[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*is behind a tree looking out in third person* *shoots you as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 23

File: skillful and earned kill.webm (3MB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
skillful and earned kill.webm
3MB, 896x504px
*is behind a tree looking out in third person*
*shoots you as you run past*

Nothing personal, kid.
>>
What game?
>>
>>382521695

I dont get it
>>
File: 3515325121.jpg (30KB, 249x264px) Image search: [Google]
3515325121.jpg
30KB, 249x264px
>Running around in the open with the circle that small
>Complains on /v/
>>
>>382521748
hownew.ru
>>
>>382521695
>competitive battle royale
>third person

holy shit kek! I'm glad I didn't buy this shit.
>>
>>382522193
Blame Arma's ability to third person. If the game didn't have it maybe the DayZ and Battle Royale players wouldn't abuse it. Now it's too late to change shit.
>>
File: CryBaby.jpg (21KB, 474x118px) Image search: [Google]
CryBaby.jpg
21KB, 474x118px
>>382521759
>>382521695
He's just some dude having a cry in /v/ and /vg/
pic related
>>
This game is the most casual shit I can imagine. Literally built from the ground up for little Jimmy to be able to spam 30 bullets at an unaware person, hit 3 bodyshots, get the kill, shit his diaper with delirious joy, then buy copies for all his Neopets friends because he's so happy.
>>
>>382522798
Imagine being this upset you got killed because you were running around in circles in the open like an idiot instead of making calculated movements from tree to tree, checking your surroundings.

I can't even imagine being this upset.
>>
>>382521695
Games like this should always be first person. The devs are retarded
>>
File: 1488848803291.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1488848803291.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>382522839
Are you ok?
>>
There's quite a lot of complaining about third person, so first person only setting is not out of the window
>>
>>382522924
How exactly would stopping at a tree help there? The guy sitting behind that tree would STILL see you, and he would STILL be further into the circle (meaning you have to move before he does), and you are STILL much more vulnerable to people shooting you in the back than he is

An FPS game having a magical floating camera behind your back is retarded and makes camping the only viable strategy
>>
>>382521695
>Skylining that hard
>not crawling when the circle is that small
>>
>playing normie flavour of the month unoriginal shooter #1328

Fuck off.
>>
What game popularized third person fps? The people behind that should be fucking hanged.
The very concept of risk free scouting is fucking retarded in a game like this.
>>
>running around in the open
>gets into the circle but doesn't take cover
>barely alt-looking around in case of ambush

Third person peeking is a bit unfair but the dumbass in the webm was really asking to get shot in the face, this could easily have happened with a guy behind a tree leaning out with a locked first person camera.
>>
>>382523087
There already is a first-person only setting isn't there?
You can easily start a custom game and get it populated if so many people are truly this butthurt about it.
>>
>>382524654
I don't think so
>>
>>382524253
ARMA
it was more of a military sim than an FPS, these games just started as Arma mods
>>
>>382524654

There is an option, custom lobbies are only for the twitch program or some shit.
>>
>>382524892
>ARMA
>military sim

Everyone plays that fucking game in 3rd person. It's why these BR games have 3rd person. H1Z1 3rd person was fine because it wasn't trying to be realistic, but in PUBG it really is annoying as fuck getting killed by someone who pops up on you at the perfect time because they were wall hugging.

PUBG needs to add a FPS only mode, but I know the regular third person we have know will always be the default.
>>
File: 1463210920179s.jpg (4KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1463210920179s.jpg
4KB, 103x125px
>>382524253
>third person fps
>>
>>382524253
>third person fps
Isn't that just a third person shooter?
>>
First person only when? I want to having more meaningful and engaging firefights instead of just looking around trees and walls.
>>
Is this game worth getting if you don't play with friends?
I'd imagine you just have groups of like 3-4 going around together killing everyone.
>>
File: 1495655766029.jpg (170KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1495655766029.jpg
170KB, 600x580px
>>382521695
>third person "competitive" shooter
>>
>>382525232

>Is this game worth getting if you don't play with friends?

Yes.

>I'd imagine you just have groups of like 3-4 going around together killing everyone.

There is a 'solo' mode, a 'duo' mode, and a 'squad (read: 4)' mode.
>>
File: 1485570697849.jpg (70KB, 622x621px) Image search: [Google]
1485570697849.jpg
70KB, 622x621px
These battle royale games would be alot better if they removed the option to go into third person perspective.
>>
>>382525371
Then no one would play because everyone is used to third person and wants the crutch.
>>
>>382525426
With the gunplay getting tighter and the network getting better, people are getting killed faster than before. In Arma 3rd person was needed because of how fucked the network and desync was so you needed that crutch to spot and hit people. In PUBG its basically cheating because you can kill people so fast.
>>
>>382525243
>competitive
you wot m8
>>
>>382521695
Only straight up losers play games in this genre.
>>
literally the only reason I haven't bought this game is because it tries to be a fun realistic shooter but it's a fucking third person shooter, It just can't decide what to do, also from what I've seen the first person mechanics are horrid, with the player model constantly getting in the way and basically being a no effort, just slapping the camera on the player's face making it all more apparent that the game is a tps by default. Also the optimization seems kinda hot garbage
>>
>>382524569
He was at the edge of the new circle. It'd close onto him in two minutes.. Instead of riding the edge, he's stomping around out in the open where everyone is working towards running into him.

You can't fix stupid.
>>
First person severs are coming out so just stop fucking complaining. Instead of fucking crying about the problem, you could have looked up if they would make these changes because the game is still early access. But no, you sit in /v/ and complain because your fucking stupid. I fucking hate newfriends.
>>
>>382521695
Imagine being this salty...

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>382525781
FPS only should be the default. This game is obviously trying to be somewhat realistic, the fuck is realistic about having your camera 5 feet above you at all times?
>>
>>382525781
if a game is on sale then it's not early access
>>
>>382525781
Sauce
>>
File: assd.jpg (18KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
assd.jpg
18KB, 381x381px
>>382521695
First person only set end zone matchmaking when?
>>
File: 1476636514391.jpg (51KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476636514391.jpg
51KB, 530x600px
Is the Groza good?
>>
>>382526216
From what I've seen, it's absurd.
>>
File: 1284811874103.jpg (60KB, 502x334px) Image search: [Google]
1284811874103.jpg
60KB, 502x334px
>>382521695
>buying this shit game that's basically the "battle royale" gamemode found almost in every single FPS multiplayer now
You have to be one gullible dumbshit to buy this, holy goddamn shit.

From Rust to Free-to-Play games have battleroyale as gamemode, why the fuck would you even consider buying this you shit-eating moron?
>>
>>382526452
It has a playerbase
>>
>>382526659
Yeah and so does everything else in greater numbers.
>>
>>382521759
You can move the camera in third person to watch people while hiding behind something.

It's why pretty much why all multiplayer shooters stick to first-person.
>>
>>382525232
You can play solo but I'd recommend playing squad/duo because solo is a campfest.

You can play with randoms well enough but there join the rare squad of 3 premades which will just shoot you dead as they just want to inflict as much grief as possible.
>>
>>382523115
>An FPS game having a magical floating camera behind your back is retarded and makes camping the only viable strategy

PUBG is not an "FPS game" retard.
PUBG is a TPS with a first-person option.
>>
>>382521695
The only type of game I would justify having third person in is APB as it's super arcadelike. This is retarded and should have been kept in first person.
>>
>>382526452
Most of the games that have this gamemode are pure ass, please don't imply garry's abortion of a game is good
This improves on everything that was good about arma2 BR stripping out the shit, the only real issue is nothing beats Chernarus
It brings that stupid '3rd person' mentality over from the arma series that plagues any sort of spin off. People used to claim it was acceptable because the first person anims were horrid, but as soon as shit like arma3, Dayz & pubg come out people still refuse to enforce 1st person
>>
>Shit-tons of shooters are first-person
>Get a TPS instead
>FPSfags cry and shit their pants
>>
>>382521695
This is particularly obnoxious because you can see him move the camera far left to look behind the tree, but the guy who was hiding there just used thirdperson to hide all the way directly behind it
>>
>>382526747
>in greater numbers
Not really, this game is the current FotM
>>
>>382526452
>designed by the guy who basically started the genre
>devs listen to feedback, are very open about the development and update the game at a good pace
>gunplay is good
Basically it takes the most fun part of survival games, which is the unpredictable nature and high stakes, and throws out the shitty parts like crafting busywork and babysitting resource meters.

Took my friends a lot of shilling to make me buy it too, since 30 euros for an early access battle royale sounded like a terrible idea, but I haven't regretted it for a second.
>>
>Can put Red Dots on pistols now
Godsend desu
>>
File: 1284500444989.jpg (31KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1284500444989.jpg
31KB, 363x310px
>>382527108
>Most of the
*some
>people still refuse to enforce 1st person
That's because you've played on shit servers like the shallow whiny casual bitch you are.

You want to waste your money on a glorified mod for Arma/Rust/Unturned/anything then be my quest, feeling like a stupid gullible retard comes with the territory when this game dies within the next couple of months when some other gimmicky shit cashgrabbing game comes around.

Please do come whine around /v/ and promote some other stupid fuckwit bait that only autistic inbred idiots like you can fall for.
>>
>>382527161
TPS are fine for certain types of shooters, but it's stupid for a survival/competitive shooter.

In the late 90s there were games experimenting TPS online shooters and devs remembered 'oh wait this is retarded'. Some games thirdperson was built in and enabling it was considered hacking. It's nothing new.
>>
>>382524253
>third person fps
this aside but Gears of War really made third person shooters take off. almost all action games use some form of Gear's TPS with cover system.
>>
>>382521695
>running like a retard when the map is that small
>>
>>382521695
I just bought the game and i'm not sure if i'm enjoying it.

every game usually plays out the same. I spawn run around for 25 minutes collecting shit without seeing another player. then no matter how slow and careful I am I always seem to get insta sniped by someone I never saw.
I just spend 25 min of my life gathering items for someone else. I very rarely experience combat of any kind.
the third person thing is the main thing about the game that bugs me. I can look at a window and never know if someone is staring straight at me while still being completely concealed. Very house, tree, rock, ush could have someone behind it looking right at me.
I also have no friends so i'm playing solo, i'd imagine it's more fun with a buddy. and it seems like it's more balanced around flanking locations of interest with someone you can communicate with.
i'll admit i'm only at 2 hours played but i'm wary to play more because i'm considering refunding it. 30 bucks is alot during a steam sale.

i'm just not sure if I should invest more time into it. I can't tell if i'm having fun or not. if this third person thing is going to frustrate me immensely down the line. but i've got no other multiplayer games that i'm playing right now and i'm looking for something.
I hate overwatch.
>>
File: 1477287208064.gif (186KB, 247x242px) Image search: [Google]
1477287208064.gif
186KB, 247x242px
>>382524253
>being this mad
>>
>>382521748
Some shitty early access hunger games arena game
>>
>First person servers are coming!111!!
>It's been months since release and no fps servers
Lmfao so glad i refunded this TRASH
>>
>run around like a retard
>"durrr why I kill?"
>>
>>382521695
>play with my Arma buddies
>get some decent squad action going
>haven't lost a game yet

Really makes you think
>>
>/v/ still hates it despite devs releasing weekly patches and showing effort to improve the game
>playerbase continually grows as /v/ gets angrier
glorious. I like it because I know how to have fun :^)
>>
>>382528162
Game hasn't been "released", it's still in EA.
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I never get tired of the mongoloids who play MILITARY BABYSITTERS and that's not even the best part, they play THIRD PERSON MILITARY BABYSITTERS and start having adult conversations about it

You may believe the people laughing at you are out of touch, in fact I'm sure of it, but in reality you are playing complete shit and taking it seriously. At least the pokemon players have some kind of development or genetic problem, you have no excuse at all
>>
>>382528243
well coordinated party of players using team chat can beat a bunch of solo randos

crazy
>>
>>382528407
>bunch of solo randos
>in a squad mode

amazing
>>
Couldn't you drop all settings to potato in the config files and make all trees and shit invisible?
>>
>>382524253
Neck yourself.
>>
File: WARHAWK2X.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WARHAWK2X.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Dev's STILL can't get a perfect balance with Third person even when it was perfected in 2007.
>>
People who think first person is more "realistic" than third person are complete fucking idiots.

Videogames only capture a very small window of your sense of sight, and an even smaller one of your sense of sound. You lack all proprioception regarding the position of your body, aural positioning cues, peripheral vision, the ability to glance quickly behind/to the side, a sense of touch, etc.

Third person is not strictly "realistic" but it's more realistic than first person, since it gives you a small amount of awareness in a "bubble" immediately around your character regarding where you are in the world and what directly surrounds you, which is exactly how you REALLY percieve the world, rather than through a tiny 90° (or 120°) visual window glued directly to the direction you are facing.
>>
Considering I just spent 20min to gear up, hunted down nearby players and gathered their loot, the tides of the game can easily be completely turned by having the next circle placed on the opposite of the map. Now, this can still be reached by immediately boosting up and starting to sprint. But due to the nature of the game there are other players on the way and (the most fun part of the game) we get in a fire fight with them. So assuming I just battled that other player successfully, I find myself in the middle of the gas, ticking out, having the other player not even looted and I gotta start sprinting again. If, through boosters and meds I somehow make it to the next circle, it too often happens that the next circle is again the farthest possible.

Overall I end up dying way too often to the gas and circle mechanics without seeing any mistakes on my side. I don't mind getting gunned down in a fight or shot in the back by I sneaky guy - I should have payed more attention to survive.

But just the face that once you start a firefight during a terrible circle placement, is game over.. This makes it very frustrating.

I enjoy this game for the looting experience and the tense battles. Not for the "Running Simulator and then dying to the gas because of rng circles" part, which clearly dominates the (end) game.
>>
>>382528740
it's about balance. read some of the complaints in the thread.
>>
>>382528772
It's only imbalanced if only some people, rather than all, have access to third person
>>
>>382524253
Make it like GTAO

Have the FoV be so terrible it deters any of that.
>>
>>382528407
get a clue
>>
this game is shit fyi
>>
>>382521695
Is there a 3rd person game that has actual model line of sight? Like you can see environment at all times but not enemies unless your model can see it too?
>>
>>382530134
War Thunder doesn't render enemies till you have LOS of them

It looks janky, enemies will pop into existence as they round a corner
>>
3rd person is really bullshit, but they'll justify it by saying its stealthy
>>
The third person abuse is fucking retarded.

What were they even thinking
>>
>>382521748
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

It's really quite good imho. Games go for about 15ish mins and it's basically about patience and positioning. I'd recommend it although it's a bit expensive, runs like shit and lags on pretty much everything but I'd still recommend it.
>>
Tbh OP, you shouldn't have been running around like a retard

>Be OP
>Playing paintball, running around the field with no cover with full knowledge opponents could be anywhere
>Guy shots OP from behind cover
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW what a shit game, full of campers.

Honestly, while I agree pubg promotes camping, it's your own fault for being a retard and pubg isn't really about skill, it's more about patience, strategy and luck.
>>
>>382521759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>382531109
>and it's basically about patience and positioning.

This is nuspeak for 'It's casual'
>>
>>382521748
Darude - Sandstorm :D
>>
>>382531732
Yeah it's definitely not that heavy on skill, I can agree.
I still stand by that it's fun.
>>
File: SWISS MADE.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
SWISS MADE.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>that bitrate

If you can't manage to make webms don't make webms, kiddo.

Also this game is shit so frick off.
>>
>>382531875
What settings did you use there?
>>
File: follow up 2.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
follow up 2.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>382531946
Just a decent bitrate.

The secrets with good long webm depends on the complexity of the scene. In my case the scene was dark and not necessarily complex so i could boost the bitrate without issues.

If your scene is complex lowers the duration or make it small as fuck.
>>
>>382521695
this is a horrible looking webm
>>
>>382527998
Refund and get Insurgency it's only 1,50€ it's very good in my opinion, it's very cheap too
>>
>>382521695
>the circle is this small
>running around like that

You're fucking shit at the game, stop whining.
>>
>>382528860
It transforms the game into a campfest where you're only peeking through your 3rd person camera without the risk of being seen, if you want to see what's on the other side of the wall/tree/whatever the players on the other side should have a chance to see you
>>
>>382527998
Here's what you sound like:
>I bought tekken 7, played for 10 minutes and I can't do 20 hit combos yet!
>>
File: 1497882124037.png (88KB, 205x256px) Image search: [Google]
1497882124037.png
88KB, 205x256px
>>382524253
>third person fps
>>
I don't understand why this game gets so much shit.

It's the one Battle Royale game I've played where the mechanics actually felt good, and where the developers seem to know what they were doing and show consistent and weighty progress.

I find myself really looking forward to each of the monthly updates because they all fix a major issue I have with the game, they could add vaulting alone in the next update and I'd be extremely happy.
>>
>>382532489
Yup this.
Stop being such a retarded mouthbreather OP.

That looks like DSP playing the game
>>
>3rd person view in a survival game

I don't get this.
>>
Haven't touched this shit since the beta

>wait 2 minutes on a before and on a plane to touch down
>10 minutes crawling around killing 1 or 2 guys
>find jeep
>drive for another few minutes
>some guy shooting at me
>slow down and dive out of car while it was not on a perfect stop
>somehow the character ends up directly under the jeep and the game registers as me running over myself
>>
>>382533658
WOOOOW
BUGGED SHOOTING MECHANICS
>>
File: ASCEND.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ASCEND.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Now THIS is a video game worthy of 30 (thirty) United States of America federal dollars
>>
>>382522296
theres first person servers u noob fuck
>>
Third person shooters belong in the trash desu, especially when it's survival or in a seemingly realistic settings.
>>
>>382533971

Damn this game looks like shit.
>>
>>382533881
made me laugh
>>
>>382525865
It's not on sale though.
>>
>>382527998
>I can't tell if i'm having fun or not.

Then you are definitely having fun, you stupid faggot.
>>
>>382531109
It's literally a camper's heaven. A game designed to force players who don't know any better to constantly move while punishing them for doing so with wide-open areas, shit sound design and lack of tracer rounds or bullet travel time. It's cancer-inducing by design, thanks to RNG "spawns" and the not-so-dynamic killzone sprawl. Faggots already found a way to reliably join with friends in soloQ, so there is literally no point in playing the game now alone. May aswell just go back to DayZ.
>>
>>382521695
Just wait for the hardcore mode then faggot.
>>
>>382535863
>Faggots already found a way to reliably join with friends in soloQ,

This really is a huge problem, there is ALWAYS a group in the solo top 10. I report them but it does nothing and I see the same names still doing it weeks later.
>>
>>382534046
I know that, you dumbass cuck faggot, but that doesn't change the fact that standard functionality of ARMA engine had a much more profound effect on the mods than afterthought features like first person servers. Nobody fucking balances the game around first person only servers, you cretin.
>>
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that you should buy Playerunknown's Battlegrounds™ for only $29.99 on Steam, right?
>>
>>382526216

It's a better AK with zero recoil
>>
>>382536036
>didn't run up and just heal right away, letting them run past like idiots and shooting them in the back while you're at mostly full health
>>
>>382537145
They knew I was there, the reason I had low health is because they were both peeking me from the windows while I ran from the circle.
>>
>>382521695
Why are you running for no reason?
>>
>>382537296
When you report them you have to go on their website to do it right? You send them video evidence as well?
>>
>>382537447
Yes, you make a support ticket and include a video. I have ones open from months ago
>>
>>382537619
They are supposed to have some ingame detection if you're around the same person for too long. They probably only team near the end and play solo up until then to bypass it. Games that require you to go to their website to report usually don't do anything about it, sadly.
>>
>>382523115
>The guy sitting behind that tree would STILL see you
Depending on the angle, perhaps
>and he would STILL be further into the circle (meaning you have to move before he does)
But you are already in the circle as well. It is entirely possible the next circle will be right on top of you too
>and you are STILL much more vulnerable to people shooting you in the back than he is
Literally untrue, being in the center means you're more likely to get attacked from the sides
It's a CIRCLE you dunce

But to sum it up
>durr I'm not in an as favourable position so I should run around in the open like a retard
>>
File: TslGame 2017-06-18 22-56-39-11.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
TslGame 2017-06-18 22-56-39-11.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>382521695
>run around in the open inside the zone before the hazard is even coming
>get shot
Gee whiz OP
>>
>>382527176
>FotM
You've been saying this ever since it came out. It's been a couple of months
>>
i only found out about this game yesterday somehow, its pretty comfy to watch people play

whats the yellow bar above health? stamina for sprinting?

is there just the one map at the moment? ive only seen people on one map
>>
Where does this "runs like shit" meme come from? I can get a steady 60FPS with a 960 and a FX8320
>>
>>382524253
SOCOM
>>
>>382537935
It's "boost", gained from painkillers and energy drink
If only the first bars are filled, you get slow health regen. It's good for regaining the last bit of health (as you can't get that back unless you got a medkit, which is the best healing item).
If you fill more, you also get movement speed bonus
>>
>check out a twitch stream of this with over 3k viewers out of curiosity
>people in chat are seriously unironically talking about how the devs should fund a huge competitive tournament and push for the game to be a serious e-sport

holy fuck the level of cancer is unreal
>>
>>382537978
It got a patch a few days ago that drastically improved performance
>>
>>382538197
I'm usually in favour of organized competition but it sounds like a pretty retarded idea for this game, the format just doesn't lend itself at all for it
>>
>>382537978
Because even though it looks like Far Cry 1 it runs like shit.

Why is inventory lag even a thing

But it's to be expected from a faggot dev that thinks he's Tom Clancy. I'll give it 3 weeks before cash shop starts fully pumping out t-shirts
>>
>>382538263
This meme is fucking old. I have a 5GHz 7700K and a GTX 1070, I get ~50 FPS in towns and ~100 outside towns. It's always been that way.
>>
>>382538197
>>382538316

I thought the same, but I actually quite enjoyed watching the tournament games when they were on. The spectating is pretty cool
>>
>>382538197
>>382538316
I think people just think it's a fun game and want it to be something more but I agree. I think in the future someone will find a way to make this type of game more competitively viable.

>>382538338
you obviously have a good setup, but for people who have just slightly less decent, not even toaster tier, the game ran like shit.
>>
>>382538316
>>382538553
>>382538383
>third person camera
>huge levels of RNG

no

just fucking no
>>
>>382538553
>you obviously have a good setup, but for people who have just slightly less decent, not even toaster tier, the game ran like shit.

Holy shit, I am saying the game runs BADLY. Did you actually think 50 FPS on all low is 'good' for that build? I get 450 FPS in CSGO, 300 FPS in Overwatch.
>>
>>382538613
You didn't say it was on low, so I... since 60fps is enough... sorry.

My game runs better than yours though so you can probably still go lower in your settings.
>>
>>382538612
It's a fun type of game I mean, and people seem to enjoy it even if with its flaws in design. I'm not defending the way it plays, I'm just saying anything is competitively viable if everyone agrees to the terms. Even if it's borderline gambling. Would be unfair to call PUBG gambling though, there's lots of reasons why it isn't.

I agree it can't be taken as seriously as whatever competitive game you like.
>>
>>382538338

Use Reshade
>>
>>382524251
playing japananese weeaboo shit is the real deal i suppose
>>
is there a list of stuff they want to add?

maps/first person mode/ gear n shit
>>
>Running around like a headless chicken

Go back to CoD, OP
This game isn't for you
>>
>>382539906
This game is literally CoD but more casual
>>
>one of the most popular games right now

>people in this thread wants to change its core mechanic and make it a completely different game

Retards
>>
Only problems I have with the game are my total inability to aim in it, it runs badly, and I worry about what happens to queue times when it stops being the hottest new meme + they add a bunch of options and game types. 100 is a lot of players to need in every round.
>>
File: Weller.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
Weller.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>382525865
>if a game is on sale then it's not early access
how very arbitrary
>>
I find it hard to spot people in cover in this game, I wish it was sharper
>>
>>382521695
Why do people like these games so much? We get them every year, they are barely any different from one another and they all feel so incredibly soulless and bland.
>>
>>382541330
I always wonder how people can say aisine things like this without dying of shame
Are you just not aware of how stupid the thing is when you write it or something
>>
>>382543538
Shit it's the same retard from the /vg/ thread
What's up you boundless faggot
>>
>>382521748
Tyler Perry's Boringrounds
>>
The problem with this game is that you have NO damage feedback. It is really hard to know from where you are being shot. People say that is how it should be, you should relly on your headphone etc but the game is bugged to hell and the sound does not works perfectly. Every decent shooting game have a damage feedback because they know that only that way it is possible to give the player a better enviroment awereness but dumb people and a dumb developer that never ever made a game before will say it is unrealistic.
>>
>>382543018
Well, he is right at some point, game is casual as fuck. All you need is a monstruous PC to run it almost decent and luck to be in the right place so you don't die.
>>
Third person games are a fucking joke
All tactic goes out the window in favor of camping behind corners/low cover, then popping out to effortlessly kill your opponent
>>
>>382527998
not our fault you won't land in a city with other anons. pleb
>>
>>382522959

yes they are
and so is bohemia, the spawn of cancer, the popularizer of 3pp aids
>>
>>382525232

this game is not worth getting in either case, unless you are a casual scumbag and enjoy stale tree camping to win.
>>
>>382539806
They both suck shit. Cry more
>>
File: 1498692588590.jpg (15KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
1498692588590.jpg
15KB, 400x246px
>act retarded
>die
>WOOOOOOOOOOOW

dsp go home
>>
>>382538134

This is the true answer, but most people posting on /v/ now are too young to remember that. Also the main issue is calling it 'third person fps', literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>382538134

socom is a trash game

and its a console pleb casual trash game,3pp should have no reason to exist on pc
>>
>>382545930

You are the true cancer, go back to your console pleb shit trashkid
>>
>>382521695

i dont get the appeal of a game where you sit there camping a corner for half an hour
>>
>>382546507

u can suck at the game and still win

this appeals to redneck retards and fat casual assholes
>>
>>382525034
Aren't there first-person servers? I imagine those getting more popular over time when people tire of just having some innocent squad based fun and look for something more competitive.
>>
>>382544591
Cod is defined by
>small maps
>short rounds
>rapid, erratic movement
>hitscan guns
>no ingame loot, but loadouts
>first person

pubr is defined by
>big map
>mid-length rounds
>mostly slow, tactical movement
>projectile-based gunplay
>no loadouts, but loot
>third person

All they share is being pewpew games and he's a retard
>>
>>382525034
>>382546854
There will be a FP only mode in the future.
>>
>>382547638

nice 1 year from now, how great

and 1% of players will play it

games like dayz and pubg make me hate humans
>>
>babbies didnt played original DayZ on Arma 2
>>
>>382547762

>cant even spell babies
>is a fat casual beardy half bald asshole
>thinks hes good at games cuz he gets kills by camping like a lifeless bot
>thus defends 3pp cancer
>>
>>382547992
>implying
>>
>>382525034
ARMA was also never set up to be a competitive shooter though, most of the MP mods that aren't Altis Life-like RPGs were co-op against AI rather than two teams competing. It's still much nicer playing it in first-person since you have leaning anyway. Not sure about the BR-type servers since I never tried those.

If anything DayZ probably inspired it more, since people there actually used it as a competitive advantage.
>>
>>382528473

Yes you can join random squads, it's not all premade. Hell you can hop into squads and be a 1/2/3 man team if you really want.
>>
>>382548029
go back to le renditz and try to make frßntpaeg by posting you and your fat bald friends rounded up in the 2nd floor of a building, laughing at how you kill an unsuspecting victim

error: our system thinks your post is spam.

4chan sure has become cancerous in the last years.
>>
>tfw play solo match
>get down to me and just one other player
>circle is only 5 meters wide now
>each of us are behind a tree at opposite sides of circle
>he leans out with a pan in his hand
>i do the same
>pan battle
>i lose

I would have been so salty for coming in at #2 if it weren't for the fact that we dueled honorably
>>
>>382521695
isnt this game based on arma
why does it even have 3rd person in the first place
>>
>>382536052
>standard functionality of ARMA engine
It's only enabled when you play on baby difficulties so its your own fault
>>
>>382547000
>>382544591

fucking rekt
>>
>>382521695

this thread is just sad to read.

3rd person is garbage and belongs to casual console games, sadly with games like PUBG there will be even more copycats now keeping 3pp alive
>>
>>382547000
I was talking about the game being casual, if you have reading disorder and autism to give that reply it is fine.
>>
>>382532440
This
>>
>>382522193
it's getting a first-person-only mode next month
>>
>>382550160

source?

retard unknown said in beta
>>
didn't they say around release for first person?
>>
So you played the game knowing that it is from a third person view point, then you get upset when a person takes advantage of said third person view to kill you? I don't get it. I'm sure you consider it skillful and well earned when you do the same thing to another player.
>>
>>382521695
ITT muh fotm niggers get mad that this game is selling so well and receiving regular updates

and everyone is right. you should assume theres someone behind every tree. you played yourself op
>>
>>382521695

>Small circle
>Tons of trees
>Runs around aimlessly

Yeah, you deserved to die. idiot.
>>
File: 1477009067109.gif (236KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477009067109.gif
236KB, 500x500px
>>382538197
>check out a twitch stream
>>
>>382538197
>watches twitch steams
>thinks e-sport is serious business

you are the cancer my friend.
>>
>>382538613
seems odd m8, I have a 1070 and a 7600k, I get 100+ frames on medium with draw distance and textures on ultra

I remember seeing posts saying if your machine should be performing waaaaaay better, the framerate actually goes up if you take it away from lowest settings. give it a go
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.