[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good games featuring political intrigue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1477205898982.png (918KB, 518x963px) Image search: [Google]
1477205898982.png
918KB, 518x963px
What are some good games featuring political intrigue?
>>
Deus Ex is the only game you need.
>>
shadow president
>>
Crusader Kangz 2
>>
Long Live the Queen.
>>
>>382510612

I always thought Machiavelli was this based as fuck guy but it turns out he wasn't even Machiavellian.

He spent a number of years living on house arrest because he wasn't as slick as The Prince he wrote about.

Dat smirk thou
>>
>>382511206
The politics in this game is so fun.
Brin a best.
>>
>>382511560
Machiavelli was an advisor with years of experience, he just got fucked during a change of management. The popularity and genius of The Prince is evidence of his brilliance.

Though desu a good deal of people have hypothesized that Machiavelli was secretly a republican.
>>
>>382511560
Not all "great"* philosophers practiced what they wrote about. A lot of the Greeks were guilty of this, Socrates went so far as to claim that in a perfect society, the born-weak and defective along with the old should be killed to improve society. Shame it never happened

*Great as in regarded great. Not my opinion on Machiavelli.
>>
>>382511747
It actually probably is the best choice-based plot-driven court politics game currently out. Many people will say "But what about Crusader Kings 2", but CKII is a sandbox that's concerned with a lot more than just simulating the events and interactions of members of a single court in detail, and ultimately you'll always be a ruler concerned with the bigger picture and strategy gameplay rather than just a scheming courtier in a guided story.

Only other game like it I could find was one of the Choice Of CYOA games whose demo allowed me to go as far as start an affair with the Queen and later on murder the sickly king to become King Regent
>>
>>382511560
He was plenty slick before the Medicis came in.
There's only so much control an advisor has over these things.
>>
>>382511868
>Socrates went so far as to claim that in a perfect society, the born-weak and defective along with the old should be killed to improve society.

Sparta?
>>
>>382511206
>>382511747
It's been a while since I played it but wasn't that the game where you train your princess in shit and try to avoid death but she dies from random shit?

I don't remember political intrigue in it. But again, haven't played it in years.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.