[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon's Dogma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (3KB, 212x119px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 212x119px
So, I'm 4 hours into Dragons Dogma (I'm at the Encampent, I killed the Hydra and haven't left yet, finishing up sidequests n such)
and I don't get why people are bitching?
So far it's standard RPG fare stuff. I assume it gets more in-depth later, like usual. What are peoples problems with this game? So far the Pawn system seems pretty not bad.
I dunno. Looks pretty good to me. The combat is really good, too. /v/ was right. (as is generally the case)
>>
The inventory system sucks in my opinion.
>>
Some people just shit on games that the majority likes for no reason other than to be contrarian.
It's also why we have multiple threads daily about people saying they don't like dark souls. It's usually the same couple retards baiting for replies.
>>
>>382506865
>some people
You mean a good portion of /v/?
>>
>>382506841
The problem i have is with the retarded and useless items you make not the inventory itself, they should have polished more the crafting system
>>
>>382506386
They're usually just casual and don't make it to gran soren, which is when the game starts to kick off
Also people who collect everything or bring everything with them bitch about the inventory system
>>
>>382506386
>I've killed the hydra
no you didn't
>>
>>382506980
No, it's literally just a couple faggots who are on here 24/7.
>>
>>382506386
no fast travel hand-holding, you have to explore on your own and find out what to do without being told. just standard casual filters.

I bought it a few days ago and just got to gran soren.
>>
File: arisen.png (1MB, 763x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arisen.png
1MB, 763x1080px
It'll get fun once you reach Gran Soren, and you can pick a specialty class.

Bandits will steamroll you at lower levels, so it's best to run past them if you're having troubles.
(A group of bandits blocks the road to a forest that holds a couple side-quests. But, if you wait until you're high enough level to kill the bandits, the quests will probably be expired by then.)

The further you get, the more intense and fun the battles are. I hope you have the Dark Arisen version of the game, since Bitterblack Island is fantastic stuff.
>>
>>382507364
Except there is fast travel, they made it even easier in DA
People are just too stupid to understand anything beyond looking at their map and pressing A
>>
>>382506386
The game calculates damage like this

Your Damage: 5
Enemy Defense: 5
Damage you deal if you hit that monster:0

If you get 6 damage while the enemy has 5 defense you'll be doing 1 damage, and so on.

For that sole reason, I'm not playing that game because it means you will at one point have to grind for a weapon just to deal some damage to an enemy, i'm not gonna grind in a singleplayer game. Also I heard that the pawn AI sucks.

>inb4 someone calls me a "casual"
>>
why does everyone say the warrior vocation sucks

I had a fun time two handing a big ass hammer while my sorcerer pawn buffed me up
>>
>you will at one point have to get a new weapon to do worthwhile damage do the enemy
woah... almost like every other rpg...
>>
>>382507224
I didn't?
It looked like a hydra. It had a bunch of heads and attacked the Encampment and shit.
>>
>try to make a shota pawn
>"young" voice is the regular voice pitched up like it's on helium
this is one of my biggest pet peeves
>>
>>382507385
Where would this forest be located?
>>
>>382507576
fuck off casual

and pawn AI is probably the most advanced AI of any video game companion. they learn from what you do so of course they will suck if you're a worthless casual
>>
>>382507746
Well you didn't kill it
You cut off a single head
>>
>>382507746
you only cut off one head and then it leaves
>>
>Fashion Dogma right
>Level 3 BBI gears have such a performance gap between the other weapons
>Even getting unique enchantments
>Look like shit
Why did they do this?
>>
>>382507991
>>382508012
Ooh...
Gotcha.
>>
File: Hydra.png (17KB, 1084x494px) Image search: [Google]
Hydra.png
17KB, 1084x494px
>Multi headed snake
>Cut one off and think the whole beast died
Would be fun to encounter one in the wild, not in an arena area like the Frontier Caverns, Everfall and the BBI areas
>>
File: depressedgirl.jpg (47KB, 593x593px) Image search: [Google]
depressedgirl.jpg
47KB, 593x593px
>>382507927
>>
>>382507597
It's great if there are enemies that you can knock down, but you don't have as many options as all the other classes. As a warrior, I spent a great deal of time waiting around for enemies to let me hit them, but as an assassin, I could at least shoot things that fly or pick off a goblin at the other end of a battle field instead of lumbering after him.
>>
File: DA100.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DA100.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>382508786
There's only been two times I've regretted playing Warrior
>Flying enemies especially Wyverns
>Magic enemies like Wraiths and Living Armors
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.