[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We made it Simon! We really made it. So how first do we begin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: Catherine.png (197KB, 342x514px)
Catherine.png
197KB, 342x514px
>We made it Simon! We really made it. So how first do we begin these THOUSAND years together?
>>
How do have sex with the same person for a thousand years and not get bored?
>>
File: 1495466734109.jpg (11KB, 287x98px)
1495466734109.jpg
11KB, 287x98px
>>382493519
>>
>>382493574

Lets say you only have sex half of those thousand years. Thats still 500 years of you trying to masturbate to something different every time.
>>
File: somatitle.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
somatitle.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>Uhh...
>Play poker?
>>
>>382493872
>when you realize Simon 3 actually won since he can find a way to kill himself
>if the ARK malfunctions, Simon 4 will be subject to a thousand years of hell
>>
I can only think how bad the ARK is/was going to end.

Adrift in space, living a simulation that may be sped up to keep with the centuries, or the AIs going insane and making modifications to the simulation until it's nothing like they started.

And then a meteor crashes into it and it's gone.
>>
I was dissipointed: I was hoping that the ark was infected by a virus that made it endless torture for the copies on it.
>>
>>382493519
Considering she can alter everything in the reality, she'll just change herself to be whoever you want. And so will you. Welcome to paradise.
>>
>>382494080

Would you rather SOMA 2 be aliens finding the ARK and uploading them into robot bodies or Simon 4 experiencing IHNMAIMS levels of digital terror?
>>
>>382494323
Digital terror, followed by the discoverie of the ARK by the ayylamaos
>>
>>382494292
>its a Simon doesnt want to reveal his pedo urges episode so he craftilly and patiently asks Catherine every 25 years to lower her age a year until she is already 13 years old so she doesnt see much difference when he asks her to be 12 episode
>>
>>382494323
I would like more SOMA2 about the WAU finding Simon in the abyss and making him able to walk the devastated lands above, only to find how the WAU has been assimilating everything in the world and evolving it to "keep it alive" below a blackened ashen sky.
>>
>>382494292
She can't change everything, there's a point in the game in which you have to choose what assets you want to download to the ARK.
>>
>>382494602
>WAU and Simon3 become gods of the new world

Neat.
>>
>>382494080
I really would like a sequel to this game set in the Ark. It would be about the people slowly going insane from the pointlessness of their existence. But they can't die, so every time they kill themselves, they respawn in the same fake world. It could devolve into an endless orgy of violence, punctuated by periods of depression.
>>
>>382494867
>>WAU and Simon3 become gods of the new world
>Neat.
Simon and WAU reach a consensus of defining "reality" itself
The game is about becoming the new creators of life
Humanity is rewritten in shape and form into glorious progress
>>
>>382494602
Great idea for a game that will never happen... :(
>>
>>382495126

Thats beautifully fucked up but I dont see how you could conclude that story though
>>
>>382495326
>Great idea for a game that will never happen

Dont tell me Frictional Games gave up the universe already? I really enjoyed that promo mini-series on it. Kind of a waste
>>
>>382495126
>Remember that Catherine said that she was thinking into writing AIs in the ARK to simulate sons and daughters
>A second generation of simulacrums
>They know they're not real, or they think they're more real than their fathers
>Civil war against the AIs start from both sides not trusting each other to define "existence"
>Madness ensues, who's an original scan and who's an AI, things get blurry
>The ARK has found a destination
>But nobody knows if this is true or someone wants to destroy their little universe with it
>>
>>382495430
Find a way to shut down the ARK.
>>
File: Transmissions.png (822KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Transmissions.png
822KB, 719x1000px
>>382495612

Before anyone asks yes theres a mini series : https://youtu.be/L8I_J2VjsqQ

I could see one being made on the ARK if they raised money again for a good enough budget
>>
>>382495808

It would literally just end like Sopranos though if you think about it.
>>
>>382495430
No need to conclude. Make it a Groundhog Day type thing when at first everything seems normal, but then people around start doing the most crazy shit. Every day gets more insane than the last one. One could even make a procedurally generated game based on this idea. IHNMAIMS meets Groundhog Day meets Philip Dick.
>>
>>382495612
It's not really giving up on the universe, they just probably want to go make another horror game in another setting rather than sticking with Soma.
>>
>>382495612
Thomas Grip now is kind of obsessed with designing "the perfect game". I don't like where he is going with that... Soma didn't sell well enough I guess?
>>
File: .jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>382496085
>procedurally generated game
Ya lost me
>>
>>382494323
Simon, abandoned at the bottom of the sea, angrily launches himself into space through sheer butthurt and snags the ARK out of space.

The game is about being inside the ARK as Simon begins fucking with it. Turning it from a paradise into a nightmare as he begins to destroy it. At the end he sentences everyone to an eternity of torture and suffering.

Then he throw it into the sun. The momentum launching him into deep space by accident.
>>
>>382496085

>every day becomes increasingly like Crossed since people need to do even more fucked up shit to stimulate their endorphin release
>>
>>382496616
>HATE? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HATE.
>>
>>382496660
>Crossed
what?
>>
File: 1497150503420.jpg (22KB, 585x398px) Image search: [Google]
1497150503420.jpg
22KB, 585x398px
>>382496616
Holy fuck I need someone to draw this
>>
>>382492892
I hope they installed some Holo-deck powers in the ark.

That cityscape is gonna get old after a few weeks.
>>
>>382497036

I would story time it but the gore is so over the top I would probably get banned
>>
I remember the ARG for this game was dope as fuck. Does Soma live up to the Penumbra: Overture and BP name though? Still haven't played it.
>>
>>382499459
Gameplay is really basic, art design is fantastic and the plot is good if you can get over how insufferably stupid the protagonist can be at times. It's even more of a walking sim than the Penumbra games but it's still pretty good.
>>
>>382499459
Yeah it's like Penumbra BP but everything is 10 times better, especially the story. No more typos in notes...
>>
>>382499459
It's Frictional Games masterpiece and one of the best vidya i've played. Gameplay it may be described as a walking sim like Penumbra but everything else is really good.
>>
>>382500051
The gameplay is really the worst thing about SOMA. They really keep trying with their "don't look at it" approach to monster design but the bad guys in SOMA are just not scary in the slightest, so you spend most of your time just looking at the floor while you crab walk around them. And hey, if they see you they are really easy to get away from, and even if they get you there's no lost progress so whatever right?
>>
This video gives me big SOMA vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAjHTno8fbY
>>
>>382494323
>SOMA 2
I really hope they don't make another one. It would dilute the story too much.
>>
>>382499459
Your character is the dumbest fuck to have ever fucked. They couldn't figure out a good ending so they just bumped his IQ down a few notches. There's not really any gameplay to speak of.

If you're cool with story driven crawling simulators it's decent. Probably their best all things said.
>>
>>382500679

Existential dread is the best horror. Surprised SOMA was the first to use it
>>
I still believe that if SOMA had actual gameplay and handled Simon a bit better it would be loved on here
>>
>>382502787
>if SOMA fixed the two things wrong with it it'd be loved on here.
I could see that.
>>
>>382504187

If only two thing are wrong with your game thats an accomplishment. The visuals and sound design are so grand its just a shame that Simon being an idiot takes up most discussion every thread.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.