[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo blocks update for 3rd-party game on Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: nintendo outdated policies.jpg (456KB, 719x1607px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo outdated policies.jpg
456KB, 719x1607px
>patch is needed for switch version to restore online mode and low resolution
>other platforms (pc, ps4, xbone) patched without issues
>switch patch has been ready for weeks
>blocked by nintendo due to size
>all this because nintendo's retarded decision of putting only 32gb (26gb free) in the switch

Good luck with that big 3rd-party support Nintendo!
>>
Both companies are at fault to be fair.

Nintendo's fucking retarded patch size rules and putting only 32gb in their system.

And the company for releasing an unfinished product in the first place.

In other news Ubisofts Steep port for Switch is on brink of being cancelled as their struggling to getting it running.

3rd parties can't even get games running at 720p30fps. Great sign of the next 5 years of switch support right?
>>
File: travis strikes again bitches.jpg (126KB, 600x979px) Image search: [Google]
travis strikes again bitches.jpg
126KB, 600x979px
>>382487845
They've already gotten all the 3rd party support I need
>>
>>382489097
>He thinks NMH3 will be a thing

It's going to be a smash slot or some shitty indie game or something. Besides, Sudas a fucking hack now anyway
>>
>>382489192
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/no-heroes-switch-completely-new-not-launching-2017
try harder my boy
>inb4 it's gematsu so it doesn't count
>>
>it's Nintendo's fault that third parties releaese unfinished games
>>
>>382489192
>However, the script will be completely written by me, and for the first time in 10 years, I’m also doing the direction

Fucking hype son
>>
>>382487648
I honestly completely forgot about this game
>>
>>382487648
I still am baffled at how low memory Nintendo keeps their consoles.

32GB
>>
>>382489406
>>382489492
Well I certainly got BTFO.
>>
>>382490182
That's the way it is with portable devices. Look at how much storage phones and tablets have and how much they jump in price for bigger storage models.
>>
Biggest issue is the original game size being 7gb. They planned on reducing the game size to 3.5gb because the patch was 3.5 as well, but problem is they cant do that because the switch currently cant redo file sizes. So the big issues are that the company released an unfinished game without knowing how patches worked, and that nintendo needs to find a way to allow game sizes to be altered without losing data.
>>
>>382490182
It's because it uses mobile parts. What are they suppose to do, shove a 1TB SSD in it? 32gb is standard in phones and tablets.
>>
It has microsd support.

You can get 100% more memory for like $5. Nintendo need to fucking get a grip. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>382491695
At least they could have given us 64gb or 128gb. Nothing uses 32gb anymore unless it's a $100 burner phone.
>>
>>382491859
It would be more than $299 then.
>>
>>382491993
Please. The thing's overpriced as it is.
>>
>it's Nintendo fault trying to block a broken bloated unfinished patch.
>>
>>382487648
What’s the size limit? Kinda worrying for Rocket League which has frequent patches of 1-3GB
>>
>>382491859
Apple's still using 32GB in their $329.99 iPads.
>>
>>382491859
The iphone 7. And the upcoming iPhone 8.
>>
>>382492215
And Apple is also upselling those things like crazy, if anything that's just proof of how much money goes towards literally nothing when buying a switch
>>
>>382491859
There's less competition for the 32GBs which they can barely get as is.
>>
File: 1qzma4ho1_400.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1qzma4ho1_400.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>still expecting 3rd party support post 5th-gen
>>
>>382492295
Nintendo's selling the Switch for barely over the manufacturing cost. If it was Apple selling them, they'd be $600 or more.
>>
>>382492295
So it's okay if Apple does it?
>>
>>382491568
Why not just reupload the game to the eShop and have people redownload it?
>>
>>382490182

Reggie said in an interview regarding the Wii U that the reason they do that is because prices for storage tend to drop fast so they would rather let the consumer buy it themselves so they get what they want for less.
>>
>nintendo's distribution platform and policies are total garbage
nothing new here
>>
>release a 7GB game
>realize you fucked up
>instead of delaying game to make better use of a 32GB cartridge, release game anyway
>add a few more GB in an update
>gets denied, Nintendo is fucking your sales because you're a shitty developer
>blame Nintendo
>>
>>382492605
We established that years ago
>>
>developer is a hack for not better optimizing their game
>Nintendo are hacks for thinking 32 GB should be the standard for anything, when even a cheap smartphone should have a minimum of 100 GB of space

Both are trash. Next.
>>
File: what.jpg (16KB, 216x310px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16KB, 216x310px
>>382494636
>when even a cheap smartphone should have a minimum of 100 GB of space
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.