[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I quit WoW?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

File: WoWScrnShot_070216_042723.jpg (127KB, 1004x558px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_070216_042723.jpg
127KB, 1004x558px
I fucking hate this game, and yet I still play it. I am in a mythic guild, and I can't enjoy raid night anymore. Every mechanic in the game is recycled from somewhere at this point. I love me some arenas, but every other aspect of the game makes me hate it. I still log in, though. How do I stop?
>>
ffxiv pleb. better pvp than wow
>>
Just pull the plug, don't think about it. You'll thank me later.
>>
Go cold turkey and play other video games, then you'll question why you even played WoW in the first place.
>>
>>382515980
>>382516130
I've tried this, but when raid night rolls around I log in and fuck it up. I guess it's the social aspect of playing with 19 other people, but I don't enjoy doing it. I feel obligated to the guild.
>>
>>382516641
>I've tried this, but when raid night rolls around I log in and fuck it up.
Unsub?
>>
>>382516641
Remind youself that you are not obligared to play the game. You're the one paying for your subscription, not your guild mates.
>>
>>382516641
Remind youself that you are not obligared to play the game. You're the one paying for your subscription, not your guild mates.
>>
>>382515859
>ffxiv pvp
as someone who plays this shit all the time and loves the game 2 death
the pvp is absolutely the worst part of the game
>>
>>382516641
Remind yourself that you're not obligated to play the game. You're the one paying a monthly fee for a game that you don't like, not your guild mates
>>
>>382516980
I still want to stay subbed for arenas and battlegrounds.
>>382517035
I had success last expansion quitting after clearing HFC and playing casually. I had a shit ton of fun. I just don't know how to drop a team at the beginning of a raid tier. Don't wanna fuck anyone over.
>>
>>382515780
Find a reason to hate the game. Mine is that I did the green fire quest too early and wasn't around to log in for the cheevo.
>>
>>382516641
You're getting close to being able to quit, but you won't until you stop loathing the game and feel entirely apathetic about it. After that you won't even miss it, you'll just stop showing up to raids one day.
>>
>>382517270
>I still want to stay subbed for arenas and battlegrounds.
Then why the fuck are you telling us you want to quit WoW?
>>
>>382515780
uninstall wow
sell your account
unplug your pc for a few weeks

t. 400+ days /played on wow, quit years ago
>>
>>382517394
I do, but a part of me still enjoys that bit of content. Ideally I'd completely quit, but PvP is what's really keeping me subbed. The rest is like, I'm subbed so I may as well do this shit.
>>
>>382516130
Ive tried this and it works for maybe 2-3 months max. I always come back
>>
On a related note, I have trouble enjoying other games. Shit that I used to play for 4-8 hours at a time I can barely sit through 30 minutes of other games now. I dunno. I miss doing other things, and want to do them, but I can't motivate myself to.
>>
>>382515780
The only thing that will force you to quit is to become bored with the game. 7 months ago after I realized legion was just a bunch of shitty boring grind for artifact power with no end in sight. Relinquish your enjoyment of the game it's a waste of time.
>>
>>382517093
I dunno the SB overhaul has really improved it
It's not great but it's not terrible either
>>
Just go to the general forum and read blizz posts, eventually you'll notice how absolutely retarded the people running the game are and just quit. In fact that helps with just about any game.
>>
Spend two weeks away from home without a computer you can play wow on. Uninstall it from your home machine before you leave if you can.
>>
Let's say I just cut the game entirely. Do I talk to my guild or just not log in? I have a feeling I'd get talked into staying. I genuinely am at the point of just wanting to say fuck it.
>>
>>382515780
The nicest thing you can do to your mythic raid guild is tell them that you want to quit soon so they can look for a replacement for you.

Just straight up quitting is gay.
>>
>>382519268
It's pretty rude to just disappear if you've got a perennial spot on the raid team.

Just be like "I'm not having any fun with game anymore so I'm gonna take a break". Say it through some out of game channel like discord or guild forums or whatever you use if you can.
>>
>Argus is already on the PTR
>Aggramar is a boss in the raid
>all the titans supposedly have in game models
10 years ago did you really think we'd ever get to this point?
>>
>>382519953
Well it had to happen at SOME point.
Feels like Legion is accelerating the plot tenfold though.
>>
>>382516641
get your account permabanned. its how i quit, i cant even stand the thought of starting over
>>
>>382519778
>>382519794
I mean, we have backups, so it's not as if I can't be replaced. I just think randomly disappearing would give me a bigger reason not to go back.
>>
>>382519794
its a bit rude but its not that big of a deal unless youre an officer or some shit. if you're just another dps its not like it'll be hard for them to replace you. if you really want to quit, having to explain yourself when you come back might be a good deterrent from logging in.
>>
>>382519953
>all these detailed modern detailed models
>somehow miss when the game was a slapjob
Sylvanas having a NE model was just charming shit.

Half the NPCs or major characters barely resemble their race. Thrall barely looks like any of the other orcs anymore
>>
>>382515780
I stopped playing after they more of less removed talent trees. Not really sure what keeps people playing this point other than mindless raid grinding and guild drama.
>>
>>382520160
Then give them a notice and tell them you are quitting/taking a break.
And take the break seriously. Dont play for a month and see how you feel about it.

If you dont like what you are doing now thats the best option really.

>>382520218
Thrall was never supposed to look like an Orc.
He had eyebrows in WC3 already to make him look more human and relatable.
>>
>let sub run out right when ToS came out because I simply did not care
>HEY LOOK ITS ARGUS
>Turalyon and Alleria are finally in game
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>382517507
I'm not sure you understand how this works. By quitting WoW, you stop playing the game, completely. So either you want to quit, or you don't. If you still enjoying aspects of the game, then you don't really hate it. And if you don't really hate it, then keep playing. It's that simple.
>>
>>382515780
just uninstall. and don't use your computer for a few weeks.

go outside and pick up a new hobby or just do something else you find fun.

after a while you will just not care about wow anymore.
>>
>that feel when debating resubbing to wow since a friend plays it and I have enough gold for a few free months
Convince me not to do it.
>>
>>382520548
I don't think you understand. I would love to continue to enjoy PvP for a few hours a week, but I get sucked in by everything else and hate every second of it. It's an addiction at this point.
>>
>>382520754
>don't use your computer for a few weeks
Nigga do you realize what basket-weaving forum you're posting on?
>>
File: IMG_3631.png (1MB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3631.png
1MB, 1280x719px
>>382517270
>I want to quit wow
So unsub
>I dont want to quit wow

Fuck off.
>>
>>382517270
If it's the beginning of a tier you can just miss the first raid night, be super behind and get dropped.
>>
>>382515780
You can't. You're a part of Warcraft now, you put so much time into it that it's become part of your essence. It's much better to surrender to your frustration and just play that shit, my nigga.
>>
>>382520954
yeah, but the dude has to break from it or keep falling back into the wow trap out of being bored in front of a computer screen.

break the cycle.
>>
File: 1483810989649.jpg (35KB, 512x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483810989649.jpg
35KB, 512x640px
you spend too much time and money in wow. now blizzards slave collar is around your neck so enjoy your stay.
>>
File: 1495557910992.jpg (186KB, 645x909px) Image search: [Google]
1495557910992.jpg
186KB, 645x909px
>>382515780
Start playing other games. Anything is better than WoW, honestly. DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ANOTHER MMORPG, YOU SHITTER.
Oblivion is what finally ripped me away from WoW all those years ago for me. So, try something you'll have to invest time in.
>>
>>382515780
if you actually want to quit delete all of your characters
it's what i did and it worked
>>
>>382521392
MMOs are the only good games.
>>
File: 1498507604594.jpg (56KB, 598x766px) Image search: [Google]
1498507604594.jpg
56KB, 598x766px
>>382516980
>tfw finally unsubbing for the first time
>>
>>382521453
mmos are literally the worst genre of video game
everything about them is mediocre at best in order to compensate for being a massively multiplayer world, and they do that shit now anyway
>>
>>382517093
Me and my friend are trying the trial right now, we can't whisper eachother or group because of bots abusing the trial in the past.

Should we just shill out $15 for it? Do you think we'd have fun? Are the dungeons worth it and all that?
>>
File: 1498594866207.jpg (36KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1498594866207.jpg
36KB, 655x527px
game is designed to draw u in, stop it
>>
>>382521453
>The nongame part time job daily quest simulator is the only good game

6/10
>>
>>382521453
Seek Christ or taste, you poor thing.
>>
>>382515780
Just cancel your subscription and uninstall the game. Preferably take a vacation right afterwards so that you get used to not playing the game for a couple of weeks
>>
>>382515780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqQIAbSLYPc
basically this. It's become a habit for you. Find something else in which you can invest your time.
>>
I quit WoW after 5 years. Came back 2 years later because of a friend. I didn't last 15 minutes. One thing that really surprised me was how archaic the control scheme was. Being expected to move quickly, watch your surroundings, and hammer the Mouse + Keyboard + 1-0 key ... dude.

I did it in Everquest for 5 years, then WoW for 5 years, then SWTOR for 1 year, and I could never do it again after a short break. What a fucking joke. I could do it without a problem, but now I easily see why people had a hard time excelling in raids if they didn't have great coordination + situational awareness + multitasking ability.

So, after 11 years of using that fucked up control, I am convinced that if you can't optionally play a game with a gamepad, your control scheme is fucked up and you need to reign that shit in.
>>
>>382522098
This is the most insane thing I have ever read.
>>
File: 1435722273082.png (442KB, 643x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1435722273082.png
442KB, 643x1000px
>>382521562
That GCD delay is real and its going to be present throughout the entire game.

Also there are invisible walls out the ass, sorta like a regular FF game.

Difficulty is on the low end for mmos with it peaking at savage full party stuff. And really thats just hard because no addons to tell you what to do.

Remember its an asian mmo with asian mmo grinding.

Everything from crafting to learning boss fights is just one long grind. But its a decent game overall.

Just don't expect wow polish or pvp, not that wow really has that anymore.
>>
How can you not control it? I've been playing on and off for a few years, just don't fucking sub when you bored of it pretty senpai simple! Wow gets boring fast so I don't see the point in play in for months at a time, one month sub then when that runs out I've had my fix and I don't sub again! It's pretty fucking easy tbf!
>>
>WoW is the only game with good PvP for competitive fags(no sub glad opinions accepted on this matter kthx)
>FFXIIXCV: Catgirl edition is comfy and pretty, gives FF nostalgia kicks but the PvP is GOD-AWFUL
>EVE: Fun if you like having two jobs, or have assburgers
>all other MMO's: Dying or dead, shit PvP and no endgame.
I only quit WoW again because i wanted to switch class and i just couldn't get myself to grind that shit up again, leveling and item upgrades when you just want to PvP kills the boner.
>>
>>382523552
An mmo that only has irrelevant quarantined 3v3 queues is not "good".
>>
>>382523782
>An mmo that only has irrelevant quarantined 3v3 queues is not "good".
Obviously it's not irrelevant, as there are tournaments full of people who play it. There is no tournament for carebears because your grand achievement is to get 15 people to not stand in the fire at the same time. Bravo.
WoW isn't good, but it's PvP is the best there is. The rest of the game is a patchwork abomination held alive a skeleton crew trying to keep you coming back by forcing you to grind PvE. PvP is the only good part, and it's drowning in carebear shit.
>>
>>382516641
>I feel obligated to the guild.

I know exactly how you feel and I've experienced this same problem a few times when I've wanted to quit playing before. The only things that successfully made me quit in the past were dramatic events in the guild, where lots of members quit, or real life responsibilities, such as college.

I always gravitate towards roles with more responsibility too, such as tanking or doing more in a fight than I need to. Part of it though is that I don't really trust other people to do these things. Although, they've totally ruined tanking now.
>>
>>382517740
Sounds like you have depression
>>
The one thing that made stopping for me easy was the realisation no matter what you do its always void in max of 2 months.
>>
>>382522098
>1 2 3 4 5
>q e r f z x c v g
>shift, alt, ctrl
Quantum rocket surgery.
>>
>>382515780
You are weak. I don't get how anyone can be so weak that they continue to do something they hate. Since just not playing is evidentally beyond you (you softcock) cancel your sub, tell your guildmates you're going for good, tell them to kick you and not let you back in, give some fuck your password and watch him delete your characters. If you're such a weak cunt you need to do something drastic then do something drastic. And DON'T move to another MMO, you additive personality softcock. Stop forever and man the fuck up.

Well, I'm off to play FF11, which I'm gonna drop as soon as I'm done with the story, have fun being a slave to the treadmill, you sad sack.
>>
I just want another MMO with WoWs smooth as butter combat. Every other MMOs combat seems clunky.
>>
>>382515780
I played ~6 years straight with almost 2 of those years logged in. I went cold turkey and didn't look back. I even quit in the middle of a raid tier. Don't feel obligated to waste your life with a bunch of random people on the internet. It's not like they won't understand anyway. You're not hurting anyone by quitting.
>>
>>382520080
I think the changing plot is why Metzen retired. The higher-ups probably realized that the game was in creative deadlock, so they dropped him for new people. He was probably too attached to the lore and didn't want to change something he believed was perfect.
>>
>>382524608
>I played for 6 years straight
>Don't waste your life.

Like you can give advice.

Also, everyone has a hobby. You people act like playing a game consistently is a bad thing. MMOs also give you social interaction and a wide range of different types of gameplay, so it is probably one of the better games to play for a long time.

That said, I don't play MMOs, but you're acting like they are on meth or some shit. Calm down.
>>
>>382524163
>Don't enjoy games anymore, you have depression meme.

Why is this a thing? Perhaps people have simply just played too many games. Take a break for a decade then come back is probably better advice than YOU HAVE DEPRESSION!
>>
>>382524772
Of course I can give advice. I was the worst of the worst, and I successfully quit cold turkey and turned my life around.
>>
>>382524910
Congrats on stopping playing a video game you deserve some sort of badge of honour lmfao
>>
>>382524973
It's almost as if it's the topic of this very thread.
>>
>>382515780
Simple, give me you acc, ill sell all your shit in the Xroads inn and give it to you again.

Problem solved. Worked for me.
>>
>>382524772
>That said, I don't play MMOs

Yeah so you don't know what you're talking about. MMO addiction can be a really serious problem.
>>
>>382524698
Eh maybe he just got sick of it, he probably has enough cash.

Its clear that back then they didnt expect WoW to be so long lasting so they made TBC all about killing off lore characters.
Then they thought "oh shit this might actually survive for a decade and two" so they started introducing new lore and filler expansions to slow things down.

Now they suddenly go with turbo speed again, but they also came up with more new stuff like the voidgod faggotry, so they might just have enough new stuff prepared for the future.
>>
>>382525050
>MMO addiction

Hahaha. What the fuck. When did /v/ turn into Facebook Mums Against World of Warcraft
>>
>>382516641
It's not a fucking job, man. Stop using it as a substitute for real life. The game obviously doesn't fulfill you anymore so it's time to move on. They'll find someone to replace you. Worry about yourself, not them.
>>
>>382515780
Inform them that you're not having any fun. Begin downloading a private server's client files that appeals to you. Turn non-bound gear over to another player fitting your role close to your capabilities, then unsub and leave. Play private server.
>>
>>382525310
>non-bound gear

Have you played wow in the last 10 years?
>>
>>382525357
I quit playing retail and moved onto private servers early in my career sheerly because retail was unenjoyable. If they're best in slot, then they're bound: but if they're not that well geared, then they aren't. I prefer to hang around Vanilla or Wrath of the Lich King servers, specifically.
>>
>>382524879
Sounds like (You) have depression.
>>
>>382522943
Are like the dungeons fun? I wouldnt mind if I got to dungeon with my friend but that aint happenin on the trial without begging someone for a party I guess.
>>
>>382515780
Keep playing. If you quit when you're at 98% hate, 2% like then over time the 2% will grow as you forget the bad times and remember only the good times. It's like an ember, eventually the flame comes back. The only way to full quit is to 100% hate all aspects of the game and be so sick and tired of everything that nothing can draw you back in. You sound like you're getting there, but you need to extinguish the last embers.
>>
>>382525520
All gear has been soul-bound since Vanilla once it's equipped.
>>
>>382515780
You are to late. You should have quit with wotlk
>>
File: 1498429349100.png (335KB, 439x525px) Image search: [Google]
1498429349100.png
335KB, 439x525px
>>382515780
Get a job and some actual responsibilities. You'll realise you've been using WoW as a bandaid to cover the gaping hole you have in your life due to having no real hobbies or important stuff to do.
>>
>>382515780
Get yourself banned, quickest way is to pay for something with Paypal but then do a chargeback.
>>
>>382524772
>MMOs also give you social interaction
not the way they used to, guildmates are more like colleagues than friends. just because you spend a lot of time around them doesn't mean you have meaningful connections with them
>>
>>382525137
? addiction of any kind is no laughing matter, it ruins millions of lives every day
>>
>>382524275
If I'm gonna spend that much time learning that many combinations of keys, I'll just pick up the fucking piano. At least I can impress girls with that shit.
>>
>>382520851
The game sucks.
>>
File: 1498258708667.png (104KB, 307x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498258708667.png
104KB, 307x269px
>>382515780
>he didn't stop after cata like most of the people did with a brain or at least during pandaria

just get a gf because I know you don't when you dedicate 4 hours a day
>>
>>382515780
The game can no longer suprise you.
Play something different for a while.
An action RPG maybe or something you ussually don´t play.
Don´t worry about the progress, once the next expansion hits everybody is basicly back at square one.
>>
>>382516641
Unless you've met these people in real life, they really don't give a shit about you.

Raid night comes and a slot is missing, they'll bitch about the inconvenience then they'll pick up a random friend and life goes on for them.

They'll ask about you the next time they raid, and that'll be the last time they have you in their thoughts.
>>
File: 1490545498451.gif (4MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1490545498451.gif
4MB, 294x233px
>>382516641
Dude what are you, 12 years old?

Tell them that you need a break and that you don´t enjoy playing right as much as you used to. Most people will understand becouse we all have been there. And if they actually start acting like assholes then you maybe shouldnt be in this guild in the first place.
Just do it for fuck sake you can resubscribe anytime if you change your mind.
>>
>>382515780
Try to get a break from it. When I quit during cataclysm it was because I couldn't play it, since my graphics card died. That gave me the break I needed and then I understood that I didn't enjoy playing it anymore
>>
>>382515859
Whoah dude, just whoah. What the fuck :D
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.