[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name 1 (ONE) game that offers you the freedom to explore what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 23

File: 1498512385163.jpg (199KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1498512385163.jpg
199KB, 1024x819px
Name 1 (ONE) game that offers you the freedom to explore what you want from the very moment you start the game.
>>
I-I can't, Todd...
>>
TIMEframe
>>
>>382519279
Elite
>>
File: .jpg (788KB, 1170x1903px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
788KB, 1170x1903px
>>382519279
>>
File: TanyaQuackQuack.jpg (42KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
TanyaQuackQuack.jpg
42KB, 600x393px
>>382519279
Dark Souls
Zelda: Botw
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: 2
Dragon's Dogma: Dark arisen
Star wars: Galaxies (via emulator)
Minecraft
Ark:Survival evolved
>>
>>382519279
Prey was pretty good at letting you explore and go off sequence. Though you had to do some story stuff before you're given the key to go where you like (No worse than fallout and elder scrolls)

For freedom the very second you start, I nominate 7 Days to Die. You literally spawn in a random location and left to it.
>>
>>382519279
Dwarf Fortress adventure mode
>>
>>382519279
Minecraft
Terraria
>>
>>382519734
>dark souls
>you can explore whatever you want

Did you forget about the orange fog doors desu
>>
The original Legend of Zelda.
>>
>>382519279
Eve online
>>
>>382519279
I played Skyrim for the mountains
>>
>>382520739
Most open world survival shooters will be like that.

Anything proceduraly generated also can have you explore everything from the start.
>>
>>382521447
There's a preset map too but I think it counts regardless.
>>
>>382519279
SWG
>>
>>382519279
GTA V
>>
There should be a game where they start you off literally in the middle of the ocean, and it's to scale and everything, and then they just set you lose. Have fun.
>>
Minecraft, since you literally are able to go wherever you want from the very moment you start up a new world. No tutorial or storyboard, you're just placed onto the land and told "fuck off".
>>
>>382522061
>have to sit through several increments of times' worth of menus and loading screens

Ugh
>>
>>382521282
you find them by exploration and then you find a way to open them, also by exploration. a game without locked doors would be boring, honestly. doesn't have to be SH 3 levels of locked, but some secrets must exist.
>>
File: ultima4_title.jpg (47KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
ultima4_title.jpg
47KB, 322x400px
>>
File: The-Legend-of-Zelda-Nes-Cover.jpg (814KB, 1534x2100px) Image search: [Google]
The-Legend-of-Zelda-Nes-Cover.jpg
814KB, 1534x2100px
>>382519279
>>
>>382519279
Dwarf Fortress
>>
Romancing SaGa PS2
>>
Euro Track Simulator 2
Also Skyrim doesn't allow you to climb the mountain before the story quest, magic barriers on all sides
>>
Any survival game like minecraft.
>>
>>382522661
Skyrim doesn't allow you anything until you're out of Helgen.
>>
X3. Doesn't matter which expansion.
>>
>>382522880
I wouldn't count short tutorials/scripted events at the beggining
>>
File: yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-ykk-20.jpg (399KB, 767x1100px) Image search: [Google]
yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-ykk-20.jpg
399KB, 767x1100px
Elite Dangerous
Minecraft
DayZ
No Mans Sky (arguably, after you make your first power cell)

And you know what these games have in common?
They are not that great. Actually giving player complete freedom in exploration is not a value on it's own. Satisfaction in exploration is tied to challenge, to effort invested into finding new things. If the exploration is no longer something that requires effort, it becomes routine and eventually meaningless.

It's much more satisfying to explore in Subnautica or Gothic or Fallout New Vegas than it is in Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3. It is partially because former games are simply better designed world-wise, but it's also because those games impose various gatings and limitations that make certain regions harder to access, and as a result, more tantalizing and alluring. They establish more of a structure for you to hold on, and thus make those moments when you can transgress that structure more rewarding.
It's more fun to mark your ground, learn to know your place, grow familiar to it, and then decide - after planning and preparation, that you can go outside of your comfort zone and explore, than it is to just walk in random direction at any time knowing that it does not matter at all, because everything is going to be scaled in such a way that nothing can really stop and challenge you, and nothing can really massively reward you either.

People who enjoy post-Morrowind Bethesda games for "explorations" are braindead, drones. They don't enjoy exploration: they enjoy a simple skinner box, or they actually desperately seek validation of their "freedom" more than care for the consequences of it.

Best explorations games make you fight for every new discovery. They make it risk and reward.

One of the best exploration games I've ever played was Miasmata. Very underrated title, sadly.
>>
File: tldr.gif (2MB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.gif
2MB, 274x237px
>>382523137
>>
>>382523137
Quality post familia
>>
>>382519279
the STALKER games
>>
>>382523837
Not sure about the others, but Shadow of Chernobyl is actually gated as fuck. I think the others are as well, using environmental hazards and shit to keep you constrained.
Stalker is fantastic for exploration, but it's precisely because it's quite restrictive in many ways.
>>
Fallout: New Vegach
>>
>>382519279

Life
>>
>>382523098
I would when there are games that don't have these.
>>
Here is a fun thing I've rarely seen people talk about when it comes to exploration. Everyone talks about level scaling or clear environmental gates, but there is one thing that bothers me that people almost never seem to acknowledge:

Those god-damn unlocked and easy-to-read maps that consistently show you the whole landmass and your own location.

And this is something that a lot of games that I otherwise think are pretty good in terms of exploration, like New Vegas and TW3 (exploration in TW3 is actually pretty good once you figure out you can turn those bloody PoI's off on your map screen).

I miss the times where looking at the map did not immediately tell you what is going to be there and where exactly you are at any moment: when games required you to rely on your actual sight and ability to read the fucking terrain. Where memorizing and understanding the landscape was part of the deal. And where mapping the region was an actual mechanic or a challenge or part of a reward system.

I think Subnautica and Miasmata really got this right.
>>
>>382519279
>image
Think about it Anon. The history behind us. A great wall depicting many things, many things born from options. The option to be free, the option to build a kingdom, the option to do what you want with your life. The moment you are born you are constantly shuffled around, forced to live as others desire. But these people, these people defied that answer and chose their own path. They made something so grand that you and I are still here sitting talking about it.

That's why when I started the Skyrim project, I set out to create such a thing. Gone are the days of Oblivion's questing, and now we have something NEW. My humble story may only be remembered as far as the Nintendo Switch, but you'll humor a quack like me, and buy it, right?
>>
>>382524260
Nah, you have the long ads tutorial segment and if you rolled shitty parents which most people seem to since they don't know any better at the start it really restricts where you can go.

Then unless you buy the P2W DLC you've got to invest a huge amount of time into resource allocation and even after all that if you rolled a shitty build and have a bunch of debuffs or you just leveled up wrong like getting the obesity trait you can hamper your ability to explore.
>>
>>382519279
Fallout 1
>>
>>382519734
>breath of the wild
>from the moment you start the game
no
>>
>>382519279
Gothic 1,2,3
San Andreas
Risen 1
>>
>>382521626

I miss that game. I also hate what they did to it, trying to make it some weird WoW-hybrid.
>>
"see that mountain over there? You can fuck it"

I still can't fuck mountains in skyrim Todd, when will the lies end?
>>
File: toddd.jpg (308KB, 972x788px) Image search: [Google]
toddd.jpg
308KB, 972x788px
>>382519279
Guys the metal gear series is nothing compared to skyrim when it comes to an open world
>>
>>382519279
>game that offers you the freedom to explore what you want from the very moment you start the game
the bethesda games dont even do this, they always have a 10-20 minute intro tutorial thing
>>
>>382519279
new vegas
>>
>>382519279
Original Metroid. BOTW forces the opening area before freedom and even skyrim forces the beheading and dragon escape.
>>
>>382519517
You're not free. You have at least 25 minutes of shit to get the paraglider before you're actually free.
>>
>>382519734
>Dark Souls
Tutorial is required and orange fog doors/bells of awakening don't let you go anywhere. Not saying it's bad design but you should be able to approach Anor Londo another way and there should be some other ways (different item/boss combo???) to get to the areas behind those orange gates without Lord Vessel.

>Dragon's Dogma: Dark arisen
Opening segment with the dragon and there are several places you cannot reach until some things are completed such as Bitterblack Island, area before the dragon fight, Castle dungeon where you rescue the princess, the Castle of Gran Soren, and Shadow Keep (i think it's called) with the underground arena with the Hydra.

>Fallout: New Vegas
Same problem as Skyrim with required opening shit that takes some time.

>Minecraft
>Ark:Survival evolved
These are the only games that legit give you freedom from the absolute start, the only problem is they are both ass games with shit gameplay.

>Zelda: Botw
see>>382525058

Probably >>382525007 is the only really decent game that gives the player complete freedom from the get go. Even Zero Mission remake doesn't give the player as much agency.
>>
>>382519279
Why is everyone pretending that "open world" is the greatest thing ever and the only good way to experience a video game? Open world games have their place but sometimes I want a linear path that gives me a carefully crafted adventure rather that a huge empty world to make my own.
After all if I were that good at coming up with adventures I would make games myself instead of just playing them.
>>
File: [RUDE MEME].gif (9KB, 209x301px) Image search: [Google]
[RUDE MEME].gif
9KB, 209x301px
Gothic 3
>game starts
>town revolts against orcs
>turn around and walk away

>they're still fighting the orcs if you ever decide to return
>>
>>382524441
>San Andreas
>leave the area of your current missions and you get hunted down
>>
>>382524389
the map in the new zelda is completely closed off until you go to the ubisoft tower
and even then, all it does is give you the geography, it doesn't put any markers
>>
>>382525826
That is nice. Shame I won't get to play it anytime soon because fuck consoles. But it is good to see some high-profile games actually taking these kinds of design risks for a change.
>>
No mans sky
>>
>>382525543
I don't know. Personally I've always appreciated more open-ended/sequence breakable metroidvanias. Gives the best of both worlds and practically none of the negatives. Pacing and good enemy placement as well as excellent level design but with the extra choices and options of an open world sandbox without the tedium.

Either way, having variety is better than just one style of game ruling them all.
>>
File: 2217366-vcus[1].png (987KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
2217366-vcus[1].png
987KB, 677x960px
>>382519279
>>
File: 1498467747291.jpg (43KB, 751x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498467747291.jpg
43KB, 751x500px
>>382519279
Surely you aren't talking about Fallout 4 or Skyrim, are you Todd? BotW may not let you explore the entire map for the first half hour but at least I'm having fun basically as soon as I start the game. Remind me how long the opening is for FO4 and TES5 again?
Fuck off, Todd
>>
>>382525545
Lies. They can kill orcs without you in 10-15 minutes.
>>
>>382519279
No mans land
>>
>>382525954
The other extreme is FFXIII where the entire game is just one corridor and that rightfully turns a lot of people of too. If we think of "openness" as a line with Minecraft on one end and FFXIII on the other logic it should look like a standard Bell curve with the AAA titles doing the usual "try to please everyone" but instead we get an exponential graph were every game at least has to pretend to be open world or be instantly labeled as inferior.
It is just strange to me that so many games are trying to get to the complete openness extreme end instead of the sweet spot in the middle that you described and the general audience even encourages that.
>>
>>382519517
This.
>>
>>382519279
Morrowind, the rest have a boring long intro quest/hallway
>>
>>382527749
This. Morrowind gives you so much freedom you don't even have to confirm who your character is or your stats.
>>
Pirated Fallout 4
>>
>>382525543
>Why is everyone pretending that "open world" is the greatest thing ever and the only good way to experience a video game?
I think open-world games are in THEORY the format that can make the absolute best out of videogame narrative potential. Which is not the same as making the best out of their mechanical potential: nor is it saying that open-world games are inherently superior to more constricted experiences.
Also the "THEORY" is in caps for a good reason: while theoretically open-world games can actually utilize game-narrative possibilities to their absolute max, very few titles succeed in doing so, most actually tend to make the least of it.
But I do understand where the open-world fascination. They allow for unique levels of immersion and actually incorporate the player agency straight into the core of the experience. If done well, they can do what no other narrative medium can do: co-opt the player into the creation of the narrative itself without having to sacrifice the focus and quality of the narrative. They also can allow for emergence and simulation to participate in the narrative, which is another completely unique possibility of game-narration.

And that is all fine and dandy and fascinating, and it makes me entirely understand why they are viewed in such a regard. It's just shame that in reality, so few games actually do it, and even less do it truly well.
>>
File: free-minesweeper-thumbnail[1].png (4KB, 288x322px) Image search: [Google]
free-minesweeper-thumbnail[1].png
4KB, 288x322px
>>382519279
Minesweeper
>>
>>382528527
Nah, I don't buy it. Open world is just a meme. Started long ago by GTA3, which blew the world's mind so much it still hasn't recovered. Especially since talentless lazy hack developers discovered they disguise themselves with it. The reason it's not done well, as you say, is because that's why it's done at all: the people doing it, can't do anything well. Open-world is a coward's way out, and it works, and no one judges for it, so why not take it? At the end of the day, however, I think linear level design necessarily requires more talent to do well, and in general is superior.
>>
File: snake.jpg (2KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
2KB, 300x300px
>>
>>382519279
Can I sit next to you, Todd?
>>
>>382528527
>>382528882
An open world game could potentially have the equivalent of many linear game experiences within it, but this potential will never be reached because there are so many options and possibilities to account for that production would take way too much time and money to be remotely feasible, so in a world were the studios cut corners wherever they can we end up with a million empty sandboxes that are so empty and devoid of any appeal except "OMG YOU CAN GO ANYWHERE" that any game that puts just slightly more effort in like W3 or BotW gets instant 10/10s and cheap impersonations to cash in on the hype forever.
>>
>>382528882
>Nah, I don't buy it. Open world is just a meme.
That is a totally powerful and convincing argument. But no, you are wrong.
And you are a moron to think it started with GTA3: open world games existed long before games even went in majority to 3D. And there are plenty of games, even modern 3D ones that pulled it off amazingly. Morrowind might be the best example of all time, but you also have games like Witcher 3 (I don't care what you think, that game benefits from being open world much more than it loses by it), Stalker (and especially mods like Call of Chernobyl), Mount and Blade games, Elite, Long Dark, Subnautica, New Vegas, Pathologic.
Plus it allows for some really silly and zany fun with games like Just Cause or Dying Light.

>At the end of the day, however, I think linear level design necessarily requires more talent to do well, and in general is superior.
You are an idiot and objectively wrong on this. There is no superior format in videogames. Only superior or inferior execution. A good open world is far more difficult to pull of, requires more talent and more effort. Which is why it so often fails. But the few cases that succeeded prove that it is possible, and opens up a whole bunch of great new possibilities that linear design would not.
Of course that goes the other way: some things can't really be done in open-world games, mostly actually mechanical achievements that often require much more controlled and structured design approach. My point was never that one format is superior to other: anyone who thinks this IS A DELUSIONAL RETARD WITH NO FUCKING RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT ANYTHING: but rather that there are specific and unique benefits and qualities, but also challenges to each. Arguably, design-wise, good open world is more difficult to pull off than good linear design. Which is not the same as open-world design being superior though.
>>
>>382529309
To give an example take Far Cry 3 and Half-Life 2:

Would Half-Life 2 have been a better game with an open world like Far Cry or would Far Cry 3 have been a better game if it were more linear like Half-Life 2?

Even in open world games, the fondest memories are of interesting characters and setpieces the open world in them is never more than just a meme.

Also W3 is just as open world as W2 just with bigger maps and the ability to revisit them.
>>
>>382529572
>games like Witcher 3
You call that a game? Oh my poor, sad, misguided openworld-enthusiast understudy.

>>382529572
>You are an idiot and objectively wrong on this
Lol okay then, if you say so. I can see by your hostility you don't really wish to discuss this. Though I am left wondering why you bothered to writing such a long post then. Oh well.
>>
>>382529841
>You call that a game?
You do realize that you are pathetic and a complete idiot, right? How the fuck do you even assume anyone will ever take you seriously with shit like this.
"I don't like it so I'm not going to call it a game! HA!"
It's fucking sad. Get a fucking grip.

>I can see by your hostility you don't really wish to discuss this.
I love to discuss this, and I just provided a whole fucking BUNCH of actual arguments, to which you replied with "No U WRONG, NOT A GAME LOL BECAUSE I SAY SO".
So fuck off. Clean up your own fucking act, talk and argue like a real person and not a fucking baby and then we can discuss this.

>Though I am left wondering why you bothered to writing such a long post then.
Another perfect proof that you are an idiot. I wrote those posts precisely because I enjoy discussing this. It's just you who is failing to do so. You have not made a single argument here, and what you said was patently stupid. Including the sentence above, clearly showing that you can't figure even most basic human motivation.

Now, pull your shit together, make something resembling an argument, and we can talk. Until then, fuck off.
>>
>>382526374
but they won't fight if you're not there to watch
>>
>>382524389
>>382523137
I see Miasmata gets mentioned here. I think I saw it only once on /v/ in hidden gems thread or something. Then it appears twice in the same thread.
I played the game, but I found it kinda boring. Nothing happens. It's scary af though. Despite the fact that I never got chased, it's just scary that I can possibly be chased by something.
>>
>>382525742
You are free to explore, but not free of the consenquences
>>
>>382530031
>You do realize that you are pathetic and a complete idiot, right? How the fuck do you even assume anyone will ever take you seriously with shit like this.
You do realize that you are pathetic and a complete idiot, right? How the fuck do you even assume anyone will ever take you seriously with shit like this.

>>382530031
>talk and argue like a real person and not a fucking baby
>>382530031
>"No U WRONG, NOT A GAME LOL BECAUSE I SAY SO".

>>382530031
>and we can talk. Until then, fuck off.
I can't wait... actually I can, and rather would like to. Fortunately for you, that doesn't mean can't continue your irrationally angry tirade: you yourself said pretty much everything I would have. So just keep it up, and you can keep doing what you really want: verbally abusing the first anonymous stranger on the internet you can possibly find who disagrees with you in any way whatsoever, while ostensibly engaging them in a dialog about video games.

And I'll keep being amused by it.
>>
>>382519279
Unreal World.
>>
Name 1 (ONE) game that just works.
>>
File: 1380173302811.jpg (8KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
1380173302811.jpg
8KB, 250x168px
>>382530549
REKT
E
K
T

If I do say so myself.
>>
>>382530434
>I played the game, but I found it kinda boring. Nothing happens.
Miasmata has a very specific and unique core gameplay set and very specific and narrow audience thanks to that. It's a game ENTIRELY about navigation. All of it's mechanics are ultimately designed around a single problem: finding your way from point A to point B. That is really unique and has a limited appeal, but the game does that extremely well, making it extremely satisfying if you fall into it's audience group.

That said, the combination of the whole focus and subject theme being unique, lack of proper tutorializing and explanations and some technical shortcomings (it's a two-brothers-and-a-cat-made indie non-crowd-funded game after all) can often disencourage or confuse people even before they get to experience it's core and thus decide if the game is to their liking or not.

If you expect the game to entertain you, to do crazy stuff on it's own, it's definitely not for you. Later on the monster start showing up, but otherwise, this is a pure sandbox: you are thrown in, given a single, very vague goal which is essentially "collect a list of items scattered all over the islands", a set of tools and core mechanics and everything else is up to you.

I love it, and it pains me greatly that it was such a major failure and that no games actually took lessons from it. Some of it's systems are ABSOLUTELY brilliant and deserve to be incorporated into major main-stream games: no game has actually done mapping and navigation better, and it's movement system, while having flaws in it's interpretation, was also great and could hugely benefit a whole bunch of open-world games if copied and tweaked.
>>
knytt underground
>>
>>382530549
I told you to fuck off until you can actually act like a human being. Since you clearly can't, I will have to repeat myself: Fuck off.
>>
File: 1494038014362.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494038014362.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>382519279
>>
File: 1465715799324.jpg (410KB, 930x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465715799324.jpg
410KB, 930x960px
>>382531270
You don't get to tell me what to do.
>>
>>382529841
>>382531270
It's like I'm back on the forums from my teenage years.

You guys are pretty good.
>>
File: 1490473532402.jpg (18KB, 510x382px) Image search: [Google]
1490473532402.jpg
18KB, 510x382px
>>382530549
Holy fuck
>>
So anti open world anon gets his shit pushed in by pro open world guy and then anti guy samefags to sooth his ego on an anonymous board.

That has to be the most pathetic thing I have seen in awhile.
>>
>>382532894
"Open world" fag here: I'd be very cautious with throwing around the accusations of samefaging, honestly. First of all: anyone could just as easily accuse your post of being me samefaging as you accuse the anti-open wold fag.
Second of all: I think a LOT of what people think to be samefaging is just different people, shitposters to be precise, jumping into discussion to fuel an argument and get some (you)'s. I'm pretty sure there is a lot, and I mean thousands, of people just latching on opportunities like this to create shitstorms.

In general, I think that the wise thing to do when you suspect someone of samefaging is to just ignore it. In most cases, these alleged samefag posts don't say anything actually worth replying to anyway. So ignore it, don't draw attention to it. You can hardly know for sure if they are samefags or not and it does not matter anyway.
Just address actual points and move forward.
>>
>>382533483
every time I see two people get in a fight like this I try to impersonate one of them and totally ruin argument by shitposting because it always detracts from a discussion when two people get so riled up with eachother.
Wish I had found this thread earlier
>>
>>382519279
No mans sky
>>
>>382533694
Well, can't say I'm surprised.
Are you at least aware that you are a subhuman trash and one of the reasons why this board is so bad? Seriously, there is no justification in the world to do this shit, it's inexcuseable. Doing that makes you literally garbage.
>>
>>382525492
There's no required opening shit in New Vegas, you can just wander off literally as soon as you leave Doc Mitchell's house. Same with Skyrim, honestly. You can just sprint through the opening and go do whatever you want. You don't actually have to do anything in Goodsprings/follow the guy to Riverwood.
>>
>>382525058
In Skyrim you have at least 25 minutes of Dragon escaping and dungeon crawling before you're free.
>>
>>382526075
Are you being silly?
>>
>>382533927
Like countless threads before across the entire website many good points were brought up in this thread by many anons but when two people single each other out like this posting the same arguments to over and over because one or even both of them are to retarded to see that this wont lead anywhere it just makes the thread miserable to read
>>
Underrail
Dearf Fortress
CDDA
GTA (kinda)
>>
>>382533927
>justification
I just do it for fun. I was trash long before coming here mate. Maybe this isn't the site for you. You might prefer a more heavily moderated forum.
>>
>>382525909
Just emulate it
>>
>>382519734
>Minecraft
Not sure if this one should go in the list since you cant explore hell or whatever its called until you make the portal to go there, and for that you need to obtain obsidian first. You also cant go to kill the dragon until you get eyes of ender
>>
>>382521197
>Terraria
You cant enter the dungeon until you beat skeletron
>>
File: aps_wildy2.png (177KB, 527x378px) Image search: [Google]
aps_wildy2.png
177KB, 527x378px
>>382519279
Runescape
>>
>>382519734
>Dark Souls
>Fallout: 2
You have to complete tutorials in both of them, you moron.
>>
>>382519734
>says Fallout 2
You could have said Fallout 1 since you've probably played it but you had to go full retard
>>
>>382534143
That is not really true. The game imposes a lot of restrictions on the player. Not HARD restrictions - not an invisible wall per se, but it does intentionally place obstacles such as enemies you'll find it extremely hard to deal with to prevent you from moving in certain directions. Also, the geography of the world is designed to further funnel you into certain directions and actually imposes some chokepoints that you are supposed to pass through at certain points of the game. Yes, you can avoid them if you are good or determined enough, but that is mostly only relevant to people who already know the game well, and who already explored it before in a more construed fashion. Not every restriction has to be hard-imposed. Soft-restrictions exist and still matter.

>>382534437
Well, reading such discussions and posts is largely optional. And while I agree that many discussion end up pointless, my point was that I don't see that as a justification of going out of your way to make them even worse: either by pretending to be a samefag, or by insisting on the whole unhelpful samefag accusations...

>>382534485
>I just do it for fun. I was trash long before coming here mate.
That is hardly an excuse. While I appreciate that at least you don't seem to be delusional about what you do: the core problem still remains. You are trash, and that is bad. It's actually bad for you too. And it's not something that is that hard to actually change.

>Maybe this isn't the site for you. You might prefer a more heavily moderated forum.
Actually, I've been here for eight or nine years now. It is a board for people like me. It isn't for people like you. No place is for people like you: you are trash, and that means that no place is for you except for a literal trashbin. This place can be pretty great AS LONG AS PEOPLE LIKE YOU are not too common. Then people like me will start leaving: the greatest irony is that you need people like me, while we need people like you to leave.
>>
>>382534201
This. Oblivion and Skyrim really misses the point with their crappy dungeon crawling. Morrowind did it best, just throw you out there after you've made your character.
>>
>>382519279
Fallout: New Vegas
>>
>>382519279
Way of the Samurai.
>>
File: grins smugly.png (80KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
grins smugly.png
80KB, 184x184px
>>382534971
>excuse
I'm not trying to excuse anything.

This place is anonymous. Perfect for me. I feel more belonging here than on any other site. You're the one with the problem with some of the folks here.
>>
File: images (9).jpg (15KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (9).jpg
15KB, 443x332px
>>382519279
>pic related
>>
File: 9708098yea.png (150KB, 299x363px) Image search: [Google]
9708098yea.png
150KB, 299x363px
>>382519279
Not your games, seeing how I can't fly to the moon. You told us that we can go anywhere. So why can't I go into space or go to the moon Todd, huh?
>>
>>382535983
You can in Morrowind. Make a custom Mark on Target spell and cast it on the moon then Recall to the Mark.
>>
File: I'm from Rorikstead.jpg (184KB, 636x699px) Image search: [Google]
I'm from Rorikstead.jpg
184KB, 636x699px
>bandits will actually cry out that they yield if you slap the fuck out of them
>no way to bully yourself into being a bandit king

Factions in skyrim a shit
>>
>>382535806
>I'm not trying to excuse anything.
You are. That is why you are posting here, even though I sincerely doubt this is also case of something being "fun" here. Yet you feel like you do need to excuse yourself.

And by the way, I'm actually kinda grateful for that. It's not common when I can actually talk to people like you, and I would like to do that much more frequently because there is something profoundly wrong with your kind of people and I really wish to understand what it is.

>This place is anonymous. Perfect for me.
In the same way that an weakened person is perfect for a disease. You are still a creature that exists SOLELY from being bother and annoyance to others. You are a parasite. Nobody wants you here. You are a bother to everyone except other parasites. You might get easier options here, but that does not change the fundamental problem here.

>I feel more belonging here than on any other site.
That is because you should not feel belonging anywhere. You do not belong anywhere. You chose to act in a way that makes you a bother to everyone around you. You are just a pain in the ass: a miserable person who choses to inflict that misery on others instead of fixing himself. It just sadly so happens that this place is less capable of defending itself from people like you.

But again: you need this place to be functional. You derive your entire fucking being here from the fact that less shit people are still here, still actually discussing shit, still not actively trying to ruin this environment.
So what you are doing is detrimental to everyone, including yourself in the long run. And not to mention fucking needless, because this shit is entirely unnecessary. You are not destined or predetermined to be trash: that is purely and exclusively your own fucking free decision. You could be having considerably more fun in ways that are considerably less harmful to you and to everyone else.
>>
>>382519279
Pillars of Eternity
>>
File: 1498869811171.jpg (116KB, 639x685px) Image search: [Google]
1498869811171.jpg
116KB, 639x685px
>>382535917
>turn based
ummm no sweetie
>>
Programming
>>
>>382524393
You need a better outlet for your childhood trauma. IRL doesn't let you open almost any doors without getting arrested, anyway.
>>
>>382536564
You got me. Though I still stand by my statement that I'm not making any excuses.
>>
>>382536278
>Skyrim
>Factions
THE BEAR AND THE BULL
>>
>>382537569
>Though I still stand by my statement that I'm not making any excuses.
I think you are, thought not to me. I might be wrong, I frequently am. It's one of the reasons why I do like this board and why I stuck to it for all these years: it allows me to speak even though I may be (and am) wrong and nobody can use my past poor judgements against me in the next discussion. I think that facilitates an interesting space for discussion - you can be more candid, speak your mind even if you might be wrong because nobody will use it against you in the future.
It's worth talking even when you are wrong, to be confronted with your own mistakes because that is the fastest way to learn from them . And that is also why the growing number of people like you bother me enough to type out these walls of text: system like this board can only work when the "no past guilt" aspect of it is used only for being right/wrong in the past. If people like you abuse it too much, it falls apart. And I feel like that could be potentially a great loss.

And again: I should probably also stress out that I actually really do appreciate the fact that you seem to be at least honest and actually even willing to discuss this, hell even admit a mistake (even though paranoia nurtured in this board makes me wonder how honest that is): I actually value that a lot anyway.

You are still not going to stop doing this crap though, are you?
>>
Unreal World
>>
>>382538810
Shame. Real shame. Well, I guess you can't win them all.
>>
>>382530521
>commie logic
>>
>>382519279
Terraria
>>
>>382543723
Say hello to lihzard temple
>>
I would much rather have a fleshed out single player experience with a cohesive storyline and an immersive atmosphere than a pointless open sandbox.
>>
>>382525058
You can leave the Plateau without the paraglider
>>
>>382543969
That is like saying "I would rather have a good home made meatloaf than a burned shoe for a meal."
Yeah: of course. You are comparing a well done thing to poorly done thing. Badly done sandbox is of course better than well done linear game.
But then again, well done open world is of course better than poorly done linear experience. You are not actually addressing the role of the open-world and/or linear game design at all: you are just saying that you don't like badly done things.
>>
>>382524143
Originally the game wasn't supposed to be as enclosed. Lost Alpha is what the game was meant to be.
>>
>>382526075
kek
>>
>>382544392
Even lost alpha is gated as fuck. It's more like metroidvania than anything. Also... lost alpha was unplayably bad. Especially story-wise that managed to turn the amazing setting into a farce. Did the director cut change anything? I remember my biggest issue being the fucking AWFUL cutscens and basically every moment the game attempted exposition, and also vehicles not only being terrible and unplayably buggy, but also literally not having enough fuel to drive from cordon to bar, much less to drive you to any slightly more distant location and then back.
Did they fix any of that?
>>
>>382543969
Glad to know that RCT is a shit game
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.