[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VOICE ACTOR BAD NEWS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 619
Thread images: 99

File: image.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>"so far, the companies targeted by this strike haven't begun to negotiate with the union"

Video game publishers haven't even started to negotiate with the VA Union yet. Seems that they don't care. We're already seen VAs like Ashly Burch have to drop out of projects because of this. Who will win?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-30-the-voice-actor-who-didnt-know-he-was-working-on-fallout-4
>>
>"so far, the companies targeted by this strike haven't begun to negotiate with the union"

good
fuck these hacks
>>
>we are very important pay us more money
>no you aren't
>we'll go on strike, you need us
>lol no we don't
>>
>>382517475
This. There are tons of potential voice actors who will do the work.
>>
>Big VAs like Nolan North and Troy Baker aren't affected by this strike because they're not union
>Nolan North even called out the striking VAs and voiced his support for developers at the VGAs

So, will the VAs crack first? The only loss that bummed me out was Capcom recasting Leon for the RE2 remake.
>>
>>382517772
>So, will the VAs crack first?

Of course they will, these people have no other talents otherwise they wouldn't be working as VAs.
>>
>>382517772
claire's va said the capcom recasting had nothing to do with the strike tho
>>
That's great, fuck those whiny cunts.
Hopefully fresh blood will come pouring in and we'll see more dubs like the Nier Automata one, where no-name VAs deliver great performances.
>>
File: 102385.jpg (914KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
102385.jpg
914KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw this strike has been great because we've been getting more than the sale dozen or so voices for every game
Out with the old, in with the new.
>>
This is very good news for everyone but the small cabal of union voice actors trying to get a tighter stranglehold of an industry they're entirely out of touch with. Good riddance. I look forward to the influx of new talent.
>>
Aren't Japanese VAs payed a fortune for their talents, by comparison?
>>
FUCK unions
>>
>VAs think they're special for having the same thing what every single human has

Unless if you're morgan freeman, you ain't worth shit
>>
>>382517283
>Video games may not be voiced by the same five people anymore
>This is somehow bad
>>
>>382518179
Or Patrick Stewart.
>>
>>382518179
hypocrite
>>
>>382518146
But they are pure.
>>
>>382518146
completely different culture regarding VAs, they are like pop stars and usually has a bigger career as singers and shit. They also brand their VAs and market them in a way where otakus can obsess over them like not letting the women date
>>
>>382517283
>We're already seen VAs like Ashly Burch have to drop out of projects because of this.

So... would it be possible to keep this strike going forever?
>>
>>382518279
kill yourself, anthony burch
>>
>>382517916
>Nier Automata
I always play with Japanese audio in Japanese games, but 9S sounded fine. Don't like 2B in English though.
>>
>>382518146
It varies greatly depending on your popularity. Some VAs are getting multiple jobs every season, but some are no more better off than your regular salaryman. This day and age VAs also need to behave like an idol meaning much more restrictions on dating, looking cute and bunch of personal stuff
>>
>>382517283
Good, I want more games with dubs like Soul Sacrifice Delta and Dragon Quest Heroes.
>>
>>382518146
They also have an actual role in the success of a game. Nobody buys a game because Nolan North is in it.
>>
>>382518146
They do music, tour, model etc. They're much more diverse with their talents. You have actors like Troy Baker who can sing, Nolan North is on TV sometimes, but that's it really.
>>
>>382518428
I thought 2B was fine enough, but 9S really stole the show for me - his screams of bloody murder were amazing in the dub.
>>
The strike is only on the already super big publishers and developers. The ones that have enough money to hire actual actors. They don't care about them. If they want the pull power of a star they'll hire a star. Western voice actors don't have the same power as big nip voice actors. Yet they think they do.
>>
oh no not ashly burch ;_;
>>
>>382517283
Good. Games would be better off without it, and fuck those giggledicks for thinking they're somehow entitled to more money than the people making the damn game in the first place.
>>
I'll take their place. I don't even need a lot of money for it.
>>
I do agree that they should be able to know what game/character they're doing, though.
>>
Those entitled fucks think their actions are without consequences, all they are doing is speeding up the process of artificial voice software.
>>
>>382517283
They'll just pay different VAs. I love how they think they're important enough to think a strike will work. What's even more hilarious is that they must be getting paid enough to be able to stay on strike for so long.
>"muh $250,000 payment for my role isn't good enough, I WANT $500,000 LIKE THE REAL ACTORS"
>>
>We're already seen VAs like Ashly Burch have to drop out of projects because of this.
Good.
I am tired of that cunt.
>>
This is only a good thing.
>>
>>382517283
The ones who have the money.
>>
If you do not hail from glorious nippon and you never did a voice in a Metal Gear I do not give a fuck if you live or die.
>>
>>382518146
But they are leaps and bounds better too, primarily due to competition. They can voice the most retarded scripts and you can feel the intensity and emotion needed for each scene, bringin what are basically toons to life. Most english dubs make my skin crawl, you just can feel the VA's reading the script 90% of the time.

t. english is my third language and I don't even know japanese.
>>
>>382518526
The problem with 2B is that she really couldn't compare to her Japanese VA. she's really fucking good.
>>
Serious question, even if they succeeded, what's to stop the bigger companies from just outsourcing their voice work to cheaper nations? I mean, English speaking actors are probably available everywhere.
>>
I bet they already have cushy upper middle class lives which is a gateway to do anything you'd like in thus world.

But nooooo waaaaah I want to get rich off of voice acting.

Fucking privileged little cunts.
>>
>>382518710
Japanese voice actors have zero range.
All they do is screech and do their shitty anime voices.
>>
>games don't have voice acting
Suddenly video games just got better.
>>
>>382517283
>>382517321
>>382517475
Well we can expect voice acting to get a lot worse all of a sudden. So it's just a waiting game. Obviously companies were going to hold on to their gorillion dollars as long as they can get away with it.
>>
>>382518146
Only a small % of nip voice actors actually make a lot of money. And the ones that do make a lot of money can be marketed for more than just that voice acting talent.
>>
>>382517916
>Nier 2 dub
>good
It was terrible aside from 9S. That said the striking actors wouldn't have delivered any better.
>>
>>382518710
I try to watch subbed anime if at all possible, purely because of how shockingly bad 99.99% of English speaking VAs are.
>>
>>382518869
I sort of share this sentiment. I loved giving characters voices in Divinity:OS before they added voice acting.
>>
>>382518882
Good.
Go back to the old days where it's just text, maybe some beeps as the letters show up.
Or give everyone different pitches for the beeps like the Golden Sun games on the GBA
>>
>>382518831
Apparently it is enough to earn a shitton of money unlike western VAs.
>>
VA was a mistake. It's an unnecessary drain on the overall budget that could be spent better elsewhere.
>>
I fuckong LOL'd when I saw demanded bonuses based on a game's revenues.
>>
>>382518949
Fuck I mean voicing and acting them out in my head.
>>
>>382518146
VAs in Japan are like Hollywood actors here. The roles are basically reversed. They're actually talented, so yes, they are payed more. Then again, Japanese companies don't dump 90% of the budget into marketing aside from some goliaths like SE.
>>
>>382518882
Anyone that wants to make a living will continue to do VA work despite the strike, if not they can have fun working retail or some shit
>>
File: Bear has had enough.jpg (320KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bear has had enough.jpg
320KB, 1280x960px
Boy I sure miss Troy Baker.
>>
>>382518992
They think they're as important as Hollywood actors just because the product makes similar money to box office sales.
>>
>>382518831
Wrong.
>>
>>382519046
>>382518146
>payed
Not a fucking word.
It's "paid".
People get PAID.
>>
>>382517283
VAs are not as unique and critical as they think they are. I'm willing to be sympathetic towards some of the hardships a VA can face, there's a real risk to damaging your vocal chords and once you do that you're basically done, and I completely agree that VAs should be compensated fairly for their contribution to a project as should anyone working any job.

But fucking Christ, the hours a VA puts into a single game is fucking peanuts compared to the hours of even a single developer or designer or testing. These people's jobs actually depend on the success of the project, their job is the project, 40+ hours a week of their lives is the project. I don't think it's unfair to consider their contribution worthy of larger compensation and perhaps even profit sharing when compared to a VA, I don't think a VA deserves the benefits of the long-term success of a game because they weren't a long-term contributor to its creation. And even if none of this were true, there's are probably millions of people who could easily cover for 90% of any throwaway VA so who the fuck cares if some of them are striking.

So good, I'm willing to side with the corporate AAA machine on this one and I literally don't care if these morons want to abandon their jobs.
>>
>>382519081
He's still working.
>>
File: 1400371970994.jpg (484KB, 871x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400371970994.jpg
484KB, 871x800px
I miss Laura Bailey.
>>
>>382518882
Games would be better without voice acting.
>>
>>382518882

>Well we can expect voice acting to get a lot worse all of a sudden.

After the first season of The Walking Dead, AMC shitcanned Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, The Mist, etc.) and literally slashed the budget in half. There's a clear and immediate drop in quality in everything from lighting to makeup to direction and set design, and the show just kept on makin' those gorillion dollars.

You know why? Because quality and popularity have a tenuous relationship at best, and the more narrow the topic the less likely the average viewer will notice the quality. Do you really believe in your heart of hearts that anybody's going to notice if the quality of voice acting in video games decreases?
>>
>>382519157
It's a word but used in a very specific manner that is incorrect in this case.
>>
Easiest jobs to replace, good riddance.
>>
>>382518992
>He doesn't buy a game based on how good the voice acting is.
I feel bad for you ..................
>>
>>382518146
Jap VAs are celebrities of sort that also do VA work for other shit like anime, movie localisations, commercials, and some even make money as musicians.

Conversely, English VAs are very niche, especially in video games (which is why you always hear the same people every game), and they typically only do video games and maybe some off roles in cartoons. English VAs aren't even hit for popular animated movies, actual actors are commissioned for those to help sell them.
>>
>>382519273
>he doesn't believe that voice actors tar ships
>>
>>382517283
Almost like VAs aren't nearly as important as they like to think. Also, fuck the union for making the industry choose between them and non-union VAs by enforcing the exclusivity clause in contracts.
>>
>>382517283
Fucking good. All the VAs in the Union were the same tired fucking hacks we get in everything. Maybe now we'll finally see companies reaching out for new actors.
>>
Is the strike why Dawn of War 3 had to recast the commanders?
>>
They'll just bring in scabs to do the voice work.
>>
>>382518869
I agree in a sense that's money that can go into ACTUAL game development process and not additional frills like VA.
>>
>>382519436
>Almost like VAs aren't nearly as important as they like to think.
They aren't. They really aren't. I've never played a game and said to myself "DAMN I'm glad this game has voice acting!" I've only cringed at some terrible voicework, especially in Jap localisations. I hope this pushes developers to just stop including voice work in their games because it just isn't necessary...
>>
File: huh_miyabi.jpg (159KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
huh_miyabi.jpg
159KB, 640x640px
someone tell about VA career on America
in my country every voice actor must have an "performing acts" degree, and it's actually highly remarked as top tier around the world. but recently some publishers are pushing to use "famous people" as substitutes and the dub become utter shit
how it goes in your country?
>>
File: b9e.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
b9e.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>The union is losing more money than they would have gotten from negotiations because companies are just hiring hobos off the street for chicken feed
>>
>>382517283
Any VA who might be prolific enough to be recognized by the average gamer should be avoided anyway I'm sick of the same people's voices in everything
>>
I don't understand why they don't just outsource to japanese VAs?
The quality would jump immensely and you wouldn't have to deal with bullshit like this.
>>
>>382517283
I hope they keep the strike going, sick of hearing the same few people anyway.
>>
companies are already crying about budgets in the first place, cutting voice acting and putting animal grunts with text will save a few million.
hell screw the grunting and text too, that costs money so just have gameplay, nothing else.
>>
>>382519338
me too, I look for quality in my videogames so I make sure not to buy games voiced by the VAG.
>>
File: heh.png (349KB, 483x500px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
349KB, 483x500px
>>382517283
>muh residuals
>>
Reminder that the strike doesn't just cover voice actors, it covers all actors in the union including mocap actors, so regularly get told to do shit without proper stunt coordination, which this strike is also asking for.

Pic related happened to the guy who played Jason Voorhees. He played him in most (if not all) of themovies with no problem. Mocaps him in one video game and this happens.
>>
>>382519486
Nah, they wanted British voice actors just like how FFXIV did it.
>>
why do VAs think they're so special? animators should be the ones getting raises, they do the actual work
>>
>>382517772
>So, will the VAs crack first?

Of course they will. The strike has been going on for almost a year. A fucking year. Something like this should happen way more often because all that happens is the same cadre of VAs take all roles and the talent pool stagnates into a cesspool of mediocrity. These actors on strike want to maintain control because they know if any new talent gets a moment to shine they get less roles and can't keep their stranglehold in place. They also want a free lifelong meal ticket (residuals) for an entertainment medium they only add a bonus too. These people's egos are so bloated they they believe they themselves sell video games like Call of Duty not because its fun to shoot your friends online because of their "performances" and they cry crocodile tears because COD made billions but they only got small percentage, which is still in the tens of millions. Fuck them all and the horses they rode in on.
>>
>>382519679
how
>>
britbong only dubs are the future, I'm confident they'll unite /v/.
>>
>>382519457
MOTHER

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

THIS

I AM SO GODDAMN SICK OF NOLAN NORTH, STEVE BLUM, TROY BAKER, AND PHIL LAMARR
>>
>>382519659
Publishers will never ever agree to residuals of any kind, though. It's a point the VAs cannot win on.
>>
>>382519749
During an execution animation where he elbow drops a survivor in a sleeping bag
>>
>>382519596
Animated movies in the English speaking west push for Hollywood actors to voice act in them. Lesser roles in these movies are given to "professional" VAs and staffers.

The thing is though Hollywood actors can actually act, even if its just voice overs, so they often would do a better job than these "professionals" anyway. English VAs are mostly horrible because there's no competition and no real educational scene for it.
>>
>>382517916
>Automata dub
>liking runka chunks
>>
>>382519338
That's like buying a car based only on how the engine sounds.
>>
>>382519679
That doesn't make the strike okay, that makes anyone aligned with the guild an idiot for not getting the proper support after all these years of doing mocap stunts.
>>
>>382519749
he only gets a 3 minute fap break while working on video games, far less than his usual 15 minute union break.
>>
>>382518882
this is bad because???
>>
>>382519862
If the engine sounded like complete shit you would be inclined to purchase a different car
>>
File: 211.jpg (64KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
211.jpg
64KB, 554x439px
>>382517283
>mfw English isn't my native language in the first place

Seriously, it makes no goddamn difference me when I have subtitles on anyway. Might as well listen to Ayapaneco for all I care.
>>
>>382517283
consumers win at the end of the day.

no high priced voice acting or any voice acting means cheaper to produce games and FASTER production of games.

fuck your AAA 10 year development time with 30 million dollar budget that goes to a bunch of whiney cunts

5 slavs squatting on barstools drunkenly yelling at homeless people to mumble some quickly scribbled lines on some used tissue paper is all thats required.
>>
>>382519606
That would sound horrible you weeb cunt.
>>
I think only around 30% of voice actors are even members of SAG-AFTRA, and the most notable VA's, Nolan North, Troy Baker, etc., aren't even part of the strike. A strike seems destined to fail if you're easily replaceable.
>>
>>382518960
this is honestly the best. cheapest way to make text and allows for infinite shit without the immense cost of voice acting with 0 risk of annoying voices
>>
>>382519679
Then why aren't they constantly talking about mocap work alongside union VA work with this strike?

Oh right, it's cause they're jealous that mo cap actors can actually work in multiple areas of entertainment since they provide the necessary movements for whatever actions needed for a scene in a production.
>>
>>382519772
I'm still pissed Little Witch dub has american dub, should have been a brit dub much more fitting
>>
File: 1413063206016.png (13KB, 640x712px) Image search: [Google]
1413063206016.png
13KB, 640x712px
>>382519958
I'd rather just not hear the engine at all.
>>
>>382519679
Explain.
>>
>>382518960
I'm all for it because RPGs in particular got gypped as VA became the norm in video games.
>>
Voice acting a shit
It bloats budgets and limits the development space due to always having to account for the VA
It's much easier and cheaper to write two dozen options for dialogue for a conversation with a npc than recreating even a fraction of those with VA
>>
>>382519884
>getting the proper support
that's exactly what they've been trying to accomplish with these strikes for years
>>
File: free.png (450KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
free.png
450KB, 449x642px
>>382517283
Oh no how will I ever cope with Ashley Burch not voicing a major character in my shitty games
>>
So did nobody read the article op posted?

Because if it's true and somewhat common it would explain why the voice direction in video games tends to be sub-par.
>>
>>382517283
I read that as the opposite. For a second I thought It was the video game publishers going on strike against the VAs. I can't believe the VAs want MORE money.
>>
>>382518882
Look at this man and fucking laugh.
>>
>>382518882
Well I mean they weren't exactly scrambling to find union actors to begin with, as the years have gone by companies have started caring less and less about quality voice acting and character consistency in general. They aim to sell to the masses and the masses have made it clear that they don't give a shit about it at all.
>>
>>382519958
Yeah but it if it's a great car otherwise it's a great car and I'd get it.

If the engine sounded great but the car was a barely functioning piece of shit I'd never buy it.
>>
>Need a voice for a character
>Put in a casting call for regular actors
Done.
>>
>>382520072
No, they've been asking for more money. The 'proper support' is just to fluff it to make it look more legitimate.
>>
>>382520072
You don't need to lump in greed into you negotiations for actual support.
>>
>>382518710
>>382518347
>>382518518
>>382519046
>>382519373
These guys get it. Japanese VAs are rock stars and go on talk shows or get parts in live action movies all the time. Some of them even do borderline pinup stuff.
>>
>>382517283
thank god the generic american voice actors need to die

import british ones already and not just use random shitters in LA for british roles that are shit
>>
>>382519679
Is that Kane Hodder? If so, this

>He played him in most (if not all) of themovies with no problem.
>with no problem

is bullshit. Hodder got injured quite a lot.
>>
>>382517283
Nobody gives a fuck about voice actors, and they were huge retards for thinking they had any negotiating power for fucking royalties. Maybe when the front covers of games start featuring voice actors like movies do for actual actors
>>
>Come in to the recording studio for 1 week
>Enunciate a few poorly written lines with the same voice you've used a hundred other times
>An army of overworked, underpaid programmers and artists then spends 60-70 hour weeks putting your voice to a character, and building the game for that character to be in
>Game comes out, exactly 0% of consumers buy the game because "omg it has a character voiced by Faggot Jones"
>Cry that you don't get a share of the profits when you have probably the easiest and least important job in the entire process.
Fuck 'em. No one has ever considered voicework an important part of a video game. Hell, the ones that have bad voices are typically remembered more fondly than the ones full of a dozen "generic hollywood hero voice". Retards are salty they aren't good enough to be real actors and have spent so long taking the crumbs from the video game industry that they got too big for their boots. I'll happily take amateur voice overs, or no voicework at all, over giving these assholes one red cent.
>>
>>382518831
What are you talking about? Doraemon?
>>
>>382520097
like one anon said the industry cares a lot less about this matter because the voice acting union mandates you cannot hire non-union voice actors because the union gets the contract even if you hire a single person that's signed with them. the way things are we might see a rise of more independent voice actors and freelance pool of talent not beholden to the union by default.
>>
>>382520157
They're part of the same union.
>>
>>382519373
unlike America, Jap anime and movies are more popular to allow voice actors to get known. no one cares for voice acting in games unless it's ridiculously good (like dawn of war 1)
>>
>>382517283
More non union VA work.

Me Gusta
>>
>>382518882
Cite your sources. None of the union VAs are any better than non-Union guys
>>
>>382520024
Because nobody knows who the fuck mocap actors are. You hear about fucks like David Hayter and Ashley Burch because they're famous enough to be posted here.

Literally nobody here has ever heard of Richard Dorton.
>>
>>382519606
How can anyone be this much of a worthless weeaboo faggot.
>>
>>382517283
Fuck unions, my mom says I have a great voice I want to be a VA REEEEEEEE
>>
>Remember kids, voice acting doesn't matter, except when it does
>>
>>382520042
qelq
>>
>>382520369
>except when it does
When???
>>
>>382518882
It'll probably be better since it's not just union hacks getting a paycheck now so maybe it'll be passionate talented people trying to get their shot.
>>
>>382517283
tfw Drew Pickles' VA was against SAG-AFTRA's merger probably because of greedy shit like this
>>
>>382517283
gameplay first > then the trash
>>
>>382519596
What country?
>>
>>382520401
When you notice it.
>>
>>382520084
>expecting thorough reading comprehension, and point-by-point civil debate on /v/
>>
Hayter was on strike when MGS1 was on it's way, in the demo version he was under a fake name.

20 years later, nothing has changed.
>>
File: 1461703128075.jpg (488KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1461703128075.jpg
488KB, 1600x1600px
Good. I'm fucking tired of hearing the same three voice actors in every fucking AAA game.

Fuck them. Maybe this will create a paradigm shift letting new people in the industry. Fuck off Baker. Fuck off North. Fuck off Burch.
>>
>>382518882
how could it POSSIBLY get worse than Ashley Burch?

She literally only gets roles because she is a internet feminist SJW

Do you think Tiny Tina was some kind of breakthrough?
>>
>>382520084
Yeah, sounds like the industry is is incredibly unprofessional, but we knew that already
>>
File: Guy.jpg (12KB, 250x291px) Image search: [Google]
Guy.jpg
12KB, 250x291px
Who's laughing now?
>>
>>382520175
It's a union. It has to do its best to represent all its members. Not strike one year for X, then the next year for Y, then the next year for Z. They'd be on strike nonstop and never do any work, which is the exact opposite of what unions are there for.
>>
>>382517283
> We're already seen VAs like Ashly Burch have to drop out of projects because of this. Who will win?

By the sound if it, people who play games.
>>
>>382520436
Most of the time I'd prefer not to. Other times, I could do without it.
>>
>>382520482
Who?
>>
https://youtu.be/b27iLcoPHTg?t=206

Reminder that Nolan North is based.
>>
>>382520458
Troy baker is actually good and still working
>>
>>382518710
>They can voice the most retarded scripts and you can feel the intensity and emotion needed for each scene, bringin what are basically toons to life.
>I don't even know japanese.

this is like the most perfect weeb cancer post ever.
>>
>>382520409
Link? That sounds interesting since Rugrats was a show I loved when I was super young.
>>
>>382520542
He knows this whole thing is fucked up. He's been made a millionaire voicing while so many talented programmers and designers are left barely scratching up for rent.
>>
>>382518385
This

I want house Burch to fall
>>
I hope to God this means I'll never hear Steve Blum's faggot fucking voice again. Fuck these clowns.
>>
File: 1492060645771.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1492060645771.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>YFW this ends up causing the return of silent protagonists in every game
>>
>>382520509
And like I said, those mocap actors are dumb for sticking with a union that doesn't have their interests as their priority. Even more so if they are sticking through shit negotiations where they can't get the support they need because their union is grouping essentials with greed.
>>
File: 1355829100144.jpg (190KB, 600x740px) Image search: [Google]
1355829100144.jpg
190KB, 600x740px
>>382520460
>how could it POSSIBLY get worse than Ashley Burch?

being anthony burch, watching ashley doing the sound effects for her latest sex scene.

>tfw you will never be anthony burch
>>
>>382520509
It's actually not doing the best job for its members because this residuals shit is going to get shot down for all eternity, they will never, ever get it.

The rest of the shit they'd have a good shot at getting but as long as that demand is in there it's not happening which I think is the actual point of the strike. The real point of the strike isn't to achieve a goal because if they wanted to do that they'd have done so by now, it's some stupid gimmick to try inflate their own fame and standing but it's not working because people really don't give a fuck.
>>
>>382520369
Voice acting only matters when it's remarkably good or memorable. If it's bog standard then it's forgettable and not worth much, and if it's bad then it's good for a chuckle before you move on. None of these union strikers have done anything remarkable.
>>
>Seems that they don't care.

Good.
>>
>We're totally important, you should pay us more
>While agreeing to pay us more, we also need you to agree not to hire anyone other than us, though. Since we're totally vital & irreplaceable.

Fuck this jewshit. No other industry is going to comply to this screen actors guild nonsense.
>>
>>382518710
Yeah, because they're voicing content MADE to be voiced in Japanese language and with Japanese script. People tend to forget that when you're dubbing something in a foreign language, be it games, anime, movie, etc you're working not only with translated script limitations but also with fixed assets that cannot be changed, like how money frames you have to deliver your line. Also, languages are obviously different and same shit doesn't apply to all of them so you wouldn't use onomatopoeia sounds in English like they do in Japanese, for example.
>>
>unions
Fuck them
>>
>>382519839
There are genuinely talented people in english VA, like Billy West, they're just not common.
>>
Won't companies just hire unionized voice actors? Bioshit had a crowdfunding campaign for all those youtube voice actors to attempt to put themselves inside a video game.

Either we'll start seeing more diverse names and voices since voice directors will stop having people use the same voice
>>
>>382520436
Bad voice acting were a thing in the 90's when games were advanced enough to even have voice acting in it. It added to the charm and campiness of the game.
>>
>>382520545
>>382520458
He even called out the guy he replaced in Silent Hill because he wanted residuals.

>>382520542
A very passionate VA as well. His performance as Nathan Drake is better than the majority of performances you see in games.
>>
>>382520292
Not every actor is unionized. Just make an ad online. I know plenty of actors who aren't in a union.
>>
Anyone can voice act. You're just talking. These people are morons. Also Ashly Burchis fucking terrible she ruined horizon for me.
>>
>>382518146
>>382520185
And to add to this, they're also very loyal to their work.

Once you're the voice of a character, you're pretty much that character for life unless health, you quit the industry, or it's been years and the company wants to replace everyone.
>>
>>382520000
Nice quads, weebhater.
>>
>>382518710
>>382520573
As someone that's watched more anime than your average weeb over my years until I started hearing the same VAs in every anime I watched... this is a load of bullshit. Jap VAs really just act out archetypes in the same exact way as every other VA. There are some stunning and amazing performances, but they are VERY few and far between.
>>
File: 1491462031782.jpg (21KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1491462031782.jpg
21KB, 400x396px
>>382519226
Don't expect more of her since she's part of the strike as well.
>>
File: ff12pc2.jpg (601KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ff12pc2.jpg
601KB, 1680x1050px
Reminder that the best voiced game of all time was voiced by British Theatre actors, not wannabe Hollywood American brats.
>>
>>382520893
>>
>>382519226
Laura Bailey is pretty much the only Eng VA to voice in anime style. She's also CUTE ASS FUCK
>>
>>382520893
I'm going to miss the tincan encode.
>>
>>382519606
Because broken English would be SO much better than regular English, am I right you weeb?
>>
>>382518718
That and the voice actor is... an undesirable.
>>
>>382520893
SE tends to go crazy with their VAs for Final Fantasy games. They hire some top quality lads.
>>
>>382519226
Critical Role you fool
>>
>>382520824
See: pikachu's actress (also does chopper and Morgana)
>>
>>382520542
It's good to hear someone say this out loud. I swear to god, some people think games magically materialize overnight or something and seem to forget they spend years in development. Good man, Nolan.
>>
>>382520956
>an undesirable
the fuck do you mean
>>
>>382518882

The best voice acting I've ever heard came from a literally who newfag doing a weeb game.
>>
>>382519606
lol are you kidding. nip VA's are treated like gods, can you even imagine the complex they have.
>>
>>382517283

They realize that its basically only a requirement for someone to be passable at any kind of emotion. Really most people dont give a fuck anyway, or they just dont have people speak.

can you say race to the bottom?
>>
Can i have a you please?
>>
>>382521060
I'd post a picture of her but it would probably get deleted because it violates rule 15 is what I mean.
>>
>>382520893
>Mfw I have no face to describe the amazing voice work of Stephen Russell when he was working under Looking Glass Studios.

Granted he's American, but man his voice work still resonates with me years later; and he works in theater too.
>>
>>382521106
What game/character?
>>
File: FF12_basch.jpg (24KB, 312x283px) Image search: [Google]
FF12_basch.jpg
24KB, 312x283px
>>382520893
While they are excellent performances I think FF12's was elevated by VA direction, putting the excellent localization aside. You can see how it didn't work in FF13 where they had just as good VAs, but direction was clearly harkening back back to FF10 with "make it anime!" approach.
>>
File: 1498547473704.jpg (43KB, 611x607px) Image search: [Google]
1498547473704.jpg
43KB, 611x607px
>>382520636
>>
>>382520593
All that's known is that he's one of the actors that filed a lawsuit for the merger to be pushed. It wasn't because of greed though, it's because the motion to elect didn't follow procedure and the suit's been running for 5 years now.
>>
>>382520938
Waifu material.
>>
>>382521128
If you were dying of thirst I wouldn't even piss in your mouth

But sure, take a (You)
>>
>>382521173
That's a symptom in a lot of video games. Direction is usually shit and makes good actors sound like shit.
>>
Since games are like several medias pieced together; gameplay, story, art, animation, sound effects, music, etc, it truly lessens the importance of any individual component. Voice acting generally isn't the most important component. It isn't the second most important component. Maybe sometimes not even the third. The credit lists are so huge for video games and games are always imperfect at some aspect because of the amount of manpower required for every individual piece of the puzzle. It all means that VAs aren't worth shit compared to other medias.

The funny thing about it is the VA strike lessening the strength of VAs as they are ignored might be GOOD for the video game industry as it hopefully brings games further away from being non-interactive movies. That "component" can fuck itself if it brings us those types of games.
>>
>>382520460

If youre gonna shit talk somebody, at least spell their name right.
>>
>>382521156

I'll give you a hint, it was a Danganronpa character.
>>
>>382518882

Based on... what?
>>
>>382518146
Many Japanese VAs are, you know, ACTUALLY GOOD and deserve the money they're paid
>>
>>382520631
Blum sounding like he just sanded his vocal cords is the best part of Vanquish though.
>>
>>382518882
good, more money to spend on actually making the game good
>>
>>382520631
Blum actually has insane range. Companies just hire him for that gruff voice, though.
>>
>>382518882
ill take that hit for potential new talent in the market instead of just the same old fucking people in every game
>>
File: 2548245925694.png (5KB, 320x120px) Image search: [Google]
2548245925694.png
5KB, 320x120px
>>382518882
Why? Artistic unions exist to protect bad artists just like teachers unions exist to protect bad teachers. Or did you think unions were about maintaining quality for the customer? Because lol no.
>>
>>382521140
He did a good job in Dishonored 2 as well, unfortunately the script wasn't very good but he was clearly trying to make it work.
>>
File: C6SKFPHUoAAR7Cz.jpg (131KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C6SKFPHUoAAR7Cz.jpg
131KB, 1200x900px
>>382521136
>it would probably get deleted because it violates rule 15 is what I mean.
The fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1492487079720.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1492487079720.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>382520938
>tfw we will never hear her voice Lucina again after FE Heroes.
>>
>/v/ suddenly hates Ashly Burch

WTF
>>
>>382521396
Many Japanese VAs actually look good too. They're goddamn actors and the industry makes them look the part so they can help sales.

It's not like having a random shmuck on the street say a few lines
>>
>>382520893
>matsuno will never direct another game
Life is suffering.
>>
>>382521546

I never blamed her for being Anthony's sister, but his faggotry has started to rub off on her.
>>
>>382521546
I don't REALLY get it either, doesn't she help develop and direct as well?
>>
>>382518146
Japan is a really weird country with a completely different culture from America.
>>
>waa waa gib more mony
>no
lmao maybe this will make them realize how worthless and easily replaceable they actually are
>>
File: 1495800065909.jpg (7KB, 248x243px) Image search: [Google]
1495800065909.jpg
7KB, 248x243px
>union VAs say they are so poor all the time because big mean corporations not paying them enough
>yet these VAs can afford to not work at all for months, even years

Someone explain this to me
>>
actors are such narcissists even when its just doing voices in games and anime. sheesh.
>>
>>382517283
>Who will win?
The companies hopefully.
I don't usually root for them, but these VAs are fucking retarded.
The only point they have is getting residuals for their performance.
>>
It's almost as if it was fucking stupid to let Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day try to strongarm the industry so they can get Hollywood AAA-lister paychecks, when nobody gives a single fuck about the industry's voice dubbers. The most telling thing being it all about letting the cartel leaders make off like bandits is how they got the other shit--like, the hazard pay for doing strenuous screaming voice work--but they won't settle unless they get their multimillion dollar royalties checks.
>>
>>382518238
This is 27th of last seed, year of Akatossh 433 thesd are the closing days of the third era and the final hours of my life,

I wisg he did more work in VA stuff.
>>
File: 36582566925.jpg (1MB, 5628x3348px) Image search: [Google]
36582566925.jpg
1MB, 5628x3348px
>>382519232
T. oldfag
>>
>>382521353
>Danganronpa
>dub
>>
File: 1444541441662.png (221KB, 656x703px) Image search: [Google]
1444541441662.png
221KB, 656x703px
>post yfw you're not Ashly Burch
>>
>>382521107
Some of them are like that, yeah. Some are pretty cool too. And they are still expendable and replaceable, they're held to high standards and get to live lavish lives. But as soon as their talents in specific areas start fading, or as soon as they fuck up even once they'll be out on their asses.

They're high tier celebrities in Japan, but they're not invincible, and only a few of the most relevant seiyuu actually get high celebrity status.
>>
>>382521603
He's directing the story for the new 24 man raid in FFXIV, I have high expectations that my hopes will be shattered.

It's called "Return to Ivalice"
>>
File: 1415309560519.png (132KB, 366x278px) Image search: [Google]
1415309560519.png
132KB, 366x278px
>>382518882
>Well we can expect voice acting to get a lot worse all of a sudden
Are you actually implicating even half of these shitstains were even decent voiceactors?
>>
>>382521660
Fuck the.
Games would be better without voice acting, you'd have 10+ reply options in RPGs like in the 90's because you aren't limited by X number of voice lines.
Plus you could edit and add more dialogue without calling the voice actors again.
>>
>>382521660
*rubs hands together at you*
>>
>>382521668
>The only point they have is getting residuals for their performance.

That's literally the worst point of the entire strike.
>>
>>382519606
because no-one speeks weeb outside of Japan you mongoloid
>>
File: 1292137809179.png (26KB, 253x320px) Image search: [Google]
1292137809179.png
26KB, 253x320px
>>382518882
>voice actors drop out of the vidya industry
>cinematic games stop being a thing because no hot shot VA for the normalfags, normalfags hate reading

Oh shit.
>>
>>382521546
>suddenly
Has she had any good roles?
>>
>>382518882
Voice acting is not required.
>>
>>382521753
What the fuck? Is this true? Matsuno is back at SE?
>>
>>382518882
Or maybe it will get a lot better with people who aren't in the union willing to work for less money than professional union VAs. Or maybe games will go back to having no VAs.

Either way, that's good for games.
>>
File: 1481854798765.jpg (225KB, 1135x1753px) Image search: [Google]
1481854798765.jpg
225KB, 1135x1753px
>>382518710

ghost in the shell SAC and 2nd gig is the only english dub I've ever heard where I thought "you know that was alright"

most english dubs are absolute fucking trash
>>
>>382521791
Are you high? Its the only valid point.
>>
>>382520893
Basch, Ashe, Vaan and Penelo were all yank va's. I don't know much about the people who did Vaan and Penelo but Keith Ferguson and Kari Wahlgren are damn good.
>>
>>382521660
It's not a full time job unless you're extremely good
>>
>>382521353
There's like three Danganronpa games and the only character I actually liked in those dubs were Gundam's, as the dub as a whole is pretty bad. I played with nip voices on as they splurge for their VAs.

Come on, give us another hint. First, second, or is it from Ultra Despair Girls?
>>
>>382521353
Was it that one guy who played the green ranger in Power Rangers?
>>
>>382517283
wtf I love bethesda now
>>
>>382521714
well I guess it depends on the type of game
something like an RPG would be better without VAs, whereas something like a platformer or action game would be more fun with them
>>
File: 8.jpg (77KB, 323x315px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
77KB, 323x315px
>Working conditions which aren't even remotely close to bad
>Well paid
>Union still takes action

Can't be one of those good unions then.
>>
>>382517283
They can literally get YouTubers to do the work for free. What good is a union then
>>
>>382517283
Maybe we'll go back to plain text like the good old days and indirectly increase the writing quality, hopefully.
>>
File: 1448123716242.jpg (84KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1448123716242.jpg
84KB, 894x894px
>>382521721
LET'S GET THIS SHIT STARTED BOYS
>>
>>382521353
It better be Celes
>>
>>382521475
I don't hate the man but damn wish I had enough money to pay steve blum to NOT voice act for 5 years
just pay him to go on a non-stop holiday cruise till 2022
>>
>>382521830
He is involved with the 24 man raid, yes.
>>
>>382521545
>tfw you got Lucina's Awakening confession as your alarm
>ywn wake up to the real thing saying it
>>
Anyone know any game mods looking for VAs?
I'm still waiting on that big Fallout 4 mod to start taking submissions.
>>
File: money-animated-gif-4.gif (986KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
money-animated-gif-4.gif
986KB, 450x338px
>>382517662
>people actually think this
It's amazing how cavalier people are when others are bargaining to assert their worth as employees. It should be concerning that 'there are tons of potential employees' is a reason why we shouldn't recognize fair practices in compensating them.

I hope you're happy with your $8 full-time position with no benefits. Because fuck you if you realize you're a disposable cog with nothing to show for years of labor.
>>
>>382521849
Are you? It's the same one that is preventing the companies from negotiating with them.
>>
File: 1495954233275.png (70KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1495954233275.png
70KB, 235x235px
>>382521864
So they're unionizing over small part time summer jobs?

I'm gonna side with the businesses on this.
>>
>>382521889
He played Nero from DMC4, didn't he? Doesn't seem like a literal who, nor a newfag to the industry.
>>
>>382517283
Good. Video game publishers should hire better writers and directors with that money instead
>>
>>382521913

It wasn't even a character from the first game.
>>
>>382521849
>Voice acting clearly not important or considered important
>Voice actors who work for maybe a month at most on voices get paid cash for every sale
>Meanwhile the people who actually made the game don't get shit
It's completely a terrible point and will absolutely be the reason they get jack shit
>>
>>382521976
Yeah. He was also the MC in Persona 4. Johnny Young Bosch.
>>
>>382521958
>fair practices
>>
>>382521546
Ashley birch has always been bad. Her acting as aloy is absolutely terrible
>>
this thread is really fucking retarded
>>
File: 425822569292.png (669KB, 1000x1450px) Image search: [Google]
425822569292.png
669KB, 1000x1450px
>>382521896
I don't want to read text for 50 hours or however long an RPG takes.
>>
>>382522000
>Voice actors who work for maybe a month at most on voices get paid cash for every sale
I thought the whole point was that they don't.

>Meanwhile the people who actually made the game don't get shit
lolwut?
>>
>>382522053
you can return to reddit then
>>
File: 8754.jpg (203KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8754.jpg
203KB, 1024x1024px
>>382522034
I thought she was alright in LiS. Didn't even recognize her.
>>
If that's the case then there's non-union actors as well.

Mark Hamil can do whatever he wants because he's Mark Hamil.

This only affects people who are in the union. Meaning maybe we'll get talent outside of the union and who knows, there's probably some good actors.
>>
>>382519606
Non-meme answer, they are under strict contracts with their agency most of the time. It's the reason why getting the Japanese original audio in western releases is a pain in the ass
>>
>>382521136
What? Who is it, Tara?
She's literally everyone. Hell, she even voiced a snake god in Icewind Dale.
>>
File: 1498054447033.png (700KB, 910x915px) Image search: [Google]
1498054447033.png
700KB, 910x915px
>that feel when wagecuck scraping by on $100 AU a week

>articles about richfags saying they don't get paid enough

this shit is a vicious cycle at this point
>>
File: David_Hayter.jpg (639KB, 1326x1578px) Image search: [Google]
David_Hayter.jpg
639KB, 1326x1578px
>voice actors in japan are treated like A list celebrities and are paid a handsome salary

>talented voice actors like pic related in English regions are treated as average paid job that can easily be replaced with Hollywood celebrities regardless of VA talent

really makes you think
>>
File: Quark,_2375.jpg (100KB, 417x393px) Image search: [Google]
Quark,_2375.jpg
100KB, 417x393px
Why do americans always side with corporations anyway?
>>
>>382520418
so kids like you love the edge right
>>
>>382521660
To quote SAG-AFTRA's site:

>...As of Oct. 21, 2016, SAG-AFTRA is on strike against the following video game employers with regard to all games that went into production after Feb. 17, 2015:

>Activision Publishing, Inc.
>Blindlight, LLC
>Corps of Discovery Films
>WB Games, Inc.
>Disney Character Voices, Inc.
>Electronic Arts Productions, Inc.
>Formosa Interactive, LLC
>VoiceWorks Productions, Inc.
>Insomniac Games, Inc.
>Interactive Associates, Inc.
>Take 2 Interactive Software

Also these game aren't part of the strike: https://www.sagaftra.org/files/non-struck_video_game_productions_list_5.26.17.pdf
>>
>>382522054
Then you must not play many RPGs.
>>
>>382519806
fuck you, lamarr is goat
>>
>>382521896
A ton of small lines can add to an otherwise lifeless character.

The enemies in FEAR have a bunch of voice-lines that direct to a bunch of specific objects which adds to the illusion that they have the best AI ever.
>>
>>382521897
They just want more money and they think they can get it since video games are the biggest industry in the entertainment field

What they fail to realize is that no one cares about them. Normies only want a voice so they dont have to read, doesn't matter who the voice belongs to, and hardcore people resent the small pool of VAs.
>>
>>382520893
>Poorly-mixed, poorly-performed, poorly-written characters speaking poorly-written dialogue in a poorly-written game
>best voiced game of all time
Good joke.
>>
>>382522017
I like him, honestly. Always has a pretty solid performance, although I think his range could use a bit of work. Hope he wasn't roped in this whole strike affair, so DMC5 might have an actual chance at happening with the original actors.
>>
>>382522136
>talented voice actors like pic related
anon, I think you posted the wrong image
that's david hayter, not a talented va
>>
>>382522017
Johnny Yong Bosch is far from a literal who
>>
>>382522136
It's almost like talking into a microphone isn't a real job
>>
VA's going on strike instead of taking the pay check and fucking off are completely delusional.

Their job isn't hard, any fuck head could do it with a days practice. The only requirement is the person hiring you thinks you fit the character/sound the part.

Nothing they provide holds any job security whatsoever.
This is the internet, we've seen homeless people with better voices than most of these idiots.
>>
>>382522054
that's why you'll never understand why Morrowind shits all over Ghothic and The Witcher
>>
When you're in an industry where people hate the english dubs, you need to check urself before you wreck urself
>>
>>382522139
This is the same country which embodied capitalism during the Cold War
>>
>>382518882
>video game voice acting
>good
>ever

Hell $14.95 + tip an hour would probably be over paying for their "services"
>>
>>382522136
hayter isnt good
>>
File: 2VhUbWT.gif (1MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
2VhUbWT.gif
1MB, 320x181px
>>382522000
Not only do VAs not get paid cash for every sale basically ever, but the lower level programmers not getting shit shouldn't be a reason why other's ought to be treated unfairly. Indeed, they should be striking too to not get 100 hour work weeks shoved up their asses for 30k a year.

We should treat them both better, and they ought to have the right to organize and fight the publishers that are laughing all the way to the bank, regardless of how many other people are 'willing to work if they don't like it.'
>>
>>382522054
You've probably never played an RPG
>>
>>382517283
Thank the lord. I hate hearing the same few voice actors in every game.
>>
>>382519806
Voice directors are gunna start asking people to do a Steve Blum voice for characters.
>>
>>382522139
the kids in this thread want to sound cool so they are trying their hardest to hate the voice actors everything in this thread sounds forced
>>
File: 1455034081059.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1455034081059.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>382522202
>it's another "it's not a job if it's not backbreaking work" post
>>
File: 1468388567155.jpg (26KB, 275x280px) Image search: [Google]
1468388567155.jpg
26KB, 275x280px
>Americans in charge of not literally destroying everything right and good in the name of capitalism
>>
>>382521753
I heard, but designing a raid is not a new Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, or FFT. I'm still kind of baffled that SE has the integrity to only use the Ivalice name when Matsuno is working on a project. It's just weird to me that a big soulless conglomerate like that would show some restraint. You'd think you'd see Viera and Bangaa in FFXIV and Ivalice's name thrown around all the time to try to trick FFT fans to get on board with a new game.

I don't play MMOs but I might watch someone else play through the Ivalice raid, might be cool. I can hope against hope its a tease for a new FFT (or even just a fucking PC port of the great ios version of WOTL), I know my hopes'll be dashed though.
>>
>>382518167
The Burgers have arrived
>>
>>382522202
The only real job is plowing a field to grow crops and feed for the animals, am I right?
>>
>>382522153
>Insomniac is listed here
What the fuck? What did they do to be on the list? Almost every single game they've ever done used VAs from the union.
>>
>>382522260
>talking is SO hard guys
>>
>>382522224
>cuck post
>tumblr gif
hmm
>>
>>382522112
>richfags
how much do you think they get paid guy
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>382522191
>>382522202
>>382522223

Metal Gear Solid and the character Solid Snake would mean absolutely nothing if it wasn't for this man,

Apologize.
>>
File: 1437460336579.jpg (37KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1437460336579.jpg
37KB, 450x450px
>Self-proclaimed """""otaku""""" or weeb playing some jrpg
>Decided to check out the video/stream against my better judgement
>They are using the English dub
>>
>played Ace Combat 5 recently
>entire cast of Cowboy Bebop shows up

Steve Blum and gang were in every other dubbed PS2 game back then, but I really did quite like them.
>>
File: 1494520889255.gif (955KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494520889255.gif
955KB, 800x500px
>>382522315
gr8 argument m8
>>
>>382522318
Was Kojima even aware this guy existed?
>>
>>382522139
Because the corporations are the ones making the products we enjoy. The individual replaceable cogs in the machine are irrelevant to the end product that we want
>>
>>382517283
so does this mean that youtube "voice actors" will be used now?
>>
>>382519806
And yuri lowenthal
>>
>>382522318
I'm sorry that Kojima didn't drop him sooner.
>>
>>382518882
There are plant of good non-union VAs.
>>
File: 04b.jpg (61KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
04b.jpg
61KB, 400x600px
I cant believe how angry I am right now....
They are not even doing real jobs....
Flipping patties is a real job....
fucking elitist voice actors.....
>>
>>382522318
hayter is absolutely awful in 4, its actually jarring compared to everyone else. 3 is fairly bad too.
>>
>>382522280
>I'm still kind of baffled that SE has the integrity to only use the Ivalice name when Matsuno is working on a project.

You see this a lot with Japanese devs, actually. Like how no one else wanted to touch Suikoden 1-2-3's story after the original creator left and did their own thin in 4 and 5. They must have a creative clause in the contracts or something about it.
>>
>anti-dub faggots
>he doesn't want to hear
>SUPER BATTLE DROID TAKE'EM DOWN
>WALK SOFTLY, AND CARRY A BIG GUN
>I CLAIM THIS SITE IN LUNARIONS NAME
>NEED A LIGHT?
>NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE
>HEY YOU
>A DUD?
unionfags being retarded doesn't make all other dubs null of value
>>
>>382522097
It's Kira Buckland, aka Meryl from Metal Gear Awesome
>>
File: 1401584683975.gif (170KB, 200x221px) Image search: [Google]
1401584683975.gif
170KB, 200x221px
>>382522357
barely
>>
>>382522395
t. VAfaggot

go BACK to hollywood you insipid cunt
>>
>>382522136
>Hayter of all examples

He's one of the most egotistical of them all. Just about everyone here remembers all those interviews he did about not being hired again for MGSV. Let's not even get started on his twitter rants.
>>
File: sadness.gif (1MB, 702x600px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.gif
1MB, 702x600px
>>382522368
>>382522368
>>382522368
>>382522368
>>382522368
well, welcome to the cyberpunk future /v/
>>
>>382522153
>nintendo not on the list
I assumed that the VA in Zelda was due to the strike, guess Nintendo just didn't give a fuck when they were hiring.

Revali and Daruk were okay.
>>
>>382522357
Of course he was.
That's why he replaced him.
>>
File: keikaku.jpg (26KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
keikaku.jpg
26KB, 640x477px
>>382521848
I still watch anime dubbed the first time through because I want to look at the animation without being distracted by subtitles.

The only way to actually get the authentic experience is to speak Japanese because with subtitles you have no idea what inflection is being used on each word. It's just random chattering sounds that don't mean anything. A dub may offer an inferior experience to what the Japanese audience would have gotten, but it is pretty often closer to an English equivalent than subtitles because Japanese viewers don't have the barrier of reading between them and watching the animation.

Subtitles are and always will be the "it's better than nothing" option unless the dub is ear-piercingly bad. The culture of thinking that subtitles are better than a dub is what led us down the path of manga being released half-untranslated because fanboys got jobs in the industry and have the mindset of "this is a Japanese word that any REAL otaku should know anyway, so I'm not changing it."
>>
>>382522326
>ever being tempted
you are no better.
>>
>>382522297
yea sitting at a desk all day so hard right
>>
>>382522405
What's some girl from an Egoraptor cartoon got to do with ponies?
>>
File: 10866?region=US&size=952x536.jpg (60KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
10866?region=US&size=952x536.jpg
60KB, 952x536px
ITT: We post good english dubbed anime / vidya characters
>>
>>382522403
>dub
>for games where english is the original language
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>382522368
What really cutting cynicism there
You must feel really smart for knowing this
>>
>>382522285
Literally negotiate your own raise.
What is the worst thing that could happen? Your supervisor says no? You have to quit and find a higher paying job? Oh the agony.
>>
>>382522395
Joke's on you. I haven't had a job in 8 years.
>>
File: 14.jpg (190KB, 601x667px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
190KB, 601x667px
>>382522440
>Nintendo
>giving a fuck
>>
>>382520640
He doesn't fuck her though.
>>
>>382522403
Do you know what a dub is?
>>
>>382522405
What the fuck does that have to do with Rule 15 or My Little Pony and who would give a shit even if it did?
>>
>>382522432
Or his failed movie.
>>
>>382522285
keep crying marxcuck
>>
>>382522069
Follow the chain of replies

The strike is demanding pay for each sale of the game
>>
>>382522374
It's kinda sweet for them if that happens. They get to feel good that their youtube skits have merit now that they can break into the industry and work on other projects.

There's going to be more voices for people to choose from and we won't hear the same voice over and over again.
>>
File: 1420728736249.png (5KB, 255x211px) Image search: [Google]
1420728736249.png
5KB, 255x211px
>Thread is about VIDEOGAME VOICE ACTORS
>/a/utists shit it up talking about anime and japanese horseshit

Worse than /pol/
>>
>>382522440
>Daruk
No.
>>
>>382522183
That is the exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>382522161
I don't, because if I did I wouldn't have time for anything else. When I do play an RPG I want a fully featured and immersive experience, not something half assed and low budget feeling.
>>
How long have they been striking? Feels like 1 or 2 years already, if you need to strike that long and no one even cares you probably should stop striking.
>>
>>382522318
>Play MGS for the first time
>think "god this actor is horrible and cheesy as shit, is he holding his nose while voicing him?"
>it doesn't change or get any better with each installment
>>
File: 1489659735520.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1489659735520.png
157KB, 516x440px
>>382522457
>平成29年
>また日本語が分からん
>>
>>382522468
>>382522505
Literally nothing, it's just the first picture when you Kira Buckland is her in cosplay.

I'm this anon by the way >>382521515
>>
>>382522054
Then you've probably never played a good RPG.
>>
>>382519806
>sick of Phil Lamarr

Fuck outta here with this bullshit, the man is a legend.
>>
>>382522532

nice reddit image you fucking faggot
>>
>>382522532
it's the same union, anon
>>
>>382522440
I believe that Nintendo often goes non-union for their projects anyway, so the strike would not affect them much.
>>
>>382522532
but muh cute jap va
>>
>>382522556
Video games take so long time to develop that you probably need to strike atleast the duration of one whole development to make it feel
>>
>>382522435
>>382522472
>muh workers rights
If you wanted to get paid more then do something worthwhile. Asking for royalties when you've contributed 0.1% to the game's content and production time is retarded
>>
>>382519806
>implying you can notice nolan if he wants to
guy has insane range
>>
>>382522559
You didn't think that, you lying contrarian piece of shit.
>>
>>382517283
Excellent
Fuck those faggots
>>
>>382522651
You first have to prove what they do is not worthwhile already
>>
>>382522470
yeah SAC actually had a pretty damn good dub
too bad the new anime will have none of the returning actors and won't be a continuation
>>
File: David-Hayter.jpg (321KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
David-Hayter.jpg
321KB, 1152x864px
There are people who actually think the performance David Hayter gave with Solid Snake and Big Boss takes "no talent" and that it is not even a hard job.

Laughable.
>>
>>382522690
Stop shitposting on /v/ at 4 AM hayter, no one cares that you've lost control of your life
>>
File: cool.gif (999KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
cool.gif
999KB, 500x230px
>VA doesn't matter, they add nothing to the game, they're not worth a dime
>I'm upset enough about them striking that I'm posting angry replies on an anonymous message board
This thread confuses me greatly.
>>
>>382522561
>また

Nice spelling mistake bro.
>>
>>382522706
nice edge kids
>>
>>382520938
Cassandra Lee Morris does it well enough too. She's also short as fuck, mega qt
>>
File: niggas plz.jpg (25KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
niggas plz.jpg
25KB, 500x333px
>There are people ITT who genuinely believe that they will never hear an actor they loathe ever again
>>
>>382522751
We're mostly making fun of them
>>
>>382522738
go cry more David, what a gay
>>
>>382522738
Don't you have a pillow you should be crying into, David?
>>
It's not like there's a shortage of non-union voice actors. I don't see why they think the strike will have any bite.
>>
These people can't even emote properly.

>>382522714
Most people who play games don't even know there is a strike.
>>
>>382522714
Some video games come with a mute voices option.
>>
>>382522136
jap voice actors are actually workhorses and dont get paid shit. Their level of fame is also pretty equal or less than murrican VAs.

How do you think they can afford 1000000 VAs for gundam games and such?
>>
>>382522738
Fucking Egoraptor can do it please don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>382522751
>anyone in this thread
>upset

Only you kiddo.
>>
File: DavidHayterMotionCapture.jpg (80KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
DavidHayterMotionCapture.jpg
80KB, 600x800px
>Japanese voice actor
>OMG CELEBRITY WITH HUGE SALARY AND RESPECTED AND FAMOUS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE TALENT FOR SAYING "I LOVE YOUR PANTIES ONII CHAN" REALLY WELL

>English voice actor
>talentless hack lmao easily replaced lmao get a real job
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 450x330px
>>382522651
What's not worthwhile about what they do? They're providing voice acting, which is something gamers like and respond to, and which helps sells games. Fuck, you can't spend more than an hour on /v/ without some thread shitting on games like Morrowind because they can't be bothered to 'read all that damn text.'

I mean, why the fuck does modeling matter in a game? Squares would be good enough, so long as you're told what each square is. Or maybe we don't need netcode programmers? It's not essential to the game to have multiplayer. Perhaps project designers are just completely worthless? I mean, have they ever typed code in their lives?
>>
>>382522751
So you're not upset with them taking a bigger cut of a limited budget for developing a video game? You know, that same budget that's shared between the other employees working on a video game?
>>
>>382522840
Irrelevant to the impact of quality of VAs in games
>>
>>382522795
It looks like we're mostly being incredibly butthurt that anyone would ever try to get paid more.
>>
File: 1474343090659.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474343090659.png
133KB, 873x623px
>>382522840
like im going to take some neet opinion
>>
>>382522779
>Cassandra Lee Morris
Just googled her, anon. Thanks. Now I have some fap material.
>>
>>382522893
4chan is full of weeaboos, big surprise.
>>
>>382522714
If they were worthwhile they'd be out of the union still getting work like anyone relevant is already doing. If the union fags really want to not do any work this badly they can continue doing so, they'll feel the impact in a few years.
>>
>>382518882
Or they could, you know, resort to text boxes instead and save some money. Responding negatively to this suggestion will expose your age to me instantly.
>>
File: 1482255988574.jpg (50KB, 478x443px) Image search: [Google]
1482255988574.jpg
50KB, 478x443px
>>382522907
I'm upset that most of those returns are going to people that had _nothing_ to do with making the game, like the publishers and marketers. Why are we bothering with tearing down those that contributed to the product and not more upset that Ubisoft and EA take 60%, 70%, 80% cuts?
>>
>>382522893
Sutherland did a better job as BB than Hayter did and he's mad as fuck.
>>
>>382522706
Thanks friendo!
>>
>>382522017
Johnny Young Bosch is one of the most prevalent VAs in the industry. How is he a literal who?
>>
>>382521958
>My job has value
>Someone else can do it for less hassle/cost
>Get mad when someone beats me in the free market
How about this, they unionize and then get replaced and have to come back to get paid less because their literally is nothing special about voice actors in vidya.
>>
Can someone explain why we're still hearing fucking Yuri Lowenthal if there's a supposed union strike? Is he not union?
>>
>>382518882
>implying the voice acting was good in the first place
>>
>>382523056
>t. has never done any creative or intellectual work in their life
>>
File: 1498399084517.jpg (54KB, 242x379px) Image search: [Google]
1498399084517.jpg
54KB, 242x379px
>>382522893
>japanese VA
>Actually have a voice range
>western VA's
>What is a voice range?
>>
>>382520893
Why did you post FF12 instead of Legacy of Kain
>>
>>382523001
>Why are we bothering with tearing down those that contributed to the product and not more upset that Ubisoft and EA take 60%, 70%, 80% cuts?

Who do you think funds the studio during game development, anon? That's the role of a publisher.
>>
>>382522318
they should have got someone else to do naked snake part on 3.
>>
>>382521848
I don't watch too many comedy animes, but I watched Dragon maid with my friend, and the english dub was really good. It's just slightly funnier with the delivery if you can understand the jokes, or hear a loli call someone a cuckold as opposed to reading it.
>>
In a completely unrelated note, since when do threads with 300+ replies get bumped?
>>
>>382523045
I got tired of JYB from his shitty anime performances. They were early in his career, but they weren't great.
>>
>less money going towards pretentious voice actors and more going towards good gameplay (at least assuming a competent developer)

I can only see this as a positive. The last time I ever considered voice acting a net gain for a game was in something like TF2 where voice commands played a hand in how online games played out, like how you can tell that there's gonna be a sticky trap behind a corner if you hear drunken slurring.
>>
>>382518831
So damn true. Animes are extremely predictable with their VAs. There is not much range at all. Once in awhile there is a good VA, but not often
>>
File: 1497891318261.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1497891318261.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>382523138
Yep, keep sucking their dicks Anon. You'll surely be a millionaire soon!
>>
>>382520893
The Souls series also has mostly theatre actors, they are no names but all the voices are perfect since they get proper talent.
>>
File: 1484016040772.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484016040772.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>382523128
weebs think this holy shit what are they going to do cute voice 5
>>
>>382523128
>no no no prease undastan dees moe girl sounds so diffran than tha othar moe girl
>>
File: 1483013884935.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1483013884935.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>post yfw no more Ashly Burch's weak acting and no range
>>
>>382523113
If they can't be easily replaced then their strike will work so there is no problem now is there?

The value of your labor is determined by the free market and a strike tests that value.

Also their job is a joke.
>>
>>382523059
He probably uses a pseudonym when he's doing work that's non-union.
>>
>>382523164
That was changed years ago anon. How have you not noticed?
>>
File: 1488331053773.jpg (37KB, 544x486px) Image search: [Google]
1488331053773.jpg
37KB, 544x486px
>company hires talented VAs for english release
>they do a good job
>game sells really well because of the well acted VA work
>game makes $millions
>VA: Um hey I did a good job can I maybe get a little bit more pay?
>Companies: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TALENTLESS EASILY REPLACED YOU DON'T MATTER, FUCKING SIGN THE CONTRACT
>VA: Yeah I think I'll try strike for more pay
>Companies: Fuck it, we won't bother with western release / we will hire literally indians

Whys the world gotta be so shit?
>>
>>382523164
Since 2011 or 2012, big boards had their bumplimit increased to 500, smaller boards still have 300.
>>
>>382523056
>My job has value
This is what's up for debate.

The VAs believe their jobs have more value than the developers do. They believe voice acting is an important part of video games.

And it's not.
>>
>>382522532
Yes comparing how a different country handles the same profession is just crazy
>>
>>382518831
Probably the same reason why we hear the same voice over and over again.

People get typecasted into their one big voice role. Look at Steve Blum playing Steve Blum.
>>
File: writing.jpg (997KB, 1794x810px) Image search: [Google]
writing.jpg
997KB, 1794x810px
>>
>>382522893
I wouldn't call them celebrities. Only the really big ones are like that and mostly because they are also idols. While Japanese VAs are more celebrated as a whole they aren't viewed anyway as important as most seem to believe.
>>
File: 1476282300884.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476282300884.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>382523250
>>game sells really well because of the well acted VA work
Ohh that's some good bait
>>
>>382523183
You're fucking high if you think a single red cent of money saved on not having voice acting is going anywhere but straight into the publisher's pocket. Or worse, will probably be spent on even more goddamn marketing.
>>
>>382518882
Voice acting already fucking sucks in games and is lightyears behind animated movies. Disney doesnt hire video game voice actors because they are garbage, they audition for talent and find it in places you wouldnt expect. The video ame industry needs fresh voices.
>>
>>382523249

I stopped paying close attention.

>>382523273

Ah.
>>
>>382523250
High paid VA's are literal cancer. They drive costs up for little to no value
>>
>>382523284
>The VAs believe their jobs have more value than the developers do.
Uh, no they don't?
They're striking because they want more money.
Not because they want more money than the devs.
Nothing is stopping devs from striking.
>>
>>382522432
But wasn't he in fact screwed by the devs and his only fault in the entire drama was that he overreacted to it?
>>
File: hello it's me the head.jpg (22KB, 128x104px) Image search: [Google]
hello it's me the head.jpg
22KB, 128x104px
>tfw even the most low rent stage actors/tv actors deliver better performances in games than 99.99999% of professional western game/cartoon VAs
>>
>>382523301
>saerileth
fuck right off, lad
>>
Funny how "progressive" these companies claim to be but a raise is a bridge too far.
>>
>>382523223
Masako Nozawa
>>
>>382523340
>Disney doesnt hire video game voice actors because they are garbage
if you think this you are retarded
>>
I don't see how this can be anything but a positive, I get to hear different people for once, hooray!
>>
>>382523250
>VAs
>talented
In what timeline?
>>
>>382523301
>Correlation == causation
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>382522906
Video games started without and thrived without voice acting for a very long time. The general demographic for video games might have changed since then, but nobody would notice or care if you hired some youtube VA instead of Ashly Burch to do a role.

Convenient that you used a TES example, since Skyrim has like 8 VAs doing 100 characters each, and none of them are particularly good or memorable. But most people do not give a fuck and still play the game. Normalfags didn't drop Skyrim because it had lazy voice acting, because they don't give a shit.
>>
>>382523250

That has never ever happened in this history of gaming
>>
File: 1496099984260.jpg (39KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
1496099984260.jpg
39KB, 800x741px
>>382523250
this is what the voice actors guild believes
>>
>>382523214
That Anon just stated a fact; didn't say it's good or anything.
>>
>>382523369

enjoy dubs like this then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZhJLfVwmsg
>>
>>382522738
I liked him in MGS1 and 2. He shouldn't have ever played Big Boss though and he didn't do a great job in 4 though I'm inclined to blame the godawful script on that one.

I would have liked to see Hayter get a cameo as young solid snake in MGSV but there was no chance of that since the game was nowhere near finished.
>>
The union is playing the voice actors for suckers here.

What will happen if they get their way and pay increases drastically? All their members will be replaced by professionals of a higher grade (b grade hollywood actors etc), the union gets new members and the people who were involved in the strike will get no work.

How fucking stupid are these people, also nobody buys a game because "literally who" did the voice work. Usually nobody even knows till many months later who did what anyway.

If you force the companies to pay a lot more for VA, they will take names that can actually help sell games to recoup that extra cost and you'll all be shit out of luck.

Great example being the last metal gear solid game.
>>
>>382522714
In my personal experience at least, only like 1/4~1/5 of the games had some nice voice acting, and this was for 1/30 characters in the game.

And ususually this rare exepctions were not the main ones.

In addittion, most of these games didn't have a budget so big, so I'm inclined to belive it's actors also didn't have such a big budget.

(not to mention some mods that have decent voice acting that was done by non-professionals. almost without any decent equipment, for free. Like Recorder from Skyrim).
>>
>>382523250

If they didn't want Indians taking their jobs they shouldn't have given them up.
>>
>>382523379
you have any facts about this bud
>>
>>382523128
Funny how most seiyus usually do the same kind of character archetype for 80-90% of the time.
>>
>>382523372
He didn't get "screwed". He didn't get fired. He wasn't contracted to do MGSV.
They hired someone else to do the voice for the game and he went and cried about it.
He cried about it for, what, years?
A gig is a gig. A professional would've moved on, he didn't.
>>
>>382523245
Look Anon, there was a time where employees were literally replaceable cogs with no skills. They were treated as such, and regularly got ill or died on the job because of the work they were forced to do. Eventually, they realized that by virtue of the demand that there was for their product they were worth more than what the companies treated them as, and organized into large groups to try and wield some semblance of power to correct an injustice against them. These were known as labor unions, and while they weren't always effective nor were they always 'right,' the fact that labor was able to organize and demand fair treatment despite the fact that there were literally hundreds of thousands of other Joes that could do their work made it better for everyone - including those that could replace them.

The world you enjoy today, the world that gives you any opportunity to be educated, to have fair compensation, and to even have any government benefits came out of just wages for fair work.
>>
>>382523379
Many VAs in the cartoon/video game industry started as staffers. Which is why many of these people obviously have no talent, because they were led to believe they did since they needed roles to be filled for cheap.
>>
File: 1447183482248.png (98KB, 461x345px) Image search: [Google]
1447183482248.png
98KB, 461x345px
>>382523128
>japanese VA
Think before you post.
>>
>VAs (people who probably contribute the least to actually making a game) are going on strike and demanding to be paid more
>When programmers, artists, and writers get shit pay, constant crunch time, and absolutely no recognition

Methinks the wrong people are on strike.
>>
>>382523250
That's literally how contracts work. And only about 25% of the VA industry is union work.
>>
>>382523250
Troy Baker's name doesn't drive up video game sales
>>
Didn't they like agree to everything but sharing of profits? I created art for the game, why don't I get a share? I did coding for the game, why don't I get a share? I make music for the game, why don't I get a share? I went out and got pizzas late nights, I made sure the office was in order, i picked up calls and diverted them to people, I cleaned up after meeting room lunches, why don't I get a share etc etc etc etc

Did I miss something?
>>
File: 1440633510737.gif (1MB, 368x270px) Image search: [Google]
1440633510737.gif
1MB, 368x270px
Honestly I like all the literally who VAs getting time doing cool shit, whether they were older VAs who never made it big or new blood.
I feel like english voice work in vidya has freshened up since the VA tension started, and it's nice not hearing the same few voices in everything.
>>
>>382523514
You don't know what you're talking about. The VA who voices Kirby also voices Sectonia ffs
>>
>>382523536
you know if thew where not little pussy they will do it too
>>
>>382517283
Westwood studios didn't need any voice actors, but they made games with good gameplay.

Gameplay>voiceacting anytime
>>
>>382517283

Good riddance. You aren't making a very positive argument.
>>
File: 1498015894241.jpg (278KB, 1219x1769px) Image search: [Google]
1498015894241.jpg
278KB, 1219x1769px
>>382523572
>implying hose people shouldn't get a part of the revenue
>>
>>382523372
Personally I don't think Kojima liked him very much and Hayter always talked himself up regarding his involvement in the games. He would constantly do PR interviews about voicing Snake and he ended up creating several negative PR after not being hired again for MGSV.
>>
Fuck voice over, I've never played a single game that has been improved because of voice work. Why in the flying fuck would I want resources to be diverted from the actual game to go towards voices that don't make the game any more fun?
>>
>>382522893
>Japanese people like different things and have different priorities than western people
no shit, seiyuu can become real celebrities because their demographics actually like and care for them. nobody gives a shit about Ashly Burch because no one in the west gives a shit about voice acting to the same degree japs do
>>
>>382517283
>>382523250

No one cares, if you mainly play games for the voice acting then why not listen to radio shows, watch TV shows, animation film instead?

Voice acting is just one piece of the overall sound direction which is only one part of a game. It's ridiculous the number of VAs that think they're bigshots for voicing a character in a game when really they contribute only part of a fraction of a fraction towards the overall game.
>>
>>382523225
I would mostly agree with you, however there is a handful of VAs that are actually recognizable, like Rie Kugimiya.
>>
>>382523331
Thus why I said "in the hands of a competent developer." I know it's a rarity, but there's gotta be even one dev out there who would pass the savings to the customer.
>>
>>382520772
>He even called out the guy he replaced in Silent Hill because he wanted residuals.
You're retarded because that was just a Konami lie because they didn't have contracts with the original VA's to use their voices in the remakes.

The original VAs didn't even know about the remake in the first place.

Also, Troy Baker is a little bitch that just so happens to have a good voice.
>>
>>382522224
There's nothing unfair about it. Hardly anyone gets paid for every sale of something they worked on unless they were the ones funding and designing it from the start.
>>
>>382523514
name one JP VA as bad as fucking yuri lowenthall in terms of having no range who gets just as much work as him
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiQ9kdPLXJw
>>
>>382522471
>>382522504
I'm fucking sorry, anons, but here in my country giving a voice to any animation/game, on a national media or not, is called "dubbing"
bit yeah, different countries
>>
>>382523461
That's generally just a result of casting than inability. It sucks that there's a ton of female seiyuu who can do these god tier deep, sexy woman voices but they only get cast as teenage boys or squeaky voiced girls.
>>
>>382523223
>>382523514
>japanese voice actors
>no voice range
Choose one and only one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrExg4WqMHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlIcaYZQ9c&t=1h13m58s (The robot)

>>382523461
They do, but on the rare occasion they don't they really surprise you what kind of fucking voice range they have
>>
>>382523536
Code monkeys know they are expendable, which is why they can't go on strike

>>382523574
Xander Mobus and Sean "Coldsteel Furry" Chiplock are 2 of my favorite literal whos since the voice actor strike started
>>
I think most people would agree that good VA should get paid more, the problem is what union is asking for over the top and turned everyone against them.

VA are fluff, nobody buys a game because of good VA work, they'll complain if it's shit but it doesn't sell copies.
>>
>>382523001
>impyling devs get any cut at all
They're salaried workers, they don't get paid royalties. They should, but with games costing as much as they do to develop, you need a lot of start up cash and that means they get to demand all the profits in return for funding the game.

You want better conditions? Convince Notch to fund some AAA games where he only takes a percentage instead of the whole pie. Creating a new paradigm and having all the talented devs flock towards it is the only way to actually accomplish anything.
>>
>>382523487
Free market expects unions as its a way to keep the balance of production again them striking just tests if they are worth what they claim they are worth. If they are then they will succeed and if not then they will fail and most likely have to work for even less because they opened up a place for lesser known non-unioned people to fill some of their spots.

People are retarded when they think that Unions are always a net postive. Unions are only positive when they succeed any other time they are a massive downgrade in the quality of life for most employees.
>>
>>382523487
But not all industries need unions. Not all unions are actually for the workers. Which is one of the main reasons that led to the downfall of unions as a whole.
>>
File: 1497507888353.png (167KB, 909x791px) Image search: [Google]
1497507888353.png
167KB, 909x791px
>>382523465
That's a shame. Does he get VA jobs elsewhere nowadays?
>>
>>382523536
>implying any dev studio would ever let their employees even think about organizing
Lmao
But obviously speaking, the value of their labor for the average code monkey isnt very high considering how easily replaceable it is, I mean considering how many young people nowadays applying to be game devs
>>
File: 1477195205857.jpg (202KB, 1039x930px) Image search: [Google]
1477195205857.jpg
202KB, 1039x930px
>>382523680
Am I Supposed to Be Impressed
>>
>>382523214
nice, completely btfo, so you just belittle the anon, sasuga.
>>
File: 1476896337951.png (21KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1476896337951.png
21KB, 207x239px
>>382523732
>any other time they are a massive downgrade in the quality of life for most employees.
>>
>>382522906
Lack of voice acting is not the main problem with morrowind. If it didn't had wikipedia-dialog it would be much more redable for instance.

People in general don't say this about Planescape: Torment (ok, fine, it had some voice acting, but was mostly just text).
>>
>All my favorite VAs are still doing shit

Glad I don't care about the critical role hugbox group
>>
>>382523694
You're right. Aside from the residuals I agree with the strike. God knows how many games were ruined by bad voice direction
>>
>>382523805
What little va it had was some of the worst in video game history. I still have nightmares about the scottish girl.
>>
>>382519852
I thought it was fine, didn't even care if 2B was black, she sounded like she needed to.
>>
File: hee.png (18KB, 360x307px) Image search: [Google]
hee.png
18KB, 360x307px
>>382523250
>>game sells really well because of the well acted VA work
>>
>>382522318
metal gear is shit and it is the progenitor of all the cancer movie games with revengeance being the only half decent thing to come out of it
>>
>>382523250
>we will hire literally indians
Don't say shit like that, it's bad enough we have to deal with them over customer support lines
>>
>>382523250
literally has never ever happened. if that were the case then they'd hire real celebrities and actors to do voice roles exclusively
>>
File: 1388533953635.png (572KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1388533953635.png
572KB, 1024x768px
>>382523785
>same VA
>capable of a voice range that might as well be two different people voicing two different characters
>"jap va's have no voice range"
Behold a man with no arguments.
>>
>>382523765
Of course.
He was one of Bloodstained's stretch goals.
Not that it matters since another stretch goal was dual audio options, so I'll be playing with the Japanese dub on.
>>
>>382521958
if you earn that much you're probably worthless and don't deserve more
>>
>>382523536
>VAs go on strike
>Companies don't care because there's always new blood willing to replace them

>Programmers, artists, writers go on strike
>Games aren't actually made at all, companies will probably panic and give in to demands

Just think, if these people actually went on strike, the game industry would actually become a better place.

Instead, we have some whiny cunts who can just get a higher pay via voicing things like ads complaining about how they get shit pay in video game VA.
>>
>>382520457
Well, to be fair, war has changed.
>>
>>382523428
dubbed anime voice actors are unionized, you're not helping make your case.
>>
>>382523830
No, they're wrong. Direction is just the tip of the iceberg. In Japan they go through several years of high level education specifically tailored for voice acting work, are these numbnuts going to do the same? Hardly. It's much easier to point your fingers at someone else.
>>
File: 1218405236868.gif (25KB, 241x240px) Image search: [Google]
1218405236868.gif
25KB, 241x240px
>>382523805
Literally on Steam no less:
>This game is NOT for you if you: - do not like to read long descriptions
>Lastly, it has a LOT of reading and SLOW game play, more than ANY other AD&D game (Pools of Radiance, Curse of Azure Bonds, etc etc).
> It is the story that makes PT:EE famous, and true to the tradition of the CRPG format, there is lots and lots and LOTS of reading.
Try again, familam.
>>
Old men are better at voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00efdE5CD7A
>>
>>382518103
>This is very good news for everyone but the small cabal of union voice actors trying to get a tighter stranglehold of an industry they're entirely out of touch with. Good riddance. I look forward to the influx of new talent.

This.
>>
>>382517283
Most games don't even need any voice acting imo.
>>
>>382523370
>nothing is stopping the devs from striking
well, except the fact that they probably actually want and need the work. if they went on strike they'd stop getting paychecks at all
>>
>>382517283
Fuck the voice actors and everyone who gives them any money. All that cash should go into fucking gameplay that's actually worth a damn and not wasted towards half-assed entertainment garbage.
>>
File: suicide-gun1.jpg (73KB, 426x282px)
suicide-gun1.jpg
73KB, 426x282px
>tfw you find out a game with no dual audio had a god tier japanese cast with some of your favourite vas that would have fit the characters 10000x better than the english cast
>>
>>382523819
>having favourite video game VAs
>>
File: 1476427562281.jpg (11KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476427562281.jpg
11KB, 320x232px
>>382523871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmQqGU5-2cw
>>
File: 1337496261287.jpg (67KB, 387x299px) Image search: [Google]
1337496261287.jpg
67KB, 387x299px
>>382523910
>Elder God VA's died
This is what happens when your stupid ass waits a gorillion years for a sequel.
>>
>>382523910
Those guys were actual stage actors.
>>
>i am an actor
>a voice actor
>i am entitled to a steady paycheck
who in their right mind thinks this?
>>
>>382517283
good, i hope these fuckers end up sucking nigger dick to pay rent. They are useless and add nothing.
>>
File: IMG_4452.jpg (25KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4452.jpg
25KB, 210x240px
>>382523514
>voice of OoT Adult Link, BlackWarGreymon, Joe Higashi, Mr. 3 (Galdino), Hiei, Ikkaku Madarame, and Demitri Maximoff
>>
>>382523452
the dark souls series is entirely voiced by stage actors.
>>
>>382523960
>if they went on strike they'd stop getting paychecks at all
They can make their own games.
Crowdfunding has more than opened the door for them.
>>
>>382523971
DC Douglas is a goddamn national treasure, eat shit.
>>
>>382523794
Unions create a scenerio in which employees who are actually shit can't get fired. This decreases productivity and employee satisfaction. Lower productivity also comes from the fact that there is less fear in losing your job if you don't perform. Less productivity means less revenues which means less jobs which means less people employed.

Unions are great when there is an actual strong divide between the power of the company and the worker. Most things now a days aren't like that.

Also, Unions keep wages high which keeps companies from being competitive with non-unionized companies in situation.

Kroger has a union. It does literally nothing to help anyone but the absolutely bottom tier people and costs the actually worker thousands of dollars.
>>
>>382523616
I never was? Hell, as far as I am concerned, animators and coders should get more money than writers and voice actors.
>>
>Western voice actors just drop off of the face of the planet
>Leaving everything to be done by superior Japanese and European dubs with English subs

I want this strike to go on forever now.
>>
>>382524002
so nothing
>>
>>382523979
A steady paycheck's fine if they work consistently. The problem is that they think they should be paid more for doing a terrible job providing a service nobody wants.
>>
File: 1372001364865.png (90KB, 179x257px) Image search: [Google]
1372001364865.png
90KB, 179x257px
>>382523860
>>game is remembered fondly years past its release for wanting quality in its production values
>>
>>382523487
>They were treated as such, and regularly got ill or died on the job because of the work they were forced to do.

See, I'm going to stop you right there, because you're a fucking nut and at this point I'm convinced you're shitposting.

Being a VA is not like slave labor in a concentration camp. Stop talking like they are getting abused and mistreated. They literally just talk. Their job is talking into a microphone. The VA union says that they should be paid more for their work...okay, cool. Their little strike will test the true value of their profession. If game devs are shitting themselves for quality VAs then they'll get rehired and with a pay raise. If not they'll get replaced and forgotten. I don't see the problem with this. They are not entitled to more money, if they don't like their pay/conditions they can just quit, or try to get a raise, which is what they're doing now.

It's very likely that this won't get them anywhere though. And they took that risk.
>>
>>382523887
Anon, I dont think you realize.
The general atmosphere for programmers and game designers in the work place now is 1870-tier. Anyone and everyone is discouraged by anyone and everyone from organizing.
No one wants to lose their easily-replacable job because some chucklefuck thought to organize.
>>
>>382523997
I heard his voice in a hentai anime once
>>
>>382523910
https://youtu.be/KAds4kH7QDE
>>
I didn't know Americans were allowed to go on strike. Don't they usually settle work-related disputes by bringing a gun to work and shoot everyone?
>>
>>382523250
>not gameplay, animation, music, optimization, art direction
>>
>>382523871
I dont give a fuck, fuck you and fuck all you weebs. get the F*CK off my board
>>
>>382523686
>chiplock is Mishima, Revali, and Navarre.
Well okay then
>>
>>382524031
Literally none of this is true beyond you just spewing shit out of your mouth. Name one, _just one_ company that is not competitive because it has a unionized workforce. Hell, Kroger is literally one of the largest supermarket chains and distributors ON EARTH, and it's posted steady growth for decades.
>>
>>382521848
Even then, it's almost entirely due to the strength of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as the major, the rest is just passable.
>>
>>382524006
>Just go do kickstarter scams that works for everyone
Almost every successful crowdfunded game wasnt fully crowdfunded on top of that.
>>
>>382523664
Wakamoto.
>>
File: yep.gif (469KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
yep.gif
469KB, 300x225px
>>382524127
>>
>>382524171
You do the research for that, bud?
>>
File: 1498520488071.jpg (40KB, 482x340px) Image search: [Google]
1498520488071.jpg
40KB, 482x340px
>>382523778
>replacing people on a software project
You're an idiot if you think you can just fire anyone on any sort of software project and replace them with someone else (especially someone who doesn't have experience in the field) and keep going as if nothing happened.
>>
>>382523972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dDYnqUZ8E
>>
>>382524051
I'd rather not. I don't think we need more CHEEKI BREEKI or ANTA BAKA.
>>
Good riddance, I'm sick of American VAs, especially after Fire Emblem Fates.

>VA chosen to voice the main heroine of the story
>VA is really mediocre
>People all say she's mediocre
>She goes crying on Reddit and other websites about how weebs bullied her and spends two whole years making some sort of weird cult around her where people constantly tell her how beautiful and talented she is
>>
>>382524147
Market shares aren't a zero sum game. If they were your assumption would be every unionized company above their non-unionized counterpart which isn't even true for Krogar so it still doesn't fit your criteria
>>
>>382524081
there's quite a bit of dialogue in each game with the npcs so yes there's quite a bit of something.
>>
does the faggot voicing dante part of this? MVCI dante sounds like a hot garbage
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (56KB, 700x506px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
56KB, 700x506px
>>382518882
If shit actors like Runka-chunk can get a role in major games then the industry is not very good.
>>
>>382524330
stop playing shit games
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 412x85px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 412x85px
>>382522738
>>
>>382524330
who you talking about?
>>
>>382524368
You couldn't convince Reuben Langdon to give up voicing Dante if you tried. The first thing you see when you step into his house is a Dante costume.
>>
>>382524092
I'm pretty damn sure that an entire progamming team leaving at once, even if they're code monkeys, would do way more damage to a company's bottom line than just a few VAs leaving their roles behind.

VAs are even easier to replace than codemonkeys. The main reason being that all that has to be done with a new VA is another recording session to replace lines. This takes maybe a few months at most for most VA roles.

If an entire programming team left, then the new codemonkeys hired on would have to start from a codebase they have absolutely no experience with, which would lead to multiple issues, multiple delays, and probably even a potential restart of the entire project from scratch. This would severely upset consumers, bringing down the reputation of the company even more. If it results in a product that is also sub par, their reputation goes down even more, and they stand to lose even more money.

Codemonkeys are disposable, yes, but there's no denying that a bunch of them leaving at once is bound to cause major issues.
>>
>>382524368
To be fair, everyone in that game sounds like garbage even though most retained their voice actor.
>>
File: 1465343524839.gif (493KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1465343524839.gif
493KB, 160x160px
>>382524086
Anon, the point isn't that VA work is akin to slave labor in a concentration camp (the Jews organized labor unions in Buchenwald?); the point is that most of this thread is just shitting on the concept of employees feeling like they are worth more than they are treated.

I frankly agree with you in a sense. We'll see what the outcome is and how valued they are. But I think it's fucking childish that people are beside themselves with grief because VAs are trying to better their lot.
>>
>>382518146
They also get proper training and there's even a Seiyuu school or something.
>>
>>382524330
>She goes crying on Reddit and other websites about how weebs bullied her and spends two whole years making some sort of weird cult around her where people constantly tell her how beautiful and talented she is

Share the story with us, friend.
>>
>>382524349
Great, glad to hear your argument was trash.
>>
>>382524447
then why MVCI dante sounds bad
>>
>>382523906
Yes, but this is on Steam, not /v/.
If you are going to include things like Steam or Youtube, there are people saying that after Mass Effect and Fallout 4 they just can't return to non-voice acted video-games, even if the dialog got much worse (in case of Fallout 4).

To these (retarded) people, I agree, voice acting is important. How much the quality of the voice acting is important for this people is another matter, however.
>>
>>382524267
Never really understood how this is surprising. Everyone and their mother can do 'ITSAME' and 'WAHOO'
>>
>>382524447
>You couldn't convince Reuben Langdon to give up voicing Dante if you tried.
You don't have to.
Just don't hire them again.
>>
>>382524368
The voice director of that game is shitty, or just the VAs already know that game is going down the gutter and didn't put much effort into it
>>
>>382524519
Couldn't tell you.
>>
File: 1460698554659.gif (1MB, 170x128px) Image search: [Google]
1460698554659.gif
1MB, 170x128px
>>382524530
>a niche shitposting site is more representative of people that buy games than Steam or Youtube
You're a fucking nutter if you seriously stand behind that even if I wish that were true.
>>
>>382524031
>Live in a state with federal min wage, $7.25
>Kroger starts at $7.45 back when I started a couple years ago
>All surrounding businesses (2 grocery stores, multiple fast food, strip mall) start at $9+ minimum
>Union finally tries to get them to raise wages to $9, pushing for holiday pay which we currently don't get
>After a month+ of shit they're finally done
>Starting wage is now $8, no pay bump for anyone at or above $8 already
>No holiday pay
Pretty shit tier desu. One of the lowest staffed stores in the district too. Glad I bailed when I did
>>
File: batman-sips-your-tears.jpg (52KB, 652x415px) Image search: [Google]
batman-sips-your-tears.jpg
52KB, 652x415px
>>382524554
yea lets not talk about the resat of the video
>>
>>382524461
I think most people are having that reaction because to the common person it's fairly obvious that this strike won't be successful for them. I have no problem with them trying but I don't think it was particularly smart, as well as many other people. The frustration probably comes from them thinking they're such hot shit when in reality their job is pretty easy and easy to do.
>>
>>382524461
Not that Anon, but while I agreee employees need better wages, the problem here is that budgets that directly go into game development are quite heavily stretched thin. If they're getting paid more, then the sacrifice will be in the developers, NOT the publisher since ultimately they hold the most amount of power, which this strike will barely touch at.
>>
>>382524439
>>382524482
Rena Strober, the VA for Azura.

She didn't even need to shill after a while, beta white knights started doing it for her. This is one of the worst, it's a LITERAL STICKY THREAD ON A FORUM after she started her shilling.

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/60787-rena-strober-appreciation-thread/
>>
>>382524575
Sure? But Capcom is on pretty decent terms with Langdon. That, and the last time they changed Dante at all didn't quite pan out for them.
>>
>>382517283
Good, better off using literally who that have a better spirit and understanding of what kind of character they played is better than cunts who just go shout nonsense because they didn't even know character they play as and expect to get paid for it.
>>
>>382524330
Sounds like the butthurt of the english 9S VA.

Minus cult, (yet)
>>
>>382519373
This is all such bullshit. It's a cultural thing, it has nothing to do with talent. Many video game VAs do work in other forms of entertainment, and the reason they don't work in mainstream films is because seeing Katy Perry voice a cartoon dog or whatever is expected to sell more tickets than literal who. Animated films used to use actual voice actors before Aladdin made a gajillion dollars.
>>
>>382524680
That's got nothing to do with it.
If they wanted a different VA they could hire a different VA.
>>
>>382524752
I haven't played Near Automato yet, what did that VA do?
>>
>>382524668
>Rena Strober appreciation thread

WEW that was enough for me.
>>
File: 1498248493318.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
1498248493318.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
Most people don't get how game creation works.

To use a builder analogy:

A game developer is a building company, the VA are sub contractors, the publisher is like the customer.

The customer (publisher) pays a builder (development house) to build them a small house and the builder (developer) pays a sub contractor (electrician) to put fancy lights in it.

The customer pays the builder for his work and now sells the house on for 5 times what he paid the builder to make it. The electrician is now asking for more money for his work because the house sold so well, something the builder doesn't even do.

This is how it works, the developers don't own these games they make. Bioware don't own any game they have ever made, the publishers are the owners of everything they have made and if they wanted to can hire a completely different developer to make sequels.

Bioware (or any dev) gets paid the same, no matter if a game is a flop or a success. They win either way, the publisher is the one taking the risk and reward.

As an example, Gearbox made all their money on Battleborn. The publisher lost a shit ton of money on that game and took the full weight of it's failure, Gearbox got paid for 5 years work to make it no matter if it flopped or succeeded.
>>
File: 1498236257253.jpg (155KB, 328x475px) Image search: [Google]
1498236257253.jpg
155KB, 328x475px
>>382523301
>that weapons grade fedora saerileth dialogue
>>
>>382524147
Kroger is huge because of the diversity of its interests. The Simply brand being a huge reason right now. I also worked from Kroger and can tell you numerous incidents where the union saved the job of someone who should have gotten fired. Majority of the time it was something clear cut like laziness or incompetence.
>>
>>382524821
He shitposted on twitter and got butthurt because he browsed 4chan threads because people in Nier:Automata threads said they liked the japanese one better.
>>
File: huh.gif (676KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
676KB, 220x258px
>>382524646
Not to keep spinning in cycles that were earlier in this thread, but why are we so beset by VAs asking for revenue sharing instead of focusing on the fact that programmers, modellers, etc aren't organizing to try and do the same? Sure, if VAs win they'll take a piece of that pie. Why not focus this anger on making the pie bigger to begin with, or like >>382524453 suggested? Why are we beating up on the first admittedly special snoflak3 nail instead of the hammer?
>>
>>382524031
It's funny that half the people who hate unions are in favor of sex / race quotas.
>>
>>382524921
see
>>382524516
>>
>>382524862
Yes, but see, VA's are special little snow flakes that totally deserve more money based on success because they give you their voice..........
>>
>>382524862
>As an example, Gearbox made all their money on Battleborn. The publisher lost a shit ton of money on that game and took the full weight of it's failure, Gearbox got paid for 5 years work to make it no matter if it flopped or succeeded.

I thought Randy said they are a private company. In one of those threads people mentioned he's married to someone whose family owns oil companies around the world so they're well off.
>>
>>382524590
I didn't say it was more representative.
I said that because of the comment "Fuck, you can't spend more than an hour on /v/ without some thread shitting on games like Morrowind because they can't be bothered to 'read all that damn text.' "

I was just talking about the problems of Morrowind on /v/, not the importance of voice-acting in general.

I very much agree that to most consumers, voice acting is important today. I however have my doubts about the importance of it's quality, and how hard is to replace the quality of these "top" professionals by other people.

>>382523445
>>
>>382524931
Kek, that is hilarious. I'm going to go look for those.
>>
>>382524862
>As an example, Gearbox made all their money on Battleborn. The publisher lost a shit ton of money on that game and took the full weight of it's failure, Gearbox got paid for 5 years work to make it no matter if it flopped or succeeded.

Gearbox published Battleborn.
>>
>>382524453
You have no idea how modern game development works btw, there are really no coders anymore. Everything is made with pre-created game engines (unreal, frostbite etc)
>>
>>382524949
>Sure, if VAs win they'll take a piece of that pie.

But they're not, so we don't have to worry about your hypotheticals
>>
>>382525023
The funniest thing was he ran to reddit and said they were much nicer and friendlier than 4chan.
>>
>>382524596
It's the thumbnail of the video.
>>
>>382525028
No, 2K published it
>>
>>382522401
It's a combination of the Japanese not wanting to "dishonor" another person's work and Japanese fans being more anal about their favorite series and more easily upset if you try to fuck with it.
>>
File: 1418019028489.png (354KB, 725x684px) Image search: [Google]
1418019028489.png
354KB, 725x684px
>>382525104
>the most inconsequential to the point of the post
what did he mean by this????
>>
>>382521660
This. I don't get it
>>
>>382524949
They're too replaceable to do anything with a strike. The best they can hope for is to be paid hourly instead of salary so they get overtime for those crunch hours.
>>
>>382524668
What the fuck.
>>
>>382524862
They published it themselves using money they stole from other projects they were contracted to do but your analogy works.
>>
File: 1210882431132.jpg (16KB, 285x365px) Image search: [Google]
1210882431132.jpg
16KB, 285x365px
>>382521660
>union coal miners are so poor all the time because the big mean mining company isn't paying them enough
>yet these miners can afford not to work for months, even years

Someone explain this to me.
>>
>>382525028
>>382525014
Take two are the publisher.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/08/battleborn-flopped-but-take-two-not-counting-it-out/

Randy put some extra money into the game because he thought it was gonna gang busters but he or his company don't own it.

The only reason take two are sticking with gearbox is because they are hoping Bl3 will make a lot of money to offset this loss.
>>
>>382525291
>coal miners
>shit pay
Coal Miners earn around 6000€ here
>>
>>382525108
>Check his twitter
>Some guy asks if programmers don't get residuals, why should VAs?
>9S's VA immediately bring up blacks and women and compare them to VAs
>Can't talk back at the risk of making yourself look like a bad guy that hates women and blacks

Fucking kek, what a victim complex the guy has.
>>
>>382525108
Strange, when I was in those threads before the waifuposting and hipsters overwhelmed it, people who played the dub said his performance was pretty decent.
>>
>>382525086
Unless you're using Unreal or Unity, chances are, the engine that a company is using is a custom made engine, maintained by the programmers who are working on it.

If they all suddenly leave, and the company assigns new people to maintain a codebase they have no idea about or experience with, shit is going to be flinged everywhere.

Also, most Western AAA developers are still using their own engines. No doubt that those who use public engines Unreal will fair a lot better, but the majority of the industry would be greatly affected if the people working on their custom engines suddenly all left to go on strike.
>>
>>382525110
watch the video guy its full of others
>>
>>382525028
You're missing the point. Please explain to me as to why VA's deserve more money if a game is successful or a part of the profits from the game?
>>
>>382525401
It only ever happened whenever jap vs. dub came out which wasn't that often.
>>
>>382525272
>>382525346
Nope, what happened was that Take two gave them a shit load of money to make Borderlands 2. They ran out of money (randy sucks at financials) and so they used money they got to make Aliens CM to finish Borderlands 2.
>>
File: 1242081815012.jpg (36KB, 720x477px) Image search: [Google]
1242081815012.jpg
36KB, 720x477px
>>382525352
And why the fuck do you think they even earn that much?
Also, who fucking reports a wage like that? Is that per year? Per life? Per second? What the fuck can you buy with a euro anyways?
>>
>>382525472
Obviously per month
>>
>>382525472
>What the fuck can you buy with a euro anyways?

An Islamic dildo to rip your ass open
>>
>>382525001
It's true. Kroger's primary successes are largely do the the performances of their main brands and subsidiaries. Which has made them a real powerhouse now but they weren't always. The union story is personal experience which you can't validate but if you look on Kroger's official employee forums you hear the same stories alot.
>>
>>382525409
The core custom engines are made via outside contractors, not in house teams.

I remember reading how Square Enix wanted to port one of their mmo titles to pc but the amount they were quoted to make a new game creation kit was too much.
Thread posts: 619
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.