[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HH>DM>LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>OWB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 12

File: newvegas.jpg (34KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
newvegas.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
HH>DM>LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>OWB
>>
shit taste but ok
>>
>>382513190
OWB>HH>DM>LR
>>
HH>OWB>>>LR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DM
>>
>>382513280
I'm indifferent on the first 3, but I fucking hate OWB
>>
>>382513442
>his taste is this bad
>>
OWB's narrative was great and so were most of the locations, the two biggest things that ruin it for me are the constant enemies spawning that at high levels are just annoying to fight, and that fucking school you need to go through a total of 4 times with night stalkers and military cyber dogs.
>>
>>382513190
>le serious gamer with a sophisticated sense of humor

OWB was good fun. kill yourself my dude.
>>
File: 13301298509812.jpg (2MB, 804x5223px) Image search: [Google]
13301298509812.jpg
2MB, 804x5223px
>Playing Nu Vegas at all
>>
>>382513740
the only 'good fun' in OWB is killing the Think Tank
>>
>>382513190
DM>OWB>HH>LR
>>
File: 1459746391611.gif (338KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459746391611.gif
338KB, 400x300px
>>382513860
tldr; the guy who wrote this thinks the brotherhood deserves the mojave
>>
>>382513190
DM>LR>OWB>HH
>>
>>382513190
Finally. 100% agree.
>>
File: 1374894764088.gif (744KB, 472x324px) Image search: [Google]
1374894764088.gif
744KB, 472x324px
>>382513860
>kill the guy who shot me and helping people fuck robots
>bad premise
>>
>>382513442
Why is that?

Memes is not a valid critique.
>>
>>382513402
This
I dont know how people think LR is so damn amazing. I thought it was ok I guess. And dead money was so tedious that I just said fuck it after a bit and tgm'd the end because I couldn't stand it any more
>>
>>382513190
>LR above anything
The only thing good from LR are the Ranger Armors
>>
>>382514475
The humor wasn't for me, Big MT isn't that interesting to explore, the school level, and it's a slog to get through.The giant scorpion was interesting but the rest of the enemies weren't memorable. There is no one to talk to besides the Think Tank, and the combat locations weren't good enough to make up for the lack of NPC's throughout the rest of the map.
>>
>>382514553
>>382514557
But but THE BEAR AND THE BULL
>>
>>382513860
>Who will? They're all dead!
Christ I knew he wasn't paying attention but I didn't think he was that retarded.
>>
>>382514557
Don't forget about EDE and good loots.
>>
>>382513190
Did Mobius have his voice pre-recorded on his robo-scorpions or was he talking through them?
>>
>>382513860
Is it me or is this illegible?
>>
>>382515536
I'm pretty sure it was all pre-recorded.
>>
>>382515536
>Stop that! You'll damage he hull!
>>
The Good:

HH
>comfy exploration
>Joshua Graham
>Randall Dean Clark
DM
>best story
>interesting companions
LR
>ED-E
>loot
OWB
>interesting characters
>lots to explore

The Bad:

HH
>short
>weak story
DM
>combat (ghosts)
>red fart
LR
>everything especially Ulysses
OWB
>who the fuck thought spawning night stalkers everywhere you go was a good idea
>>
>>382515870
the story and characters carried HH and DM. But LR and OWB for me at least had uninteresting stories that made everything else worse. LR atleast had some good loot but I can't remember a single thing from OWB that was worth keeping.
>>
>>382513860
gord help this man
>>
>>382515870
>>who the fuck thought spawning night stalkers everywhere you go was a good idea
Borous
>>
>>382515536
I was under the impression he's partially in control, or at least watching the live feed. He starts mumbling and talking to the robots if they lose sight of you.
>>
>>382516070
>can't remember a single thing from OWB that was worth keeping
>laer
>that weird halo thing
>the sink
>>
>>382516070
The Stealth suit from OWB is waifu material.
>>
>>382515870
>DM
>best story
I beg to disagr-
>LR
>ED-E
jesus h christ
>>
>>382516618
Name one (1) wrong thing with ED-E
>>
None of the NV DLC is worth playing so I find it kind of pointless putting them in tiers.
>>
OWB > DM > LR = HH
>>
File: 1440105641932.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440105641932.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>382516618
>he doesnt like ED-E
>>
>>382516901
you don't have to play Honest Hearts to get the best part out of it but I think most of the fun of Dead Money is going through the hard as nails gameplay for the loot at the end.
>>
>>382516520
Too bad it's worthless.
>>
>>382516940
>LR not in dead fucking last
Objectively wrong
>>
DM > OWB > HH > LR

DM: Absolutely loved the story, location, atmosphere, and premise of Dead Money. Had amazing voice acting, really tragic backstories, and I actually enjoyed the playstyle of being sneaky and scared.

OWB is practically fetch quest the simulator but it had great dialogue and some nice backstories as well. Exploring the Big MT is probably the best environment in all of Fallout for me cause it feels like a relic of the past.

Honest Hearts had little in ways of plot but Joshua Graham and Randall Clark were really high points. Probably one of the best characters.

Lonesome road was a bit linear and Ulysses was too preachy but it wasn't too too bad. I enjoyed the Divide because it was complete destruction we hadn't seen anywhere else in the series.

So all DLC's really excel at somethings while not so much in others. It's a bit hard to tier them because they have some really good pro's but I still prefer DM for the atmosphere and story.
>>
>>382517450
I agree with everything you said except the part where Ulysses wasnt too bad.
He ruined LR by himself.
>>
>>382518065
I honestly don't get the hate for Ulysses. I thought he was an okay antagonist.
>>
>>382513860
You an find out that the doctor's wife died, but you have to ask Sarah in the strip vault. If you don't play it, don't judge it.

The brotherhood live in a hidden bunker for a reason. If every brotherhood member that ventured out had a note/tape/map saying the way back to the bunker, the NCR would have found it and wiped them out.

A lot of the times you can't really do unmarked quests without reading notes and dialogue and stuff. if you read dialogue about helios 1 in teh game, you would have found out that the gun bought from the kid is a superweapon. It has no related quest, because you have to find out on your own. Isn't that what you wanted?

This is probably bait, but there is a lot of validity to the rest of your points. That said, they apply to fallouts 3-4.
>>
>>382516785
>>382516978
The robot is fine, but the dialogs with it in LR seem like they'd been written by a fat creepy woman who treated it as a surrogate baby. It's a floating TV screen that suddenly acts like an overly emotional dog and your courier only has a choice of fawning over it kicking it for no reason. It made my skin crawl.

>>382518227
Hyped in the vanilla game and three other DLCs, then you find out he's just a crazy idiot who you can calm down without speech checks.
>>
>>382518227
they hyped him as some incredible foe that would test the stability of the entire mojave and he is just some legion shill that didn't like the courier. bear and bull
>>
>>382514553
I don't speak for the others but I enjoyed lonesome road because it was a tough, but fair challenge.

HH was flat out easy, but that's okay- its about exploration and discovery

OWB offered a challenge in that the neemies were bullet sponges, but once you got th eproton inversal axe, it was just kiting the same gorillion health enemies for ages whiel slapping off miniscule bits of health.

Dead money was actually challenging, but it was a cheesy kind of challenge. It didnt expect you to be good at combat, it just cheesed you by fragging your neck, which basically forced savescummiing.

Lonesome road's challenges were the tough enemies, especially at places like the couriers mile, long 15, dry wells, Cave of abbadon, Rawr. They offered a challenging and rewarding fight, without using cheese tactics. It's a true test of the player's combat skills only really present in Deadwind Cavern, deathclaw promotory, and Camp Golf/the Fort.
>>
>>382513190
DM>OWB>HH>LR
THE BEAR AND THE BULL
THE BEAR AND THE BULL
THE BEAR AND THE BULL
>>
>>382513190
Posts like this are why I didn't play any of the DLC beyond HH. HH was fucking awful. Graham wasn't as good as I hoped he'd be, the environment was fucking awful to traverse, and the only remotely high point was searching around for that old dudes notes. If the other dlcs are WORSE than that then fuck that im not wasting my time.
>>
>>382518970
OP has shit taste, but at least he has a taste of his own.
>>
>>181405610

Reminder to help revive /cfog/
>>
>>382514475
Not him, but stealth is literally impossible in OWB either by design or because of a glitch. Everything needs to be faced head-on and it's retarded. The map is boring as all hell. I just finished it for the first time and I hated it. I'm glad I got it out of the way before moving onto the others. The inclusion of Stripe as a wild wasteland encounter was clever though.
>>
>>382518970
>I didn't play through this content to form my own opinion because of memes on /v/
>>
Patrician taste for once. But don't worry summerfriends, you'll learn to appreciate HH once your pubes start growing, until that: stay salty.
>>
I just realized I don't remember what the game is like without jsawyer ultimate and a dozen other mods I always use.
>>
>>382519291
My only issue with your taste, OP, is that you put THE BEAR AND THE BULL over OWB. No need to project your silky smooth balls on us.
>>
>>382518970
Play the rest of them and form your own opinion. Lots of people think HH is the worst because of your opinion. You might like OWB's humor or Lonesome Road's atmosphere. getting your opinion from /v/ is retarded especially if you already own the other DLCs
>>
>>382519291
Damn it man, put some effort into your shitposting.
>>
>>382519385
I know right? XD

What a Penisfinger he was, haha!

OWB rules!
>>
>>382513190
Unironically agree. OWB was just a bunch of obnoxious ""humor"" with no actual hook to it at all.
>>
>>382519385
it's a personal thing. If I had to do an objective look on all of them, LR is definitely the weakest. Ulysses is just so damn uninteresting and he is the center of the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>382513190
killing subhuman, serving jews, what kind of /pol/ack made HH?
>>
>>382518970

Honest Hearts is fine, but its biggest crime is just being boring.

Dead Money is stealth and narrative based, its pretty good but if sneaking isn't your thing then you are going to hate it.

Old World Blues is fun, great area to explore and is a good laugh. Not exactly hard but the enemies are bullet sponges, but has the best gear in the game.

Lonesome road sucked, its probably the only thing you get of challenge but it gets hyped up so much by the other dlc's that when you finally get to it, its hard to experience anything but disappointment.
>>
>>382519385
BEAR AND BULL had good combat at least. Best combat in the whole game. It sure beats kiting six gorillion health scorpions in a huge circle around the crater for 10 minutes swinging away multiple full durability proton axes because you're apparently not allowed to sneak or talk your way out of anything.
>>
>>382519506
Problem is they made him choose to nuke whatever faction you'd supported by that point, so instead of having an actual consistent motivation and philosophy he's got this multiple-choice nonsense that doesn't mesh at all
>>
>>382519617
The the setting of OWB was completely superior though. The place itself, sentient appliances, the motivations behind everything when you get to the end and lets not forget the delicious stealth suit. I'll admit the humor was less than stellar, but it was a better experience than LR.
>>382519692
I'm pretty sure you get to pick who to nuke if you pass a skillcheck.
>>
>>382519692
Lonesome Road was fun to explore at least. The Big MT was fucking 'MT' of anything interesting.
>>
I just purchased New Vegas and I'm looking for some mods that are just improvements, nothing lore-breaking or anything of that sort, any recommendations?
>>
>>382520020
Linear Road was not fun to explore, it was a hallway with nukes and nucler-powered ghouls and radioactive deathclaws and burrowing pokemon that we're supposed to think are dangerous.
>>
>>382520020
LR is a hallway, my dude.
>>
>>382520154
Project Nevada
Conelrad
EVE
Enhanced Camera
Nevada Skies/Fellout
Enhanced Blood
Preferred ENB
Texture Packs
>>
>>382519962
I mean Ulysses himself and his decision. And the fact that he has the ironclad will and utter insanity to launch nukes at people for a personal vendetta and make backup plans so that the nukes fly even if he dies, but then he can be talked out of it all with a two-minute conversation
>>
>>382520307
>>382520393
a hallway with interesting stuff is better than a empty canyon
>>
>>382520521
Truth. The Marked Men were pretty interesting, the guns were definitely better than OWB's sci-fi-fag fapbait, and the upgrades to ED-E made for fun mechanics if a completely uninteresting side-story. My gripe's just with Ulysses himself, like I said
>>
>>382520307
>burrowing pokemon that we're supposed to think are dangerous
They fucked my shit up a few times.
>>
>>382520832
And I got killed by raiders. Doesn't mean we're supposed to think raiders are some wort of unstoppable doomsday scenario slowly encroaching on human civilization. Tunnelers are shitty writing.
>>
Genuinely curios, for those that think OWB isn't funny, is it because it's too silly? What would be funny fallout dialogue to you? I can kind of understand how the toaster would be less funny on subsequent play throughs but I feel like the whole totally misguided good intentions narrative of the tank is hilarious
>>
>>382521019
>Tunnelers are shitty writing
They are, but they also hit like a deathclaw.
>>
>>382521037
penis fingers
>>
>>382521094
2 words out of the whole script?
>>
>>382521094
every dialouge with the think tank boiled down to them being crazy. it's amusing the first time but every other time the 15 minute conversation with them makes me want to shoot myself. the school is also atrocious. The same joke about him hating school is played while you have to search for some dumb fucking terminals while being hunted by bullet sponge military cyber dogs that kill you in a few hits. the SINK is alright, but not good enough to make me think anything that postitive of OWB. penis fingers
>>
>>382521398
Does the majority of /v/ not run project Nevada?
>>
>>382521037
Good Fallout humor is dry, witty, and grounded, stuff that fits into the gritty-but-off-kilter setting. OWB jokes are "lol so randumb" shit that you'd expect to hear dribbling out of someone wearing a Deadpool t-shirt
>>
File: Titanlaugh.png (77KB, 212x344px) Image search: [Google]
Titanlaugh.png
77KB, 212x344px
>>382516216
>>
>>382521532
Would like an example to back up that point, friend. I can see where anyone would label it HURR REDDIT non sequiter drivel, but I fail to see where people want to cast it out as trash humor wise when most of the highlites come from similar quips from side characters in the main experience
>>
>>382521903
The remarks from people in the main game are grounded in a character's personality and happen every so often. In OWB it is a nonstop barrage of random lines that I never liked
>>
>>382522010
>it just isn't for you/10
>>
>>382522010
This. It's like if instead of one left-field joke about "long-dick Johnson", Cass just followed you around the whole game screaming "Large penis! I once knew a man with a large penis, and twice knew a man with an even bigger penis!"
>>
>>382519692
>supported House through the entire game
>Ulysses keeps acting like I'm Mr. NCR

He's so damn poorly written.
>>
>>382522289
You disgusting neutral, it's Bear and Bull. Not Bear, Bull, and Steve.
>>
>>382522249
"My caravan keeps getting dicked over. Reminds me of Long Dick Johnson, he had a extremely long penis. Also had penises for his fingers." x10000
>>
>>382518227
Ulysses is first hyped up as being one step ahead of you everywhere. He was stumping the Think Tank before you were! He was saving Christine before you were! He was outsmarting Elijah before you were! He found all the cool hidden spots before you did! He watches your every move in the Divide - if you can even spot him!. Then he turns out to be an incredibly pompous asshole of Metal Gear Rising caliber except played without any irony, constantly calls you out on being in bed with NCR or Legion even if all you did was one inconsequential fetch quest for them, and the dialog doesn't even have the option of telling him to fuck off.

At least you can blast him in his stupid ass while he's busy posing in front of the flags in his temple.
>>
>>382522249

OWB feels like it was written by the same people who wrote all of Veronica's dialogue.

I couldn't stand that reddit-speak twat even before I heard Felicia Day was the VA. It was like having a character written by Joss Whedon follow you around.
>>
>>382522289
Not to mention you need to be liked by the NCR to do a main quest. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>382522551
This needs to be a mod

>All of Cass' dialog is replaced by Carlos tier puns involving dicks
>>
>>382522249
So you're saying that it's not that the dialogue isn't funny, but that there's just too much of an emphasis on humor to the point where it's unenjoyable? My point is that when fallout is funny it's exactly in the nature OWB is abundant in, calling it stupid or banal is tardomagoo shit
>>
What are some must have mods that still keep the game vanilla?
>>
>>382513190
This game is good and I enjoy it a lot
>>
>played HH for the first time while drunk
>only remember following the marker from one place to the next, killing tribals everywhere
>also there's a mummy and a guy in a hat
I finished it but couldn't tell you what happened, but I remember lotting an old shop.
>>
>>382522590
>and the dialog doesn't even have the option of telling him to fuck off.
This is the most unforgivable part. You can be a smartarse, high INT, tagged speech know-it-all to most characters in the game, but not to this one whose logic is so fucked a child could have pointed it out to him.
>>
>>382522847
>also played lit first time
>blasted follows chalk during initial ambush

I thought it was pretty fun absolutely murdering everyone desu
>>
>>382522665
Which one? I know you get liked by the NCR automatically if you do a peace agreement with the Khans in Boulder.
>>
>>382522847
HH's main quest is so fucking easy you can do it blindfolded on a Guitar Hero controller. good couple of characters though
>>
>>382522708
It's not funny, and the humour is completely discordant to all other games in the series not made by Bethesda.
>>
>>382522847
Take drugs! Kill a bear!
>>
>>382522708
a few things were humorous, but you are fucking pelted by it that it makes me hate it everytime I play. It also feels so out of place for all the other DLCs that are about the consequences of sin-filled life, from greed to vengeance that it is just out of place
>>
>>382523067
>robotfisting isn't the same as penisfingers! I don't just hate it because it's genuinely regarded as the best expansion from NV!
>>
>want to kill Daniel in every HH playthrough
>that means no quests and Joshua disappearing forever

God I hate Daniel.
>>
OWB > DM > LR > HH

OWB was fun as fuck to explore and had some really charming areas/characters. DM had fantastic writing, great characters, and an atmosphere that almost matched some survival horror elements despite some annoying environmental aspects. LR had an interesting environment, some great integration of your choices throughout the main story, and some of the best gear but overall a weak story alongside Ulysses being a let down. HH had some of the best character writing in the game (Joshua, the Survivor throughout logs) and a generally nice looking environment, but consisted nearly entirely of fetch quests, little reason to explore some places, and a story that generally felt limited.

I would say DM was my favorite of them all though. It had serious issues, but I personally enjoyed having my items stripped away and having to scavenge like crazy. Going from being invincible in the main game to being terrified of stepping on another bear trap or running out of bullets was a really interesting switch. I get that some people dislike having their supplies taken away, but I feel like that really helped to highlight all of what your character built up. In DM I finally had a use for making some of those shit weapons at workbenches, scavenging for food items I'd normally never touch, or switching over to melee when I spent most of my time using a rifle. The environment was sometimes annoying to traverse, but it really encouraged the paced and tense atmosphere. I get why people don't like it and I even acknowledge it had issues, but it's still my favorite. Not the best of them overall, but the one I personally enjoyed the most.
>>
>>382523338
one character compared to an entire fucking DLC
>>
>>382523338
>an implication isn't the same as blatantly repeating something obnoxiously juvenile over and over

Exactly.
>>
>>382523339
>throws a shit fit if you kill White Legs
>depressed if you evacuate
Only good thing about him was his hat.
>>
>>382523275
I respect your opinion m8. I always take it as a total detour when I run through it again, it's far better as a reprieve then a piece of the flowing DLC story, although it certainly tries to fit in there at points
>>
>>382523410
>Going from being invincible in the main game to being terrified of stepping on another bear trap or running out of bullets was a really interesting switch
This. It's like being thrust back to the beginning of the game when you're a weak bitch in a big bad world again.
>>
>>382523441
Long dick Johnson, and he had a long dick. Ebin subtlety
>>
>>382523410
Used to hate DM, but after replaying it realized it was made to kick your shit in and made the journey to the end more worth it. But seriously fuck getting to the vault, that was just bullshit.
>>
>>382523556
One line uttered once. Compared to multiple references to penis fingers and penis toes literally blared at you over a loud speaker throughout the DLC.

Nice false equivalence again.
>>
>>382523410
>Going from being invincible in the main game to being terrified of stepping on another bear trap

DM is super unbalanced around character builds and levels. I went into DM with a sneak/energy weapons build and it was way easier than the beginning of the base game since I just sneaked everywhere one-shotting all the ghost people.
>>
>>382523338
It's not just Dala's dialgue. Every robot scientist is like a cartoon written by The Big Bang Theory writing staff.
>>
Dala wanted to get her brain tentacle raped by the Courier's penis fingers
>>
>>382522597
"A girl with stars in her eyes and a pneumatic gauntlet on her wrists"

No one fucking talks like that. It made me actually want her to go back to reminding me she was gay every thirty seconds

>>382522708
That's maybe part of it? At the very least, off-the-Wall humor like that actually has to come out of a surprise. "Long-dick Johnson" coming up in the middle of a discussion about NCR's over ambition and inability to protect trade routes is actually surprising and funny. The screaming brain-robot obnoxiously not understanding people-things for the 80th time is not.

Just, overall contrast stuff like Raul quietly thinking you're an idiot or Caesar turning out to dryly fuck with you after you walked through a base of extremely proper and formal legionaries, to shit like the scientist aggressively screaming about how he hated high school or one character whose entire joke was that he was unintelligible but a skilled character could talk to him anyway
>>
>>382523705
>Obnoxiously juvenile
At least be a non cuck an recognize all the humor you like from the base game is exactly present in OWB. You just don't like that it's essentially the center point of the story, instead of a pleasant detour.
>>
>>382523806
penis fingers.
bazinga
>>
File: 1435761410097.jpg (40KB, 419x333px) Image search: [Google]
1435761410097.jpg
40KB, 419x333px
>>382513190
This.

Big MT was fucking dull as shit. Enemies were more annoying than interesting. Main storyline was pretty garbage too.
>"Hey, can you help us kill this dude?"
>Finally reach the dude
>"Hey, those guys who told you to kill me are the real bad guys, go kill them instead
>Go back
>Kill the five dudes
>The end
>>
>>382515870
>OWB
>interesting characters
what?
>>
>>382513190
Almost.
>>382513324
Perfect.
>>
>>382523973
Go away Todd, I'm still not playing fallout 4 DLC.
>>
>>382522708
fisto is funny
OWB isnt funny
>>
Old world blues was my fave. Then the one with Joshua Graham in it even if it did feel really short. The one with the toxic gas is fucking garbage, i hated it.
>>
>>382523939
>there are 2 shitty lines in the base game
>therefore you have to love the DLC that is full of shitty lines

Fuck off with your cringeworthy "cuck" shit, underagefag. You have a shitty adolescent sense of humour and you can't even argue.
>>
File: lwMYl7X.jpg (17KB, 404x640px) Image search: [Google]
lwMYl7X.jpg
17KB, 404x640px
DM>LR>OWB>HH
>>
>>382522998
The one where you have to protect NCR president.
>>
>>382524037
Har har, very funny.

NV's other DLCs are absolutely fine, just that OWB is like a tumor that shouldn't exist.
>>
>>382524104
>talking shit about DM
>>
>>382524187
all of the DLCs have crippling problems
Dead Money has an absolutely terrible attempt at surivial horror gameplay
honest hearts is rushed as hell
lonesome road is terrible all around
>>
>>382524139
>b-but these bad ones don't count
I want to level with you but you're too fucking dense to even back yourself up. Ebin straw man m8, go complain about rick and Morty to your normal fag friends
>>
whats the best quest name
for me it's
eyesight for the blind
tend to your business
i could make you care
volare
wang dang atomic tango
strategic nuclear moose
>>
>>382513860
>he read the note and still got the story wrong
holy shit why are people so fucking stupid?
it's not
>go kill this guy for revenge
it's
>go find the chip or you're dead

fuck fallout 3 fanboys are dumb as bricks
>>
>>382524319
Render Unto Caesar is pretty good
>>
>OWB
>Listen to brainbots talk for 20 minutes and then go on repetitive fetch quests for two hours and then listen to brainbots talk for 20 minutes again: The DLC

Why do people think OWB is good. It is literally the worst of the DLC. Anyone who thinks the brainbots are entertaining or funny are redditors.
>>
>>382524139
>literally quoting the word cuck

Go neck yourself
>>
>>382523774
Sure, but I feel that each of the DLCs were built around certain play styles. I played a crit sniper (like most people) and found DM to be brutal because guns aren't always great for fighting the ghost people. But then in LR I cleaned the place up because the environments give you tons of space to pick enemies off and you find tons of ammo all over the place.

DM supports energy weapons, melee, and stealth. HH supports melee, hand-to-hand, and guns. OWB supports energy weapons and melee. LR supports guns, explosives, and stealth. Each of the DLCs have parts that challenge players in any build in some capacity. For example, unless you bring a bunch of cells with you on the caravan, HH can be tricky for people who focus entirely on energy weapons. I don't see it really as unbalanced as much as some situations your character can shine, and some they won't.
>>
>>382524392
it wouldn't be that bad if the brain bots weren't agonizing to listen to
>>
>>382513190
Who gives a shit. All are disconnected crap and have no bearing on the actual game. Should just have made the base game better, like adding Legion content, instead of fucking around in tiny little extra maps. The only worthwhile things added by these are the extra perks and traits which could easily be modded in anyway.
>>
General
OWB > DM > HH > LR

Atmosphere
HH > DM > OWB > LR
>>
>>382524513
We all care. It's why we're here and have never left
>>
>>382524513
>All are disconnected crap and have no bearing on the actual game.
Maybe it's for the best, though

Why risk ruining something that's already perfect
>>
>>382524443
Except you can keep your weapons in any dlc except for DM so sneak+energy is always the best build. My first build was speech/barter+companion so I was absolutely fucked by all of them.
>>
>>382524392
There's an option basically two or three options in the end the conversation with them I believe, where Mobius will come up on the screen. As for the second time, you can just shoot them. No need to talk to them or be friendly really, you have the option of hating their guts and killing them in the end. In regards to the tasks, yeah, they're fetch quests. But the appeal of OWB is exploring for the sake of exploring. Going through weird areas where experiments went wrong, finding components for the Sink, and delving into how weird science could get in the Fallout universe.

HH is actually one of the worst of the DLC because not only are all the quests just fetching stuff, but the environment isn't particularly interesting to explore. It consists of caverns and camp sites with tribals and fauna to fight. Although the characters are better, the main story progression is uninteresting.
>>
>>382524443
>Guns aren't viable in DM
>Implying
You get a police pistol the first building you go in, a vending machine code for ammo, a 9mm pistol and Deans hidden suitcases around the place, let alone the big .308 for the big groups.

Their not viable in OWB because DT scorpions and robots everywhere
>>
>>382517005
>expect the stealth suit to be a wearable stealth boy
>it's not, just gives you some sneak points
What a shame
>>
>>382524728
Like I said before, it depends on the DLC. In HH and LR you don't get much in the way of energy weapon ammo. It's limited. So unless you brought a fuck ton with you, it can get iffy. Everything can be mitigated by what you bring with you and how obsessive you are about what you have. But that doesn't mean the point of each DLC supporting certain playstyles more than others is gone. Like I said, not unbalanced, but they allow some players to shine more than others between each DLC.
>>
>HH

Looks great, has a pleasant atmosphere, has places not filled with enemies, has dialogue, has choices, encourages you to explore by not filling every spot with enemies.

>DM

Has a great story and characters but is ruined with the constant threat and lack of space spots. Would be extremely good if they eased on the traps, gas, radios and ghosts and had a place other than police station for resting. It's not that hard, but you get the feeling "oh god, not this shit again" when ever they decide to spawn 5 ghosts next to you, or the collar starts beeping.

>LR

shoot, shoot shoot, advance, blow something up, shoot, shoot, shoot, nigger talks in cryptic manner, shoot, shoot, shoot, kill nigger, fight deathclaws, it's over. Boring/10

OWB

45 minutes of absolute reddit tier comedy in the beginning makes you wish you hadn't gone there. After you're through that, you get to fight 1000hp enemies all over the place, and every possible explorable location is filled with these cunts so you're wondering if you even want to visit locations not essential to the plot.

Biggest problem with most of the DLC's is the fact that they don't work like the main game has always worked. It's a good balance between hostility and safe places with non-hostile npc's to talk to, yet all the dlc's apart from HH have nothing but hostile enemies. Fighting has never been the #1 thing in Fallout games so it's fucking retarded to base all the additional content on fighting.
>>
>>382524976
>HH
>Looks great
get your eyes checked, it has some of the worst environment art I've seen in a commerical game
>>
>>382524775
I didn't say they weren't viable, I said they aren't as supported. The pistols are kinda shit and require you to blow off body parts, which makes melee and energy weapons more effective sometimes. Also, which the .308 weapon is useful the ammo is more expensive. Theoretically, a player on a harder difficult may struggle to balance buying pistol ammo, rifle ammo, and healing items with the amount of enemies you face. Whereas melee and energy weapons have less supply needs.

They are viable and I've mostly used guns in DM. But melee and energy weapons are way more effective with what you get.
>>
>>382524976
the reason HH and DM are the two best. The dialogue isn't only at the beginning and end
>>
>>382524728
Sneak+energy is difficult in the beginning of the game, and you have to go into HH with your own energy weapons and a shit ton of ammo if you want to use them (hell, they even reference this when you take the quest)
>>
I unironically enjoyed the writing in OWB and found the shenanigans of the robots to be fun. Even more so when you explore their houses/offices to find what they were like originally and how that reflects in their current form. Talking to them was fun for me personally. I enjoyed Dr. 0's stupidity over putting a slash through the number, the robot orgasm bullshit, the ways you could help or manipulate the one who couldn't speak, and other interactions with them.

I don't get why anything that's goofy or not mature has to be considered shit or "reddit-tier". Goddamn people, lighten up.
>>
>>382524976
>you get to fight 1000hp enemies all over the place

This is the problem with other DLCs too if you go there at a high level. Enemy HP scaling becomes ridiculous beyond level 40.
>>
>>382525276
It's not whether it's goofy or not, it's simply about quality. OWB's humour seems like it was written by a teenager.
>>
>>382525276
penis fingers
>>
>>382523973
You don't even have to kill the Think Tank
>>
>>382525415
Give an argument that isn't related to this line
>>
>>382525382
Yeah, the robots act childish and uninformed of the outside world. They're so stuck in their loop of self-obsession and experimentation with odd subjects that they've become nearly insane. Each interaction has goofy stuff, but that makes sense with their characters. It's immature, and they're immature. They're children in a play pen. Even Mobius comments on how they're basically idiots that have to be contained both for their own safety and so that they don't fuck up the entire Mojave with their insanity.

They even have some interesting interactions, like the one doctor's care for animals and how it connects to what he does now. The writing is fine, it just takes a more humorous take on the subjects. Considering how the other DLCs reflect Fallout's themes of destruction, human egocentrism, the constant need for superiority, and other darker issues, having one that reflects its goofy side is nice.
>>
>>382525415
What about them? Its a joke since fingers/toes do just look like fleshy masses pointing forward like a penis. Considering their complete detachment from humans/human anatomy, their confusion leads to both a joke and a way to highlight how uninformed they are.

Yeah, it's random and dumb. But it's not bad writing because they said the word penis in a normally serious game.
>>
DM > HH > OWB > LR
OWB gives you too much OP shit in the end, so it feels more like end-game content. I thought that it was the most boring DLC for NV, but then I've played LR.
>>
>>382525627
OWB is completely out of play thematically for the New Vegas DLCs. HH is about a man coming to terms with his past and either moving on and not succumbing to his inner demons, or being consumed by hatred, the exact opposite of his belief system. Dead Money is about man's greed, and how when faced with a worthy prize, people will not hesitate to kill and betray allies. LR is weaker, but is about the effect one person can have on the world, whether they know it or not. Then OWB is about some crazy robots. It's feels like it doesn't belong and if you like how the other DLCs were made, you won't like OWB as much.
>>
>>382525973
I liked OWB and also liked the other DLCs themes and ideas. OWB wasn't just about crazy robots. It was about how people can get so stuck in their own ways, so detached from what they were, that they don't realize what the world is actually like. That what were once human beings can become nearly deranged in their own constant need for discovery, that it reaches a point of destruction and insanity viewed by others around them. OWB is more comical and goofy than the other ones, but that doesn't mean it has no message.

You can say that message was unappealing or lost in the humor. Hell, you can say because it didn't match the tone set by the other DLCs it was weaker. But saying OWB is just about crazy robots and doesn't belong is bullshit.
>>
>>382525973
It's totally not about prewar mankinds ingenuity and the dangerous affects that unrelenting mindset can have in the microcosm of an echo chamber that is big MT
No it's crazy robots
>>
>>382526179
I can see that being an underlying message. Unfortunately all that the player gets is the jokes. The humor would have been better if they were just a little more subtle
>>
>>382525973
>about some crazy robots
I must've missed the part where it didn't delve into how truly despicable some aspects of Pre-War research were, including preforming experiments on unwilling Chinese prisoners locked inside internment camps.
>>
>>382526294
The "player" is myself and others like you. And I got those messages even throughout blunt jokes and comedy. The messages came across regardless, even more so because of just how blatant their insanity/detachment was. A person who is deranged to the point of thinking that processing humans through lobotomies is normal is not subtle.

If you think the humor was bad, sure, that's subjective. I enjoyed it, but that's for each person to decide. But the message comes through regardless of whether you like the way it's presented.
>>
>>382526540
I actually missed that part. I missed all the interesting aspects of OWB because I wanted to speed through the DLC after cringing like hell to the doctors and being fed up with bullet sponge enemies.

I sort of want to go back and learn all the sciency stuff but it feels sucha tedious task.
>>
>>382518227
>Ulysses
>antagonist
You're the antagonist, Ulysses is the true main character, you just trace his path and arrive to a lackluster conclusion with muh bear and muh bull
>>
Any tip for an unarmed run? How can deal with cazadores and deathclaws?
>>
>>382522902
It's because he was Chris Avellones Mouthpiece and we can't have people disagreeing with him!
>>
>>382527626
Unarmed
>Two Step Goodbye (GRA) or Industrial Fist (LR)
Deathclaws
>Same as above
Cazadores
>Synthetic Heart (Immune to poison) and Cazadeath Dealer V3 + Cazadore Implant (+40% damage to cazadores)
>>
>>382513190
LR=HH>>>>>>OWB>>>>>>>>>>[Power Gap]>>>>>>DM
>>
I prefer Dead Money. The gameplay can be annoying but since most will play it by the point they're walking death machines, it throws you back to a challenging situation, more focused on the survival aspect than shooting everything in sight with your biggest weapon. The whole gas thing was annoying but it gave a nice risk/reward feeling where you had to consider your actions instead of running in at your own pace and just sticking as many stimpacks you had gathered throughout the game.
Thematically though, its perfect. The main game already set up the letting go aspect, with the whole Las Vegas, gambling, knowing when to quit, the house always wins, etc. Dead Money felt like the perfect encapsulation of it. And considering where Fallout as a franchise is going, Dead Money serves, for me, as the perfect message to the franchise.
Let go of Fallout.
>>
File: 1489157152905.jpg (70KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489157152905.jpg
70KB, 1366x768px
>install TTW after finishing NV fully (50lvl and shit)
>travel to DC
>mfw Albino Radscorpions
Level scaling was a mistake.
>>
>>382529115
But 4 is the best game in the series...
>>
File: e92.jpg (99KB, 1280x1267px) Image search: [Google]
e92.jpg
99KB, 1280x1267px
>>382529487
>>
>>382529115
>get to Sierra Madre
>get banned from the casino after 5 minutes
>have all the stimpaks I'd ever need in my life
>>
>>382527626
>get Stonewall and all chem related perks
>equip armor with high DT
>trip on Med-X, Slasher and Battle Brew at once
>laugh as even legendary deathclaws can't out-damage a MRE now
>>
>>382529594
I prefer weapon repair kits you get enough stimpacks by end game anyway but unless you went into repair and carry around a bunch of useless shit to make them your always going to need them for easier repairs
>>
>>382529889
Honestly at endgame you can easily max most skills at 100 and have jury rigging which is one of the best perks in the game
>>
File: 1497040981111.jpg (33KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497040981111.jpg
33KB, 300x384px
>>382513190
Close anon,
DM>HH>LR>>>>>OWB

>There are people who unironically like OWB
>>
>>382513860
>shoots Powder Ganger guy in the head, possibly antagonizing the rest of the gang
>wooooooow, I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that

The quest about this later is completely different. You don't kill one Powder Ganger, you kill a bunch of them, scaring away the rest of the gang.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.