[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Pokémon was about adventure, exploring the map,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 68

File: Union Cave Lapras.png (559KB, 532x479px) Image search: [Google]
Union Cave Lapras.png
559KB, 532x479px
Remember when Pokémon was about adventure, exploring the map, with a minimal narrative and good level design to back it up?

Remember when it wasn't some save the world story or your character becoming entwined with the personal drama and bullshit of others, but to see places and Pokémon you hadn't before, as well as the growth of your own Pokémon?
>>
>/vp/
>>
>>382485381
>Remember when it wasn't some save the world story or your character becoming entwined with the personal drama and bullshit of others
No
>>
>>382485381
remember when we were kids any everyyhing was okee dokee haha
>>
>exploring the map
>games are mostly linear
>>
>>382485647
This. Team Rocket exists, but you only really deal with them to get them to stop blocking your fucking gyms
>>
>>382485381
>some save the world story or your character becoming entwined with the personal drama and bullshit of others
My rival SHITHEAD, Lance, and Team Rocket all have a pokebattle to pick with you
>>
File: Dawn Machine.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Machine.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>382485381
Remember when you saved Kanto from Team Rocket?

Also there isn't much actual exploration in R/B. The game makes it very clear what you're allowed do you and in what order. You can break the sequence a little bit, but you're still dragged around by the nose to each town, or blocked from certain things until you accomplish others.

Any exploration was just as artificial as the new games.

it also had its host of its own problems in regard to balance and gameplay decisions (Pokeballs missing, crits being based on speed)

It's okay to not like pokemon anymore. It's a game for children and manchildren. You don't need to make up reasons why it's bad now.
>>
>>382485381
>good level design
pfft hahahaHAHAHAHA
>>
>>382485979
Quentin plz go and stay go
>>
I wish that the next Pokémon in switch don't focus on the story cuz Sun&Moon is my least favorite just for that.
>>
>>382485686
Optional locations to explore in Johto:
>Dark Cave
>Ruins of Alph
>Deeper parts of Union Cave
>Deeper parts of Slowpoke Well
>Burned Tower (not in Crystal though)
>Tin Tower
>Mt. Mortar
>Whirl Islands
>all of Route 45 and 46

And that doesn't stop mandatory locations like the Team Rocket HQ and Ice Path from having nice level design.
>>
>>382485682
>we
>>
>>382486379
wuz
>>
>>382486237
I was conflicted about Sun and Moon. I didn't care for the story, but Team Skull was a refreshing change and a lot of the characters are great.
>>
>>382485381
'Member?
>>
>>382486495
Everything about Team Skull was great. It's just a shame that Aether became the main bad guys and the story went full retard. Pokemon needs more teams of hooligans.
>>
>>382486578
I liked that Aether became the bad guys, but didn't like that you only fought a couple of their dudes. An evil organisation with more interesting teams than Ratata and Zubat was refreshing.
>>
File: 1480373968263.png (84KB, 425x431px) Image search: [Google]
1480373968263.png
84KB, 425x431px
>>382485381
>and good level design
>>
>>382485381

>wasn't some save the world story
>what is the mandatory Team Rocket fights in red/blue and gold/silver

okay anon
>>
>>382486478
pokeymanz
>>
>That one time Lance Hyperbeam'd a person
>>
>>382486478
kangzaskhans
>>
>>382486840
At least for Kanto, you were just beating Team Rocket to get the flute and unblock the entrance to Sabrina's gym.
>>
>>382486840
Stopping a criminal organization from abusing Pokémon and making money doesn't even compare to stopping Dialga or Palkia from destroying the universe, or Lysandre from firing his magic Hitler gun.
>>
>porkyman
>>
Wishing for a Pokemon game that was more open world, where you can go where you wanna go, but the normal route, like in Dark Souls or MMO games follows a route where enemies increase difficulty gradually as you level up.

Alternatively, players REALLY should be given the choice to skip ahead to much tougher content if they think they can really handle it, and doing so will give them the benefit of advancing their team much more quickly if they have the skill to make due with harder battles along the way.

People like to cheer that HMs "went away" in Sun and Moon, but the reality is that they're still there in the form of the registered tamer pokemon or whatever, like Tauros for Rock Smash, and you still gotta beat X gym leader to get Tauros to progress forward.

It's not going to get any better until they stop making the game linear via HM shenanigans or due to map design. I'm OK with breakable rocks guarding upgrades, a la Super Metroid with Super Missles blocking upgrades early on in the game, where you're rewarded for back tracking for upgrades like strong TMs. But these HMs really shouldn't be linearizing the game so badly.
>>
>>382487012
>silph co.
>game corner
>rocket leader is last gym leader
Shit, even Cerulean City's nugget bridge ends with a Rocket recruiter. They're all over the game anon.
>>
>>382487624
And they weren't trying to blow up reality.
>>
>>382487430
Most of the props is that now the HMs don't waste a slot in your pokemon
>>
>>382487430
I didn't like the rider system in Sun and Moon because it served no purpose but to waste your time. You're never going to be without it and a lot of the uses for it never turn up before you get it, so why is it even there?
>>
>>382487624
Yet they're not the focus but instead have the misfortune of getting in the protagonist's way.
>>
>>382487430
This kind of stuff makes the couple of times you can choose which gym comes before another less of a cool feature and more of a "fuck you, we know what you want so here's a small taste and nothing more."
>>
File: Shinobu Smirk.jpg (145KB, 602x450px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu Smirk.jpg
145KB, 602x450px
>>382487430
>Pokemon
>Dark Souls
>Skipping parts of the game
The next time you have an opinion like this, don't share it. You're retarded,
>>
>>382487965
Whether you like it or not Pokemon and Dark Souls are both RPGs. Unlike the former, Dark Souls games allows you to take your own path and progression isn't linear.

I'm advocating a less linear map experience by making a comparison to another RPG that doesn't have a linear map progression.

Eat a dick and fuck off.
>>
What's the Dark Souls of Pokémon??
>>
File: a7yuDhR.jpg (296KB, 1280x1138px) Image search: [Google]
a7yuDhR.jpg
296KB, 1280x1138px
>>382488396
>>
>>382485979
>Pokeballs missing
You are absolutely retarded to complain about this. Of all the things wrong with Gen 1 you choose this? It's literally just a different text/animation for a Pokémon escaping.
>>
>>382486776
>gen 1 and 2 didn't have good level design
go back to gen 5.
>>
>>382488876
Gen 5 has the best level design.
>>
>>382488340
>Dark Souls
>RPG
>>
Pokemon Swtich: Red's Adventure
>>
>>382489182
>a literal fucking circle where you're railroaded
lmao yeah right.
>>
>>382485381
yes, when it stopped having that tone/when i turned 13 i stopped enjoying the series as much. Red/Silver/Crystal will always be very close to my heart though
>>
>>382485381
>Remember when it wasn't some save the world story or your character becoming entwined with the personal drama and bullshit of others
This wasn't even actually an issue until gen 5.
>>
>>382485381
All the team magma/aqua bullshit was over the top. When they added the dimension traveling I knew the series was hopeless.

Also, truth be told, I over criticized OR/AS, but I'm playing it now and I'm loving it despite the dumbed down difficulty. It's a beautiful remake.
>>
>>382489442
>you weren't tasked with saving the world in gen 3
>you weren't tasked with saving the world in gen 4
Did we even play the same game?
>>
>>382489371
I said level design, not world design.
>>
File: 1498093240928.png (288KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
1498093240928.png
288KB, 480x550px
>>382489210
>>
File: 1493562225331.jpg (10KB, 460x423px) Image search: [Google]
1493562225331.jpg
10KB, 460x423px
Do you think Pokémon Switch is going to be a "Breath of the wild" treatment or it's going to be shameful piece of lazy shit probably using the same engine than 3ds games?
>>
>>382489886
I didn't say it didn't happen, I said it wasn't an issue. It wasn't until gen 5 that they focused so much on the story that it became a significant drawback. Didn't help that gen 5 had so many other problems. In gen 3 and 4 it wasn't functionally much different than 1 and 2 when you attempted to dismantle Team Rocket.
>>
>>382486992
dammit anon I laughed
>>
>>382489721
The remakes are the only games to look forward to anon. Both XY and Sun/Moon have been categorically _bad_.
>>
>>382490212
Gen 5 was the best because it combined a decent and not obnoxious story with a good Gameplay.

Now the story is annoying and the games are easy.
>>
Not really.
I watched the anime series along with the game as a kid and one thing that disappointed me about the games was that there wasn't enough story.
I wouldn't mind if the series went in the direction of exploration, pokemon conservation and pokemon raising instead of battling though with areas being gated far more heavily behind story content and having to unlock them.
I still think the islands of FRLG were some of the best content in a pokemon game.
>>
File: 3-PokeColS04.jpg (29KB, 292x240px) Image search: [Google]
3-PokeColS04.jpg
29KB, 292x240px
What do you guys think of pokemon colosseum.
I thought that the plot and MC were pretty cool now that I am replaying it after years since I first played it as a kid.
>>
Remember that time Pokemon hit you in the feels?
>>
Gen 1 wasn't non-linear in the slightest. If you ever went the wrong way, it'd block your path and guide you on the right one. If you want an ACTUAL non-linear game, play Prism.
>>
>>>/vp/
>>
>>382490670
You could easily go anywhere in the game once you get Cut. Nothing will stop you.
>>
>>382489904
that goes to gen 4 then for being the most varied.
>>
>>382490413
The story was decent only by the metric of having some focus. Otherwise it was just the same as usual, but forced down the player's throat. Gen 5 was just as garbage as Gen 6 and 7 in that regard, perhaps worse.
>>
>>382490102
It really isn't though. The "ARPG" genre itself is a fucking joke. And even if other games in that genre could potentially be classified as RPGs by their shallow definition of having leveling mechanics Dark Souls really doesn't count. Levels barely matter and in fact I think the game would be better off without having a leveling mechanic at all. There is absolutely no roleplaying, no choices to make in Dark Souls. Pokémon and Dark Souls have literally nothing in common gameplaywise. Your post was retarded.
>>
>>382490606
Yeah. The first time I cried with a video game.
>>
>>382490435
I really should get this again.
>>
gold was the peak
>>
>>382490801
>Gen 5 was just as garbage as Gen 6 and 7 in that regard, perhaps worse.
At least did you play the game? Because I don't think that you did.
>>
>>382485381
I don't mind that SM had a character driven plot, it's nice to see that the series doesn't completely stagnate on the exact same EO level plot all the time.
It's one duo out of many and if I want to play with the old style of Pokemon I can easily just boot up HG for the mario-tier good old interpretive story or B2 for the region.
>>
>>382490670
Once you hit Lavender Town you have the following options:
>Challenge the Celadon gym
>Open up Saffron and do the Fighting Dojo
>Clear out the Team Rocket hideout in the Game Corner

If you choose to clear the Rocket Hideout and get the Silph Scope, you can also clear out the Pokémon Tower next, which opens up Fuchsia City and the surrounding areas, as well as Silph Co. You can go all the way to Cinnabar while ignoring the gym badges in Celadon and Saffron and the Silph Co. building as well, or you could have them done by that time. Sure it's far from open world, but it's certainly not a straight line either.
>>
>>382491071
The fact that this is your defense for the plot of gen 5 says more than you realize.
>>
>>382490967
You really should mainline could definitely learn from it and the fact that the whole gane is a redemption arc for the MC was pretty cool.
>>
>>382490870
>There is absolutely no roleplaying, no choices to make
So why does shit like DQ, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Persona, and a majority of other JRPGs get a pass?
You don't make choices in many of those games. At best you get dialogue options that lead to the same result. A lot of the games railroad you, don't have many different paths to take, have a set story and a lot of them have only one ending no matter what you do. Where's the "roleplaying" in those games? Even Souls allows you to get different endings.

And what does it matter if Pokemon and Souls have nothing in common in regards to gameplay? Some of the first JRPGs made in Japan were action based.
>>
>>382490126
It'll probably be Pokemon Colosseum V3, with maybe a few more elements of the traditional games.
>>
I remember when it wasn't the save the world shit, but it's still got the whole seeing new areas and watching your team grow. Even if the areas are really lame in some of the more recent entries.
>>
>>382485979
What a load of shit.

Once you get to Lavender Town, you can go to these places and explore/catch pokemon/fight trainers without touching a gym or story location: Route 7, Route 8, Route 12, Celadon City, Saffron City. Once you get the poke flute, you can go anywhere in the world except the Power Plant, Cinnabar Island and the area around it, and the area around the Indigo Plateau. No other Pokemon game lets you disregard gyms/story locations and just go wherever you want to that extent. You can outright skip the 4th and 6th gyms and explore everything except the the area around the Indigo Plateau if you want. There's no much point in going that far with it, but you're allowed to.
>>
>>382490435
Yeah it's great.
Some of the best music in the series and I really loved having double battles with every encounter.
That said it has no aged gracefully since the battles are slow as fuck. Hopefully the new console games are like colosseum but with an extensive post game similar like a combination between colosseum and emerald.
Who am I kidding though?
It's probably going to be bare bones like ORAS.
>>
>>382490126
It'll be more of the last seven generations but prettier
>>
everything great turns to shit eventually
>>
>>382492312
You can skip the 3rd gym too.
>>
>>382491685
I just don't think that you played the game.

The story isn't annoying or obnoxious as gen 6/7, and isn't even bad, is interesting.

The gameplay is good, gym leaders can be pretty hard and random trainers normally have Pokemon with good levels unlike the others Gens.

There are Pokémon with good and bad design like every gen.

The final battle is probably one of the most epic and satisfactory moments in Pokémon.

I just don't get why didn't you like Gen 5. I guess they're just your opinions and these are my opinions.
>>
>>382485381
>implying the current games have any worthwhile narrative anyways
>>
>>382490606
Gates did it better
>>
>>382485381
Remember when the premise was always different and unique? When you weren't just some kid getting his/her first pokemon from some tree professor?
Oh.
>>
>>382492607
>I just don't think that you played the game.
Well then that's your problem.
>>
>>382492638
I didn't imply that at all.
>>
>>382485381
so never
the only thing that was better back in the day was the no handholding
>>
>>382492558
The Pokemon designs themselves are fine, it's the game design that's an issue. It's evident how across the times that styles change, and the style of the original Pokemon was simply very reminiscent of traditional RPG monsters at the time, such as slimes, rock monsters, cartoony dragons, etc.
>>
>>382485381
I never played pokemon.
>>
>>382492026
>So why does shit like DQ, Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Persona, and a majority of other JRPGs get a pass?
Where did I claim that these games should get a pass? I think the RPG genre as a whole is terrible and we would be better off if everyone just immediately stopped classifying games as RPGs. It's just meaningless at this point. Fair point about the different endings in DS and I guess it does have a few choices, but I think it is primarily an Action Game and it should be treated like that.
>And what does it matter if Pokemon and Souls have nothing in common in regards to gameplay?
It does matter in regards to your justification for making the games less linear. In Dark Souls your level doesn't matter nearly as much as in Pokémon. In those cases where there were different paths to take in Pokémon you would often find yourself being overleveled for one of those paths. I think there are good reasons to keep the series more linear if you don't want to introduce some kind of level scaling or stuff like that. But I also see the points for making it more open. I honestly don't really care for it either way.
>Some of the first JRPGs made in Japan were action based.
Are you talking about Dungeon Crawlers? You are absolutely correct about the definition of RPGs being fucked beyond repair (or maybe it was never a good definition in the first place).
>>
>>382486336
This. But obviously since someone is stating the truth it gets no replies.
Pokemon games have only had side areas like this in GSC though.
>>
>>382485381

Remember when you weren't a fucking faggot? Oh wait that never was the case.

Having objectively less doesn't make something more "mysterious" or "explorable". Having a shitty basic story about almost nothing besides beating evil team while beating gyms too doesn't make it feel more like an "adventure" .

When was the last time you even played the games?
>>
>>382486336
That still doesn't save Johto from being the shittiest region, and having jackshit for new Pokemon.
>>
>>382493491
>johto
>shittiest region
that title belongs to sinnoh
>>
No, I remember getting caught up with Team Rocket, Silver, and Lance.
>>
>>382493696
No, my good man, that would be Kalos.
It was so irredeemably awful, GameFreak didn't even want to fix it with a third version. They just rusehd straight to Alola to get the fuck out of there and never look back until it's time for their remakes.
>>
>>382493696

Sinnoh had enough variation in environments to be interesting. Johto is just Kanto 2.0. Literally.
>>
I love new games but I hate the save the world bullshit that newer gens have. Team Rocket was my favorite villain just because their motive was simple; abusing Kanto's facilities as well as Pokemon for monetary gain.
I know it's a kids game but it was also the smartest an evil team's plans have been.
>Magma and Aqua
>Gee, what could go wrong if I created an endless heatwave/tsunami to dry out the ocean/expand it
>Galactic
>Gee, what could go wrong if I summoned Pokemon with god-like powers to recreate the entire universe
At least Black/White brought back a simple team goal which I liked too.
>>
>>382493696
Sinnoh is a fine enough region but D/P are the worst games.
>>
>>382493857
>shitty montain everywhere
>needing hm slaves to traverse it
it was dogshit
>>
>>382493491
>>382493696
>>382493827
Alola is the shittiest region by far. It's small, entirely linear, and all resemblance of video game level design has been thrown out in favor of (((realistic))) world design or streamlining to make sure babies absolutely have no opportunity to get lost. Even Kalos has better level design.
>>
>>382493984

>muh mountains

Fuck off, Mt. Coronet was great.
>>
>>382485381
I haven't played a pokemon game since Gold & Silver, is it really that gay now?
>>
>>382485381
remember before gen 2 when pokemon had soul
>>
>>382493984

I liked the mountain. I was mostly referring to the snow up north, the coastlines and such down south, the almost underground city. Stuff like that is a lot more interesting than just generic city but bigger/smaller/on an island.

Also all the gens except 7 had stupid bullshit hms so don't blame Sinnoh for it acting like it's just a gen 4 problem.
>>
>>382491424
I accidentally got badges out of order in Pokemon red
>>
>>382494106
I'd gladly agree, but I want to remain SLIGHTLY optimistic that Alola will bring back some semblance of adventure and not "Chad Kantocock goes vacation to Alola" which is literally what you're doing.
>>
>>382494182
that shit was just as bad a hoenn with the shitty water routes
>>
>>382486336
Optional locations to explore in Unova (BW2):
>Skyarrow Bridge
>Routes 3, 2, 1, 17, 18
>Nacrene & Striaton City
>Accumula & Nuvema Town
>Dreamyard
>Wellspring Cave
>Pinwheel Forest
>Liberty Island
>Desert Resort
>Relic Castle
>Lostlorn Forest
>Mistralton Cave
>Celestial Tower
>Twist Mountain
>Dragonspiral Tower
>Icirrus City
>Icirrus Moor
>Plasma Castle
>Royal Unova
>Abysall Ruins
>Abundant Shrine
>Entralink
>Pledge Grove
>Castelia Sewer Depths
>Cave of Being
>Clay Tunnel
>Underground Ruins
>Village Bridge
>Relic Passage
>Tubeline Bridge

And yet people still have the gall to shit on BW2 because of 'm-m-muh circle'.

When will people open their eyes and see that BW2 was the game they've been waiting for? I'm willing to bet most players didn't even explore 50% of what it had to offer.
>>
>>382494321
Meant USUM instead of Alola.
>>
>>382493827
I feel like the only person who likes Kalos and X/Y. Clothing was fun and I had fun messing around with the trainer promos, the games after it have felt like a step back.
>>
>>382494393
A lot of people don't even hate Unova over the Circle Layout, they hate it because
>B-BUT YOU CAN'T CATCH M-MUH OLD POKEMON UNTIL POSTGAME!!!! B2W2 D-DOESN'T COUNT!!!!!1
>>
>>382492312
>>382491424
I think this is a pretty good compromise found in old games (I'm thinking FFI, Pokemon and Zelda DX, for example). Some say they "aren't full open world", which they aren't, but once you finish a level the map opens up and you can often explore or find multiple paths and even though it's not GTA it still feels more free than other games that are completely scripted
>>
File: rank.png (1MB, 1086x1142px) Image search: [Google]
rank.png
1MB, 1086x1142px
>>382494393
What are you talking about? Many people hail B2W2 as the best or second best games in the series.
>>
>>382490126
Expect Sun/Moon 2.0 with more cinematic experience.

Gamefreak doesn't try anymore for postgame since they know people don't have the time to autisticly train pokemon so they play battles on showdown if you care enough about competitive.
>>
File: summer.png (47KB, 650x773px) Image search: [Google]
summer.png
47KB, 650x773px
>>382490606
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZSi18GdO0

I cried during this ending.
>>
>>382494393
i liked BW2 but its too story heavy for my taste
>>
>>382485381

Yes, I do. B/W 2 was the first Pokemon game I skipped. Sun/Moon was the first game I lost interest in so hard that I completely dropped it.

Franchise went in a pretty bad direction. I hope GF realizes this and reverses course before it's too late.
>>
File: golisopod.jpg (44KB, 360x361px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod.jpg
44KB, 360x361px
>>382492558
>>
File: grumpy_candice.jpg (69KB, 587x715px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy_candice.jpg
69KB, 587x715px
>>382485381
You were 12.
This was like GameFreak's 3rd 8-bit game, they actually had more experience with 16-bit titles so GBA and DS were sort of them making up for lost time. Tedium isn't good game design and Pokemon become so fleshed out with time they they consider lore and world building for children. If you're between the ages of 23 and 35 or over, you're not the target audience. GameFreak might throw us a bone every now and then but we're not the ones they make Pokemon games for.
Stop projecting "soul" and "birthright" to what was just a job back then to work on limited hardware with a mess of bugs among a handful of other games that were either lukewarm as Pulseman or just not that good like Click Medic. Stop feeling cheated over the intricacies of a children's game not making you feel as you did when you were a child yourself and had oodles of free time if not other shit going on that made playing this more rewarding.

If you want a more lush experience, play other fucking games. The world doesn't end at Pokemon.
>>
>>382494393
Seriously, BB2/VW2 are objectively the pokemon games with the most content, locations and things to do. Not even debatable.
>>
File: Shirona.jpg (90KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shirona.jpg
90KB, 600x1000px
Posting best champion.
>>
>>382485381
Eh, those are the only ones I play. Last set of pokemon games I played properly was Ruby/Sapphire, and they were starting to do the save the world crap, but they weren't that far gone.
Tried to play X and Y, and holy shit, what the fuck did they do to these games. Can I go more then twenty steps before these irritating characters stop me to have a conversation about fucking nothing? Can you stop trying to shove your save-the-world plot in my face and just let me catch and train pokemon and challenge gyms? How about not putting a nurse every twenty paces so there's some element of challenge?

The newest gen looks even worse. It's like it's become a full-blown cringy anime now.

>>382493815
Yeah, but that shit was a side plot, not a plot tumour getting in the way of you exploring and raising your 'mons.
>>
>>382494514
I liked the clothing, but I generally prefer SM's customization.
Full models all the time so you can see it without looking at your trainer card/passport
The models don't have that warped chibi look with blurry models
And you can take off the stupid fucking hat for the first time ever.
>>
>>382492558
This bothers me a lot.
>>
>>382494525

I loved the fact that you can't catch old pokes until post game, probably one of my favorite parts about gen 5. I wish it was more well received so the next few gens would have it. Granted they'd need to make more pokemon so it's not just seeing shitty ones all over but that's fine with me.
>>
>>382494590
>>382494393
go back and fucking play it
>>
>>382494657
>"soul" and "birthright"
I'm talking about good game design and development philosophy though.
>>
File: 1495338267176.png (166KB, 310x219px) Image search: [Google]
1495338267176.png
166KB, 310x219px
>>382494393
People shat on BW for a lot of reasons.
A lot of reasons were overreacting in my book and a little bit selective enforcement. It just goes to show that Pokemon fans might ask for changing things up, but they're too picky about how.
>>
File: 1489076334677.png (441KB, 754x744px) Image search: [Google]
1489076334677.png
441KB, 754x744px
>>382487430
>enemies increase difficulty gradually as you level up.
No
>>
both BW games were fucking boring.
>>
Top Tier: BW2, RBY
Great Tier: BW, HGSS
Good Tier: FRLG, GSC, Emerald, Platinum
Good Tier: Ruby/Sapphire, Sun/Moon
Playable Tier: X/Y, ORAS
Shit Tier: Diamond/Pearl
>>
File: 63343597_p0.jpg (187KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
63343597_p0.jpg
187KB, 1000x1000px
>>382494934
>I'm talking about good game design and development philosophy though.

Running Shoes weren't until Gen 3 and Item Shortcuts were best used in Gen 5. What kind of design philosophy are you talking about? Pushing a boulder into a fucking hole?
>>
>>382494679
It had the PWT, of course it was best. Hearing old themes get remastered was pretty great.
>>
>>382493696
Sinnoh actually had Pokemon from its respective Gen littered throughout. You had to go to Kanto just to get a Houndour or beat Kanto's gym leaders to get Larvitar. Don't make me post that copypasta.
>>
File: 4a9f096d4c9b5d71eedf100e2291a9a1.gif (220KB, 1280x1077px) Image search: [Google]
4a9f096d4c9b5d71eedf100e2291a9a1.gif
220KB, 1280x1077px
>>382495154
Accurate desu
>>
>>382495154
I don't agree 100% but I think this is a perfectly acceptable list.
>>
>>382495197
Funny that neither BW2 nor ORAS got the Gym Leader battle theme just right.
>>
>>382495210
>copypasta
you mind posting? i don't frequent /vp/.
>>
File: 1483411218060.jpg (47KB, 543x533px) Image search: [Google]
1483411218060.jpg
47KB, 543x533px
>godtier
bw2, gsc
>great
rse, hgss
>good
sm, dpp
>ok
everything else
>uber shit tier
BW

>>>/vp/
>>
File: happy boi.jpg (23KB, 263x286px) Image search: [Google]
happy boi.jpg
23KB, 263x286px
I really enjoyed Pokemon Sun. The difficulty is good if you use the various limiters, the characters are fleshed out, There's some top tier husbandos (pic related), and it was fun going back to certain locations after certain events and finding new pathways opened up to new areas. The new Pokemon are well designed and fun to use, even in a competitive standpoint, the music is good, ect.
If you dont like Pokemon anymore, then just stop playing. Pokemon will change overtime so you either change to enjoy it, or stay the same person and be unable to move on.

Besides the best games will always be PMD:Sky
>>
Us 90s kids amirite?

XD
>>
>>382495180
>What kind of design philosophy are you talking about?
Optional places to explore and minimal or no narrative. Tidbits of lore that can by found by speaking to the NPCs of the world or through things like the journals in Cinnabar Mansion which you can then piece together yourself.
>>
File: anime - not even once.png (393KB, 1011x451px) Image search: [Google]
anime - not even once.png
393KB, 1011x451px
>>382485381
Anime - Not Even Once
>>
File: char.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>382495154
>Top Tier: RBY
>>
>>382492558
This is autistic as fuck, but 100% spot on.
>>
File: 1286248741857.jpg (359KB, 1136x720px) Image search: [Google]
1286248741857.jpg
359KB, 1136x720px
>>382495370
>Boring region
>The worst starters(Feraligatr is the only viable one)
>Most of the Pokemon you meet are from Gen I
>Gen II was a Gen I expansion more than an actual Gen II, HGSS was their chance to make it somewhat salvageable
>Kanto was watered down and barren, and it shows that Johto had to get neutered for it to matter at all
>Trainer rematches are a bitch and a half, and some are outright useless
>Gym Leader rematches require a specific set of conditions that are tedious as hell, but needed if you want to level up your team sufficiently
>Level scaling is horrendus. Even with a lucky egg, I was still struggling to get some of my guys to LV. 50
>Wild Pokemon in Kanto are LV. 5-10 but the trainers are 40+
>Gen II's batch of Pokemon are comprised of shitty throwaways that had to wait until Gen IV to become useful, and even then there's a good chunk of them that are still ass. Only a few were viable to use
>The remakes didn't fix any of the problems at all. None at all. The Apricorn balls are useless still, there's no reason to use Chikorita or Cyndaquil, the latter only being a Fire-type and even then you can use a Flying-type or Fighting-type to do its work, and it only showed you couldn't do a multi-region game
>The special stat was fixed, but you still had Pokemon who had tremendous attack but still had special type STAB. Sneasel was damn near useless and Hitmonchan still couldn't utilize the elemental punches
>Gen II's variety was so bad, Lance had to use three Dragonites and didn't even use a Kingdra. Even Bruno could make a team of six Fighting-types back in Gen I. Gen IV had to fix another one of Gen II's problems yet again

I don't go to /vp/ anymore, so it's probably unknown there.
>>
>>382495154

Why is RBY so high? They're fucking unplayable now, especially since FRLG exist. It especially annoys me because the list is great besides that and DP being lower than it should be.
>>
BW2>HGSS=Platinum=Emerald>Crystal>GS>BW>SM>FRLG>RBYG>ORAS>XY>RS>DP
>>
>>382492558
I personally think the new pokemon designs are fine. However, their in-game art/poses are really lackluster in my opinion. Some 3D models just look awkward in their in-game idle animation. Sneasel probably has the best looking 3D model in the 3DS games because there's a bit of character to it
>>
>>382495749
Hitmontop is amazing
>>
>>382495603
>>382495643
RBY is quick to start, an artstyle full of charm (it IS ugly, but nice), old and "broken" mechanics are enjoyable and people who gripe on them are just nitpicking.
Easily the most replayable in the series, followed by BW2 and HGSS. The low amount of pokemon makes finishing the pokedex fun as a postgame too.

Also, the glitches are very fun to mess around with.

FRLG completely ruins the end of the game by shoving in the Sevii Islands. Though the Sevii Islands themselves are a fun add-on, there was no reason to force you to waste time on them after defeating blaine.
>>
>>382495643
nostalgia.
Also I'm pretty sure nostalgiafags justify it by saying that the inclusion of EV makes the game worse for some reason, obviously that's stupid.
>>
File: 1462206353355.jpg (29KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
1462206353355.jpg
29KB, 183x183px
>>382495626
is this picture supposed to be funny?

oh wait
>>
File: tumblr_mvzadsj9N31qau6z9o1_500.gif (521KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvzadsj9N31qau6z9o1_500.gif
521KB, 500x310px
>>382495862
how could I forget?
>>
File: 1286585797426.jpg (144KB, 926x578px) Image search: [Google]
1286585797426.jpg
144KB, 926x578px
>>382495749
Some Pokemon, mainly the newer ones show more personality from their ingame models and animations rather than the artwork.

>>382496002
No, but this is.
>>
>>382495643
Nostalgia, i wouldnt even touch RBY anymore if i wanted kanyo id play FRLG
Which is a legitimately good pokemon game
>>
Pokemon needs good rivals again.

I haven't played Sun/Moon but I assume the rivals are still garbage.

It's okay for the trainer to have friends but he needs a dickish rival too.
>>
>>382495626
Does HGSS alleviate most of these issues?
>>
>>382495154
Completely agree except for Platinum.

Should be higher.
>>
>>382496172
Rivals are decent and one of them can fuck you up if you're not prepared
>>
>>382496101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZQejDxDr4

play this while he dances
>>
File: xatu.gif (108KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
xatu.gif
108KB, 192x192px
>>382495749
>Gen 6 comes
>Pokemon are either in meh-tier idle animations or are gliding in place like fucking retards thanks to the most useless feature, Sky Battles
>these gliders will be gliding for the rest of eternity because every Pokemon has stupidly high polycounts that ensure the models and animations can be reused until the end of time EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE REGULAR STANDING ANIMATIONS IN AMIE/REFRESH THAT CAN BE REUSED
>>
>>382495592
None of that sounds like intentional development choices. It just sounds like they were following basic JRPG tropes as seen in Dragon Quest and Megami Tensei. They can only introduce you to the series for the first time once, anon.
>>
>>382496172
Gladion is a decent rival and isn't a pussy faggot like whatever the fuck XY's was (Serena and Calem), although he should have shown up more.
Hau is the "friend" character a la Bianca, so if you do ever drag the cart into your 3DS, don't confuse him with the rival.
>>
>>382496215
Many of these things aren't even right. It's a bait pasta. Not to say that some of them aren't true, though.
>>
>>382489886
Saving the world in gen 3 was cool because you could see the world being destroyed, either through the world flooding or drying up.
After gen 3 everytime you save the word you just listen the bad guy ramble on about stupid shit then just fight.
>>
>>382485381
>and good level design
lol
>>
File: 1471548522449.gif (3MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1471548522449.gif
3MB, 400x240px
>>382496215
Not really.
Other than some more variety with the swarms and rematches with the gym leaders/Elite Four, most of the issues weren't fixed. And I really liked the Pokewalker, too. Adored it to be exact.

>>382496295
Older Pokemon get hit hard with this, I noticed. Again, newer Pokemon have 3D in mind when designed, Pokemon like Xatu and Unown don't, and it shows.
>>
>>382495749
I think that the models make some Pokemon look more alive than any sprite ever could, but it really fucked the flying type.
Muk looks pretty great as a model, it emphasizes the ooziness of it way better than sprites did.
>>
>>382489886

Cyrus tried to remake the world in his image. I'd say that's a save the world story.
>>
Pokemon where you fuck the lonely milfs inside unlocked houses when???
>>
>>382496107
They're getting better, but Gamefreak still can't ruining every fish and flying type Pokemon with their shitty looking idle animation. Gyarados for example, looks fucking stupid just floating there
>>
>>382495962

>entire fucking types being terrible due to how bad their moves are, how bad the few pokemon of said types are and no special split is nitpicking

I'm not even going to list more because that's a big enough reason to not bother with gen 1 at all.
>>
>>382496101
Is that Eddy Gordo
>>
Would you want a Platinum remake?
>>
>>382496101
I love it so much
Absolute best little guy
>>
>>382496690
Yeah, it would be nice for people that dont have R4s and have to worry about potentially getting a bootleg cartridge.
>>
>>382495962
>force you to waste time on them after defeating blaine.
they're optional, you cum guzzling faggot.
Fuck off and take your nostalgia goggles with you
>>
>>382494970
>Pokemon fans might ask for changing things up, but they're too picky about how.
I 100% sure if a mainline pokemon game actually changes shit up and by that I mean not replacing gyms with not!gyms trials.
Fags would say shit like "It might have been a good game, but it is a bad pokemon"
>>
File: 3r.png (613KB, 1178x800px) Image search: [Google]
3r.png
613KB, 1178x800px
>>
File: 1286581448496.gif (57KB, 134x73px) Image search: [Google]
1286581448496.gif
57KB, 134x73px
>>382496550
Yeah, they can just reuse animations and models, more than they could the same 2D sprites. Smoochum literally reused the same sprite from Gen III to the butt-end of Gen V.
>>
>>382496172
>A rival that dynamically adds new pokemon to their team with some low level of metagame awareness to counter the biggest threats on your team after each encounter, forcing you to build a solid team instead of relying on just one or two pokemon all game and making the player develop better strategies out of necessity.

This will never happen. But you can pretend to groom your virtual monsters, thanks Gamefreak.
>>
>>382495962
>there was no reason to force you to waste time on them after defeating blaine.
You can tell bill to fuck off after blaine you know.
You are forced to complete it after you're already there, but you are not forced to actually go woth him.
>>
File: giphy.gif (382KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
382KB, 500x360px
>>382496690
This scene would look great in full 3D.
>>
File: play rough.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
play rough.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>382495412
I actually think 3D was good for the series, but also the games have reached a point where you don't really have to wait for anime or a manga adaptation to give you an experience of the region's narrative. Sun/Moon was kind of like playing a Pokemon anime arc start to finish because current tech allows everyone to be as expressive as possible short of voice acting (not that it's needed). Sun and Moon isn't my favorite generation, nor does it have the best dex but it did have some really strong ideas like Z-Moves and Regional Forms (some narrative choices, despite their execution were kind of surprising as well), all of which I hope they continue to expand on assuming GameFreak isn't gonna GameFreak next gen.

I'm not expecting the moon for USUM, but nowadays Pokemon games are something you can just breeze in a week or so and still have much to do. So I might make time for it if the scenario is really that different.
>>
>>382497065
This is why I never liked Gen V
>>
>>382485381
a big part of what made gsc work so well was the clock system that made a uninformd person feel like almost anything could happen at any time

i remember playing through the game once a few years after it was out and finding the rival battle before the elite four and my mind was fucking blown, like all the optional side areas in johto it leaves you thinking "i wonder what else i missed"
>>
File: 1319015444467.jpg (35KB, 398x342px) Image search: [Google]
1319015444467.jpg
35KB, 398x342px
>Everyone calling my favourite pokemon games shit.
>They enjoy the games they're remade from far more in spite of the remakes offering far more upgrades and quality of life improvements.
So this is the power of groupthink.
>>
>>382488396
google nuzlocke
>>
>>382485686
In the original Red/Blue, once you get out of Mt Moon and reach Cerulean the game really opens up in terms of nonlinearity. There are only a few instances of necessary sequences that must be done.

You must beat Misty and clear the SS Anne (which can be done in either order) to use Cut. With Cut you can go straight to Surge or Celadon. When you reach Celadon, you gain access to the Rocket storyline (starting with the game corner) as well as Saffron. After doing the Game Corner you can go to the tower in Lavender, which opens up the path to Fuschia. From Fuschia you must clear the Safari Zone and beat Koga to use Surf and reach Blaine. At that point everything up to but not including the confrontation with Giovanni in Viridian opens up (and, subsequently, Victory Road, E4, and Unknown Dungeon is linear progression from that point).
The key takeaway from this is that the leaders Surge, Erika, Sabrina, and Koga may be faced in any order, and you can throw Blaine into the mix as long as you face Koga first (also worth noting is that the Rocket storyline must be partially completed to reach Koga, and fully completed to reach Sabrina).
>>
File: fridgeshipping.jpg (92KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
fridgeshipping.jpg
92KB, 600x353px
>>382496690
Only if Jasmine is competing in those contests.
>>
>>382491424
Why would you get the badges out of order? You'd get your ass whooped for being weak.
>>
File: cd0xbkafckgkqs2bff8c.png (1MB, 1224x691px) Image search: [Google]
cd0xbkafckgkqs2bff8c.png
1MB, 1224x691px
So who wants to bet the Pokemon RPG coming to Switch will just be a Red & Blue remake?
>>
>>382494525
Maybe if there were enough well designed pokemon in gen 5 to make a full team there would have been less complaints.
>>
>>382497803
Nah, it's totally going to be a remake of Gen 4 or a true continuation of Colosseum/Gale of Darkness instead of shit like Battle Revolution or My Pokemon Ranch
>>
>>382497663
muh choice
muh freedom

These people grew up with open world games. They don't know any better and think linearity is automatically bad.
It doesn't help that FF13 set a bad example for linear games.
>>
>>382494545
>Emerald, FR/LG, and X/Y
>Better than S/M
nice bait image
>>
>>382485381
How? I dont remember a lapras there
>>
>>382498125
It's a weekly event, only appears at a certain time on a certain day.
>>
>>382498125
Friday on Union Cave
>>
>>382498004
Linearity *is* automatically bad specifically when it comes to Pokémon. Not saying other games can't do it right (I like Twilight Princess over BotW Zelda for example) but for Pokémon it sucks.
>>
File: 1445503794184.jpg (80KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445503794184.jpg
80KB, 638x480px
>>382497803
Why should anyone want that?
>>
>>382498004
the more linear pokemon games are by far and away the worst ones though

i don't see how you would use linearity to make a pokemon game better desu, people want to go explore, catch some new pokemon, fight gym leaders etc and letting them do that on their own is better than restricting them and locking a bunch of cool pokemon away in the late game

like you posted "muh choice muh freedom" but literally what is wrong with wanting that in a game about exploring collecting and battling?
>>
>>382497523
Quality is subjective, anon.

Have you tried just not being wrong?
>>
File: 1465091820224.jpg (129KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1465091820224.jpg
129KB, 960x540px
>>382497985
I liked Battle Revolution
>>
>>382496101
Hitmontop not on his head is just so fucking disturbing to me.
>>
>>382498303
Because my Gen Wun that's why
>>
>>382497985
>Nah, it's totally going to be a remake of Gen 4
I doubt it. Seems more likely they'll start the next generation before doing a remake. Although if they do a remake that cuts out a lot of the developmental resources towards designing the plot/characters/world/etc from scratch.
>>
>>382485647
this
>>
>>382494652
awful
>>
>>382493984
I feel like if Sinnoh got the Alola treatment where you had ride pokemon to deal with the HM shit I think trekking Mt. Coronet would actually be pretty entertaining.
>>
>>382495749
gladion stop shitposting on /v/
>>
>>382485381
>212 replies
fucking kill me
>>
>>382490126
No.

That kind of stuff only works when things like the environment are actively a threat or making costly mistakes can harm you. Link can die of the cold or extreme heat or when air is so hot it burns. Meanwhile your trainer can walk in a snowstorm wearing daisy dukes and a tubetop or through an active volcano with a windbreaker and ski pants and neither serves as a deterrent because the main focus is whether or not all your Pokemon have fainted.
>>
File: 617020598.jpg (425KB, 469x800px) Image search: [Google]
617020598.jpg
425KB, 469x800px
>>382485381
To be honest Pokemon X/Y were the best because they didn't leave you with nothing but Pidgey and Rattata clones for the first couple of gyms.

The number of pokemon you can catch without even accessing the internet is staggering and really lets you build any kind of team you want. Trading is a scam to sell units backed by peer pressure.

This is Rin Nakai, a mixed martial artist. Her favorite pokemon is YANMA. In any other generation she would have been forced to train her starter and let faggoty bird and rat pokemon sit in her party doing nothing.
>>
>>382499165
>Video game thread getting replies makes you upset
Gb2 ribbit my man
>>
>>382499351
XY suffered from severe oversaturation due to being too small to accomodate the selection properly though. Ideally a game would have that selection but have a region that could properly utilize it. Ironically enough, a regional dex as small as Alola's would work very well in a region as small as Kalos.
>>
>>382499351
>favorite pokemon is yanma
she has good taste
>>
>>382495749
I still fucking hate how little personality the OFFICIAL models have compared to the models used in previous 3D Pokemon entries. I mean, for christs sake they managed to make 151 fully animated models on the fucking Nintendo 64 at least 20 years ago.
>>
>>382490435
Mirror B best music
>>
>>382498592
I liked the idea of playing Pokemon online against other players way back in 2007-era gaming, but I hated that there wasnt a full blown story mode like the GC titles.

>>382498750
To be fair even if there was a remake title on the Switch I doubt it would be cheap since it wont be 240p assets anymore.
>>
>>382494514
nah kalos was real nice with a lot of potential. the problem is that gf left it kinda empty to include more shit in Z but then they went and scrapped Z for those hawaii abomination shits.
>>
>>382485381
>good level design
I have played every generation up to Diamond and Pearl and never would consider Pokemon to have good level design
>>
File: 707876825.jpg (217KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
707876825.jpg
217KB, 800x516px
>>382499558
You are wrong.

It was exciting to have at least 10 additional pokemon to choose from between every gym. This made it so you could customize your party before reaching endgame. There is nothing wrong with supplying the player with variety in a $40 game. There is nothing wrong with making it feasible to abandon your starter in favor of a unique party. Rin Nakai deserves to have her pick of pokemon, she DID pay full price for the game, after all.

This is what Fallout fans refer to as "shandification." The ability of the player to influence gameplay in a manner contrary to developer's wishes.
>>
>>382499351
I honestly can't hate X/Y all that much because it gave me the ability to actually catch (in an early enough manner) and use a Snubbull in a run. Plus, the Snubull family got that buff in the gen by turning it into a fairy type that learns play rough naturally -- Kalos was the region that made that fucking bulldog shine.
>>
>>382498073
>S/M
>better than anything
>>
>>382500439
That's the ticket.
>>
>playing W2 for 2nd time the other day
>forgot there was a fair amount more text at the start than usual but whatever
>go about my business, beat Roxie
>great, time to get the cap'n from the studio and head to the mainland
>forced to watch a movie at the studio, then have to sit there and click through these fags telling me I could be in a movie and THEN forced to be in a fucking movie
>remember why I liked gen 5 the least and didn't go beyond it
That's when it really started to get obnoxious, like why force some garbage minigame? You only had to listen to a quick briefing on contests but this shit needed triple the exposition, a demonstration AND you have to try it out. I can't imagine even young kids preferring the newer games
>>
>>382487324
>pokermom
>>
>>382487430
people cheer because it doesn't waste a move slot anymore, not because it was removed
>>
>>382495601
pikachu is ruined
>>
>>382488642
oh come on the soundtrack is amazing
>>
>>382490435
Does Genius Sonority even have that team anymore?
>>
>>382485381
Pokemon was only good when you knew who the Pokemon were from the shows.
>>
>>382492558
lol this image is dumb
>>
>>382485381
>i'm a gamer
>>
>>382487430
>People like to cheer that HMs "went away" in Sun and Moon, but the reality is that they're still there in the form of the registered tamer pokemon or whatever, like Tauros for Rock Smash, and you still gotta beat X gym leader to get Tauros to progress forward.

Didn't you need Badges in order to use HMs outside of battle? Some characters just give you the Pokemon to use in your Ride Pager just by talking to them.

I personally wish using Ride Pokemon didn't require wearing that suit. HMs didn't require that.
>>
>>382493089
are you dumb or something? it's an rpg because you are playing the role of a character, it has nothing to do with linear
>>
>>382500689
I like the idea of Pokestar Studios but I agree it shouldn't have been forced. At least you can botch your own movie take to move a bit quicker.
>>
>>382485806
lol
>>
>BW was absolute dogshit outside of the story
>But it got sequels to fix things
>XY didn't and and got ORAS instead that brought over all of XY's problems

It's not fair, Unova was a shit region with ugly Pokemon, what did Kalos do to deserve this?
>>
File: 1489238657519.jpg (9KB, 382x339px) Image search: [Google]
1489238657519.jpg
9KB, 382x339px
>>382490126

>Pokemon game with Breath of the Wild exploration

Fucks sakes, all I want is to be able to explore and see pokemon in the world and have to actually TRY if I want to have a chance to catch them and not just walk back and forth in the grass like a fucking idiot. I'd legitimately cum if they made it using the BotW engine.
>>
>>382501376
>Didn't you need Badges in order to use HMs outside of battle?
I think Gen V ended that trend. Nobody who hands out an HM mentions needing a badge. I do remember in Platinum Barry mentions you need the 7th badge for Rock Climb to follow him at Lake Acuity.
>>
>>382490764
You kidding? Sinnoh was a fucking HM nightmare. All of Gen 4 was way too HM-heavy to the point where you had to have TWO HM slaves.
>>
>tfw you think all gens were fun

Except gen 3. Too much water.
>>
>>382498273
>Linearity *is* automatically bad
It's not. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>382501593
>Least Pokemon
>Easiest Difficulty in spite of having higher leveled gym leaders
>Too many rivals
>Shit story in comparison to Platinum of BW/BW2
etc. etc.
>>
File: CUk5Ztk.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CUk5Ztk.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>>382502002
>Defog
>>
>>382500432
Incorrect, you have no idea what I meant by oversaturation.
You have no concept of what I was even speaking of.
>>
File: Honchkrow_XY.gif (180KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
Honchkrow_XY.gif
180KB, 192x182px
>>382495749
gonna agree with this
>>
>>382502394
>>
File: 891487954.jpg (206KB, 800x558px) Image search: [Google]
891487954.jpg
206KB, 800x558px
>>382502221
>XY suffered from severe oversaturation due to being too small to accomodate the selection properly though

Then if you weren't implying it was oversaturated with pokemon, what was it oversaturated with?
>>
>>382502049
funny Monster Hunter 3 was trash too b/c too much water LOL
>>
>playing pokemon sapphire for gba
>100 hours+ at this point
>accidentally find underwater secret cave
never find it again
>>
>>382502473
>Tips before fainting
To think, these birds can put out hits on their fellow Murkrow.
>>
>>382502002
This, fuck gen 4 entirely.
>>
>>382502535
Kanto mons, for one. All the new mons introduced had shitty rare encounter rates of 5-10%. Unfortunately, probably a side effect of the backlash of BW's "only new Pokemon until post-game".

Funny, how people complain that the new mons are suddenly too rare to find.
>>
>>382502394
to be honest this is due to how sky battles required an actual flying animation. See Xatu.
>>
>>382502954
I loved HGSS, but fuck, Rock Climb puzzles were so irritating. Between that and Defog, I don't know what GF was thinking.
At least for Unova, barely EVER needed Cut other than one forced time and that was super early on.
>>
>>382488396
Kaizo romhacks.
>>
>>382485768
You could remove Team Rocket from Gen 1 and 2 and nothing would change
>>
>>382503040
And yet they couldn't let Chatot--a flying type!--participate. I just...look, sky battles were a fucking mistake.
>>
Bw2 was the last good pokemon game
>>
>>382502535
What I meant was that they had an enormous selection but jammed a huge saturation into tiny areas, making it so that they were forced to make a great deal into 5% of less when some areas had lots of empty slots for environmental reasons.
>>
>>382495643
>besides that and DP being lower than it should be
DP are exactly where they deserve to be, fuck those games
>>
>>382503318
They still fucked up distribution in Alola even with a smaller regional dex.
Pelippers, man. Pelippers fucking everywhere, squawking and in every goddamned cutscene. If not them, then it's Wingull.
>>
>>382502535
Not the person you're arguing with but my issue with Gen 6 is the same problem I had with BW2 and why I loved BW when I first bought it.

In BW, you had a whole new region of pokemon to explore, where you couldn't just default back to the Gen I-IV pokemon that you knew about until after you've beaten the game, which made it so you had to go in with an actually blank slate.

BW2 was okay still, mostly because while we got Gen I-IV pokemon mixed in, the selection was still pretty good (like getting a Mareep for the early game or finding a Magby in the wild as well) and they changed the region enough to where it was its own thing.

Gen 6 though shat the bed hard because not only was it mostly filled with old mons but Mega Evolutions completely overshadowed the Kalos pokemon. Like people shit on Vannilux or Klinklang for being "lazy" but at least people fucking remember them, I bet most people can't even name five Kalos mons if they tried w/o using google.
>>
>>382503525
Yeah, but with a dex of alolas size, it would have worked perfectly for xy.
>>
>>382502002
At least Bidoof and Bibarel was there as baggage for HMs. Places that have fogs was complete bullshit though, I'll give you that.
>>
File: 736456386.jpg (225KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
736456386.jpg
225KB, 576x768px
>>382502957
So what you meant by oversaturation is exactly what I said you meant. Why are you acting like I didn't understand the word "oversaturation?"

Anyway... Never heard anybody complain about it until you. And I never had trouble finding pokemons of any kind in the wild, new or old. The variety kept you out in the fields catching new pokemon instead of grabbing whatever two were assigned to some route and and running to the next town out of boredom like the previous games.
>>
>>382497573
This.
>>
>>382492312
Why do people keep acting like this is some big deal? So what if you have two possible routes for one final destination? The end result is the same either way.

Choices only matter if there's meaning behind those choices. If the game were open-ended, then that'd be one thing, but when the only difference between right and left is the direction you're going, then it's all pretty superficial.
>>
File: 645676699.jpg (208KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
645676699.jpg
208KB, 800x450px
>>382503318
STILL can't see what's wrong such a selection.

"There's too many options! Why won't Gamefreak hold my hand and give me a game where every player heads to the pokemon league with the same exact unbalanced party!"
>>
>>382503818
Because he wasn't the person you were replying to, I >>382503685 was you avatarfagging dingleberry.
>>
>>382503818
Not him but I couldn't tell you five Kalos Pokemon if I tried. It's because, well, why the fuck would I use most of the Kalos pokemon on my team when I could have my starter, a Kanto starter, a Lucario, a Gardevoir, or any of the other Gen I-V pokemon available that got a Mega Evolution or a type change to Fairy type?

It reminded me too much of Gen IV, where most of the "new" pokemon introduced were just new evolutions for pokemon that already existed in Gen I-III. There's no point in trying out the newer pokemon if the old ones are objectively better than most of the shit you could find in the wild.

And that's generally what makes the Kalos Pokedex so forgettable.
>>
>>382504032
Congratz, you hit a target you set up yourself, because I never said anything like that.
It makes it difficult even for your butterfaced avatarfag waifu to find her favorites if they are all stuffed into a single area with 1-5% encounter rates. They could have put those into areas that were severely lacking but chose to just stuff shit into a tiny space when they had more than enough to use, just because they had areas where it didn't fit the Pokemon's design.
>>
>>382504284
>It reminded me too much of Gen IV, where most of the "new" pokemon introduced were just new evolutions for pokemon that already existed in Gen I-III
And you couldn't even capture some of them until Platinum, what the hell were they thinking?
>>
A game is still linear if you still have to get 8 badges to defeat the champion

Dumbasses praising RBY for being nonlinear and "FREE" just because you can sidestep /skip these important dungeons
>>
>>382504457
Either that or you had to trade for it, like Magmortar or Electrivire.
>>
>>382504457
I remember in diamond pearl where the only fire pokemon were a Starter and .... Ponyta

So yeah Gen 4 shat the ned in terms of the pokedex(it introduced te king of all pokemon though)
>>
>>382504484
After finishing White and jumping back to gen 3 with Firered I really learned to appreciate the lack of bullshit gen 1 had, it was a monotype run and three pokémon I wanted to use were in the safari zone, I was able to skip three gyms and the Silph Co. quest, capture the three mons I wanted, fight the trainers I skipped along the way and after all that finally finish the main story, I would never be able to get away with that in gen 5
>>
>>382485381
>and good level design
The caves were always the worst things about the GB games.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01_22-51-43.png (104KB, 794x657px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01_22-51-43.png
104KB, 794x657px
>>382504589
Not only that but one of the Elite four was a fire specialist, its like they decided that at the last second and were unable to fix the dex
>>
>>382502002
>All of Gen 4 was way too HM-heavy to the point where you had to have TWO HM slaves.
I don't see how that's a problem when the vast majority of people just steamroll the main game of Pokemon with their starters.
>>
>>382505012
The caves are always the worst part about pokémon games, HM filled shit with geodude and Zubat, all looking the same save for a few rare exceptions
>>
>>382505218
The caves were egregiously bad in gens 1 and 2 though. So fucking long and they were intentional mazes so that getting from one side of a room to the other took 5 minutes even without random encounters.
>>
File: 109324969.jpg (296KB, 714x800px) Image search: [Google]
109324969.jpg
296KB, 714x800px
>>382503603
>Tired of seeing old pokemon
Then continue roaming the grass until you find new Pokemon. Catching and hunting pokemon is supposed to be half the fun, and it's not like the encounter rate for new ones is 0.33% or something.

It was important to include A LOT of old pokemon because pokemon is many generations old and previous favorites deserve exposure. EVERY pokemon is loved by someone, somewhere, and if they want to finish the main game with Leavanny or Torkoal then why not give them the chance to do so organically?

In my opinion, the worst aspect of pokemon is that filling your pokedex to a decent extent requires so many generations of games and hardware and different swapping techniques and events and so forth.

X/Y remedied this for a lot of pokemon, foremost being the eeveelutions. You may get off on depriving players of such modern opportunities just so you can find Hawlucha in a couple less encounters, but there are some of us that want to do exactly what the professor suggests at the beginning of every game without dragging out silver, blue, the gbc, gba, ds, link cables, hook up to the internet, go to the cafe thing, get a metal coat, wait for the full moon and check mystery gift?

Ash doesn't have to do all that bullshit, so why should I?
>>
>>382505351
I enjoyed those, being harder to navigate through made them more fun to explore and legitimately threatening if you managed to get lost, beats the linear shit we got in the later gens
>>
File: 1302095764086.png (40KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
1302095764086.png
40KB, 550x375px
>>382505451
>>Tired of seeing old pokemon
>Then continue roaming the grass until you find new Pokemon. Catching and hunting pokemon is supposed to be half the fun, and it's not like the encounter rate for new ones is 0.33% or something.
I can tell you haven't played Sun and Moon
>>
>>382505545
This.
Fucking Mareanies
>>
>>382492312
>I can go to this mansion and fight 1000 grimers and voltorbs
>>
File: Karate King.png (694KB, 793x702px) Image search: [Google]
Karate King.png
694KB, 793x702px
>>382505218
>>382505351
Dungeons (wether they're actual caves or locations like Tin Tower or a Team Rocket hideout) are the most important part of Pokémon besides the Pokémon themselves. Getting through one of them or finding useful items or secrets inside them is always the high point of the adventure.
>>
File: youre WHALE CUM.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
youre WHALE CUM.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>382485381

I remember but the caves overstayed their WHALE CUM.

YOUR WHALE CUM!
>>
>good level design
>half the TOWNS in the game are atrocious to navigate with cliffs and trees everywhere
>>
>>382504286
1%-5% encounter rates
Are you talking about Chansey? There are occasions where some are harder to find than others but you can usually drain an area of pokemon in under 30 minutes.
>>
>>382505451
>Ash
Be glad you aren't Ash.
Regardless, this is why the games are all so bland. Pokemon players hate change and only give a shit about the old stuff.
>>
>>382505451
ASh is a retarded fuck who jobs every important fight of his life
>>
File: PKMN_GS_Map2A_4C34_TS1F.png (7KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
PKMN_GS_Map2A_4C34_TS1F.png
7KB, 640x576px
>>382505768
Imagine if this was not scrapped.
>>
>>382505650
my two biggest problems with them are the lack of pokémon diversity and just how bland they look, Sinnoh had Mt Coronet which was just a bigger cave with HM shit splattered across it, no alternative palettes, no unique mechanics like the ice caves, it was just really boring to explore
>>
>>382505635
Mareanie is a 20% callrate Pokemon. The issue is finding a Corsola in the first place.
>>
File: 1380893108366.jpg (54KB, 624x448px) Image search: [Google]
1380893108366.jpg
54KB, 624x448px
>>382485979
>saved Kanto from Team Rocket

At best you prevented the follow TR plots:

>Taking Fossils from Mt. Moon, which you do anyway.
>Stealing of a TM from Cerulean City, which you do anyway.
>Stealing Cubone skulls from Lavender Tower and kidnapping Mr. Fuji.
>Stealing the Master Ball from Siplh Co, which you do anyway.
>Preventing Mewtwo from being caught with said Master Ball, which you likely do anyway.
>Foiling a recruitment contest at Nugget Bridge
>Continuing to operate from beneath the Game Corner in Celadon City

There is no region wide disaster you're preventing at all. You're just taking down some yakuza and bullying their leader until he goes into hiding. They aren't trying to destroy the world, and they aren't trying to remake the world either. At worst, they want to get back Mewtwo, which they created, and use it to make lots of money.

That's actually what made Team Rocket so memorable. They actually had understandable schemes with understandable motivations. It'd be nice to have another team like that, rather than each game's villain being somehow worse than the last. You just paint yourself into a corner that way.
>>
File: 317663954.jpg (17KB, 307x640px) Image search: [Google]
317663954.jpg
17KB, 307x640px
>>382505545
No I haven't played Sun/Moon, because only 5 or 6 of the designs don't look like Battleborn characters.
>>
>>382506010
Giovanni was a lame "villain"
>>
>>382505843
There are plenty of pokemon with 5% or lower encounter rates. And it really depends on luck, but it's certainly irritating to see areas with so many Pokemon that they're forced to lower the rates for some while others have 30% rates for garbage like Pidgey. I was stuck trying to find some Pokemon for hours, while others I found in seconds.
>>
>>382506131
Gary was the antagonist of Blue/Green and Red. Not Team Rocket.

And you gotta admit that Giovanni had a unique gym leader backstory.
>>
>>382503171
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>382506010
I hate how the box legendary is always related to the main story, instead of they just being ultra rare mons that exist they are part of some shitty plot about the leader of the evil team wanting to dominate the region, with their motivations becoming more and more retarded as the gens go
>>
>>382506010
>At worst, they want to get back Mewtwo, which they created, and use it to make lots of money.
False. Team Rocket has absolutely no connection to Mewtwo in the games. This misconception happens because of the anime.
>>
>>382506102
>says he doesn't like Battleborn characters
>posts some goblin that looks like one
Avatarfagging is against the rules.
Also SM has excellent designs, many of them exploring biological niches and life forms that haven't been seen in Pokemon at all before. Certainly more memorable than Kalos, which squandered the use of a new type on very standard, stereotypical designs and washed over them with old ones after people bitched about BW not having Charmander.
>>
>>382505451
Anyone who unironically has a complaint that they're "Tired of seeing old Pokemon" is retarded.
They always say some dumbass retarded shit like "BUT I COULD HAVE USED THEM IN THE GEN THEY WERE INTRODUCED IN" as if they have ever used a fucking Jynx. Or an Octillery. Or a Wishcash. Or a Mothim. Or a Basculin. And even if you had used a Granbull before, you sure as shit didn't use one when it was a Fairy type. The "solution" to this "problem" is locking the player out of established Pokemon, which surprise surprise, people don't like being locked out of content. It's why B/W failed and GF had to damage control with B2/W2 (Two of the best games in the series) and its why they're doing so much fucking Genwun pandering now in gens 6 and 7. B/W's failure will have GF pandering to Genwunners for the next decade.
>>
>>382506305
It's canon in the anime and the manga. I think it's safe to assume it's canon in the games as well. There's been no other explanation for who owned the Pokemon mansion besides Giovanni.
>>
File: 982539688.jpg (1MB, 5184x3026px) Image search: [Google]
982539688.jpg
1MB, 5184x3026px
>>382505850
Ironically the only way to keep it fresh is to add a ton of older pokemon. Imagine if you had areas where it was nothing but some new weasel with a padlock for a head, and the new baboon 'mon with blenders for hands. You would get worn the heck out on that thing as fast as the repetitive dungeon 'mons in early releases.
>>
>>382506442
>I think it's safe to assume it's canon in the games as well
No, it's not.
>>
>>382506131
Giovanni is alpha as fuck, he wants to make money not to save orphans or to become god, but because he can and he will, if he was create these days he would be crazy and obsessed with using Mewtwo to take over Kanto until the protagonist using the three legendary birds to summon Shen Long and kill him in a cutscene
>>
>>382506368
I wouldn't say that I'm "tired" of old ones, but they introduced so few in XY and SM and bloated the region with old ones while hiding away the new ones.
>>382506454
That doesn't keep it fresh avatarfag, and you're resorting to extremes. You can have old stuff while not making them the whole focus of the region and overshadowing the new with them. In your weasel area you could add furret, zangoose, and linoone, but you'd have to make another thing there not to make it stale.
>>
>>382506442
the anime and manga follow their own respective continuities, the games are the main source that paves the road and they make their own changes along the way
>>
>>382505451
>>382506368
>It was important to include A LOT of old pokemon because pokemon is many generations old and previous favorites deserve exposure.
Not when the regional dex has some of the lowest amounts of new pokemon to date and most of the designs for the new pokemon is probably some of the most forgettable shit to date.

Not to mention, the Mega-Evolutions were the primary focus of Gen VI, and it shows based on how often we actually see any of the new mons being featured in comparison to Mega-Charizard, Mega-Mewtwo, Mega-Lucario, or the Mega-Blaziken.

There's no reason to go looking for any Kalos mons because the strongest mons in the new region are the older ones who you not only find much easier, but most likely have their own Mega-Evolution to boot.
>>
>>382506454
You can have old ones without making the new ones fall out of focus.
>>
>>382506471
>"My dad works at Nintendo, and he says all other interpretations - especially the one used in nearly all other mediums - that aren't mine are wrong!"

I'll admit it's ambiguous in the games, but the fact that Team Rocket and Mr. Fuji have some history and he was the one who wrote the journals lends a lot of evidence that the games follows the same origin story of Mewtwo as every other medium.
>>
>>382506368
my favorite mon is from gen 1 and I was never bothered with what they did with gen 1, it felt fresh to see so many new mons, many potential bros you wouldn't normally use because your favorites would be there for you, I wish they did that more often
>>
>>382506368
And they should be, because almost all of the content in Alola worth saving were the Alolan forms of existing pokemon
>>
>>382506779
>what they did with gen 1
What they did with gen 5*
>>
This is why gen 1 will always be the best. Stay salty kids.
>>
>>382506749
It's not even ambiguous. There is no connection at all. The only reason Team Rocket held Fuji hostage in the games was because he was interfering with their operations in Pokémon Tower by ranting at them for abusing Pokémon and trying to calm the Marowak spirit.
>>
I like gen 5 mainly because of the nice looking animated sprites but holy shit does it feel like gamefreak is really shoving the whole """pokemon are amazing and you can do anything with them""" like every npc like that or their spewing some shit that we knew already
>>
>>382507084
>Haha pokémon are great I love my Pikachu
>Did you know water beats fire and if you press up you go up?
>Always recycle kids
Pick one
>>
>>382485381
One way to break the linearity of the game would be the method use in the origin anime
Gym leaders are proved trainers, they are veterans and weight in the region they live and their roles are to test the strenght of the contestant accordingly, meaning if a trainer enter a gym with one badge, the champ will not unleashed a full team of last stage evolved pokemon on a newbie but then, if the same trainer enter with 6 badge, he can go harder on him to push the limit of the contestant and prove his worthy to concur in the league

In game mechanics, it imply each Arena leader have a 8 possible composition of team used accordingly on the number of badge you possesed
Meaning you can fight arena in any order and have a challenge every time
>>
File: 484159358.jpg (238KB, 683x750px) Image search: [Google]
484159358.jpg
238KB, 683x750px
>>382506701
Then don't blame the old pokemon for being better, blame the new pokemon for being fucking retarded. Get the gems like Chandelure and Hawlucha and rethink what you're doing, saying people don't deserve to load up on great pokemon because they need to see a thousand copies of whatever new design GF should be embarrassed to let see the light of day.

I'm not a genwunner, I love plenty of Pokemon from all generations, but I acknowledge that as GF approaches creative bankruptcy and runs out of animals and objects to spoof, they'll need to satisfy longtime fans instead of catering to speedrunners with no taste who FEAR random encounters.
>>
>>382507657
You might not be a genwunner, but you are braindead if you think they're even close to "creative bankruptcy." Gen 6 might have been forgettable as fuck in designs, but they had a great amount of creative stuff in there too. Gen 7 has some of the most creative and memorable designs in years despite being short and meh. Even if you don't like the designs they meet the criteria of creative.
>>
>>382507657
Stop avatarfagging, you're like a tripfag but I have to look at some fatfaced asian everytime you post instead of a tripcode. Rule 13 buddy.
You can have games that focus on the new ones without making the old ones blot most of them out, and you can have new ones without removing old ones.
>>
>>382507512
I've given up on pokemon making major improvements
Nintendo is only interested in replacing their old fans
>>
>>382507657
>Then don't blame the old pokemon for being better, blame the new pokemon for being fucking retarded.
But that's the thing, if you're going to create an entire regional dex for a new area that's being introduced, logic dictates that there be something within said region to entice players and give the region its own identity.

I loved Gen V because they took the time to make a solid portion of the new pokemon unique, and a lot of the new pokemon were also pretty fucking great on top of that.

With Kalos, I have no reason to explore the region because I already got my bread and butter team before I even stepped into the first gym. Most of the new mons sucked, or were too rare for me to just run into naturally, and the Mega-Evos made the usual suspects even better later on.

I didn't even bother with random encounters after the third gym, mainly because none of the gyms were, I could EV training at will and most of the new mons didn't interest me beyond the starters.
>>
File: 1450680183973.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1450680183973.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>382492558
FUCK YOU ANIME

FUCK YOU
>>
>>382503171
Well it wouldn't have Team Rocket in it anymore. What the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>382486578
I liked all of that. I liked that Team Skull was just a bunch of punk kids and Guzma was a fun character, and the switch of a villain group not being Team X was nice, even though they were exactly the same minus the 'team' in their name
>>
File: 1454810621053.jpg (161KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454810621053.jpg
161KB, 800x640px
I honestly don't know how adults (16+) can play regular pokemon games. They are boring as fuck. Romhacks upgrade every single game in terms of features, difficulty, pokemon, etc. You have to have no standards to keep playing the new games
>>
>>382499617
Gamefreak is lazy as all hell.
>>
sun and moon were good because of the lack of exploration. the original games were too open world which makes for a shit rpg
>>
>>382505139
Nobody who isn't autistic does this
>>
>>382508971
Its more tolerable when you nerf yourself, like not using items during battles, mono-typing or nuzlockes
>>
>>382506010
I think it's more of an agency thing. While beating them is necessary to complete the game, you're not hassled about it by the plot. It's up to the player to find or stumble upon their dungeongs and actively choose when to fight them, rather than just being sent there in a cutscene. It's having that more active role in your encounters with them that makes them work well.
>>
File: fav mons.jpg (380KB, 1030x1240px) Image search: [Google]
fav mons.jpg
380KB, 1030x1240px
poast em
rate em
hate em
>>
>>382509310
IT was possible to clear the game with just a starter ... maybe until 3
>>
>>382508971
I dislike romhacks. The only reason I'm still a slave to this series is because the work I spend on Pokemon can be carried over the next installment.
>>
>>382508971
I play new games for the waifus
>>
>>382495154
God tier:
Platinum, Emerald, BW 2

Playable tier:
The rest.

Shit tier:
Gold/Silver. HG/SS. Sun/Moon.

Gold/Silver has fucking awful level scaling, relies on Kanto region far too much (Which was fucking gutted), and doesn't even use half the fucking pokemon it introduced. Hg/SS fixed absolutely none of those problems. I hate how much praise these games get because it's universally "the cool games" to like because it was probably the first one more than half the anons here started with. Fuck you retards.
>>
>>382509538
Well yeah but that doesn't mean you should do it
>>
>>382497803

It's a big hardware jump, it will be a new gen.
>>
@382509628
Not even gonna give you a (You)
>>
>>382485381
me neither
>>
>>382509714
>Gold silver is the best because I was 8 years old when I played it!
>>
>>382485381
Nope, since gen 1 It was like that, the difference if that the villains you faced weren't trying country level bullshit
>>
>>382509815
Nah, HG/SS is the best because it's the best.
You did just perfectly describe Emerald, though. Shame that the entirety of Gen 3 and its remakes were so, so awful.
>>
>>382495601
I miss fat rat Pikachu
>>
>>382509962
>HG/SS is the best because it's the best.
Good argument.
>>
>>382509983
>>
>>382507657
post more rin
>>
>>382510034
>Following Pokemon are back after fans asking for it since 1996
>Fixed the Kanto-locked Johtomons
>Didn't lock Sinnoh evolutions like FR/LG did for Johto evolutions
>GBC Soundfont item
>Last game in the series love and care were put into
>Best Safari zone in the series
>Best minigame in the series in the Pokethlon
>Story was serviceable yet not crammed down your throat like all games after it

A better argument than you could make for Gen 3 or its demakes.
>>
>>382485768
Why are you saying "This" when you're disagreeing with him moron?
>>
>>382510435
>>Last game in the series love and care were put into
you're thinking of BW2, but everything else is spot-on
>>
>>382496281
>not this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXUeljR7aNU
>>
>>382497164
Gen 5 older gen pokemon piss me off.

>HGSS makes new sprites for gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon

>gen 5 doesn't use them instead animated the sprites from gen 4
>>
>>382496550
>All that fucking water
>Floating in the sky
I know you can see that the water is shallow and shit, but come on.
>>
>>382511054
>>HGSS makes new sprites for gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon
>>gen 5 doesn't use them instead animated the sprites from gen 4
They made some new sprites for some of the gen 2 mons in gen 5, but somehow they end up looking worse than the previous ones.
>>
>>382510991
PA RA NA AUUUUUEEE
>>
>>382511763
>>
>>382496215
>Does HGSS alleviate most of these issues?
No. HGSS combined the flaws of GSC and the slow gameplay of DP, making it the most boring 4th gen pokemon game.
>>
>>382510435
Also the hud was one of the best if not the best in the series. The entire thing could be played with the directional arrows and the touch screen.
>>
File: careful not to fall.jpg (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
careful not to fall.jpg
7KB, 224x225px
>>382513290
> HGSS combined the flaws of GSC
>>
>implying this is true for any Pokemon except Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Truly the goat generation
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.