game overall but has a lot of flaws.

>gets repetitive pretty quickly with levels that all feel the same with the exact same enemies, I spent most of the second half of the game just dashing past everything to the next checkpoint
>enemies are either damage sponges or go down instantly with pretty much no in-between
>huge particle effects and damage numbers can get in the way and make combat look like a mess
>bosses are incredibly hit-or-miss and are mostly forgettable
>loot system is shit, the game constantly dumps weapons/armor all over you but only 1% of it is worth using
>endgame is pure grind
>>
>>382523481
1) Better than BB
2) Maria is way prettier than Mary
3) Koei > FromSoft
>>
>>382523481
S'pretty good, better than Dark Souls 2
>>
played more than 200 hours, Platinum after 110, and I still feel like I barely have a grasp on a lot of it.
Could not be more hyped for the remaining DLC. Enemy variety is my only real complaint, but I think humans are more fun to fight than yokai anyway.

Still have never touched PVP and probably never will.
>>
>>382523481
Good game.

The lack of level variety was meh but forgivable, but the lack of enemy variety is a serious serious flaw
>>
File: 1413651748432.jpg (125KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1413651748432.jpg
125KB, 1440x810px
>>382524196
>1) Better than BB
>>
great combat system
>>
>>382523481
I loved it. One thing that gets only little attention compared to the combat etc. is the atmosphere, which is absolutely fantastic. I still think back to Sekigahara, for example - or exploring the flooded temple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OY590QpxS8
>>
>>382525638
The soundtrack is not that great that's the only problem I have with Nioh
other than that I hope Nioh 2 in 2019
>>
The story was really hard to follow because ya'll look alike when they stick them in bath robes. That doesn't really matter though because the combat was sublime. Looking forward to greater enemy variety and hopefully some more creative level design in the sequel / dlcs.

>>382525638
One thing that bothered me about the atmosphere was that they had a beautiful and chill map theme for the first region then every subsequent region had uneccessarily intense music. It made every zone from the third ione onwards feel like the endgame or something.
https://youtu.be/U53djGqRtAI?list=PLdrDU-qlNgJ675vqlUmXhOtGJsEJPEETh
>>
>>382525801
>>382526165
The music isn't perfect, I agree. Still though, I honestly loved the atmosphere overall. Haven't been this 'immersed' in a long time.
>>
>>382523481
garbage game.
>>
>>382523481
Still didn't bought it despite recent pricedrop
>>
>>382528413
>that feel when I bought it at launch for 60 US dollars and people were selling it on ebay for over 60 because none were in stock
>>
Good shit. Needed more enemy variety, though.
>>
Solid combat, nice atmosphere, Kelly is a fun villain, William is a fun MC and I'm looking forward to fighting Sanada in the next two DLC.
That said, map lay-out could be better and the lack of enemy variety is what ultimately kills the game.
>>
File: (wooooooosh) It's shit.gif (2MB, 431x237px) Image search: [Google]
(wooooooosh) It's shit.gif
2MB, 431x237px
>>382523481
>Story
Forgettable

>Characters
Forgettable

>Levels
Repetitive

>Enemies
Shit

>Soundtrack
Remarkably dull

>Gameplay
Good for souls shit, mediocre for action game

>Graphics
Nice animations as expected, excellent design.

Mediocrity: The Game. It could have been so much more but they did not put the effort in and it sold what ever soul it had to appeal to SoulsShit fanbase
>>
>>382523481
I regret buying Nioh, it is not a good game. I enjoy Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 a lot more.
>>
How is the DLC?
Give me a quick review
>>
I thought it was a boring mediocre souls clone with a tacked on mediocre Diablo style loot system.

I didn't really see what /v/ was raving about at the time. Maybe they were just desperate for games on the PS4, given Bloodborne is pretty much the only good game for the system.

Luckily, I have a PC and Switch as well as PS4, so I don't really need to worry about a drought of games.
>>
The first game I didn't finish in a quite a long time.
>>
>Locked in as a blonde white male

Unironically can't play it because of that
>>
Unironically better than Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>382530620
Wait until all three packs are out.
First pack adds two or three enemy types, 2 good proper levels and one that's just a boss fight. Some good side missions. Opinions vary wildly on the bosses. The one in the first level is the hardest one in the entire game, I think. If you thought Hino Enma was aggressive, prepare your anus. Story ends on a cliffhanger.

I don't much care for the new weapon type, the Odachi, which is some unholy mix between axe/katana/spear.
>>
Oh yeah, that came out
>>
My biggest flaw was that you weren't really rewarded for going out of the way, other than shortcuts. I understand that shortcuts are an integral part of the game and the Souls games, but at least you'd also find memorable armor and weapons, whereas the Diablo-like random loot system made it so you'd never find a unique weapon or armor set from exploring and it just made the game boring for me
>>
>>382531442
The god damn loot system is seriously the worst thing in the game
>>
I liked the game but it got very easy towards the end. The variety of enemies was the biggest issue imo, hope they can remedy that in a 2nd part, it just got so stale, more interesting side missions would help as well.
>>
I think you should really fucking stop making these threads. Same filename, same op, same shit every day. Sometimes even multiple times per day.

Just give it a fucking rest op
>>
>>382530816
>there are people so close minded that they can't separate fiction and it's different prespectives and topics from reality and their own identity.
>>
>>382523481
got so boring so fast that I still havent even completed the first DLC
>>
>>382523481

sloth talisman breaks the game
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.