[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth the buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: risingstormvietnam.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
risingstormvietnam.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
I hear its plagued with glitches and lacks content, although to be fair its a new game.
>>
File: IMG_20170701_164252.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_164252.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
Glitches aren't that common but I've run into a few invisible walls.
There is zero content for this game right now. Just the same three maps over and over.
>>
>>382503880

If you're going to buy it, get the Digital Deluxe Edition from Kinguin, it's only about $12.
>>
File: ArPLH8S[1].png (55KB, 642x157px) Image search: [Google]
ArPLH8S[1].png
55KB, 642x157px
The most obvious bug I've seen has been the player model when they operate the mounted machine gun (dushka?). On some servers rounds don't end properly and you have to wait and that can be annoying. Sometimes I don't hear the spooky sounds properly as well. Game is CPU intensive right now and only uses one core (lol) but they said they're going to make it use more of a GPU's power to compensate for this fact.

Got 290 hours in RO2/RS1 and it's a good game. Community can be cancer sometimes (more so than ro2/rs was) over the mic but nothing a mute can't fix. Game has 5 maps. The supremacy maps are the most replayable in my opinion.
>>
>>382504685
>Game is CPU intensive right now and only uses one core (lol) but they said they're going to make it use more of a GPU's power to compensate for this fact.
wtf
>>
>>382505172

By CPU intensive I mean the kind of CPU you have determines your frame rate. A CPU with good single thread performance will achieve high framerates in this game. AKA the newest intel CPUs. Because UE3 uses one core lol
>>
>>382503880
>I hear its plagued with glitches and lacks content
The latter is true to an extent, there just aren't that many maps and gametypes, but it's not bad. Maps are huge and some gametypes have different "tiers" to them, so you fight in different areas as the game goes on. Games last quite awhile and you can really vary the gameplay by messing with different weapons and classes.

I've been lucky with glitches myself. Had one crash in 30 hours of play, and besides some weird frame drops for the first 20 seconds when I enter games every now and then it's running bretty gud and my PC is 4 years old.

Also, can I shill my shitty montage here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sOsHOJoNJc
>>
Honestly I am not mad that I [spoilers]pre-ordered this game a week before it was cut off[/spoilers]

I am really miffed by the lack of good maps though
>>
>>382505951
well, the maps we do have are pretty good I just wish there were more of them
>>
Anyone here have experience with Project Reality?
I was interested in RS2 but it doesn't look much different than any of the other run-and-gun fps games (ie solo mode with little teamwork).
>>
>>382506339
they're not run and gun
>>
File: tumblr_njqqr1EW1s1tiwa1fo1_400.gif (2MB, 344x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njqqr1EW1s1tiwa1fo1_400.gif
2MB, 344x240px
>>382506249
I just want more Supremacy maps.

I love territories but Supremacy is just slightly better.
>>
>>382506339
>I was interested in RS2 but it doesn't look much different than any of the other run-and-gun fps games
It really isn't anywhere near like popular run and gun shooters. If you've played games like Insurgency or DoI, it's a step further to milsim than those two, but not straight up ARMA.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.