[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /v/ against piracy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

Why is /v/ against piracy?
>>
Let's say you own a pizza store

And then a bum comes into your store and steals all your pizzas and starts to give them out for free

Would YOU be okay with that?
>>
>PHONEFAGS
>>
>>382510495
>steals
>ohboyherewegoagain.jpg
>>
>>382510495
ah so you own nintendo or some shit

cool
>>
>>382510506
who are you quoting
>>
>>382510495
>food analogy
>>
File: Tanya Look.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Tanya Look.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>382510495
You wouldn't steal someones kidney would you?
>>
>>382510749
No but i would clone it then start seeding kidney.organ for everyone who wants it.
>>
>>382510851
Not everyone deserves a kidney
>>
>>382510851

Then copy and distribute your own kidney instead of somebody elses.
>>
>>382510408
Because they're unappreciative shits who hate classic games.

And considerate people who make things like the minimig, mame, dosbox, and so on.
>>
>>382510408
Let's say you own your DNA right? Your DNA is yours, no doubt. Now you make a copy of that DNA all the time because you need to survive. But if someone came along and cultured cells containing your DNA that would be heresy! It's like you signing a piece of paper and someone copy that paper, now they have a copy of your signature?? Who knows what they can do??? With both your DNA and your signature you are FUCKED. Now imagine you made some chocolate milk to calm down, but your little brother makes the exact same chocolate milk ?? Omfg, you owned that. So you beat your brothers and then what? That's right, p-piracy.
>>
File: yhallothar.jpg (339KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
yhallothar.jpg
339KB, 768x1024px
>>382510495
So fucking what, it's mostly just a flavored baguette, what the hell does that matter? Why, of all things do you drag in something trivial like that?

Still, on the other hand, I will actually make my answer NO, but only because i wouldn't want all those cows who had to make the cheese to be working for free.
>>
>>382510408
So I have the cure for cancer right? It was really hard to make, but making copies of it is completely free. So since I'm a good guy, I will arrest anyone trying to cure themselves of cancer by making a copy.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (32KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
32KB, 400x462px
>>382510851
>>382511073
>>382511508
You dumb fucks, what the hell makes you count on having the rights to your own DNA? Are you in the DNA management business? Do you deal with people in the DNA handling industry? Thought not. DNA rights ain't yours! Hands off society's precious supply of kidneys!
>>
>>382511787
So I would rather deny others happiness than suffer p-piracy.
>>
>>382511686
You're a fucking idiot. A regurgitated, post-religious shit clutching stupid beliefs in SALVATION and HEROISM and kludging them together into setups that make no fucking sense.

There's no such thing as a cure for cancer, there won't be, the medical industry will on the whole get far worse, we could stamp out 80% of cancer if we wanted to - with preventative measures, society is just addicted to the drama of imperilled people being preshusly cared for.
>>
>>382512245
desu Just live a healthy life style, & most of the problems go away.
>>
>>382511861
And what makes you still act like it's yours to deny? The universe gives the finger to your feels.
>>
I am now that Steam refunds are a thing. Makes devs focus more on catering to consoles where piracy isn't so rampant. Hence all the unoptimized shit, and DRM. You only have yourselves to blame.
>>
File: 1495544616680.png (238KB, 720x556px) Image search: [Google]
1495544616680.png
238KB, 720x556px
>>382510495
I wouldn't steal from your store, because that's directly harming someone else. Stealing a game from a huge, soulless corporation is so far removed from being human, that I don't feel bad about it. Also, I only really pirate games from shitty companies/devs, so I REALLY don't feel bad about it.
>>
Let's say you're hosting a music festival and someone breaks into your music festival as part of their documentary of breaking into music festivals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtuap6evX2k
>>
>>382512530

Great show of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>382512940
How so? I don't feel bad for stealing because I want them to lose business.
>>
>>382513000

This is why you deserve to be jailed, child.
>>
File: 1490485781863.jpg (145KB, 1010x767px) Image search: [Google]
1490485781863.jpg
145KB, 1010x767px
>>382510495
>Food analogy
>>
>nobody's posted 'don't worry about cloning this bullet motherfucker'
>>
>>382510408
Because i'm not a self entitled ass.

In my experience most pirates fall into one of three catagories

1."I don't want to pay money for it". The most respectable, They are going to be asshole but at least they are honest about it.

2. "HAHA big publishers suck I'm really sticking it to em by not paying for their games!!!" Mental gymnastics. If you actually cared, just stop playing the games all together. You will survive without playing the newest ubi game, and you won't be giving free advertising to ubi for every time someone watches you play or you talk about the game.

3. "It doesn't cost (company) any money to send me the files why should I pay them?". Complete tards, don't have any basic understanding of economics or math.

and a special mention to the forth type, the people who pirate in order to demo a game. 100% respectable.
>>
>>382514208
>Mental gymnastics. If you actually cared, just stop playing the games all together. You will survive without playing the newest ubi game, and you won't be giving free advertising to ubi for every time someone watches you play or you talk about the game.
i think [game] looks fun, but it has shit DLC, a jew publisher and it's overpriced. i can play it, enjoy it, and not talk about it or pay for it. how would i benefit from not playing it, then? do you literally work for ubisoft?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.