[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about playing this. What would I be in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: StarWarsTheOldRepublic_604x423.jpg (97KB, 604x423px) Image search: [Google]
StarWarsTheOldRepublic_604x423.jpg
97KB, 604x423px
Thinking about playing this. What would I be in for?
>>
>>382518043
A nice RPG and a mediocre MMO
>>
>>382518043
It's dying rapidly. Level 1-50 story is completely free. Most of the content past the free 1-50 story is shit anyways though.
>>
File: Star Wars.jpg (4MB, 4842x5032px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.jpg
4MB, 4842x5032px
>>
I've never actually played an MMO. I'm really only interested because it's Star Wars and it seems like a cool era.
>>
Depends on what you are looking.

If you are here for the mmo it is the typical wow. If you are here for the story you'll be bored to tears it is the post ME2 Bioware affair but with far more repetitive mission estructure.
>>
>>382518713
What's this?
>>
>>382519325
This, everyone who says it has a great story are full of shit. IA is mediocre, everything else is shit. Also, the launcher is the worst mmo launcher I've ever used EVER, and that includes every single Korean mmo. You might literally have to rename your pc to get it to work, and no one at bioware cares.
>>
story isn't good and the mechanics are like a more half-assed version of wow's. you can level just by doing class quests now but it's still not a worthwhile experience by any means, and I'm a raging star wars fag
>>
>>382519432
SWTFU/2
>>
>>382518043
Its pretty much shit. Game is dead. The endgame is crap, the leveling is sped through or skipped, the stories are laughable trash with no sense of consequence or depth, and the community is basically non-existent. Couple that with the fact that they chose arguably the worse choice of game engine to run an MMORPG, even compared to shit like Shadowbane.

The game is on life support. If you want to erp there's way better games out there, free even. Also the "free" to play model in SWTOR is the the most infuriating thing about it. They will constantly demand money for ridiculous shit that should be fucking free. "Oh you worked so hard to unlock x? Well now that you've unlocked it, you have the fucking priviledge to BUY it to finish unlocking it! $10.99 please!"

Shit's ridiculous, fuck this game and fuck EA and nu-bioware
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.