[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: ffxv.jpg (156KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv.jpg
156KB, 1080x600px
What went wrong?
>>
>>382514896
Tabata, the game was in development without a director. There was no vision or leadership from him, in a Japanese industry where the entire team looks towards their director at all times. He only cared about traveling around, sitting around, taking people out for drinks, being a poster child for the game. There was zero effort put in by Tabata towards actual game development. Ask any human involved in XV and they'll tell you the same. Source: Worked on XV for all of 2016
>>
>>382515180
>spoiler
What did you do?
>>
What went wrong? Nothing went right.
>>
>>382515725
VFX, but around the time the delay happened the went into such a panic they started making literally all the employees on the team start bug testing for like a month and a half, no matter what your position on. Consequentially we all got to know each other across the departments pretty well. And 2 or 3 Tabata horror stories we experienced turned into a collective 100. I couldn't believe it
>>
File: 3443.jpg (196KB, 858x1261px) Image search: [Google]
3443.jpg
196KB, 858x1261px
>>382514896
Not enough game
>>
>>382516219
>horror stories
it's time to share
>>
>>382516278
>Right after e3 2016
>Some important people from Square NA visiting to try and figure out what the fuck is going on in the fucked up production and get some help on their end
>They're chatting up a friend of mine, so I go over
>NA employees start trying to politely ask what the fuck is wrong with Tabata without upsetting anybody
>hear my friend from the core dev team just laugh and then whisper "Tabata-san has never played the game before"
>run over with a white as fuck face and have him repeat himself

It all made so much sense after that
>>
>>382514896
Nothing other than being a bit rushed towards the end and not being able to take on more than 1 hunt.
>>
File: c4jt321.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
c4jt321.png
310KB, 580x282px
>>382518002
>Bit rushed
Yeah it's not like the main story was gutted and being sold as DLC a year after the game released or anything.
>>
>>382515180
>>382516219
>>382516589

Oh look another "i worked on ffxv honest please belief me also tabata is the devil" meme leak post thread.
>>
>>382516589
>Tabata-san has never played the game before
Not only is this full of shit but we've literally seen him playing it on livestream footage.
>>
>>382518157
It wasn't. DLC are side stories separate from the main story, the main story is told and resolved within the main game. Anything "gutted" is just your desperate clinging to shit from Versus that was already changed
>>
>>382515180
>nomuracuck makes shit up:the post
On damage control because of the recent 2013 XV storyboards show that Nomura's XV is hardly any different to the final game?
>>
>>382518321
>DLC are side stories separate from the main story
There is absolutely zero reason for them to not have been included in the base game, not like there was an awful lot of narrative substance in it to begin with.
>>
>>382518515
They are still separate side stories that are self contained from the main story. Like seeing Gladio and Cor's adventures to beat up Gilgamesh has nothing to do with the main story, and that takes place while you are already playing as Noctis going through Steyliff ruins with Aranea which has you learning stuff about the story. Like the only thing you learn in ep Gladio is that Cor took the trial when he was young, the dead soldiers you fight are all former crownsguard that died against Gilgamesh, and that Cor cut off Gilgameshs's arm when he took the trial, and also that Gilgamesh was the shield of the founder king. That stuff honestly doesn't change or shape the main story, it's just a side story.
>>
>>382518438
>hardly any different
>like 5 characters we never saw in the final game are featured in it
>literally completely different to the final game
>>
>>382515180
If you're still here, how long did you work on xv for
>>
>Can't play as Aranea or Iris
>>
>>382518790
To clarify, was it just 2016 or even further back
>>
>>382518674
It would be a separate story if Gladio had never left, but he does. He leaves and comes back with some new scars, we don't know why. This is never explained in the main game despite happening in it, and is not something left unto interpretation unlike the ending (which still feels half-assed).
>>
>>382518438
>recent 2013 XV storyboards

Tell me more.
>>
File: Gatekeeper-Tabata.jpg (205KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gatekeeper-Tabata.jpg
205KB, 960x720px
>>382515180
FPBP

Tabata just wasn't ready for a project the scope of XV.

>Speaking with Game Informer, director Hajime Tabata says the narrative direction was entirely intentional – namely the important events that happened off-screen. “It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”

>With this sort of narrative design philosophy in hand, Tabata said it was only natural to increase the proportion in which the main characters are depicted. “It’s not that we decreased the role of the side characters,” he explained. “Focusing on many characters in the game means that the allocation given to the main characters will decrease. Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story, we placed greater importance on the four main characters and strived to depict a world seen from their perspective.”
>>
>>382518915
Fan event showed artist roberto ferrari's storyboard from around may 2013
They didn't show anything exciting
>>
>>382518790
>>382518884
only 2016, start to finish, with a tiny amount of episode gladio cross over, but moved on after that
>>
I suppose this thread is to bait that particular someone hm?
>>
>>382519018
>We wanted to add content to the game that nobody can play or ever experience outside of:
>"Oh, hey. Welcome back, Gladio!"
>"Thanks, Noct."
Really gets the neurons firing.
>>
File: 1498869765251.jpg (9KB, 150x188px) Image search: [Google]
1498869765251.jpg
9KB, 150x188px
Le Epic Experimental Gameplay when nobody even complained about the tried and true ATB system.
>>
>>382519159
Isn't that the only reason these threads get made?
>>
>>382519190
I'm glad they didn't go with the ATB this time, though.
>>
>>382519018
>Tabata explains: "If rather than only controlling Noctis, users were able to control four or five characters-say, the four guys and then Cor, for example-it would be really hard to bring all five of those characters and the way that they feel to the same level of satisfaction as one character, given the time restrictions, budget limits, and so on. So, because controlling all of those characters was a bit of an impossible goal, we decided that it would be more reasonable to create the party characters with good A.I. and make them feel really realistic in order to push the hardware.

>You know, you have the characters from Versus XIII carried over but instead of these caricatures, if you will, these really stylistic characters, the goal was to make them feel human. They became living, breathing people, going on a journey in a realistic world. So rather than focus on a combat system like the very stylized, cartoonish Kingdom Hearts approach, we went with something that feels more realistic. You have characters that feel pain, that respond to the actions of not only the combatants, the enemy combatants, but also your comments, too, right? And again, this just focuses on pushing the limits of the latest technology."
>>
>>382519113
Were you guys aware of the 4chan leak that spoiled the game's story months before the game came out?
What were the final months like before the release of the game, especially after the delay was announced?
Do you have any other tabata stories
>>
>>382519254
I honestly wish the game would get shat on more, the entire development process deserves it. But these threads either die or xv-kun appears and spergs out to 400+ replies.
>>
>>382519271
What do you mean this time? FFX was the last main game that actually had the gameplay that made Square famous to begin with.

Just go back to turn based and/or ATB. For fuck's sake how hard is it?
>>
>>382519451
Meant to say FFX-2
>>
>>382519451
>What do you mean this time?
As in "For XV."
>>
>>382519502
XIII-2 was the last game to use ATB though.
>>
>>382519397
Yeah, about 2 or 2.5 weeks after the plot got leaked here somebody in NA found it on gamefaqs and reported it. They had it translated and sent to Tabata and he lost his mind. He got really nervous that everybody was out to get him and stopped sharing information properly between the departments and NA/EU branches. It was bad enough before, but that leak honestly really fucked things up more.

One of the last Tabata stories from before I left: after the game was out a lot of people on 2chan where complaining that Cidney's breasts looked like implants because they don't move. Some of the devs browse there and brought it up to Tabata-san, who got convinced they'd sell more in Japan if he patched breast physics in. There was actually a working build with Cidney breast physics that would have gone out in Dec/Jan, but Square EU got really pissed about it and said it was sexist and called together this whole thing to stop it
>>
>>382519918
>euro square telling the actual jap square what to do
uh huh
>>
>>382519918
I'm pretty sure I've seen Cidney's tits jiggle subtly in my copy.
>>
>>382519918
Oh wow. Thanks anon
>>
>>382519918
That's bullshit but I believe it.
>>
....at least we get a proper fishin game...
>vr

fucking square enix.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.