[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does a game become artificially difficult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

When does a game become artificially difficult?
>>
>>382497074
when you can't avoid damage in any possible way
>>
>>382497074
When you fight 3 damage sponge bosses at once.
>>
>>382497074

>>382497546
This
>>
In the case of Souls games, health sponge enemies designed solely to prolong the fight for such an insane length of time that you merely get sloppy by trying to make the tedium end quicker, frequent and numerous delayed animations designed solely to catch you offguard by having an enemy behave in an unconvincing manner, enemies that fuck with the abysmal camera, and enemies that simply don't stop attacking and seemingly have infinite stamina.
>>
>>382497749
*And they kill you in 1-2 hits
>>
>>382497074
When it's too hard for me
>>
>>382497074
It never does because its a made up term by shitty players who have to come up with a excuse that isn't them not being good enough.
>>
>>382497546
This, but also if there aren't clear signs of upcoming damage even though it could technically be avoided
For example the drop into the Nito boss fight. You can avoid the fall damage through spells and iirc a ring, but the first time you do it there's no clear indicator that the fall is large enough to take damage no would you expect it when entering a boss fight
>>
>>382497074
When the degree of difficulty is built out of some contrivance. Because games are fundamentally systems of rules with determined end states this means artificial difficulty is something imposed which does not natively arise from the game's ruleset.
>>
>>382498283
The fall itself maybe artificial difficulty, but resisting the urge to immediately chug an estus is an actual test of skill.
>>
File: 1498763219656.jpg (102KB, 771x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498763219656.jpg
102KB, 771x900px
>>382497074

When you play like shit and use made up terms that have no place in games with no difficulty settings.

Artificial difficulty means the higher difficulty settings don't actually make the game harder, just more tedious. For example enemies don't actually have better gear or better AI, they just become bullet-sponges.

That's what artificial difficulty is. Not "oh I played like shit, better claim artificial difficulty as if I'm DSP" nonsense Soulsfags constantly spew.
>>
>>382498806

/thread
>>
>>382497074
When damage is unavoidable or it randomly breaks the standard rules of the game unless it's supposed to happen.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.